Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,370 members, 7,829,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (698221 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fav2deep: 11:26am On Jun 14, 2021
So can I put in more money to the account like added six million without them asking why I'm just putting the money just right now

Mofolam:

Yes only if you provide it ASAP. They need MBS certificate not print out. If you are the sponsor I doubt 6m is sufficient
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fav2deep: 11:27am On Jun 14, 2021
Can I give an explanation of where the money is from and all. What do you mean by MBS?

Mofolam:

Yes only if you provide it ASAP. They need MBS certificate not print out. If you are the sponsor I doubt 6m is sufficient
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by badmanjo(m): 11:32am On Jun 14, 2021
Thanks but it's for my friend ooo, mine is coming by God's grace

Steph1738aye:
Overflow!!!!
Congratulations! Finally! Canada will favor you ooo

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kemesty(f): 11:35am On Jun 14, 2021
kemesty:
Good day everyone. Weldone for the work you are doing. I want to apply for a PgD program in Conestoga college. I do not know where to start. Please help me out. @ nairaluck. Thanks

I made a request. No response yet. Please help out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mofolam: 11:37am On Jun 14, 2021
fav2deep:
Can I give an explanation of where the money is from and all. What do you mean by MBS?

Google mybankstatement certificate. I jumped to conclusion about the 6m being insufficient based on my own situation. sorry about that. To calculate if it’s sufficient for you note the following;
1 year living expense is $10,000CAD. Since they need Only 6 months Living expenses; that will be 5k
So calculate your School fees+ Travel expense + $5,000CAD. If 6m covers it, then it is sufficient
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dabricious: 11:37am On Jun 14, 2021
Wow.... Congratulations, they are really answering February applicants, God be praised.

kelvine95:
Good morning everyone, I got my PPR this morning. This is my 2nd application, having been initially refused dec 2020 on financial status and personal assets, and family ties.

Timeline:

Applied feb 10th (there was no need for biometrics since it was 2nd time application)

Eligibility review started feb 17th

Got my gcms notes April 19th and the pre-assessment stated that I was going for a course that didn’t align with my undergraduate course of study and career as a Data Scientist. Also highlighted that I was being “funded by a professor” and that my family didn’t look well established. Anyway, I gave up as I had other opportunities. Through encouragement from different persons, I sent a short email and also raised a webform explaining that my program was fully funded research based masters at a top University in Canada, and that it is because of my excellent undergraduate degree and my experience as a data scientist that made me a fit for the program which is actually an engineering program under the faculty of agriculture, since my research involved the intersection of engineering(electrical sensing, automation and digital communications) and data analytics. I added link to my supervisor research page, a design thinking material I had with my supervisor detailing my research work, and also ensured to point that my masters was under the department of engineering and not exactly an agricultural program, that it was applied intelligent engineering to agriculture. (my supervisor was furious when I told him what the pre-assessment said, I reported it to the international office and they said nothing could be done aside appealing like as I have done). Then, for the finance, I drew their attention to my personal fund, to the research assistantship letter from the office of the associate dean of research and to my Uncle’s financial documents. But then, my research is fully funded, so every other financial documents I added were only met to explain to them that in case of eventualities, my Uncle can quickly cover a bit of my expenses. Then for family ties, I drew their attention to my mum and late dad’s landed properties, my study leave, my pension account and also quickly chipped in the fact that my Uncle is the governor of Edo state(I added Wikipedia link) and another of my Uncle is the CMD of UBTH(added Wikipedia link). Mind you, nobody has same surname as me. All had same surname as my mum, and they are actually my mum’s cousins. The point is, I didn’t really have to submit new documents, i just resent what I sent before but this time gave very very short and clear explanation to their concerns. These guys are overwhelmed as well, so they could mistakenly not see some stuffs, and I would advice we give very concise explanation to any concerns that might be raised.

May 5th I got medical request
May 25th went for the medicals and I couldn’t see clearly. I was scared. Lol.
June 2nd I passed medical and I started sending webform and emails twice weekly since my application has passed 8 weeks.
June 14th I got PPR and BVL.

