Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (689656 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lifeis247: 4:59am On Jun 30, 2021
maestro09:

Congrats man. Did you submit MBS?

Yes, I did,
I also submit a GIC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Pinkpo: 5:10am On Jun 30, 2021
Hello everyone,
Very helpful information so far.
Please I am looking for suggestions on what course I can go for, my undergrad was in political science. I graduated with a 2.2 and someone told me I will not qualify for a masters unless a diploma with a college.
Any advice or directions please...... if you know of any school that will take 2.2 for masters please suggest to me.
Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 5:26am On Jun 30, 2021
Iphiegrace:
April 30th Applicant.
Did upfront medical on the 22nd June
Submitted upfront medical slip 25th
Status changed to we are reviewing your medical result on the 28th.
Same thing today.
Please how long before a proper medical update?
Mine was less than 24 before it changed to pass ,it was so fast

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kachiii47: 5:31am On Jun 30, 2021
Has anyone received NSE request since 13th of June??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by divinefavour06: 5:48am On Jun 30, 2021
Please house help with this questions. Thanks so muh

divinefavour06:
All gurus in this house serving selflessly, God richly bless you. It is my turn o abeg help a soul.

My people!

Please, Biko, abeg, ejowo, dan Allah, i seriously need your help o. I dont want to die silently because I had expired long time ago in this country Nigeria.

I graduated with 2nd class lower 11yrs ago studied accounting but since then, I have not been doing any work related to the field.
I want to move!

Which program/ciurse do you advise me?
Can i still meet up with Sept intake?
Is there any study gap in Canada?
Which school to you advise me to go?
Thanks so much in anticipation. Modupe, nagode, soso,daalu and A VERY BIG THANK YOU
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ayoslas88: 5:48am On Jun 30, 2021
Lianna2020:
Soft landing gist
I booked Ethiopian airline for 1:40pm.
I said my final goodbyes and moved to the airport. I got there by 9:30 thinking I’m late because of the story I read here as per queue but there wasn’t any.
They didn’t allow my husband to enter and I had to tip them 500.
We proceeded to where they were suppose to check my bag but the woman asked for money n we moved to declare agricultural product, I had just one bag and I paid 2,000.

Next was to get my boarding pass. My bag was 43kg and so didn’t need to pay but paid 1000 to wrap my Ghana must go that had my foodstuffs.

I was asked for my passport , enrollment letter , arrive can , hotel for quarantine and COVID-19test result.(everything was printed out so was easy to find).

Everything was so smooth until the man said my covid 19 go soon expire by the time I reach .
Na that time I wan cry , pe village people u must show yourself o.
I waited for 30 minutes plus, the sneakers self pain me join , I come Dey frown face, the old man slow join, come Dey read bible abi wetin to show my covid go expire. I sha pretended and maintained my calm.

After series of back and forth, I was allowed to move to where we have the computer so I can scan my pp.

Then I was issued my yellow card where I have to fill my form and my boarding pass . That’s how one man said let me help you fill your form , olodo me allowed him, when he wrote my first name then nairaland tip hit pe, this man wants money like this o. I told him, don’t worry o, I go fill am, I filled it myself and when I was about to return his biro, he said find joy for your brother now, chai I said to myself , upon say I don read landing gist here back to back , I still looseguard. I sha gave him 500 naira.

I moved to eat and told my hubby to take all naira as e don finish , pe no more tipping then moved to final e boarding gate where we have the immigration officers.
First officer checked and asked for tip.by that time no more naira as I wouldn’t have thought , uniform people go want tip .I gave him 1 dollar and he said just one ? I said sorry o.
I was now directed to the second person where he checked and asked my my Canadian address and Nigerian address, I gave my Airbnb addrsss and number and did my fingerprint and he asked for tip too before stamping my pp. I gave him 1 dollar n apologized that I didn’t think I’d need to pay in here hmmm.
Then final final checks again, by that time I don tire , they checked my handbag and saw dried meat wey I wan Dey munch small small, the woman said I don see exhibit , settle your girl, for my mind, u no see shishi but I go sha giv u because na Poe Dey my mind like this.

