Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Borno Rep's Aide Describes Shekau As ‘True Hero’, gets Sacked - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno Rep's Aide Describes Shekau As ‘True Hero’, gets Sacked (490 Views)

Borno Rep Sacks Aide For Hailing Shekau’s Suicidal Death / AbdulKadir Rahis Sacks His Aide For Describing Abubakar Shekau As A "True Hero" / Yakubu Gowon Was The True Hero Of The Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borno Rep's Aide Describes Shekau As ‘True Hero’, gets Sacked by prof2007: 3:24pm On May 23, 2021
Member of the House of Representatives from Borno State, Abdulkadir Rahis, has sacked one of his legislative aides, Bukar Tanda for describing leader of Boko Haram terrorist group, Abubakar Shekau as a “true hero”.

Following the reported death of Shekau on Wednesday, Tanda had taken to his Facebook page on Thursday to describe the nefarious terrorist leader as a “true hero” for blowing up himself instead of being captured by Islamic State West Africa Province fighters.

An online platform, HumAngle, had reported Shekau died last week following the invasion of the terror group’s stronghold in the Sambisa Forest area by ISWAP fighters. Shekau, who secretly had a suicide vest on, was also reported to have blown himself up alongside everyone present during the negotiations.

Shekau had been leader of Boko Haram since 2009 following the death of the group’s founder, Mohammed Yusuf. He had been rumoured to have been killed at different times. He had led hundreds of insurgents to terrorise the North-East region, killings hundreds of people since he took over.

In the now-deleted Facebook post, Tanda praised the dreaded terrorist, saying “he lived a live of hero and died a true hero. I admire and appreciate his courage to terminate his life. He lived a life of a hero and died a true hero. He did it in such a way that not even traces of his corpse will be found,” Tanda wrote.

But in a letter personally signed by Rahis on Friday, the lawmaker terminated the appointment of Tanda.
“I wish to formally write and notify you of the termination of your appointment as my legislative aide, forthwith. Your actions, utterances and opinion of recent are at variance with my interest, that of my constituency and our great party, the APC. The letter also serves as a disclaimer to any action or position you took or wish to take, on any matter that may have the remotest connection with me as a person or my office.”

The sacked aide further took to Facebook on Sunday to welcome the decision of his former boss, while also distancing himself from terrorist activities. Tanda, who was quizzed by security agents over his statement, wrote, “I have learnt a lifetime lesson and have now have clear idea of the companies to relate with”.

“To Honourable Abdulkadir Rahis, I cannot find the right words to express my appreciation for the opportunity to serve as your aide and more importantly for the spirit of brotherhood you shared with me all through our memorable years of togetherness. Your decision to terminate my appointment is well accepted and in good faith and I found nothing wrong in your decision. I wish you all the best in your endeavors,” he stated.

SOURCE (abridged): https://punchng.com/borno-rep-sacks-aide-for-describing-shekau-as-true-hero/

Re: Borno Rep's Aide Describes Shekau As ‘True Hero’, gets Sacked by Franzinni: 3:26pm On May 23, 2021
Haha he didn't follow the script, he went and over-acted mumu tanda, you were suppose to just say shekau is dead and that is all, but you let your religious bigotry give you Jara ... akuya, this one go fit spoil plan before e done.

Ehen .... people how can the world just believe a high profile terrorist like shekau is dead with no evidence ? Is this real life ? Or am I in a videogame ?

Like how is the word believing it sha. Just Lai dat?

2 Likes

Re: Borno Rep's Aide Describes Shekau As ‘True Hero’, gets Sacked by Northernblood3: 3:26pm On May 23, 2021
He was sacked because he made their evil collective point of view public not because he said what is wrong.

If Terrorist Usman Dan Fodio, Terrorist Ottoman can be hailed as Heroes, Shekau will be remembered as a hero.

Mazi Nnamdi Kanu said we have more things in common with someone living far away Britain than we have with this people we are lumped together with. Many didn't believe but with time, you will see it with your eyes .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Borno Rep's Aide Describes Shekau As ‘True Hero’, gets Sacked by Sirkingsnado: 3:26pm On May 23, 2021
grin

Believe me all Muslim s small and big are terrorist

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Borno Rep's Aide Describes Shekau As ‘True Hero’, gets Sacked by TheFreeOne: 3:34pm On May 23, 2021
So what's new

Even Pantami believed Osama bin Laden is a better muslim and a hero.

It's unfortunate Nigerians are being rule by nepotistic jihadists and terrorist apologists. The masses should be prepared to defend themselves against the horde of jihadists migrating into the country in connivance with their internal collaborators in power.

It is better to die fighting to save ourselves, families, dignity and country that succumb to evil men with no regard to human lives.
Re: Borno Rep's Aide Describes Shekau As ‘True Hero’, gets Sacked by psucc(m): 3:35pm On May 23, 2021
The sacknis an eye service. He will be rewarded through the backdoor.

All the Muslims are solidly behind Boko Haram and are praying for their success
Re: Borno Rep's Aide Describes Shekau As ‘True Hero’, gets Sacked by Charmingrascal(m): 3:56pm On May 23, 2021
Those are the terrorists in government sabotaging the efforts of well meaning leaders.

Apparently Shakau was this one's role model, like many Muslims covertly support Shekau's agitation for an Islamized Nigeria. They see what he was doing as holy Jihad.

Give the North their Islamic State and leave the South alone.
Re: Borno Rep's Aide Describes Shekau As ‘True Hero’, gets Sacked by pdr122: 4:06pm On May 23, 2021
this is trash
Re: Borno Rep's Aide Describes Shekau As ‘True Hero’, gets Sacked by slivertongue: 4:11pm On May 23, 2021
that's the opinion of the average borno indigene

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Suicide Bomber Killed By Own Bomb In Front Of Primary School In Ebonyi / On Open Grazing: Reno Omokiri Speaks / BREAKING: IPOB Sit-home: Shops, Banks, Schools Shut, Vehicles Desert Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.