Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (689329 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by eclint(m): 10:30am On Jul 16, 2021
Mobi22:
BVL AND PPR JUST DROPPED!!!
Would be back later to post my timeline
God has done it for me!
wahlooop! Great news
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Godsblessings: 10:32am On Jul 16, 2021
Esmer:

They should go ahead and do upfront medicals
Are you sure of this, pls ? What if , they do medical and nothing showed up cos I expected medical request to be sent to them as usual or has the process changed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 10:36am On Jul 16, 2021
Godsblessings:

Are you sure of this, pls ? What if , they do medical and nothing showed up cos I expected medical request to be sent to them as usual or has the process changed?
There will not be Final Decision without Medicals. So whether Medical Request come or you do Upfront Medicals, the most important thing is getting it Passed and then wait. All of us are Waiting. I am April applicant too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 10:39am On Jul 16, 2021
bemagnify:
I am seeking an admission for a graduate diploma in foundations of Canadian Law...please how do I show career progression...

Note: I am a Nigerian lawyer already and the course I want to study is foundations of Canadian law....

Please help me!

Please guys I need your help on this.

From my layman's perspective, I think it's going to be a bit difficult relating how useful and relevant your course would be in solving problems in your home country.

Just my thought, hopefully the gurus will weigh in.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by marcelonwa: 10:39am On Jul 16, 2021
mastmony:

Congratulations

Congratulations my broski
Am so happy for you man
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 10:39am On Jul 16, 2021
Godsblessings:

The truth is upfront medical don’t really guarantee visa approval.....but it’s advisable to do it now base on the fact that fall section is near. Imagine you are being sent a medical request by August and there is no available slot to book your medical appointment till September undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Steph1738aye: 10:43am On Jul 16, 2021
Hi guys. I’m currently writing my Statement of Interest for graduate school and I was wondering if it’s also possible to use some of the content in my statement of interest when writing my statement of purpose for the visa application. Will this be seen as plagiarism?
Please help!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Klem28(m): 10:43am On Jul 16, 2021
Greetings my people! Please I understand that as a person who is not a first applicant, there is no need of doing biometric again since it's been done previously. I'm a May 15 applicant and I'm so surprised that my biometric hasn't been updated since 2 months now. Please what should I do now or is this normal? Please see the attached.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by eclint(m): 10:44am On Jul 16, 2021
atiteb4:
funding from mpower or loan?
MPower funds are student loans. You gotta pay back. It's not free if that's what you're thinking. grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 10:47am On Jul 16, 2021
may99:

Hello Everyone, I wish to ask a question about this quarantine exemption. I’m fully vaccinated, and from the IRCC page I understand that I still have to make a quarantine plan.

Do I book a quarantine hotel and make 11 days booking for a quarantine Airbnb? Will I be able to get a refund from the hotels. I read through some hotel terms and conditions and going by the T&C, I won’t be able to cancel the bookings or request for a refund on the day I arrive.

Fully vaccinated ppl that have travelled recently, how did you manage the planning? I need tips, advice, instructions, whichever.

Thanks for your time.

You're definitely exempted,but I think the 3days hotel booking is still mandatory; just go ahead and book,you can easily request for a refund once you're cleared and another good thing is that there are some hotels that doesn't require you making a payment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lovesarrow: 10:53am On Jul 16, 2021
Congrats Mobi it will go round

[author=Mobi22 post=103756526]BVL AND PPR JUST DROPPED!!!
God has done it for me![/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mummy4life1: 10:54am On Jul 16, 2021
Freebands01:

Me too but God will do it regardless
Amen!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 10:55am On Jul 16, 2021
mudiwest:

IRCC usually does verifications from the institutions so this can also be a dangerous move.

Yes they do,but if his eligibility has started,most likely the genuity of the LOA would have been done because it's one of the first few steps. What could pose as a problem is if the applicant is requested to submit another LOA,which in this scenario,the individual doesn't have or let's say outdated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shams040(m): 10:55am On Jul 16, 2021
Steph1738aye:
Hi guys. I’m currently writing my Statement of Interest for graduate school and I was wondering if it’s also possible to use some of the content in my statement of interest when writing my statement of purpose for the visa application. Will this be seen as plagiarism?
Please help!!

You could use some part of it. Lol they ain't running similarity check on your write up as they are not academic person, who get that time?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lovesarrow: 10:58am On Jul 16, 2021
Conestoga bound. I am interested. Also interestedin shared apartments in Doon

NairaLuck:
Greetings Everyone!! cool
Congatulations to recent Approvals and Congratuations in Awaiting seekers.
If you're landing in Ontario this month or Next month please connect with me lets chat.
Also, if youre applying to Conestoga College precisely, or have applied and landing soon, connect lets talk for some juicy opportunities. grin grin

yours truly NairaLuck cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kudiratu28(f): 11:02am On Jul 16, 2021
Good morning, please I ordered my Gcms notes on the 12th of June, till now it hasn’t arrived. Please does anyone know how I can get it faster. I applied for it through gcmsonline. Would appreciate any suggestion
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by UnyimeOcean: 11:04am On Jul 16, 2021
Mobi22:
BVL AND PPR JUST DROPPED!!!
God has done it for me!
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kudiratu28(f): 11:05am On Jul 16, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 11:09am On Jul 16, 2021
eclint:
MPower funds are student loans. You gotta pay back. It's not free if that's what you're thinking. grin
okay thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 11:13am On Jul 16, 2021
Dot1:
Hello guys. I am new here and will appreciate your help in answering some questions. I am mostly familiar with the US immigration stuff so please pardon my ignorance here.

