Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (688666 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 12:26pm On May 29, 2021
Ketima:
Please all,

That letter that all directors of the company must sign to show they're are aware of the sposnsorship is called what?

Board of Resolution letter

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 12:29pm On May 29, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

The other supporting documents spaces listed on your MYCIC account are columns where you can upload your immigration documents. You can't download them.

It will end in praise
Yes the supporting documents section, I can't download them but that of Application for study permit and Family Information, I can still download it. Don't understand it. I will show you where I am referring to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 12:30pm On May 29, 2021
EPICUnleashed:
Hello everyone,

I am putting together my Canadian study permit application and I would like to know

If someone participated in a volunteering activity

What sort of proof can be used to show such volunteering activities?

Thank You

@Frankrobbn1 @Justmellow @Adiekwe1@Lekiboboe @NairaLuck @justwise @Akannitommy and other gurus, please advice

A reference letter detailing the activities and contributions in the organisation and ID should suffice. If possible, include pictures on some of your charitable activities.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 12:31pm On May 29, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Yes the supporting documents section, I can't download them but that of Application for study permit and Family Information, I can still download it. Don't understand it. I will show you where I am referring to

I understood your question, albeit you don't seem to catch my answer. As earlier said, you can't download those areas, you're required to upload your supporting documents in those columns.

Hope this is well understood?

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 12:46pm On May 29, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

I understood your question, albeit you don't seem to catch my answer. As earlier said, you can't download those areas, you're required to upload your supporting documents in those columns.

Hope this is well understood?

It will end in praise
Not exactly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 12:49pm On May 29, 2021
Hello house,
has any march applicant requested for gcms note and has gotten feedback, if yes have they start processing it? probably applicant between march 5 to march 24.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 1:00pm On May 29, 2021
JustMellow and Lekiboboe, you guys are doing a great job in here. I appreciate your collective efforts and continuous commitment in responding to concerns. Keep it up guys!!

I will be here in my leisure time to supervise and also proffer my contribution.

I wish everyone a successful application process. You shall all share your success stories in this new phase of the Part 19 thread.

It will end in praise.

26 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 1:06pm On May 29, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Not exactly.

Share a screenshot of the current issue you're facing on your MyCIC account.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 1:07pm On May 29, 2021
RELAN2446:
Hello house,
has any march applicant requested for gcms note and has gotten feedback, if yes have they start processing it? probably applicant between march 5 to march 24.

The delay is as a result of ordering from a third party GCMS websites instead of using IRCC ATIP department. On a normal condition, you should receive the notes delivered to you within 30 days.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 1:11pm On May 29, 2021
marcelonwa:
Please guys recommend colleges and schools to me for post Graduate diplomas or certificate in Electrical /Electronics Engineering
For Jan 2022
Google the following;

Post Graduate Certificate (PG. Cert) programs in Electrical/Electronics Engineering related areas, and check their course outlines

Fleming College, Ontario
PG.Cert Mechatronics

PG. Cert, Applied Electrical Motion and Control Management
Conestoga College, Ontario

PG. Cert, Applied Energy Management

Embedded Systems Development (Optional Co-op) (2 years PGC-Post Graduate Certificate Program)

Fanshawe College, Ontario
PGC, Electronics and Embedded Systems Development

The ones for CONESTOGA COLLEGE are available for JANUARY 2O22 Admission intake

Mechatronics at FLEMING COLLEGE is only available for September intake, so SEPTEMBER 2022 is the next available intake

I don't know about the one for FANSHAWE COLLEGE, you can do your research on it

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 1:17pm On May 29, 2021
ifeoluwadayofun:
Pls helpers in the house kindly attend to this question as it slowing the submission of my application.

I received a fully funded scholarship in Canada and I have a peculiar case that need your guide. I have an infant to leave behind as one of my home/family ties, I and my husband agreed to keep the baby with my immediate elder sister for my maximum concentration.
Please can this raise a concern to the visa officer?

How old is the baby? If the baby is just 5months - 2 year old, it's not reasonable in the immigration regulations and manuals of Canada to leave her behind with your elder sister. The visa officer will definitely question your intent as a mother to have took such a decision with your husband.