Luckily I saw 1,000, I gave her and was seated for my flight .
We boarded 13:00and moved around 2:00 against 1:40.

I thought WiFi was free but na only WhatsApp he work for so had to buy WiFi so I can watch my Korean film but WiFi was limited too so ended up watching nothing but was thankful I could chat, maybe it was the WiFi package I took. Their food was terrible sha but I had to eat , dried beef came to my rescue.

We landed Addis Ababa 20:49pm , thank God I had someone directing me as I no sabi where to where .
After all checks ,I was asked for my pp, covid 19 test result, and booked hotel and I was allowed in .

We left for Dublin from Addis around 11:pm and it was a smooth ride, when I read in-house music, I had thought it will be a cool jam coming from one of those vent up there but no it was one boring set of songs you have to listen to(sad).

I had three seats to myself as no one was there so I was able to stretched n lie down well.
By all means download movies and music, iPhone do me strong thing o, not even Netflix . I was now waiting for WiFi atleast let me chat now , that’s how the hostess said no WiFi (cries). Boredom pro max .
Had to manage the dry songs n watch few interesting movies.

Then I was given declaration form , I kuku didn’t understand most of what they wanted but I sha filled something . The most confusing thing for me was the time difference, my time kept changing as weather chai.

We were served rice with chicken , Na so I no fit chop am because hmmm, I like eba and afang and so everything was strange. I told them to give me the dry bread n butter n water.

We got to Dublin around 6:35 am and some passengers dropped and we waited for 45 mins still seated for refilling n all that. We got to Toronto around 8:am(again time difference).

I filled my covid form on the system provided n was given a slip, proceeded to immigration, I was asked for passport , loa and school fees receipt, then he gave my study permit to me and went further by telling me about the 20hrs allowed for work .

I was there waiting for more question but none , I also waited for welcome to Canada , rather he said enjoy your stay and that was it.

Moved to take my connecting flight to Vancouver, that’s how they told me I must quarantine in Toronto, told them my mandatory hotel stay was booked in Vancouver and my flight would soon move , them no hear , had to cancel my booking and rebook in Toronto .

Please no matter where you going in Canada , as far as you stopping at Toronto, reserve your hotel in Toronto, that’s the only way they will allow you move further.

Did my covid test and was given a test kit to retest a week after and then we were taken to our hotel . Currently quarantining at Toronto before moving to my final destination.

For all PPR hopeful , I wish everyone nothing but good news.
Amen.

Pls how much was Ethiopian air flight

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dupsydooo: 5:59am On Jun 30, 2021
Leyemoshood:

Hmmm this one get as e be oo. Agreement is agreement but the woman should be considerate too even if na 100k she go fit refund you

Nothing she no give...... Please advise me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 6:00am On Jun 30, 2021
Please I need to speak to @Frankrobbn 1 o!
CHIKACIC:

March 1st Applicant.

I ignored the NSE request since 5th March. When it expired on 5th April, my profile changed to “Not Applicable” but my status has been reading “Your Action Is Required” since then, even after sending web forms and multiple emails to Lagos and Nairobi offices and getting the generic “active review” response.

Thanks to @frankrobbn1. I did what you said and my status immediately changed to “SUBMITTED” after uploading a Letter of Explanation on why I was unable to submit my bank statement certificate (my financial sponsors are UK based), and transmitting same by electronically signing the application.

Hoping they will truly and actively review my application going forward.
4 months and counting.....IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dupsydooo: 6:01am On Jun 30, 2021
justjify:

Negotiate part refund
Nothing she no go give that's what she said
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dupsydooo: 6:08am On Jun 30, 2021
fejiromich:
From all you wrote, I think you where abit too hasty in your suspicions... Maybe you should have given her abit more time to get you the admissions, while insisting on what you want... Not all “agents” are bad... Also you hv already paid her money... Getting that money back might be almost impossible especially as you are the one saying, you dnt want to do again.,,

She wanted to apply for business administration diploma, I told her I don't have any idea on the course...... Later we messaged her, she said she's already on it we kuku gave up.... After one week
You said business administration diploma has closed that I should go for another course now business management..

