Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,587 members, 7,840,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (709138 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Petrrr: 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2021
Lianna2020:
Send a mail to frankrobben and also how did your agent do you strong thing?
You might have been denied for many reasons that’s not his fault.
Order your gcms note first to ascertain why!
well I applied since February and no notification from my agent to do my medicals, he can’t even tell what’s going on with my application, he says I should wait for An email from ircc most likely i feel I may have been denied for not doing my medicals or any other thing they’ve asked for.. I’ll order the gcms not and check what the problem was and besides I didn’t have access to my page. well hopefully the note doesn’t take long so I can reapply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:01pm On Jul 17, 2021
Godsblessings:
Good morning house, long time o, my people
I lost my sign in pp, just rem it now , please, I submitted two app for my kid Bros since April , till now, no update, they did biometrics in April, pls , no medical request yet, my friends also complaint of same ,pls what's really happenning with the Canada student visa? is it advisable to do upfront medical? Will it add to the chances of the approval? Ur contributions will be appreciated, thanks.

Hello Godsblessings,

Doing an upfront in no way influences the outcome, but it can give the application a fast processing pace.

The delay with application update is general and the best foot forward is requesting the notes to stay informed.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dfutbolar: 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2021
https://canadawiz.ca/gcms-notes-guide-understand-interpret-read-sample/

kenbracey:
Goodday Great minds.
My GCMS notes just arrived. APRIL 12TH APPLICANT (study permit).
Please what are the key things to look out for?.
I also wasn't granted access to pages 26-49 as shown on the attached image.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:05pm On Jul 17, 2021
Mobi22:
BVL AND PPR JUST DROPPED!!!
Would be back later to post my timeline
God has done it for me!

Hello Mobi22,

Big congratulations and all the best in your endeavours.

Prosper.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2021
Steph1738aye:
Hi guys. I’m currently writing my Statement of Interest for graduate school and I was wondering if it’s also possible to use some of the content in my statement of interest when writing my statement of purpose for the visa application. Will this be seen as plagiarism?
Please help!!

Hello Steph1738aye,

You are on the right track. It will help you demonstrate a clear study intent. They are your words and won't be considered to be plagiarism. However, you may want to give more emphasis to your prospects or plans for the study.

Best of Luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:14pm On Jul 17, 2021
Klem28:
Greetings my people! Please I understand that as a person who is not a first applicant, there is no need of doing biometric again since it's been done previously. I'm a May 15 applicant and I'm so surprised that my biometric hasn't been updated since 2 months now. Please what should I do now or is this normal? Please see the attached.

Hello Klem28,

It may have been updated long ago even if it has not reflected on your dashboard in real-time. Also, you could send a warm inquiry on the status of your bio using the webform and/or email.

Relax, it will be updated with time. However, you can also request your notes.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:21pm On Jul 17, 2021
ifeo123:
PPR GUYSSS

Second Time Applicant

I first Applied in January 2021 & got a Refusal April 29. I didn’t give up. I fired back 2 weeks after.

Second Time
Application Submitted - May 15th
Upfront Medicals - June 9
Medicals Updated - June 16
Ordered for GCMS - July 8
BVL & PPR - July 16.

Isn’t God great ? �

Hello Ifeo123,

Big congratulations! Did your eligibility change before PPR and did you go through the NSE stream?

Once again, congrats.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 17, 2021
OCT202020:

Btw 1 - 3wks,
Abuja seems faster according to many people.
[quote author=OCT202020 post=103806236]

okay. thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
MShud:
What of someone for Fall 2021, and deferred already but the next intake is Fall 2022, will the person still need to send the new LOA to IRCC

Hello MShud,

You can hold onto it for a while or wait for it to be requested. No harm. LOA verification must have occurred if it has been long you applied. When IRCC verifies, and upon the DLI advice on the deferment, the officer may request an updated copy or not.

Best of Luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Ifeo123,

Big congratulations! Did your eligibility change before PPR and did you go through the NSE stream?

