Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers (12700 Views)

Army Lieutenant, Other Senior Officers Batter, Flog Junior Female Soldier (pics) / Tinubu Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Others / President Muhammadu Buhari Mourns General Abba Kyari’s Demise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by Ndlistic(m): 1:15pm On May 23, 2021
TRIBUTE AND CONDOLENCE ON THE PASSING AWAY OF THE CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF NIGERIAN ARMY AND SOME SENIOR MILITARY OFFICERS

I was deeply shocked and saddened by the news of the passing away of my immediate successor, Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru, the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), the Acting Chief of Military Intelligence, Acting Provost Marshal (Army), his Chief of Staff, the Aide-de-Camp and the Acting Deputy Director Finance in the office of the COAS, his Orderly, as well as the pilots and crew in an air crash on 21 May 2021 at Kaduna Airport.

I would like to, on behalf of my family, reiterate my deepest sympathy and condolences to the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces Federal Republic of Nigeria, the families of the deceased, the Honourable Minister of Defence, the Chief of Defence, the Chief of Air Staff, gallant officers, soldiers and airmen of the Armed Forces of Nigeria over the passing away of these courageous, loyal and patriotic Nigerians in line of duty.

I am deeply saddened by this incident that can best be described as tragic to all Nigerians and peace-loving people because Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru and those officers that died along with him were top-level officers whose records of service were meritorious. .

This unfortunate incident deeply saddens me as it robbed us of the services of the Chief of Army Staff who, since he took over from me, had left no one in doubt as regards his determination to succeed in the various military operations across the country. He was at the verge of making the nation proud in the counterinsurgency and counterterrorism efforts when this tragedy occurred. I do not doubt his ability as he had served under me in various capacities and was well grounded for the job with active support and collaboration of his colleagues.

While condoling the Armed Forces of Nigeria, I urge them to close ranks and make sure that their legacy lives on by consolidating on the gains made in the various operations. They gave their lives in the line of duty and patriotic service to the nation.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of these great heroes. May the Almighty Allah grant them eternal rest. Amin.

Amb Tukur Buratai (Lt Gen Rtd) Ambassador Designate to Republic of Benin and
former Chief of Army Staff

1 Like

Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by Kuginzi: 1:52pm On May 23, 2021
While condoling the Armed Forces of Nigeria, I urge them to close ranks and make sure that their legacy lives on by consolidating on the gains made in the various operations. They gave their lives in the line of duty and patriotic service to the nation.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of these great heroes. May the Almighty Allah grant them eternal rest. Amin.

"The world is shaped by two things — stories told and the memories they leave behind"
The late General has left a good memory behind.

But the evil doers should note;
"The evil that men do lives after them"
The good is oft interred with their bones.
William Shakespeare

1 Like

Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by MARKone(m): 1:52pm On May 23, 2021
I feel sad at the death of this man, and I have this feeling he would have managed the insecurity in the country very well.

7 Likes

Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by kponkedenge(m): 1:52pm On May 23, 2021
Buratai is a clown, he deserves to be probed and made to account for all the defense budget squandered under his leadership.

6 Likes

Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by kachdviruz(m): 1:52pm On May 23, 2021
Cries
Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by Groomsboom10: 1:52pm On May 23, 2021
Rip to the late chief of staff....may God console your family

1 Like

Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by Aloof: 1:53pm On May 23, 2021
I am deeply saddened by this incident that can best be described as tragic to all Nigerians and peace-loving people because Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru and those officers that died along with him were top-level officers whose records of service were meritorious. .

It's not tragic to all Nigerians.

Apparently, he's a murderer.

He's not in any way better than the people he directly or indirectly killed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by flexlatifa: 1:53pm On May 23, 2021
When I had that news I thought buratai was among them (crash helicopter)... but when I confirmed he was not there I was weakend.....
NEXT IS HIM ..... (buratai)
Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by mosesbola(f): 1:53pm On May 23, 2021
D
Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by SLAP44: 1:53pm On May 23, 2021
Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by Kadejo(m): 1:54pm On May 23, 2021
It is well
Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by Drsnives(m): 1:54pm On May 23, 2021
Talk true you have a hand in this

3 Likes

Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by TimFisher2: 1:54pm On May 23, 2021
undecided
Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by KoshCAD: 1:54pm On May 23, 2021
cheesy
Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by phavorlee: 1:54pm On May 23, 2021
Sure say dis one no wan enter office back.

