Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,027 members, 7,810,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (685118 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 8:53am On Jul 08, 2021
You will sure get a PPR , worry not.

lawfree638:
Ghost update oooooo

Just saw one now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ganiruogene(m): 8:55am On Jul 08, 2021
ritzzybaron:
Hello House, Please has anyone requested for their GCM notes and it was taking longer than necessary to arrive? I used gcmnotes.com and today is the 38day since I ordered for my notes. Feedback from the team is that IRCC has not released my file yet.

Yesterday I sent 2 webforms to Canada and Kenya asking that my details be released. I’ll continue again today with engagement. But has anybody experienced delay with receiving their gcm notes before?

Today is the 41st day since I requested and I’ve still not gotten it. I used Thegcmsonline, they are also telling me that IRCC hasn’t released it to them. I just tire
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by metrecube(m): 8:55am On Jul 08, 2021
Bhyy:
PPR just dropped.

First Time Applicant

NSE Route

Thank you Jesus.

Details coming shortly.
Congratulations. It will go round by His grace.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ganiruogene(m): 8:56am On Jul 08, 2021
Bhyy:
PPR just dropped.

First Time Applicant

NSE Route

Thank you Jesus.

Details coming shortly.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 8:57am On Jul 08, 2021
There is a Nigerian whatsapp group for people going to centennial .. Reach out to the moniker @LadyBlaq if you are interested in the link to join.

MOBAN444:

Yes o! September 2021 intake, still waiting on IRCC. Please let's form a whatsApp group. 0h0cecbc0ca is my phone number or you can send a mail.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bukoj: 8:58am On Jul 08, 2021
Congratulations!!!

Bhyy:
PPR just dropped.

First Time Applicant

NSE Route

Thank you Jesus.

Details coming shortly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 8:59am On Jul 08, 2021
Congratulations Mate ! Can't wait to experience this feelings

Bhyy:
PPR just dropped.

First Time Applicant

NSE Route

Thank you Jesus.

Details coming shortly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 9:04am On Jul 08, 2021
Jakeeminem:
Hi guys
I’m actually confused right now, I submitted my study permit application since December 29th, i have done my biometrics, i was also sent medical request April 1st and medical was done April 28th, updated to pass May 14th, and I’m yet to get any response from IRCC on a final decision. I went through the normal route. I’m supposed to resume this fall, and i am getting worried!
Please i need help on what to do.

Send a mail to Lagos and Abuja office
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Leyemoshood: 9:04am On Jul 08, 2021
Aissy:
So I got a procedural fairness letter today, at this point I am just drained

This is called Natural Justice in Australian Study Visa process. It's an avenue to clarify some information in your visa application, most times the student's visa usually get approved after providing a truthful explanation. It might be that you mistakenly picked NO for an answer thats supposed to be YES or said you've not been denied visa before whereas you've had a rejection. It's really not a big deal so cheer up and respond.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jakeeminem: 9:07am On Jul 08, 2021
lawfree638:

Since you got a medical request and it has been updated to pass, you will get feedback from them on or before the 14th of this month.

Congratulation in advance. Keep the hope alive.

Try and do webform at least 5 times before 14th of July.

All the best.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 9:07am On Jul 08, 2021
ensamy:

Thanks alot @Akan, I wanted a response like this before going into details.
I have an M.Sc in Medical Microbiology and Parasitology from the university of Calabar with CGPA of 4.2/5.0 and an Bachelors degree in Medical laboratory science CGPA of 3.7/5.0.
My research interests is on Molecular sequencing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. I àlso have two scientific publications on reputable international journals of high impact level. Though I have done some other work on molecular diagnosis.
My question is, many at times one doesn't get response from prospective PhD supervisors who may have interest towards my research interests.
Infact which universities do you suggest are easier for one to get a PhD supervisor with funding. Thank you.
While you await Hon. Akannitommy 's response, i would say, you have a good academic profile, coupled with your scientific publications.

At times/Most times, the reason most Prospective MSC/PHD applicants don't get response or get negative response from Professors is due to their ACADEMIC CV & their Cold Mail content (Mails sent to PROFESSORS to show interest in working in their research group/lab).

That being said, find attached a Document
Credits: Dr. Olumuyiwaayo of UBC, Canada

This document has a Highly Recommended Standard Academic CV & a non-generic , contextualised Cold mail template. This particular Academic CV and Cold Mail has successfully worked for many positively. That being said, use the attached ACADEMIC CV and Cold Mail template to revamp yours exactly the way it is.