Special thanks to justmellow, frankrobbn, Chocs and everyone that responded to my incessant emails and post here. Finally, it has ended in praise.

Please I need the information on what I need to put together for me to send my passport. Also, I want to resume in September instead of May, hope this won’t be a problem as my supervisor has agreed to this. I need y’all guidance. Thanks and God bless us all!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by slim2tite: 11:38am On Jun 14, 2021
RELAN2446:

1- I will always advise to order gcms note after 3months, so that you will ve seen some processes on your application.
2- I don't think, to my little knowledge about medical is that they just want to know if you did not ve any terminal disease that will cost money or so duting your study.
3- I don't think age is a determinant for study visa approval.

You have said it well, we ordered for gcms note after 3months and was able to tackle issues raised on our pre-assessment ,I am 38years ,so age is not a determinant...we got our ppr

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 11:47am On Jun 14, 2021
Phiyin:
Please is 2MILLION a lumpsum for an account that transact like 800,000 to a million in and out in a month?
If there's a regular deposit of 1m, it wouldn't be considered a lump.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 11:50am On Jun 14, 2021
fav2deep:
Please I was sent this by the embassy, please what do I do at this moment. I also have about 6million in the account now, can I print it to send?

Is this a positive thing or...

Its obvious you submitted your ielts as such you were selected for NBS meaning you have to submit your mybankstatement certificate. Kindly visit your bank to get it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 11:51am On Jun 14, 2021
Munando:
Hello All,

If one is in the EE pool and also wants to apply for study visa as plan B, will this be an issue?

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 11:53am On Jun 14, 2021
kemesty:

Kindly read through the thread and get all relevant information you may need. All your answers are here and ask your questions if needed. Otherwise I can put you through but for a fee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 11:58am On Jun 14, 2021
badmanjo:
It has happened oooooo!!!!!! PPR has landed for my friend ooo, this morning by 8am
Course: Foundation in Visual Arts
Program: ordinary Diploma
School: NBCCD

Timeline: Applied July 11th 2020
Medical Request- July 24th 2020
BIOMETRICS- DECEMBER 14TH 2020
Then the long ass wait..........
BVL: June 14th 2021
PPR: Same day and time
One longg Year for the visa... It has ended in praise

For a diploma o!! Congratulations.. It ended in praise. How long is this program pls

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Legacyedition: 12:00pm On Jun 14, 2021
kelvine95:
Good morning everyone, I got my PPR this morning. This is my 2nd application, having been initially refused dec 2020 on financial status and personal assets, and family ties.

Timeline:

Applied feb 10th (there was no need for biometrics since it was 2nd time application)

Got my gcms notes April 19th and the pre-assessment stated that I was going for a course that didn’t align with my undergraduate course of study and career as a Data Scientist. Also highlighted that I was being “funded by a professor” and that my family didn’t look well established. Anyway, I gave up as I had other opportunities. Through encouragement from different persons, I sent a short email and also raised a webform explaining that my program was fully funded research based masters at a top University in Canada, and that it is because of my excellent undergraduate degree and my experience as a data scientist that made me a fit for the program which is actually an engineering program under the faculty of agriculture, since my research involved the intersection of engineering(electrical sensing, automation and digital communications) and data analytics. I added link to my supervisor research page, a design thinking material I had with my supervisor detailing my research work, and also ensured to point that my masters was under the department of engineering and not exactly an agricultural program, that it was applied intelligent engineering to agriculture. (my supervisor was furious when I told him what the pre-assessment said, I reported it to the international office and they said nothing could be done aside appealing like as I have done). Then, for the finance, I drew their attention to my personal fund, to the research assistantship letter from the office of the associate dean of research and to my Uncle’s financial documents. But then, my research is fully funded, so every other financial documents I added were only met to explain to them that in case of eventualities, my Uncle can quickly cover a bit of my expenses. Then for family ties, I drew their attention to my mum and late dad’s landed properties, my study leave, my pension account and also quickly chipped in the fact that my Uncle is the governor of Edo state(I added Wikipedia link) and another of my Uncle is the CMD of UBTH(added Wikipedia link). Mind you, nobody has same surname as me. All had same surname as my mum, and they are actually my mum’s cousins. The point is, I didn’t really have to submit new documents, i just resent what I sent before but this time gave very very short and clear explanation to their concerns. These guys are overwhelmed as well, so they could mistakenly not see some stuffs, and I would advice we give very concise explanation to any concerns that might be raised.