I told her I am not interested again....

Not knowing that she's used her email and password for the school registration and at the end of the day putting my details......
She's applied for something against us
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmalextemtop: 6:16am On Jun 30, 2021
Anon123:

Submitting the receipts can serve as both evidence its registered and also source of funds. Please ensure you are not using your parents business account for the sponsorship and also include your our bank statement otherwise you will be denied for financial reasons..

Use the most back dated receipt maybe 1990 or so

Okay, thanks!

Why did you say i shouldn't use business account, you mean his personal account?
His personal and where money enters from the businesses is still the same account but no CAC.

What is your banks statement?
Is it not the normal statement of account from the bank!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 6:16am On Jun 30, 2021
It’s an app you can download to book a short stay .
Blazca:
Sorry to ask but what is airbnb address? I've seen a lot of people state that

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 6:17am On Jun 30, 2021
ayoslas88:

Pls how much was Ethiopian air flight

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jenge: 6:21am On Jun 30, 2021
Lifeis247:
Update:

Application submitted 9th May with upfront medicals and IELTS.
Biometrics 10th May.
Since then, no further update whatsoever, just silence.
I was just reading up on how to request for GCMS note this week.
Then, checked my profile this morning to see Medicals updated to pass 28th June and the Original Passport Request and Correspondence letter dropped in my profile this morning (29th June).

I must thank @Lekiboboe especially for looking at my SOP twice. God Bless you man!.
Thanks to everyone supporting this platform with helpful tips and guides.

Also; I want to confirm if a single dose of the vaccine qualifies one for quarantine waiver or one must complete both jabs before a waiver is possible?

Congratulations.... how many days were you given to submit your passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jenge: 6:23am On Jun 30, 2021
Good morning guys.. please when you get the PPR request, how many days do they give you to submit the passport.. is it upto 30days?

I’m asking because my passport is not available right now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 6:34am On Jun 30, 2021
Pinkpo:
Hello everyone,
Please I am looking for suggestions on what course I can go for, my undergrad was in political science. I graduated with a 2.2 and someone told me I will not qualify for a masters unless a diploma with a college.
Any advice or directions please...... if you know of any school that will take 2.2 for masters please suggest to me.
Thank you so much.
While you await a response from others, go through the contents in the link below

You might find it helpful & useful as a Political Science graduate

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/670#101591686

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 6:42am On Jun 30, 2021
Jenge:
Good morning guys.. please when you get the PPR request, how many days do they give you to submit the passport.. is it upto 30days?

Yes, 30 days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 6:43am On Jun 30, 2021
Pinkpo:
Hello everyone,
Thank you so much.
I also studied pol sci and guaduated with 2;2, masters addmission with 2;2 is almost impossible in the field. i opted for human resource management in centennial, i was able to back it up tho with my working experience.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Esmer: 6:45am On Jun 30, 2021
Bayor65:

Submitted May too, did you hear anything yet?
Nothing yet. But May 9th applicant got ppr
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmalextemtop: 6:50am On Jun 30, 2021
Piecoco:
Greetings my fellow Nairalanders!

WHAT GOD CAN NOT DO, DOES NOT EXIST.

LONG POST ALERT!!

This is my 5th application o!Indeed what God cannot do does not exist. Below are the details of my application.

Application submitted - February 16, 2021.

Request Letter (NSE) - February 25, 2021.

Responded to NSE request by writing an LOE stating that I don't require proof of English Proficiency (IELTS) and that MUN have duly accessed my level of English Proficiency based on my previous academic background. This letter was written by @Frankrobbn1 and submitted the next day.

BVL and PPR - came in simultaneously by 6:00am June 28, 2021.

