Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (692500 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 09, 2021
CrownTdan:
My stamped passport came back today!
The feeling is unreal...
sent to Abuja on Friday,18th and I received it exactly after a week!

Hello crownTdan
Please i sent you a mail.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 9:10am On Jul 09, 2021
AdoChel:
Gckey site seems to have crashed. Server error.

I'm almost certain that the portal will be unstable until the Aug 6 deadline.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sweetchi2411: 9:11am On Jul 09, 2021
Echogrey:
A very good morning to you all.

I am going for my Masters of Law (LLM) at Western University (London, Ontario) to resume September 1.
Please feel free to reach out

First time applicant.

Timeline:

- Application Submission: 30 March 2021 with NSE documents and upfront Medicals (which I used for my PR application)

- Review of Eligibility Start Date : 14 April 2021

(Caught more than 5 ghost updates )

- Medical Request : 10 June 2021

(Informed them via webform that I had previously submitted my medicals and it is still valid)

- Medical Passed : 14 June 2021

- BVL : 8 July 2021

- PPR: 9 July 2021

God bless us all and grant us our heart desires! Happy to answer any questions!

Cheers, guys!

Congratulations!

May the land of Canada favour you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Innocey(m): 9:13am On Jul 09, 2021
I got delayed this morning, I have already ordered for the notes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 09, 2021
lawfree638:

I'm almost certain that the portal will be unstable until the Aug 6 deadline.

Please sorry i am quoting you.
I dnt know how to send message here, Teach me how to send message here without quoting anyone please.

Also, i just sent an email to one person, tried sending to another and Nairaland said i have SENT TOO MANY ANONYMOUS MESSAGES.
How is that possible? When the message i sent was automated and i was logged in too not anonymously, i couldnt even type what i wanted rather it was the message by nairaland.
Please help me navigate this nairaland
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 9:16am On Jul 09, 2021
GodsGabby:

Please sorry i am quoting you.
I dnt know how to send message here, Teach me how to send message here without quoting anyone please.

Also, i just sent an email to one person, tried sending to another and Nairaland said i have SENT TOO MANY ANONYMOUS MESSAGES.
How is that possible? When the message i sent was automated and i was logged in too not anonymously, i couldnt even type what i wanted rather it was the message by nairaland.
Please help me navigate this nairaland

if you want to send a message here without quoting anyone, go to the reply button next to the page numbers and type your message.

The persons you sent the message must have received it. You cant edit the message because you are probably not following the person or vice versa. But sending the automated message, the person receives the message directly to their email address. and you will receive reply via your email address too.

Check your email for responses!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 9:17am On Jul 09, 2021
Congratulations!

Echogrey:
A very good morning to you all. It’s PPR!!

Wow! IRCC really toyed with my emotions o. In fact, I had decided my timeline would be very straightforward because of how they dragged the whole thing. It was just frustrating. But, to do that will be unfair.

Although I had submitted my application before I joined Nairaland, I must say that it’s been such a pleasure being on this platform. People are ever ready to help. Let’s all endeavor to continue with that spirit wherever we find ourselves.
I really enjoyed reading good news (which went a long way in keeping my hopes alive) and I also said a little prayer in my heart for those who were refused. All will be well.

SO…snippets of information about my application:

I am going for my Masters of Law (LLM) at Western University (London, Ontario) to resume September 1.
Please feel free to reach out if we would be neighbors! Lol

I was offered about 90% scholarship and I indicated my mum as sponsor to cover the remaining tuition fee and living expenses.

First time applicant.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jideks: 9:20am On Jul 09, 2021
Congratulations on your ppr. We are heading to the same school, you can send me an email.
Echogrey:

Wow! IRCC really toyed with my emotions o. In fact, I had decided my timeline would be very straightforward because of how they dragged the whole thing. It was just frustrating. But, to do that will be unfair.

Although I had submitted my application before I joined Nairaland, I must say that it’s been such a pleasure being on this platform. People are ever ready to help. Let’s all endeavor to continue with that spirit wherever we find ourselves.
I really enjoyed reading good news (which went a long way in keeping my hopes alive) and I also said a little prayer in my heart for those who were refused. All will be well.

I was offered about 90% scholarship and I indicated my mum as sponsor to cover the remaining tuition fee and living expenses.

First time applicant.

To Note:

My permanent residency application which I submitted since December 2020 is still being processed. Dual intent comes in here!

