Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,577 members, 7,816,424 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (688877 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 10:07pm On Jun 01, 2021
Olafunds200:

Hum.....
I dnt even knw what to say
Forget all I have written. You should fight this. You asked for a deferment and instead you were refunded with 50% of your fees. Have you provided the school with ircc acknowledgment letter of your application withdrawal?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 10:13pm On Jun 01, 2021
Lianna2020:

Ever since u got PPR , you are always arguing .

As in, the guy matter tire me, causing nuisance everywhere both on fb, WhatsApp

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2021
ritzzybaron:
Thank you very much for your response. It is this sponsor in Nigeria that I do not have. However, my Parents are supporting me and they have made transfers to my account and provided letters of support along with letters of retirement and the positions they attained before they retired.

This is actually a re-application. I have IELTS with an overall band 7, mybankstatement of 8M, first semester fees payment, employment letters, payslips, study leave, introduction letter from employer, rent payment receipt, FBN shares statement, pension statement

I sponsored myself the first time, I’m just getting a co-sponsor now with additional documentation for a better chance.

I’m not sure how else I’m to provide personal assets and financial status *tears*

Bro.the 1st time you sponsored yourself, how much did you have?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olafunds200(f): 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2021
shupy:

Forget all I have written. You should fight this. You asked for a deferment and instead you were refunded with 50% of your fees. Have you provided the school with ircc acknowledgment letter of your application withdrawal?

I sent all the mails along with withdrawal letters from ircc,date and my application timeline.
Am just so confused.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by darejoshua1(m): 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2021
Hello my people, I applied on March 17th with all NSE requirements and also did Upfront Medicals. They requested for my IELTs Result and I replied them immediately likewise my Medical status is Passed. I started class since last month but awaiting IRCC Decision.
Should I;
a. Raise a webform to inform them that I have started class (Fill form or send a mail).
b. Seek to know the status of my application (hope is not too early).
c. What else do you think I should do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by debbzJay: 10:23pm On Jun 01, 2021
Cherukei2015:
IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISE OOOOOOOO
PPR OOOOOOOOOOO
HAS LANDED OOOOOOO
ALL GLORY TO GOD

Congratulations cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teeprecious: 10:23pm On Jun 01, 2021
Olafunds200:

If I didn’t withdraw,what else was I waiting for? did you read where I requested for deferment and I didn’t get any response from them instead they send half payment.
After then time has gone, no more admission, if I was granted the visa which admission letter will I submit..
Hope you get where the problem is now?

In that case, if what u requested for what to defer seeing ur Visa wasn't coming in time for u to resume, then it was unfair of them to wana take half.
I will suggest u do an explicit mail using the mail trail where u originally requested to defer. U had no control over the embassy 's timing and it was not your fault that the application was delayed.
Please do a mail to argue your case then and hopefully u get ur money.
Let's others also suggest how else to tackle this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 10:27pm On Jun 01, 2021
You can either book with Qlife or IOM. You have to tell them you want to do upfront medical. There is a fee attached and then they will send your result to IRCC. They will give you a form as well which you can upload via webform.

Chipo14:

Thank you. I have ordered the GCMS note and getting the webform completed. Can I also get A guide to doing my medical upfront? I saw lots of people do that and it's part of the conditions given for the August 6th timeline.

Thank you once again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 10:35pm On Jun 01, 2021
It’s true oo

He comes online to counter one or two n then zoom off.

You won’t see him again till another market day.

Make person Dey calm down o

Dukealara:

grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olafunds200(f): 10:36pm On Jun 01, 2021
Teeprecious:

In that case, if what u requested for what to defer seeing ur Visa wasn't coming in time for u to resume, then it was unfair of them to wana take half.
I will suggest u do an explicit mail using the mail trail where u originally requested to defer. U had no control over the embassy 's timing and it was not your fault that the application was delayed.
Please do a mail to argue your case then and hopefully u get ur money.
Let's others also suggest how else to tackle this.

