Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. (5276 Views)

Can Arsenal Still Play Champions League Next Season With 5th Position? / Eberechi Eze: I Can Still Play For Nigeria / 'Leo Messi Will Still Play With Us For The Next 2-5years - Barcelona President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by Atonsboy(m): 6:13pm On May 23, 2021
I guess leicester city will Still play champions league as the fifth team in England. Either man city or Chelsea winning d UCL will give England 5 champions league spot. Please someone confirm because I still want Leicester city to play UCL.

1 Like

Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by MunchHouse: 6:15pm On May 23, 2021
That's true o
Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by makeitijn: 6:17pm On May 23, 2021
Lol
Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by Jokerman(m): 6:18pm On May 23, 2021
Lol... Leicester is a bottling club, they don't deserve UCL
Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by Righteousness2(m): 6:18pm On May 23, 2021
Atonsboy:
I guess leicester city will Still play champions league as the fifth team in England. Either man city or Chelsea winning d UCL will give England 5 champions league spot. Please someone confirm because I still want Leicester city to play UCL.

BIG Lie!
They have no Hope of UCL

10 Likes

Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by Atonsboy(m): 6:22pm On May 23, 2021
Righteousness2:

BIG Lie!
They have no Hope of CL
So who gets d 5th spot as man city & Chelsea already qualified for UCL?
Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by Righteousness2(m): 6:25pm On May 23, 2021
Atonsboy:

So who gets d 5th spot as man city & Chelsea already qualified for UCL?

Which 5th Spot?
Leicester goes straight to Uefa Europa League.
England will take their usual 4 Spots.
If Leicester had taken 4th, then England could have an Extra spot if Chelsea beat Mancity.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by MunchHouse: 6:25pm On May 23, 2021
Jokerman:
Lol... Leicester is a bottling club, they don't deserve UCL

Chelsea fan. You didn't say that an hour back lipsrsealed
Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by MasonKendall(m): 6:26pm On May 23, 2021
Atonsboy:
Who tells you? Leicester city will be playing in the Europa League cos they finished fifth and champions League is not like FA cup that if the winners of the cup(fa) have qualified for Europe already the spot that comes with winning the cup goes to the 5th placed team. UCL operates on an entirely different level.
Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by MunchHouse: 6:27pm On May 23, 2021
Righteousness2:

Which 5th Spot!
Leicester goes to Europa League.
England will take their 4 Spots.
If Leicester had taken 4th, then England could have an Extra spot if Chelsea beat Mancity.

You dey contradict yourself o.

No Bible class today?

The fifth would have been unaffected if an English team didn't win. An English team winning the finals qualifies it as winners spot then four teams to follow Sir.

1 Like

Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by OJEEMAH(m): 6:32pm On May 23, 2021
MunchHouse:

No Bible class today?

The fifth would have been unaffected if an English team didn't win. An English team winning the finals qualifies it as winners spot then four teams to follow Sir.
The guy is right. If Leceister had beaten Chelsea to fourth place and Chelsea eventually beat City in the UCL finals then England would have 5 representatives cos UCL winner is automatic qualification regardless of your league position.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by Jokerman(m): 6:33pm On May 23, 2021
Rubbish... Leicester are going to no UCL... Only 4 teams qualify for UCL from the EPL.

If Leicester had finished 4th, and Chelsea 5th, then Chelsea would need to win the UCL to qualify from 5th position.. If Chelsea loses UCL final from 5th position, they'd have gone to Europa league

3 Likes

Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by Jokerman(m): 6:34pm On May 23, 2021
MunchHouse:

No Bible class today?

He is right.

1 Like

Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by MunchHouse: 6:34pm On May 23, 2021
OJEEMAH:
The guy is right. If Leceister had beaten Chelsea to fourth place and Chelsea eventually beat City in the UCL finals then England would have 5 representatives cos UCL winner is automatic qualification regardless of your league position.

Ok. Now I get it. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by OJEEMAH(m): 6:40pm On May 23, 2021
MunchHouse:

Ok. Now I get it. Thanks.
You're welcome bro. I no even say the guy dey watch ball grin

2 Likes

Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by MunchHouse: 6:40pm On May 23, 2021
OJEEMAH:
You're welcome bro. I no even say the guy dey watch ball grin

My brother. I shock leave my garri, now the whole house Don full with garri wey swell up overflow

2 Likes

Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 23, 2021
Remember that if Man Utd Lifts Europa they're headed to Champions League oooooo

1 Like

Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by OJEEMAH(m): 6:46pm On May 23, 2021
MunchHouse:

My brother. I shock leave my garrison, now the whole house Don full with garrison wey swell up overflow
Hahahhahahah.....go drink am ooh
Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by Atonsboy(m): 7:04pm On May 23, 2021
Jokerman:
Rubbish... Leicester are going to no UCL... Only 4 teams qualify for UCL from the EPL.