General documents:

- Degree certificates/ transcripts.
- Certificate of incorporation (ONLY) of father’s company and mother’s company.
- Certificate of incorporation (ONLY) of mum’s foundation.
- Mum’s Share certificates
- CV
- Int. Passport bio data pages for parents and siblings
- Sworn affidavit of one and same person (my names are all over the place lol)
- Police character certificate
- IELTS result (L8,W,8,R8,S8.5)
- Mum’s C of O for just one property (no valuation report, etc., ONLY CofO)
- Proof of mum’s past and current employment
- Letter of support from mum (sponsor)
- Mum’s 1 year mybankstatement
- Scholarship package from my faculty

Home ties:

1. Work ID card, Letter of introduction from current employer indicating my salary, benefits, etc., (and also stating that I will be granted a study leave once my study permit has been approved).
3. I also downloaded my appraisal notes where my supervisor made very nice comments about my work in the Firm and my good character ( The appraisal notes also stated that I was recommended for promotion).
4. I am also a trustee in my mum’s foundation (the certificate of incorporation shows my name as one of the trustees)
5. Fact that my parents and 2 younger siblings are in Nigeria. I am the first child of my parents.

Proof of Personal Assets:

- 3 months payslips and statement of salary account (the balance at the time was not too significant- I only highlighted salary inflow)
- Statement of Retirement savings account and reference letter from Stanbic pension managers

Dual Intent:

I felt like I really needed to let them know that I would leave Canada (after my authorized stay) in the event that my PR application is refused so I added a bit more documents like:

- Character reference letter (from a former employer) who is also a notary public.
- Affidavit of good conduct stating that I will abide by the relevant laws and would not stay in Canada beyond the authorized period.
- I also stressed in my LOE, my frequent travels to the US and UK over the years so they know I will respectfully comply with their immigration laws and not overstay illegally.

Timeline:

- Application Submission: 30 March 2021 with NSE documents and upfront Medicals (which I used for my PR application)

(Informed them via webform that I had previously submitted my medicals and it is still valid)

Cheers, guys!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 9:20am On Jul 09, 2021
Innocey:

So Sorry Champ.

Let's get the notes then we will know the next direction.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 9:21am On Jul 09, 2021
[quote author=Echogrey post=103519227]A very good morning to you all. It’s PPR!!

Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 9:22am On Jul 09, 2021
So sorry for the delay.
Wishing you success as you reapply.

Innocey:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by meemeeibrahim22: 9:27am On Jul 09, 2021
Hello Everyone
Please is it okay to book a one way ticket ?
What are the odds? Will they be issue at the immigration to why I booked that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 09, 2021
lawfree638:

if you want to send a message here without quoting anyone, go to the reply button next to the page numbers and type your message.

The persons you sent the message must have received it. You cant edit the message because you are probably not following the person or vice versa. But sending the automated message, the person receives the message directly to their email address. and you will receive reply via your email address too.

Check your email for responses!!

Thank you, learnt that now.

Errmmm!!! What about the YOU HAVE SENT TOO MANY ANONYMOUS MESSAGE when it's just a person i sent email?
How do i go about that. When can i send an email to someone else again.
I tried sending to someone else now and it said the same thing.
How do i solve that please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sweetchi2411: 9:29am On Jul 09, 2021
Innocey:

So sorry.
The next one will be approved by God's Grace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 9:31am On Jul 09, 2021
GodsGabby:

Thank you, learnt that now.

Errmmm!!! What about the YOU HAVE SENT TOO MANY ANONYMOUS MESSAGE when it's just a person i sent email?
How do i go about that. When can i send an email to someone else again.
I tried sending to someone else now and it said the same thing.
How do i solve that please?

You can't send any emails again for another 24 hours or so. I think you have attempted several times beyond the threshold.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 09, 2021
lawfree638:

You can't send any emails again for another 24 hours or so. I think you have attempted several times beyond the threshold.

Nawa oo undecided
This is surprising tho. Cos i only sent it once and shocked to get that message when sending to another person.
Well will wait after 24hrs.
Thank you so much...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nikky6: 9:45am On Jul 09, 2021
Is it true they have stopped giving vaccines?cos the two health centers I went to today said Lagos state stopped it since last week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ac7619710: 9:47am On Jul 09, 2021
Blazca:
Please someone I need an answer to this. After upfront medical, I don't have to do anything right?

The hospital will do the uploading

You need to send the e slip to IRCC using web form or through Email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Emmasonic4me: 9:49am On Jul 09, 2021
AdoChel:
Gckey site seems to have crashed. Server error.

Crashed? Maybe if hackers can get hold of the site and issue everyone with PPR...lol

Anyways, I was able to login this morning with my usual Chrome after clearing cookies and caches.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EPICUnleashed: 9:51am On Jul 09, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cynk: 9:52am On Jul 09, 2021
E never drop be my worry ooo
Jeff5gold:

I thought LOI is normally sent immediately after passport is stamped. undecided undecided undecided......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by aWITNESS: 9:55am On Jul 09, 2021
Echogrey:

First time applicant.