Kindly confirm her age and I will advise accordingly. However, if the above is her case, I will suggest you apply with your baby. Your husband is enough to be a strong tie in your application.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 1:22pm On May 29, 2021
Lyndaa22:
Good day all

Pls I need some advise.

My uncle wants to sponsor me but we do not have the same surname, If he swears an affidavit and notarize this letter of sponsorship would that help? Or is there any other thing he can do?
Pls I need a feedback asap, he is my only hope for prove of funds.
Thank you.

In view of the bolded:

Long and short story, use someone that is closely related to you for a Canadian study permit.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Foladimejiw: 1:23pm On May 29, 2021
An application was submitted on the 25th of April, biometric passed, upfront medical done on 13th May and stated passed. But nothing showing as eligibility started. When can an applicant applied for gcms note? This application is over a month
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Morrewhunmie(f): 1:25pm On May 29, 2021
Good day Nairalanders, I'm actually new on this section.
Please I'd need someone to put me through the process of applying for admission into any Canadian universities for PhD. Im a graduate of French language and literary studies and also have a Masters degree in French studies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 1:25pm On May 29, 2021
Lyndaa22:

Pls can I talk to you, I sent you a Mail.

This is my 2nd application and I don’t want to mess things up

Whether or not your assumed uncle pays your entire tuition and transfers funds to your account. Your chances of approval is slim if you don't have any evidence to prove that he is related to you.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 1:27pm On May 29, 2021
Foladimejiw:
An application was submitted on the 25th of April, biometric passed, upfront medical done on 13th May and stated passed. But nothing showing as eligibility started. When can an applicant applied for gcms note? This application is over a month

I always advice applicant's to order for their GCMS notes 3 months after submission. By then, the visa officer must have reviewed the application and made some comments relating to the eligibility status of the application. I don't think you will find any relevant information from your gcms notes after 1 month of submission.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 1:31pm On May 29, 2021
Morrewhunmie:
Good day Nairalanders, I'm actually new on this section.
Please I'd need someone to put me through the process of applying for admission into any Canadian universities for PhD. Im a graduate of French language and literary studies and also have a Masters degree in French studies.

Your best bet is to search through the Internet (google) for list of institutions offering PhD positions in your specific field. As a general rule, you will require the consent of a supervisor prior to submitting your application to the department/University.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 1:33pm On May 29, 2021
jfrazzy:
Good morning my people
Please help me I am so confused about all this, I applied for student visa since October 31st and did my biometrics November 2 and was to that I qualified for NSE and I should provide ielts and mybankstate, I don't have ielts but my school provided an email to address the ielts, but I did not use the my bank statement link. I just got the normal bank statement and attached and forwarded the document.,that was in December 23, they also said if I don't want I can leave it and wait for normal service up till now. No visa or response from them
What can be wrong

I will suggest you advise the immigration authorities of Canada in writing and explain your reasons for not providing the requested documents under the NSE program. Please do not ignore the request, thinking your application will go through the regular channel.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 1:34pm On May 29, 2021
I want to ask, I used baby n spouse as home tie and was approved
Baby is less than 3month.
When can I apply for baby and how long will it take please and what kind of visa should I apply for

Frankrobbn1:

How old is the baby? If the baby is just 5months - 2 year old, it's not reasonable in the immigration regulations and manuals of Canada to leave her behind with your elder sister. The visa officer will definitely question your intent as a mother to have took such a decision with your husband.

Kindly confirm her age and I will advise accordingly. However, if the above is her case, I will suggest you apply with your baby. Your husband is enough to be a strong tie in your application.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 1:35pm On May 29, 2021
Phiyin:
Good day everyone. Please doesn anyone have reviews or applied to ST. CLAIR COLLEGE in ontario?

Students going to this school struggle to get visas. I will recommend you try out other colleges in Ontario.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 1:37pm On May 29, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Share a screenshot of the current issue you're facing on your MyCIC account.

It will end in praise
okay, those two areas I marked with dot, can still be downloaded. I can still download and read what is written in it. But the other ones can no longer be downloaded.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 1:38pm On May 29, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Students going to this school struggle to get visas. I will recommend you try out other colleges in Ontario.