In order to secure a potential supervisor (prof.), take your time & go through the contents in the link below , relate it to your field/Research Interests and do your due diligence

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/175#102878887

Note: As a Prospective PHD student, don't limit yourself to one or five schools in Canada, widen your horizon as much as you can so you don't put all your eggs in one basket. There are loads of Canadian Universities with Fully-funded PHD research opportunities (OPOOOOR!!!!). That being said, check the link below for;

PHD in Medical Medical Microbiology & Immunology programs and Canadian Universities offering them (more than 10 Universities)
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Medical+microbiology&program_level_merged=Doctorate&program_language=ENGLISH

PHD in Parasitology and related programs & Canadian Universities offering them

PhD in Parasitology
McGill University, Quebec

PhD in gastrointestinal sciences
University of Calgary, Alberta

PhD - Pathology and Microbiology
University of Prince Edward Island, Prince Edward Island

I came across a post recently on TWITTER,
about PROFESSORS at the UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY, Canada who are looking for prospective MSC/PHD students, you might wanna check it out and see if there are Profs. whose Research Areas aligns with your Research Interests. If there is a match, do you due diligence on the Profs. you have a match with

https://vet.ucalgary.ca/future-students/graduate-students/graduate-student-positions

As a a Prospective STEM PH.D candidate, it's 75% certain you would be Fully-funded if a Prof. accepts you to his Laboratory/Research Group.

So against 2022, be very intentional about your PHD pursuit, & start now by doing serious research on Professors in Canadian Universities you have a match with (in terms of research) and use the above resources to package yourself before cold mailing them

Note: To everyone, this post is not only applicable to a Masters Degree holder going for a PH.D, it is also applicable to Bachelor's degree holders going for Masters

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jakeeminem: 9:10am On Jul 08, 2021
Please anyone with the link on how to send Webform?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by boyemfic: 9:14am On Jul 08, 2021
Bhyy:
PPR just dropped.

First Time Applicant

NSE Route

Thank you Jesus.

Details coming shortly.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Leyemoshood: 9:14am On Jul 08, 2021
AbiodunMobi2025:
Let me tell u where charge back comes from. Nigerians have problem paying application fee abroad. So most of them contact friends abroad to do the payment. Unfortunately you might not know your agent contact abroad. If the agent's contact uses credit card fraud, meaning they hack ppls credit card and spend from it. The owner of the card will contact the bank and police and once they see immigration fee paid with the card they charge back via the authority. And u are flagged with fraud. Let's all be careful. Know who pay for u abroad.

In addition to this, everyone applying for visa should get a dollar account/card, fund it and pay their application fee themselves. Even if you are using an agent, ensure to tell them you have a dollar account and your card should be used to make the payment. This issue of chargeback is becoming rampant.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ray007bu: 9:14am On Jul 08, 2021
Bhyy:
PPR just dropped.

First Time Applicant

NSE Route

Thank you Jesus.

Details coming shortly.

Congratulations!!!!! I am next in line in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by AdoChel(f): 9:15am On Jul 08, 2021
Please Sir @lekiboboe, my eligibility review stated, about 2 weeks later, it went back to "we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility". Please do you know why this happened? Has it happened to anyone else?
I already ordered my GCMS notes but I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do.

Lekiboboe:

While you await Hon. Akannitommy 's response, i would say, you have a good academic profile, coupled with your scientific publications.

At times/Most times, the reason most Prospective MSC/PHD applicants don't get response or get negative response from Professors is due to their ACADEMIC CV & their Cold Mail content (Mails sent to PROFESSORS to show interest in working in their research group/lab).

This document has a Highly Recommended Standard Academic CV & a non-generic , contextualised Cold mail template. This particular Academic CV and Cold has successfully worked for many positively. That being said, use the attached ACADEMIC CV and Cold Mail template to revamp yours exactly the way it is.

In order to secure a potential supervisor (prof.), take your time & go through the contents in the link below , relate it to your field/Research Interests and do your due diligence

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/175#102878887

Note: As a Prospective PHD student, don't limit yourself to one or five schools in Canada, widen your horizon as much as you can so you don't put all your eggs in one basket. There are loads of Canadian Universities with Fully-funded PHD research opportunities (OPOOOOR!!!!). That being said, check the link below for;

PHD in Medical Medical Microbiology & Immunology programs and Canadian Universities offering them (more than 10 Universities)
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Medical+microbiology&program_level_merged=Doctorate&program_language=ENGLISH

PhD in Parasitology

about PROFESSORS at the UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY, Canada who are looking for prospective MSC/PHD students, you might wanna check it out and see if there are Profs. whose Research Areas aligns with your Research Interests. If there is a match, do you due diligence on the Profs. you have a match with

https://vet.ucalgary.ca/future-students/graduate-students/graduate-student-positions

As a a Prospective STEM PH.D candidate, it's 75% certain you would be Fully-funded if a Prof. accepts you to his Laboratory/Research Group.

So against 2022, be very intentional about your PHD pursuit, & start doing serious research on Professors you have a match with and use the above resources to package yourself before cold mailing them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iphiegrace(f): 9:16am On Jul 08, 2021
People of God
Ghost update!
but I didn't see anything they did, eligibility is yet to start too.