If Leicester had finished 4th, and Chelsea 5th, then Chelsea would need to win the UCL to qualify from 5th position.. If Chelsea loses UCL final from 5th position, they'd have gone to Europa league
Make sense. Thanx for the clarification.
Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by hotswagg12: 7:44pm On May 23, 2021
MunchHouse:

No Bible class today?

u are wrong instead the third team from French league qualifies automatic for champions league next season.
Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by MunchHouse: 7:45pm On May 23, 2021
hotswagg12:
u are wrong instead the third team from French league qualifies automatic for champions league next season.

I'm not happy. Even Ikonso won't be happy

1 Like

Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by mrsoludomeka(m): 7:47pm On May 23, 2021
The teams that are qualified for champions league are the first four teams,such as mancity,man united,chelsea and liverpool.while westham and leicester are qualified for europa league.then uefa introduced europa conference league qualifications which are teams below teams that qualified for europa league,like example in england tottenham came 7th position and will play for europa conference league qualifications with other teams in europe.
Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by OJEEMAH(m): 7:53pm On May 23, 2021
hotswagg12:
Nothing concern England CL slot with France.

2 Likes

Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by Lordbinsmar: 8:01pm On May 23, 2021
Righteousness2:

Which 5th Spot?
Leicester goes straight to Europa League.
England will take their usual 4 Spots.

Oga Righteousness grin grin I find it hard to believe that you know much about football despite you being a deep Christian. God bless you Sir. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by Righteousness2(m): 8:03pm On May 23, 2021
Lordbinsmar:

Oga Righteousness grin grin I find it hard to believe that you know much about football despite you being a deep Christian. God bless you Sir. grin
grin
GOD Bless you Brother!
I played Football very well growing up!
I also watch Football but I don't let it Come between my walk with GOD

7 Likes

Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by Lordbinsmar: 8:04pm On May 23, 2021
Righteousness2:

grin
GOD Bless you Brother!

Amen Sir. Thanks very much

3 Likes

Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by fergie001: 8:15pm On May 23, 2021
It is not an issue in contention.

The Top 4 goes through whilst the "yeye" Leicester City goes to Europa.

If Chelsea had finished 5th like they did in 2012 OR in the alternative Liverpool finished out of the top 4 like in 2005, and won the UCL will that case be possible.
Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by hotswagg12: 8:29pm On May 23, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Nothing concern England CL slot with France.
U are wrong. With the two English teams in the CL final and both of them already qualified for the CL in their domestic league which means no matter the winner, English teams will have only four teams then the third team from French league will get automatic slot and will not need to play CL qualifiers with the rest of European teams.
I understand if u are not aware of it cos we learn everyday.
Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by Bimpe29: 8:52pm On May 23, 2021
The results of the finals of Champions League and Europa League respectively is inconsequential in this context.

2 Likes

Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by VicM6: 9:15pm On May 23, 2021
If Chelsea beat mancity in the UCL then kano pillars will qualify automatically to the UCL but if Liverpool beat Arsenal in the champions league then Kwara united will be relegated directly to play with Arsenal in the Europa league qualification which will be held in Ghana......
See make i go sleep abeg, i no dey see my keyboard again.

1 Like

Re: Leicester City To Still Play Champions League. by OJEEMAH(m): 9:19pm On May 23, 2021
hotswagg12:
U are wrong. With the two English teams in the CL final and both of them already qualified for the CL in their domestic league which means no matter the winner, English teams will have only four teams then the third team from French league will get automatic slot and will not need to play CL qualifiers with the rest of European teams.
I understand if u are not aware of it cos we learn everyday.
Let's assume you are right. How do you now explain what happened 2 seasons ago when arsenal needed to beat Chelsea in Europa league finals to become the 5th English club to qualify in the competition?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Easy Way To Check Bet9ja Bet Slip Or Coupon / Best Ogedengbe Is Dead? / EL CLASSICO: Barcelona Vs Realmadrid ; Today At 4:15pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.