It will end in praise
oh! Serious? So schools can also determine the ease of obtaining Visa? Do you know about Cambrian college? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 1:39pm On May 29, 2021
Lianna2020:
I want to ask, I used baby n spouse as home tie and was approved
Baby is less than 3month.
When can I apply for baby and how long will it take please and what kind of visa should I apply for

Lucky you to have obtained a Canadian study visa while leaving a 3-months old baby behind. Given that your visa has been approved, I will suggest that you travel to Canada and obtain the relevant documents (study permit and SIN) before you can file for a Spousal Open Work Permit for your husband to join you in Canada and a visitor's visa application for the baby as an accompanying dependent child.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 1:43pm On May 29, 2021
EmeeNaka:
okay, those two areas I marked with dot, can still be downloaded. I can still download and read what is written in it. But the other ones can no longer be downloaded.

My Oga, this is what I've told you in the previous post. You can't download those areas. Those columns are meant for you to merge, compress and upload your documents, then transmit for due visa processing. Those spaces left out are for your supporting documents, check you can see the option to upload files.

All the best in your application.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 1:45pm On May 29, 2021
MindfulV:

Does providing a convincing explanation (without showing proof) on how I expect to raise the tuition for the second year suffice? I am self-sponsored, I present my bank statement showing 30k CAD to cover my first year tuition and living expense and then say my husband will support my second year tuition, do I need to attach his bank statement?
You'll need to provide proof that your husband is well established. I've gone through your previous posts, your source of fund is basically your salary. If your employer is able to state that you'll still be on the payroll while studying in Canada, that will go a long way, but that also depends on the program you're going for and what is written in your sop.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 1:45pm On May 29, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

My Oga, this is what I've told you in the previous post. You can't download those areas. Those columns are meant for you to merge, compress and upload your documents, then transmit for due visa processing. Those spaces left out are for your supporting documents, check you can see the option to upload files.

All the best in your application.

It will end in praise
Okay, I get it now. Thanks much

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 1:58pm On May 29, 2021
EmeeNaka:
oh! Serious? So schools can also determine the ease of obtaining Visa? Do you know about Cambrian college? Thanks

There are some certain schools in Canada that you will struggle to obtain a Canadian study visa if you use their acceptance letter for your visa application. This is most often caused by several factors which include:

A. If the school is located in a remote area in Canada.
B. The cost of the program in the school.

I'll point out a few schools I know that international students specifically from Nigeria struggle to obtain visas to study in Canada;

The names of these institutions are as follows;

1. New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
2. Novia Scotia Community College (NSCC)
3. College of the North Atlantic (CNA)
4. Saskatchewan Polytechnic (SP)
5. ST. CLAIR COLLEGE
6. Red River College
7. Sheridan College
8. Confederation College and a few others.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 2:00pm On May 29, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

I will suggest you advise the immigration authorities of Canada in writing and explain your reasons for not providing the requested documents under the NSE program. Please do not ignore the request, thinking your application will go through the regular channel.

It will end in praise
Thank you
I have provided the documents since December in the provided link.
I wrote them and they responded with my visa application is in process, but no medicals or update
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 2:03pm On May 29, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

I always advice applicant's to order for their GCMS notes 3 months after submission. By then, the visa officer must have reviewed the application and made some comments relating to the eligibility status of the application. I don't think you will find any relevant information from your GCMS notes after 1 month of submission.

It will end in praise
Please how do I apply for this GCMs notes
Can you please break down the process
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 2:03pm On May 29, 2021
Lekiboboe:
Saw this on TWITTER

Does anyone know what this means, most especially how it affects study visa applicants

@Frankrobbn1 @JustMellow @everyone

This is fallacy! She should drop the link from CIC news where such information about some schools in Canada going into bankruptcy and closing up some departments were published.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 2:05pm On May 29, 2021
[quote author=Foladimejiw post=102166494]An application was submitted on the 25th of April, biometric passed, upfront medical done on 13th May and stated passed. But nothing showing as eligibility started. When can an applicant applied for gcms note? This application is over a month[/quote

Please how did u do this upfront medicals

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 2:07pm On May 29, 2021
jfrazzy:

Please how do I apply for this GCMs notes
Can you please break down the process

You can order for your GCMS notes through the ATIP link which can be seen on the first page of this thread;

For reference purposes, you can find the link here;
IRCC ATIP REQUEST - 30 DAYS DELIVERY

It will end in praise

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63