Am
Already trying to do that now...
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 10:37pm On Jun 01, 2021
A
I’ve seen someone who did that n got a positive decision.
You can attach evidence of studying online .

darejoshua1:
Hello my people, I applied on March 17th with all NSE requirements and also did Upfront Medicals. They requested for my IELTs Result and I replied them immediately likewise my Medical status is Passed. I started class since last month but awaiting IRCC Decision.
Should I;
a. Raise a webform to inform them that I have started class (Fill form or send a mail).
b. Seek to know the status of my application (hope is not too early).
c. What else do you think I should do?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 10:40pm On Jun 01, 2021
grin grin

Before he got PPR , he was here seeking for advice and all .

Baba don get am, pride don enter .
You can detect it from the way he types.
If you say this is not true, atleast support it with evidence or give your opinion without making the other party feel bad.

Chai

Ndi mmadu self

RELAN2446:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 10:44pm On Jun 01, 2021
RELAN2446:

Abeg, add me to the Whatsapp group.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 10:48pm On Jun 01, 2021
Please any WhatsApp group for university Canada west ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 10:48pm On Jun 01, 2021
gracedson:
Abeg, add me to the Whatsapp group.
How i go take add you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by debbzJay: 10:52pm On Jun 01, 2021
kemmyk:
congratulations, am happy for you ooo....unfortunately I received BVL and refusal Letter cry

So sorry about this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by may99(f): 10:53pm On Jun 01, 2021
Simitrendy:
please how do you upload your caq

I apologize for the late response. There is a separate space provided for it on the CIC portal. If you filled the questionnaire correctly and stated that you were going to Montréal, the letter would be a part of your checklist
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ogunleyesijibomi: 11:00pm On Jun 01, 2021
[quote author=Enjay316 post=102277556]
Bro.the 1st time you sponsored yourself, how much did you have?[/quote

Bro..pls let's know how much u had in ur account the very first time u sponsored urself..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mofolam: 11:03pm On Jun 01, 2021
[quote author=Lianna2020 post=102278188] grin grin

Lol. I swear I thought I was the only one who noticed it

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ooa1st: 11:03pm On Jun 01, 2021
This life no just balance, na PPR carry my guy shoulder up no be study permit ooo, bros never even enter CA dey spend dollars ooo igara don enter body. Una never chi sum chi grin grin grin

Nigerians, power, privilege and pride. WHITHER undecided

Lianna2020:
grin grin

If you say this is not true, atleast support it with evidence or give your opinion without making the other party feel bad.

Chai

Ndi mmadu self

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mobi22: 11:05pm On Jun 01, 2021
Lianna2020:
grin grin

Before he got PPR , he was here seeking for [/b]advice and all .[b]

If you say this is not true, atleast support it with evidence or give your opinion without making the other party feel bad

Chai

Ndi mmadu self

I remember when he got ppr he didn’t even say
until people that cared asked about the progress of his application hence the delay after medical request.
And the bros was like (oh I got ppr 3days ago)

It’s well ooo. It’d surely go round that’s for sure grin

Amen

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ooa1st: 11:06pm On Jun 01, 2021
Leki baba, abeg I run you 1 email, biko help me use legendary eye run the mail.

Thanks boss.

Lekiboboe:

What is your Job position at the micro finance bank?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by olasubomy: 11:17pm On Jun 01, 2021
Teenie19:
I'm looking once again at the previous GCMS note I ordered, and I noticed that under the study permit section, it states "compliance verification- required". Please what does this mean and did anyone notice this in their note? School is sheridan college..@ gurus, pls help

Hello Teenie 19,

The compliance verification requirement is a program that the Canadian government introduced in 2014 to strengthen the Canadian immigration programme, especially as it relates to international students. One of the core objectives is to ensure that study permit holders actively pursue their studies and facilitate entry for those who truly want a Canadian education but not using the study permit route to immigrate for a different agenda.

The Designated learning institution is supposed to submit a compliance verification request on the DLI portal as required by IRCC. This simply means that DLI reports on the enrollment status of their international students twice a year. IRCC sends a request to the DLI, and the DLI has a statutory time limit which they are required to respond to such request

So to address your question, IRCC awaits a response from your school.