Once again, congrats.

i can’t say if eligibility changed or not because i used an immigration consultant & had no access to my gckey. but i used the NSE stream & i submitted all NSE documents and did upfront medicals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mobi22: 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2021
Let me say this
I know a lotta people would have mixed feelings about pursing a nursing degree in Canada as an international student because of the visa approval chances.

But if I can get it, then so can you.

Just put in your utmost best and it’d definitely end in praise.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2021
gozmoc8167:
Good afternoon guys. Please how much total in naira do I need to have in my account to be given a visa for the self-funded program in M.Eng Electrical and Computer Engineering in cheap schools like Memorial University? I mean the total amount including feeding and accommodation. I want to check if it's what I can afford. Thanks in anticipation of your reply.

Hello Gozmoc8167,

It boils to several factors like the cost of your tuition cost, family composition, etc. You may want to present an account sufficient enough to cover your study expenses.

As a self-sponsored, it will help your financial demonstration and strength if you can present a financial record of NGN 8m excluding tuition.
It will do you well if you can pay at least the first year of your tuition and set up a GIC or have the funds secured with a proper demonstration of its availability.

If you intend to apply through the NSE stream, maintain the financial requirement set by IRCC to be C$30,000 (let's say about NGN 10m).

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tracy0803409: 4:40pm On Jul 17, 2021
Please @ Lekefelix how did you book at IOM, which portal did you use, because IOM is not allowing me to book an appointment ,I wanted to book at Qlife, but the hotels nearby are damn expensive and I don't reside in Lagos

Please let me know how you booked IOM, thanks in advance, cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2021
Olaa123:
Hello guys,

Please does anyone have any idea whatsoever about Canadian pregnancy visa
@justmellow @lekkiboboe @frankrobbn @anon123

Thank you so much in anticipation

Hello Olaa123,

I have never heard of the Canadian Pregnancy visa. Be careful.

Someone posted an employment offer letter here. That offer letter is not legit. They could not even get the spelling of the province correctly. The email "ca.com" could have just been ".ca" or ".com"

Most organizations in Canada use .ca

To confirm if the employment letter is legit, Google search the name of the employer and reach out to HR department for enquiry or get someone who is in BC to assist with further verification.

I may be wrong though!

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:57pm On Jul 17, 2021
Enjay316:

I have been seeing this.Does Canada allow parents to accompany students for temporal visa?am surprised at this question. maybe am not well informed but ur parents are supposed to be part of ur ties to Nigeria na.if ur parent accompany u to Canada as a visitor who does not have a work permit, hu will be sponsoring u both.an not a guru but I sincerely think a a parent accompanying u to "settle down" is a red flag.I think spouse looks better or more convincing

Hello Enjay316,

In contribution to your advice, maybe the moniker's mom filed separately for herself. If the moniker is a minor and needs help settling down or has a medical disability, an adult can submit a separate (independent) application with evidence for the travel reason.

To the moniker, if you submitted a joint application with your mom, you will be lucky not to get your application delayed. If it is not, your mom application may likely be delayed.

In study permit, there is nothing like a parent accompanying or dependent.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 5:12pm On Jul 17, 2021
Petrrr:
well I applied since February and no notification from my agent to do my medicals, he can’t even tell what’s going on with my application, he says I should wait for An email from ircc most likely i feel I may have been denied for not doing my medicals or any other thing they’ve asked for.. I’ll order the gcms not and check what the problem was and besides I didn’t have access to my page. well hopefully the note doesn’t take long so I can reapply
What was the reason stated in the refusal letter? Have you actually gotten the refusal letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bukola: 5:12pm On Jul 17, 2021
Teemenzo:
Congratulations to everyone who received their PPR. Super glad for everyone. The Lord who did yours will answer everyome of us.

So this is my own progress story since i finished my long time deal with my so-called agent. I hustled to get two schools which i applied to. First was Cambrian College to study Animation, class starts by Jan 2022. Second is Fanshawe College, to study Construction Project Management, class starts by Jan 2022. I prefer the second one being a one year program to move me to Master's Program directly.