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED

IRCC FORMS 

1. Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E),
2. Family Information form (IMM5645E)
3. Temporary Resident form (IMM5257B)

PERSONAL DOCUMENTS

1. My Family Members Birth certificates.
2. Memorial University Unconditional Official Letter of Admission (MASc in Oil and Gas Engineering)
3. Tuition receipt (I paid the entire two years tuition fees for my MASc in Oil and Gas Engineering) 
4. My Birth Certificate,
5. Police Character Certificate,
6. WAEC Certificate,
7. My International Passport Bio data page,
8. Family picture
9. NYSC discharge certificate
10. Professional Certifications
11. Degree certificate
12. Transcripts
13. Volunteer reference letters from professional bodies where I am a member. 
14. My Landed property documents valued over 30Million Naira.
15. Passport Photograph.
16. Pictures with my fiancée 
17. Affidavit of return (drafted by Frankrobben).
18. Statement of Purpose (written by Frankrobben)
19. Letter of explanation (this letter specifically addressed the concerns of the visa officer regarding my proof of funds and source of income in a professional manner)
20. Financial Table (this detailed the total expenses and funds available for my stay in Canada)
21. Pictures with my fellow colleagues where I did my undergraduate internship.

EMPLOYMENT AND PROOF OF FUNDS DOCUMENTS

1. Statement of Account (Personal Account) with a closing balance of N9,309,366.23
2. My bank statement certificate with ticket ID and password
3.. Tuition Receipt for two years (26,000CAD)
4. Certificate of business registration (CAC)
5. Particulars of directors of the company.
6. Reference letters from my clients attesting to my company's services (Oil and Gas company).
7. Business invoices.
8. My company's complimentary card
9. Photos of my business premises.

I began the process of immigrating to Canada through the study route in 2019. The agent who filed and processed my last applications messed up too many things and kept me in jeopardy of never being able to get approval. Very simple here ......he was in way over his head and did not have the necessary knowledge or experience to deal with my case. But after I had contacted @Frankrobbn1 the MD/CEO of fandrglobal.com, the whole story changed. I must say that Frankrobben is a genius and a God-sent who rescued me from my difficult condition after four (4) visa refusals. May God bless @Frankrobbn1 as he gave me hope when all hope was lost.

My last application was denied on the basis of insufficient and available funds to pay for my tuition fees and to maintain myself during the proposed period of my study in Canada. I was very devastated and heart-broken when I got the refusal letter from IRCC in June 2020. Seeing the success stories being shared on this platform about @Frankrobbn1, I decided to take a bold step by reaching out to him for assistance with my complex case and it was the best decision I ever made.

To summarize my case, Frank professionally analysed the reasons for the refusal and encouraged me to order for my GCMS notes in an effort to obtain the factual concerns of the visa officer. After I had received my notes, he took his time to review my notes and gave me timely advice adjusted to reality, thus setting my expectations.

He took up the application and shared his expert advice that I should pay the entire two years tuition fees and have funds left for my living expenses during the two year duration of my studies. During the waiting period, Frank had always followed up with drafting emails sent to IRCC for expeditious processing of my application.

He gave me the direct contact number of the Member of Parliament in Newfoundland in June 10, 2021, who submitted an enquiry on my behalf to IRCC seeking for an update on my application. After getting a response from the MP, my eligibility review which has been on hold for more than 15 weeks immediately commenced.

@Frankrobbn1, I truly appreciate your support during this difficult challenging time. Your help has been invaluable; I don't know how I would have managed without your help and support. Again, thank you so much. I sincerely appreciate your generosity. Thank you so much for being there for me. It means more than I can say.

For those who are looking at this and thinking if it is a good idea to work with @Frankrobbn1, I say to you: at first it may not seem like a considerable investment, but if your intention is to have a hitch-free Canadian immigration process, it is really worth it. Personally, I paid for him to handle my difficult profile and his expertise made all the difference in my application. I am infinitely grateful.

I appreciate you all individually and collectively for a job well done on this platform. Success to everyone expecting an update. Thank you

Lastly, where are my fellow MUN scholars,  please let's connect oooo. 

It has ended in praise! Never Give Up on your dreams!