Check out how to open a PayPal account that can send and receive money from any where in the world.

https://techhob.com/paypal-account-how-to-create-a-paypal-account/
Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 23, 2021
in a normal society, Buratai ought to be cooling off in maximum hell.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by oluwaseunamos33(m): 1:55pm On May 23, 2021
Good but plsss return the money you looted during ur time
Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by obembet(f): 1:55pm On May 23, 2021
M
Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by Unik3030: 1:56pm On May 23, 2021
A
Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by revived2: 1:57pm On May 23, 2021
E go be
Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by hushpapi(m): 1:57pm On May 23, 2021
Inu jin ( the stomach is deep) the enemy we are all fighting is living among us.
Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by Laggafin: 2:03pm On May 23, 2021
Your enemies will be the first to send condolences when you are dead.. may dis not be our portion. IjN

2 Likes

Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by AyoolaIgwe(m): 2:03pm On May 23, 2021
Chief mourner grin grin
Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by teacherbim(f): 2:23pm On May 23, 2021
flexlatifa:
When I had that news I thought buratai was among them (crash helicopter)... but when I confirmed he was not there I was weakend.....
NEXT IS HIM ..... (buratai)

You are not God

2 Likes

Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by EdiskyHarry: 2:30pm On May 23, 2021
One day the truth shall be known

1 Like

Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by bayelsaowei(m): 2:45pm On May 23, 2021
Burutai should goan sleep
Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by AntiAPC2023(f): 3:12pm On May 23, 2021
but IPOB are accusing you of being responsible for this man's death
Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by PierreAbutu(m): 3:26pm On May 23, 2021
Ndlistic:
TRIBUTE AND CONDOLENCE ON THE PASSING AWAY OF THE CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF NIGERIAN ARMY AND SOME SENIOR MILITARY OFFICERS

I was deeply shocked and saddened by the news of the passing away of my immediate successor, Lieutenant General Ibrahim Attahiru, the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), the Acting Chief of Military Intelligence, Acting Provost Marshal (Army), his Chief of Staff, the Aide-de-Camp and the Acting Deputy Director Finance in the office of the COAS, his Orderly, as well as the pilots and crew in an air crash on 21 May 2021 at Kaduna Airport.

I would like to, on behalf of my family, reiterate my deepest sympathy and condolences to the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces Federal Republic of Nigeria, the families of the deceased, the Honourable Minister of Defence, the Chief of Defence, the Chief of Air Staff, gallant officers, soldiers and airmen of the Armed Forces of Nigeria over the passing away of these courageous, loyal and patriotic Nigerians in line of duty.

This unfortunate incident deeply saddens me as it robbed us of the services of the Chief of Army Staff who, since he took over from me, had left no one in doubt as regards his determination to succeed in the various military operations across the country. He was at the verge of making the nation proud in the counterinsurgency and counterterrorism efforts when this tragedy occurred. I do not doubt his ability as he had served under me in various capacities and was well grounded for the job with active support and collaboration of his colleagues.

Amb Tukur Buratai (Lt Gen Rtd) Ambassador Designate to Republic of Benin and
former Chief of Army Staff

Deeply shocked with the secondhand aircrafts that was purchased under You and Sadiq's nose, abi? cheesy

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers by OSHIOJANLE: 3:34pm On May 23, 2021
Good gesture from the senior Man..

(1) (2) (Reply)

National Convention: Buhari’s ‘imposition’ Of Adamu Causes Disquiet / #RedCardMovement: Oby Ezekwesili Visits INEC Chair To Discuss Electoral Process / Miyetti Allah: Fani-kayode Disagrees With Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.