I hope this helps.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 01, 2021
Cherukei2015:
IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISE OOOOOOOO
PPR OOOOOOOOOOO
HAS LANDED OOOOOOO
ALL GLORY TO GOD
finally. congrats dear.plz send ur timeline nd documents submitted. thank u

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 01, 2021
Cherukei2015:
Before sharing my timeline and journey let me first start by saying a big THANK YOU to everyone on this platform. I am indeed grateful to you all for creating and maintaining a platform like this because it really gave me hope through out my waiting period.

NOTE: This is my 3rd application (First 2 was denied last year)
APPLICATION TIMELINE: MAY 2021 INTAKE
Application Date – 31st January 2021 (Submitted with Upfront medical).
Medical Passed – 8th February
Received NSE Request – 26th February
Ignored NSE Request – Unable to meet deadline for IELT
Sent LOE to IRCC – 27th March (Explaining Reasons for not submitting NSE).
Received response from IRCC – 15th April (Confirming they have received my LOE)
Eligibility review started – 20th April
Sent email to IRCC – 21st May (Requesting for status of my application)
Received response from Nairobi – 25th May (Application is under active review).
Requested for GMCS Notes – 27th May
Woke up this morning and after all the Nollywood suspense
BVL – 1st June
PPR – 1st June
My message all those still waiting, please never give up, like I mentioned earlier this is my 3rd application after 2 refusals.
And Ohh! Did I forget to mention that I am 40?
What GOD cannot do does not exist.

wow!!!!! 40.praise the lord.God has really done this 4 u.i can imagin ur joy.please if u dont mind are u self sponsored or u have a sponsor and like how much bank balance did you present. thanks for ur anticipated answer

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 01, 2021
ATHIBAT:
Guys please. Asking for a friend. What does this response from the V/O mean?

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
[i][/i]

As in what warrants this response to an application? My provided a sufficient proof of fund from a family member. I think his uncle or so.... so I am wondering why the V/O rejected it based on funding. Can anyone please explain?
from what I have read in this group so far,I think its better to be sponsored by ur spouse, ur parents or siblings. others are seen as extended family.another thing,does that uncle bear the same surname with u?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 11:30pm On Jun 01, 2021
Amen

Mobi22:

I remember when he got ppr he didn’t even say
until people that cared asked about the progress of his application hence the delay after medical request.
And the bros was like (oh I got ppr 3days ago)

It’s well ooo. It’d surely go round that’s for sure grin

Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 01, 2021
kemmyk:
congratulations, am happy for you ooo....unfortunately I received BVL and refusal Letter cry
Am so sorry dear.learn from the oda guy.dont give up.request 4 ur GCMS note and prepare to re apply.what reason did they give by the way?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 01, 2021
lushk:
I have been a silent reader, I just got my PPR!!!!!
I was feeling so bad initially because I got my BVL yesterday but no PPR and I saw some people got two mails simultaneously.
I cant believe this....
I got so many information from Nairaland.
Thank you.. will share my timeline shortly
congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 11:41pm On Jun 01, 2021
Thank you so much Olasubomy for a detailed response. I will follow up with the school. This Sheridan college though! Smh! Clearly an error!

olasubomy:

Hello Teenie 19,

The compliance verification requirement is a program that the Canadian government introduced in 2014 to strengthen the Canadian immigration programme, especially as it relates to international students. One of the core objectives is to ensure that study permit holders actively pursue their studies and facilitate entry for those who truly want a Canadian education but not using the study permit route to immigrate for a different agenda.

The Designated learning institution is supposed to submit a compliance verification request on the DLI portal as required by IRCC. This simply means that DLI reports on the enrollment status of their international students twice a year. IRCC sends a request to the DLI, and the DLI has a statutory time limit which they are required to respond to such request

So to address your question, IRCC awaits a response from your school.

I hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 01, 2021
Kunfu:
Please why is Uncle sponsorship a red flag in an application
its seen from imigration perspective as a distant relative(extended family) nd he is also not a tie.its safer to use spouse,siblings or parents. this ur uncle has a mom,dad nd probably kids and other nephews and nieces which are ur cousins as well as other brothers or sister.bottom line is 4rm what I read oo.am not yet a Guru,an uncle is an extended family member
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 01, 2021
Olafunds200:

@justwise

So no one could answer my question?
I have never asked questions here and anyone answer. Its not fair oo
my dear this one na law issue ooo.did u check d refund policy of the school b4 u applied?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.