Were you sponsored by the company?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sammyyanke: 7:17am On Jun 30, 2021
Good news!!!
The good Lord has done for me .
BVL & PPR just dropped this morning.
May 11th applicant, NSE route.

Details coming later.
May God's favour locate everyone believing God for ths type of testimony.

Many thanks to all gurus on the platform. More grace

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmalextemtop: 7:19am On Jun 30, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Thanks for your compliment and best wishes bro.

Without deviating, I have a registered consultancy firm with a unique expertise in dealing with refused applications and difficult files. I pride myself on combining my vast experience and knowledge which have resulted in several successful applications. Interestingly, some approvals shared here on this platform directly retained my firm services in their applications (which was not announced). More importantly, I didn't deem it fit to advertise my firm services here as many individuals have known me for over the years for my top-notch experience in the industry.

Although, I do inform prospective applicants about my services whenever they reach out to me with their complex immigration cases. Having said that, I will be here periodically to answer a few questions and proffer solutions for applicants as this will be my little way of helping others succeed.

It will end in praise
Hello!

For one's sponsor (parent) whom is into palm oil, poultry farming, piggery and cocoa farming business but no CAC documents because none is registered.(just normal buying and selling...)

Is it advisable to just register it now while preparing to submit my application in sept for Jan 2022 intake?(I don't know if the date of reg. might be somehow to the VO)

Or can we just provide receipt of selling to customers, for prove of the business(es).
These businesses are just to show source of funds from my sponsor while studying.

Is many receipts of different years/month/season prove my sponsor is into these businesses?

Thanks!

@Frankrobbn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 7:22am On Jun 30, 2021
30 days
Jenge:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 7:22am On Jun 30, 2021
Yay congratulations
sammyyanke:
Good news!!!

Details coming later.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 7:23am On Jun 30, 2021
sammyyanke:
Good news!!!

Details coming later.

Big Congratulations!!!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 7:26am On Jun 30, 2021
Congratulations!!! I love goodnews o!

sammyyanke:
Good news!!!

Details coming later.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mobi22: 7:29am On Jun 30, 2021
sammyyanke:
Good news!!!

Details coming later.

Wow congratulations!!!�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mobi22: 7:29am On Jun 30, 2021
sammyyanke:
Good news!!!

Details coming later.

Wow congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 7:32am On Jun 30, 2021
sammyyanke:
Good news!!!

Details coming later.

Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by afomon12: 7:32am On Jun 30, 2021
Has your eligibility review started?
CHIKACIC:

March 1st Applicant.

I ignored the NSE request since 5th March. When it expired on 5th April, my profile changed to “Not Applicable” but my status has been reading “Your Action Is Required” since then, even after sending web forms and multiple emails to Lagos and Nairobi offices and getting the generic “active review” response.

Thanks to @frankrobbn1. I did what you said and my status immediately changed to “SUBMITTED” after uploading a Letter of Explanation on why I was unable to submit my bank statement certificate (my financial sponsors are UK based), and transmitting same by electronically signing the application.

Hoping they will truly and actively review my application going forward.
4 months and counting.....IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ebonieblack: 7:33am On Jun 30, 2021
Congratulations sammyyanke!!!!!!

sammyyanke:
Good news!!!

Details coming later.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 7:34am On Jun 30, 2021
DianneM:
Hello Mr. Frank, i need a clarification from you please. I have secured admission in Toronto and now wish to proceed with the study visa application. My sponsor (my Uncle) is in the US, and one requirement is to upload MyBankStatement for the NSE route. How do i go about getting this sponsorship if he's not in Nigeria.

Thank you.

As a general rule, I don't buy the idea of using third party (Uncle) sponsorship especially if the sponsor is resident abroad. It may it difficult to convince the immigration office that you will have access to funds during your studies in Canada without recourse to public funds. In light of this, I will rather suggest you use a close relative (parents or siblings) to finance your application to study in Canada. If not being able to get one, you should advice the immigration in writing when you receive the NSE request, that your sponsor is resident of United States and do not have a Mybank Statement Certificate.

It will end in praise

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92