June 2nd I passed medical and I started sending webform and emails twice weekly since my application has passed 8 weeks.

Special thanks to justmellow, frankrobbn, Chocs and everyone that responded to my incessant emails and post here. Finally, it has ended in praise.

Please I need the information on what I need to put together for me to send my passport. Also, I want to resume in September instead of May, hope this won’t be a problem as my supervisor has agreed to this. I need y’all guidance. Thanks and God bless us all!

Congratulations baba .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Sapte(f): 12:01pm On Jun 14, 2021
Congrats, am next in line

kelvine95:

Timeline:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Esmer: 12:07pm On Jun 14, 2021
kemesty:

Reach me on WhatsApp 08174069224. I'll guide you through. I applied to Conestoga college and I got my admission letter in two weeks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Winner0718(m): 12:08pm On Jun 14, 2021
kelvine95:

Timeline:

Congratulations Canada will favour you.

I am next in line.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Winner0718(m): 12:10pm On Jun 14, 2021
kemesty:

What help do you need exactly? You can reach out to me concerning Conestoga.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 12:12pm On Jun 14, 2021
Anon123:

Yes

@Anon123: I think it depends on the stage of the EE. If it is pre-ITA, not an issue because one is just in the pool swimming, so to speak. But if post-ITA, then it becomes an issue because a formal/official application has been submitted for PR. My humble opinion.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 12:14pm On Jun 14, 2021
Munando:
Hello All,

If one is in the EE pool and also wants to apply for study visa as plan B, will this be an issue?

@Munando: I think it depends on the stage of the EE. If it is pre-ITA, not an issue because one is just in the pool swimming, so to speak. But if post-ITA, then it becomes an issue because a formal/official application has been submitted for PR. My humble opinion.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RichieJayy: 12:18pm On Jun 14, 2021
God came through for me.....believe me he'll do the same for you...

Second time Applicant. I will drop detail soon..

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2021
@Munando: See attached one of the gurus’ response on this.
Hope this helps.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 14, 2021
Enjay316:

have u paid your school fees for at least a semester or a year?

Yes have paid my first semester fee of 10450cad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2021
CHIKACIC:

@Anon123: I think it depends on the stage of the EE. If it is pre-ITA, not an issue because one is just in the pool swimming, so to speak. But if post-ITA, then it becomes an issue because a formal/official application has been submitted for PR. My humble opinion.
Okay.. I stand corrected.. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by marcelonwa: 12:32pm On Jun 14, 2021
kelvine95:

Timeline:

Congratulations my broski
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by may99(f): 12:35pm On Jun 14, 2021
Congratulations!!!

kelvine95:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ToluDstar: 12:35pm On Jun 14, 2021
RichieJayy:

Congratulations!
I’m so happy for you
Go and prosper.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by may99(f): 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2021
Congratulations!!! Can’t wait for PPR to also rain May applicants.

RichieJayy:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Sapte(f): 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2021
Congrat dear, what God cannot do does not exist

RichieJayy:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Legacyedition: 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2021
RichieJayy:

Congratulations..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Winner0718(m): 12:53pm On Jun 14, 2021
RichieJayy:

Congrats, Canada will favour you.
I am next in line.....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Phiyin: 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2021
Ok. Thank you
shupy:

If there's a regular deposit of 1m, it wouldn't be considered a lump.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by nifnifemi: 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2021
Congratulations.

[quote author=kelvine95 post=102708937]Good morning everyone, I got my PPR this morning. This is my 2nd application, having been initially refused dec 2020 on financial status and personal assets, and family ties.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.