God your children need your grace this month so we can book our flight and hotel.

May we receive our PPR soonest in Jesus Name Amen

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 9:18am On Jul 08, 2021
Jakeeminem:
Please anyone with the link on how to send Webform?
Thanks.
Check here

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/304#103423562
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 9:31am On Jul 08, 2021
Bhyy:
PPR just dropped.

First Time Applicant

NSE Route

Thank you Jesus.

Details coming shortly.

Congratulations @Bhyy Canada will favour you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 9:33am On Jul 08, 2021
Congratulations!

Bhyy:
PPR just dropped.

First Time Applicant

NSE Route

Thank you Jesus.

Details coming shortly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Leyemoshood: 9:36am On Jul 08, 2021
Aissy:
Please I am sincerely pleading anyone who has gotten a procedural fairness letter before, please I would like to know how you went about it and also anyone with expertises or a professional please I urgently need your help.

Leyemoshood:

This is called Natural Justice in Australian Study Visa process. It's an avenue to clarify some information in your visa application, most times the student's visa usually get approved after providing a truthful explanation. It might be that you mistakenly picked NO for an answer thats supposed to be YES or said you've not been denied visa before whereas you've had a rejection. It's really not a big deal so cheer up and respond.

The attachment below is a response by my student when she received a similar letter from Australian Embassy. The visa officer asked the student to provide an explanation why she lied about her USA visa refusal during her Australian study visa application. At the end the visa was approved 5 days later.

In your case, just be truthful in your explanation and you can send to the experts here for vetting, like i said earlier na small thing so relax.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ensamy(m): 9:44am On Jul 08, 2021
Lekiboboe:

This document has a Highly Recommended Standard Academic CV & a non-generic , contextualised Cold mail template. This particular Academic CV and Cold Mail has successfully worked for many positively. That being said, use the attached ACADEMIC CV and Cold Mail template to revamp yours exactly the way it is.

PhD in Parasitology

So against 2022, be very intentional about your PHD pursuit, & start now by doing serious research on Professors in Canadian Universities you have a match with (in terms of research) and use the above resources to package yourself before cold mailing them
Thanks alot , I am very grateful. Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Alchemist01: 9:44am On Jul 08, 2021
Which of the Canadian government approved hotels is the cheapest and allows you to book the reservation but only pay when you arrive?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 9:46am On Jul 08, 2021
I'm also going to Conestoga College in Fall 2021. Will send my number to join.
Thanks.

Esmer:

You should join our WhatsApp group for Conestoga College. Send your number to mudiwest@yahoo.com

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kudiratu28(f): 9:47am On Jul 08, 2021
[quote author=Esmer post=103484173][/quote]

Congratulations, delay is indeed not denial. Canada would favour you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 9:50am On Jul 08, 2021
Bhyy:
PPR just dropped.

First Time Applicant

NSE Route

Thank you Jesus.

Details coming shortly.

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Echogrey: 9:51am On Jul 08, 2021
IRCC will not kill me with unnecessary suspense. BVL dropped this morning after waiting since June 14 after medical request. Final decision has not been communicated. Sigh

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by FolaRauf: 9:54am On Jul 08, 2021
Your approval is coming soon smiley
Echogrey:
IRCC will not kill me with unnecessary suspense. BVL dropped this morning after waiting since June 14 after medical request. Final decision has not been communicated. Sigh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iphiegrace(f): 9:54am On Jul 08, 2021
Please gurus, can I send this as my letter on the web form?

Dear Sir/Ma,
I trust this email meets you well even as you work tirelessly during these unprecedented times.
I submitted my study permit application on the 21st of April and got a medical request on the 11th of May which
I have done and it got updated to pass on the 22nd of May. However, it's been over a month, and no further updates.
I humbly request my application be treated in order to give enough notice at my place of work before the start of Fall session in September

Thank you in anticipation of your kind response.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 9:56am On Jul 08, 2021
Jakeeminem:
Hi guys
I’m actually confused right now, I submitted my study permit application since December 29th, i have done my biometrics, i was also sent medical request April 1st and medical was done April 28th, updated to pass May 14th, and I’m yet to get any response from IRCC on a final decision. I went through the normal route. I’m supposed to resume this fall, and i am getting worried!
Please i need help on what to do.

Webform straaaaaight.
A final decision has been made on your application and for the fact that you were sent a medical request means it's 98% positive, the 2% na for *winch*, and I know say dem no dey your family.
Congratulations

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iphiegrace(f): 9:58am On Jul 08, 2021
Just start typing your timeline.... grin
approval before tomorrow evening by God's grace.
Echogrey:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by boyemfic: 9:59am On Jul 08, 2021
Echogrey:

Congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.