But i noticed that Fanshawe doesn't allow applicants from Nigeria to apply directly. So they sent a list of Agents affiliated to them for the admission. I selected Maple Education Canada for the application. I called them and they responded well. The online application was done this midnight, payment and acknowledgement was done this afternoon.

So fingers crossed, probably i will have to go and gather all necessary documents for the study visa application. So once the admission letter is sent, i move on with it and get it done in less than two days.

One question pls before submitting the application, can the medicals also ve uploaded along with it? Thank you
hi how far with the admission process? Can you pls share me the contact of fanshswe accredited agents in n Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Activateoluwase: 5:21pm On Jul 17, 2021
Good evening honorable men, pls I need your help, have been trying to apply to fanshawe college for days now, they kept saying I'll need an agent in my region to process the application directly. Please those who already applied to fanshawe college I need you to guide me. @justmellow and other gurus please help me.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ponytail22:
Ok..thank you.
I studied statistics, I graduated in the Year 2016 with lower Credit.
I'm an Entrepreneur.
My spouse is going to be my sponsor.
Do I Stand a chance?

Hello Ponytail22,

Yes, you do as long as you meet the eligibility requirements of the study permit. Areas you should pay close attention to are:

• Study intent. Ensure it demonstrates study progression to your current employment domain. Your best bet is a PGD.

• Sufficient funds and accessibility. Avoid any unexplained and unjustified lump sum deposits.

• Home ties. Demonstrate your ties from a socioeconomic level of establishment.

• (Future) prospect or plans for the study, its employability, and employment situation where you intend to establish and utilize the earned knowledge.

Ponytail22:
I've an online presence but haven't registered my business yet.

In the absence of the registration certificate of the business, the online presence will go a long way. You can do well to support it with business receipts/pro forma, reference letter from the client(s), government revenue/tax payment documents, business financial records, orders and/or testimony screenshot(s) of your online business, supply/contract agreement papers, etc. Only provide the most applicable.

Best of Luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kenthro: 5:26pm On Jul 17, 2021
HI GUYS I LIVE IN TURKEY. AM I STILL ELIGIBLE FOR NSE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iphiegrace(f): 5:27pm On Jul 17, 2021
Gurus in the house please I do not have Biometrics confirmation slip as I did my Biometrics 2014... Please who has stamped their passport without this... or how can I get it
Please help !!![quote author=OCT202020 post=103806461][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Activateoluwase: 5:32pm On Jul 17, 2021
Teemenzo:
Congratulations to everyone who received their PPR. Super glad for everyone. The Lord who did yours will answer everyome of us.

So this is my own progress story since i finished my long time deal with my so-called agent. I hustled to get two schools which i applied to. First was Cambrian College to study Animation, class starts by Jan 2022. Second is Fanshawe College, to study Construction Project Management, class starts by Jan 2022. I prefer the second one being a one year program to move me to Master's Program directly.

But i noticed that Fanshawe doesn't allow applicants from Nigeria to apply directly. So they sent a list of Agents affiliated to them for the admission. I selected Maple Education Canada for the application. I called them and they responded well. The online application was done this midnight, payment and acknowledgement was done this afternoon.

So fingers crossed, probably i will have to go and gather all necessary documents for the study visa application. So once the admission letter is sent, i move on with it and get it done in less than two days.

One question pls before submitting the application, can the medicals also ve uploaded along with it? Thank you

Good Teemenzo, Can you pls share me the contact of fanshswe accredited agents in n Nigeria.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Activateoluwase: 5:34pm On Jul 17, 2021
Teemenzo:

Good Teemenzo, Can you pls share me the contact of fanshswe accredited agents in n Nigeria. My WhatsApp no 07036650197
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zitarmy: 5:34pm On Jul 17, 2021
Hello everyone,
I'm planning to apply for study permit September, but I'm confused on which stream to use. I have about 12k cad in my bank but I'm being sponsored by my sister with a bank statement of about 50k cad.
Do I qualify for the NSE stream or should I just use normal study permit application.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2021
Activateoluwase:
Good evening honorable men, pls I need your help, have been trying to apply to fanshawe college for days now, they kept saying I'll need an agent in my region to process the application directly. Please those who already applied to fanshawe college I need you to guide me. @justmellow and other gurus please help me.
Thanks

Hello Activateoluwase,

It is a tradition with Fanshawe to use a recognized agent of their for the admission application. Email the international admissions office for the list of agents in your region.

