Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order (2253 Views)

Top List Of Former Governors Who Left High Domestic Debts For Successors (Photo) / General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge / Likely Successors Of Abba Kyari As Buhari's Chief Of Staff - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by sarrki(m): 6:16pm On May 23, 2021
Possible COAS successors (in NO particular order)...

1) The Chief of Policy and Plan, Major General Benjamin Ahanotu. He hails from Anambra State. He was the commander of the operation that captured Boko Haram founder, Mohammed Yusuf at their hideout in Maiduguri in 2009.

2) Major General Ibrahim Manu Yusuf from Yobe State. He was former Theatre Commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, lectured at the Nigerian Defence College , Nigerian Defence Academy , and Nigerian Army Peacekeeping Centre, Jaji.

3) Major General AM Aliyu from Gombe. Former Director DIA, he was charge of processing intelligence for military operations. His mission statement says it all.

“to win all land battles in defence of the territorial integrity of Nigeria and protect her national interests"

4) Major General Danjuma Ali-Keffi, General Officer Commanding 1 Division of Nigerian Army, Kaduna. Not much is known about the acting Chief from this standpoint.

Via: Defense News Nigeria

Me: Make your suggestions if you have and then give a little explanation as to why the candidate should be appointment COAS

Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by madridguy(m): 6:18pm On May 23, 2021
tongue
Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by Cholls(m): 6:19pm On May 23, 2021
My brother when I saw the fourth picture I almost screamed what is Obasanjo doing there. Lol

10 Likes

Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by madridguy(m): 6:24pm On May 23, 2021
I think say na only me notice am grin

Cholls:
My brother when I saw the fourth picture is almost screamed what is Obasanjo doing there. Lol
Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by chrisxxx(m): 6:26pm On May 23, 2021
I only know who will not be appointed. That one that led to the capture of Boko Haram founder will never be considered. Next?

7 Likes

Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by cocolacec(m): 6:30pm On May 23, 2021
Cholls:
My brother when I saw the fourth picture I almost screamed what is Obasanjo doing there. Lol
Na Obasanjo distant cousin for Igboland be dat.Obasanjo is Igbo from father’s side.
Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 23, 2021
Some major generals might be retired. While some Brigadier General will be quickly promoted to Major General....lot of changes among the commissioned officers will take place because of quota system in our constitution.

Anyway who knows what the commander in General is planning, we have a war in the north east and in the south east, so i expect the next chief of army staff to be given to the next in seniority.

Anyway, After our igbo brothers will say they are marginalized.

What is Major General Benjamin Ahanotu from Anambra State doing there
Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by Cholls(m): 6:33pm On May 23, 2021
cocolacec:

Na Obasanjo distant cousin for Igboland be dat.Obasanjo is Igbo from father’s side.
my brother I heard that from someone not long ago... I should make my research of that
Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by inoki247: 6:35pm On May 23, 2021
one mind dey tell me say na diz man bellow be our New Chief of Army Staff

5 Likes

Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by fergie001: 6:35pm On May 23, 2021
The Ag IGP is from Yobe....so Yusuf looks out.

Una don spoil market for Alli-Keffi...He can't be.

Aliyu is my pick....If I were right...Ahanotu will retire.
Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by adadike(f): 6:38pm On May 23, 2021
Give it to my general ,the main odogwu Benjamin Ahanotu
Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 23, 2021
EjaikreTheViper:

SHUT UP THERE!!!

YOU ARE AN IGNORAMUS

You and your father have the same habit. May the gods help you guys.
Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by after4: 6:42pm On May 23, 2021
Buhari is too nepotistic to appoint an Igbo man. That's all I know
Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by FarahAideed: 6:43pm On May 23, 2021
Remove Benjamin's name from.there please because Buhari can never give a Christian COAS
Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by sarrki(m): 6:45pm On May 23, 2021
FarahAideed:
Remove Benjamin's name from.there please because Buhari can never give a Christian COAS
. But the boss to all the service chief is a Christian

1 Like

Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 23, 2021
sarrki:

Muslim rather.

Be guided
Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by FarahAideed: 6:48pm On May 23, 2021
sarrki:

In Nigeria Chief of Joint Services is 100 percent ceremonial , Na only Newspaper Dem dey read ..Even A GOC is more powerful than them

2 Likes

Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 23, 2021
FarahAideed:

In Nigeria Chief of Joint Services is 100 percent ceremonial , Na only Newspaper Dem dey read ..Even A GOC is more powerful than them

There is nothing like chief joint services.

The chief of defense staff is the highest and it is a Christian in power, he is the highest ranking officer in the Nigeria military.

The chief of army staff is the head of the army, he reports to him also the minister of defense.
Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by FarahAideed: 7:02pm On May 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The chief of defense staff is the highest and it is a Christian in power, he is the highest ranking officer in the Nigeria military.

The chief of army staff is the head of the army, he reports to him also the minister of defense.

CDS is a joint services office ...Chief of Joint Services is what is called CDS is Nigeria ...if you dont know something just say it ...

1 Like

Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 23, 2021
FarahAideed:

CDS is a joint services office ...Chief of Joint Services is what is called CDS is Nigeria ...if you dont know something just say it ...

As i have written before, there is nothing like Chief of joint services but Chief of defense staff.
Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by FarahAideed: 7:05pm On May 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

As i have written before, there is nothing like Chief of joint services but Chief of defense staff.

See there is nothing about Nigerian military you can teach..Na we be the foundation so try and learn
Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by Poloyanabo2(m): 7:08pm On May 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Anything a BMC says is a lie,
A GOC is more powerful than the CDS, it's a ceremonial position.
Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 23, 2021
Poloyanabo2:

Anything a BMC says is a lie,
A GOC is more powerful than the CDS, it's a ceremonial position.

GOC can be any top officer commanding a division, how can that person be more powerful than the cds grin

CDS isnt a ceremonial position.

The chief of the various forces reports to him. CDS formulate and excute polices for the Nigerian armed forces.

Can't you see the cds organising seminars for top military officers even the cds is organising strategies to defeat the various terrorist groupslike ipob, boko haram, iswap and various militants in our country.
Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by tit(f): 7:35pm On May 23, 2021
so, no middle belt, nonmoslim generals?
Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by TotoGame(m): 7:53pm On May 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

GOC can be any top officer commanding a division, how can that person be more powerful than the cds grin

CDS isnt a ceremonial position.

The chief of the various forces reports to him. CDS formulate and excute polices for the Nigerian armed forces.

Can't you see the cds organising seminars for top military officers even the cds is organising strategies to defeat the various terrorist groupslike ipob, boko haram, iswap and various militants in our country.

The CDS is almost a weak office but most importantly

It all depends on the occupant of the office cus I remembered during Air chief marshal Alex badeh's tenure .....he was so powerful

But The last CDS olonishakin was too weak and has no grip over the service chiefs

1 Like

Re: Possible COAS Successors In NO Particular Order by oglalasioux(m): 8:02pm On May 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The guy is correct please. Both mean same thing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rescue Movement 2023: Akinwumi Adesina And Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Poster / Buhari Couldn’t Eat Food After Muslim Travelers Were Killed In Jos - Isa Pantami / Tinubu Is Suffering From Enuresis – Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.