To Note:

My permanent residency application which I submitted since December 2020 is still being processed. Dual intent comes in here!

General documents:

- Degree certificates/ transcripts.
- Certificate of incorporation (ONLY) of father’s company and mother’s company.
- Certificate of incorporation (ONLY) of mum’s foundation.
- Mum’s Share certificates
- CV
- Int. Passport bio data pages for parents and siblings
- Sworn affidavit of one and same person (my names are all over the place lol)
- Police character certificate
- IELTS result (L8,W,8,R8,S8.5)
- Mum’s C of O for just one property (no valuation report, etc., ONLY CofO)
- Proof of mum’s past and current employment
- Letter of support from mum (sponsor)
- Mum’s 1 year mybankstatement
- Scholarship package from my faculty

Home ties:

1. Work ID card, Letter of introduction from current employer indicating my salary, benefits, etc., (and also stating that I will be granted a study leave once my study permit has been approved).
3. I also downloaded my appraisal notes where my supervisor made very nice comments about my work in the Firm and my good character ( The appraisal notes also stated that I was recommended for promotion).
4. I am also a trustee in my mum’s foundation (the certificate of incorporation shows my name as one of the trustees)
5. Fact that my parents and 2 younger siblings are in Nigeria. I am the first child of my parents.

Proof of Personal Assets:

- 3 months payslips and statement of salary account (the balance at the time was not too significant- I only highlighted salary inflow)
- Statement of Retirement savings account and reference letter from Stanbic pension managers

Dual Intent:

I felt like I really needed to let them know that I would leave Canada (after my authorized stay) in the event that my PR application is refused so I added a bit more documents like:

- Character reference letter (from a former employer) who is also a notary public.
- Affidavit of good conduct stating that I will abide by the relevant laws and would not stay in Canada beyond the authorized period.
- I also stressed in my LOE, my frequent travels to the US and UK over the years so they know I will respectfully comply with their immigration laws and not overstay illegally.

Timeline:

Cheers, guys!

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by graceyajayi(f): 10:03am On Jul 09, 2021
Please what is LOI?

Cynk:
Guyz help

PPR 21st june
Passport sent 22nd june
Passport returned 2nd july

No LOI yet, shld i be worried?

Any group for people going to university of Saskatchewan?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cynk: 10:08am On Jul 09, 2021
Letter of introduction
graceyajayi:

Please what is LOI?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 09, 2021
Thanks
ac7619710:

You need to send the e slip to IRCC using web form or through Email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cynk: 10:10am On Jul 09, 2021
Guyz help

PPR 21st june
Passport sent 22nd june
Passport returned 2nd july

No LOI yet, shld i be worried?

Any group for people going to university of Saskatchewan?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gentledaf(m): 10:12am On Jul 09, 2021
Let PPR rain today for those expectant ......Amen

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 10:17am On Jul 09, 2021
To those who have travelled, can someone in Canada help a Nigerian (slated to travel to Canada) book and pay for the 3-days Hotel Quarantine or only payment can be done by the person in Canada ? If yes how ?

or

it's compulsory the Nigerian Slated to travel to Canada must be the person to book & pay for the 3-days Hotel Quarantine?

Thanks...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RichieJayy: 10:21am On Jul 09, 2021
Hello everyone,
My kid sister graduated with a 2.2 in Economics(B.Sc) i.e 2.28/4.00 gpa.

Someone should help me point out what courses she can take either for PGcert or MSc and what school she can apply to for quick admission (Ontario province preferably).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Petrified235555: 10:23am On Jul 09, 2021
Victoryokondu:
Petrified235555 was it a full funding you got?
hello were you able to get the visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Freebands01: 10:24am On Jul 09, 2021
Lekiboboe:
To those who have travelled, can someone in Canada help a Nigerian (slated to travel to Canada) book and pay for the 3-days Hotel Quarantine or only payment can be done by the person in Canada ? If yes how ?

or

it's compulsory the Nigerian Slated to travel to Canada must be the person to book & pay for the 3-days Hotel Quarantine?
Thanks...

According to what I have read on here, most people book before they travel and pay on arrival at the hotel they are to quarantine at. And I also think they can pay with dollar card also too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gentledaf(m): 10:25am On Jul 09, 2021
sexydamsel4luv:
Hello Everyone, please I applied for a visit visa last year and I intend to apply for a study permit soon. Is it possible to run two applications ? Will be waiting for a response. Thank you.

Yes dual intent is allowed

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.