You can also check colleges in Ontario province like Conestoga, Lambton, Durham, etc. These DLI don't require using an agent.

Ensure that you are applying to a program that demonstrates progression.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ehiremen2002: 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2021
Please we need some help and guidance.

ehiremen2002:
House, I am still trying to get information of someone that has process student application for a minor with accompanying parent(Mother).

we have almost everything ready. paid full tuition for grade9 last week. Just needed to get similar case, so we can cross all Ts and dot all I
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 5:44pm On Jul 17, 2021
Teau:
Hello,
please for fully vaccinated passenger going with under approved vaccination aged (12 yrs old) children do we have to do 3days hotel stay?

Also please anyone know where (as in website) one can get a good affordable accommodation in Regina Sask.
please gurus in the house.
Thanks

Hello Teau,

In theory, based on IRCC instruction, they will be required to quarantine for 14 days the way it is known. The rules/instruction relating to COVID-19 are constantly been updated.

Before you travel with them, have a booked GAA and a quarantine plan.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2021
Hello, Are you a male or female? I am coming to Edmonton by August....still waiting for my PPR... Please how's the rent like? Please can I email you...I may need help settling in by August

SURGEE:
Hello, any student going to Edmonton this Fall? I am moving there for Job in August and may likely rent a 2-bedroom. Contact me if you are looking to share a place. Great to post here once again, its been years. lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Activateoluwase: 5:57pm On Jul 17, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Activateoluwase,

It is a tradition with Fanshawe to use a recognized agent of their for the admission application. Email the international admissions office for the list of agents in your region.

You can also check colleges in Ontario province like Conestoga, Lambton, Durham, etc. These DLI don't require using an agent.

Ensure that you are applying to a program that demonstrates progression.

Best of Luck

Thank @justmellow, am a dental technologists, but since they're not offering the course, I decided to choose Health care administration management. Since is still within the circle of health care. What's your opinion?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 5:58pm On Jul 17, 2021
patty10:
Hey guys. I need some clarification. I applied as my sole sponsor, so I provided my bank statements(Nigeria bank and Uk bank), I have over 5m in the Nigerian account and £3k in the Uk account. letter of employment, pension statement etc. I have also paid my school fees in full so the 5m and the £3k is what is available after I have paid my fees of $16k. I did not put any property of mine or my parents. I am an only child so I put just my mum and dad in the family document I filled ( they are not married so different surnames but I have the same surname as my dad). The only ties back home I emphasize is my job which I am still working and earn a salary of over 800k, and I also submitted a letter from my boss stating how he wants me back after the program and highly recommended me. I don’t know if that is enough family ties. I did my first degree in the Uk and I came back to Nigeria immediately I finished my studies, I even had a 2yrs Uk visiting visa which I traveled just once before it expires and also been to Dubai once. I am just confused that it is taking them time to make decision on my application since on the 25th of June I received a correspondence letter. Please guys what do you think? Should I have submitted a land deed of my parents? Truthfully I will be sponsoring myself, I don’t even talk to my dad, it’s just my mum at the moment and she is not that capable.

Hello Patty10,

This application looks like success to me. Your application has already been finalized, no need for any further action relating to document submission.

Your PPR will come, just wait for it in strong believe.

Best of Luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dfutbolar: 6:01pm On Jul 17, 2021
HI. Please what is the fee for nursing like?

Mobi22:
Let me say this
I know a lotta people would have mixed feelings about pursing a nursing degree in Canada as an international student because of the visa approval chances.

But if I can get it, then so can you.

Just put in your utmost best and it’d definitely end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 6:11pm On Jul 17, 2021
Try and wait for the note and besides not doing medicals can’t lead to refusal

All the best
Petrrr:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (676)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.