1.) I want to know if IELTS is required to attend schools in Canada. Does IRCC require that every student have IELTS even if the schools you are applying to does not require it?

2.) I currently live in the US. Would there be any issue if I am sponsoring my brother who lives in Nigeria to Canada? Would be be issues relating to home-ties?

3.) I know US mostly welcome students going for STEM programs. Is that the same in Canada or does Canada not care if you are going for a non-STEM program?

1 As an English speaking country,IELTS is waived by most schools in Canada for Nigerians. And it's not mandated by IRCC, but if you're considering going through NSE , which is supposed to be a faster route, then it's one of the requirements .

2 Absolutely no problem,in as much as your brother can demonstrate a solid home tie; job, family, properties , community involvement ati beebeelo.

3 it's less of a concern to them what you're going for, no priority is placed on any area of discipline. But please ensure that there's either academic/career progression in the proposed course of study, it's very very pataki

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by possessor1: 11:15am On Jul 16, 2021
I was in your exact shoes ...pretty concerned that biometrics hadnt changed.

mine just changed last week. April 6 applicant

Klem28:
Greetings my people! Please I understand that as a person who is not a first applicant, there is no need of doing biometric again since it's been done previously. I'm a May 15 applicant and I'm so surprised that my biometric hasn't been updated since 2 months now. Please what should I do now or is this normal? Please see the attached.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by aminat2000(f): 11:16am On Jul 16, 2021
Hello everyone. Pls see the attached image. Is that what is called ghost update?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 11:17am On Jul 16, 2021
ThekayBature:
PPR Alert!!![b][/b]

Hello Everyone!

So, a friend introduced me to this forum two weeks ago and I have taken my time since then to visit it once in a while to read people's stories and pray along ��
Before now, I hardly ever logged into my IRCC account to check updates, since I believed that they would email me regarding any update. So you can imagine my confusion when I started seeing posts saying "passed medicals" , "started eligibility review". I became frantic at one point oh. I was so worried that I told myself that I would send a webform today, only for me to get a PPR notification.

See something.
Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Demmy10: 11:18am On Jul 16, 2021
Demmy10:
Hello guys,
Does anyone knows an E-mail/ Webform format to send to IRCC offices for a family application of two
I'm applying for a student Visa, my mum is also applying for a visitor's Visa to accompany me in Settling in Canada
Pls your response will be appreciated
Thank You

Please someone should respond to me�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 11:22am On Jul 16, 2021
Klem28:
Because you have your Biometrics with them already, you do not need Biometrics again. That's what the status show. If you scroll down to the end of that page, you will see your Biometrics Info.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by elenewton1: 11:23am On Jul 16, 2021
Yes

aminat2000:
Hello everyone. Pls see the attached image. Is that what is called ghost update?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 11:23am On Jul 16, 2021
aminat2000:
if you open it now and find no new update in your application's status, then it's ghost update

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 11:24am On Jul 16, 2021
Shaws:
Good morning please I’m new here I have this agent working my student visa I got my admission letter April to resume September but till now all he says is my documents are coming requested for my username and password he refused I need advice please

If you're not owing him,then I see no reason why he shouldn't release them to you, please do all you can to get them.

April till now is 3months o, have you even done biometrics?, what's the status of your application?

Some of these agents can't be fully trusted o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Klem28(m): 11:24am On Jul 16, 2021
possessor1:
I was in your exact shoes ...pretty concerned that biometrics hadnt changed.

mine just changed last week. April 6 applicant

This is indeed a relief given the fact that you even applied before me. Thanks for promptly come up to allay my fear. It will end in praise!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Klem28(m): 11:29am On Jul 16, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Because you have your Biometrics with them already, you do not need Biometrics again. That's what the status show. If you scroll down to the end of that page, you will see your Biometrics Info.
Thanks for your explanation @ EmeeNaka. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jonaholorun(m): 11:32am On Jul 16, 2021
Congratulations to all our ppr recipients, the likes of Thekaybature, Mobi22, Nkem122, Emenaka I include you toob and all expecting PPR soonest , Congratulations.

Canada will favour you all
You will not be sent back at our airport neither will you be denied entry at your respective POEs in Jesus name

Congratulations!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by possessor1: 11:33am On Jul 16, 2021
He is not being straight forward. My agent gave me my login details in April the day I applied and
Walked me through it

OCT202020:

If you're not owing him,then I see no reason why he shouldn't release them to you, please do all you can to get them.

April till now is 3months o, have you even done biometrics?, what's the status of your application?

Some of these agents can't be fully trusted o

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.