Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,904 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Why Igbos Must Diversify Their Assets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbos Must Diversify Their Assets (877 Views)

Governor Abba Yusuf Says Commissioner Nominees Must Declare Their Assets / Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, Kwankwaso Must Publish Their Assets Before Elections - SERAP / 2023: Again, SERAP Urges Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, Kwankwaso To Publish Their Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Igbos Must Diversify Their Assets by fenibak: 2:22am On May 24, 2021
As they say, it is only a fool that does not learn from his history and only a foolish man learns from his own mistake.

This might sound like a prophecy or prediction and as much as we want to pretend Nigeria is going to break up and we must face the truth, if not now after 2023 it would die a natural death, so we must be smart and plan ahead of time.

Remember how you were given 20pounds? let me ask you if Nigeria breaks up which I know that it would, What will happen to the naira you all have in the banks? By the way, the naira is already getting worthless and we might be like Zimbabwe soon

I say to you invest in gold and dollars, buy gold and store it and put your dollars in your dom account, those abroad open dollar account and save it. even your politicians have money abroad.

Open an offshore account in tax-free countries and keep your dollars because Nigeria is heading for the rocks and nothing can stop it.

I say to you my brothers and sisters do not take this message as a joke just ask yourself what happens to my naira once Nigeria breaks up. Shalom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1aJBoBw09w

https://www.biafranboys.org/why-igbos-must-diversify-their-assets

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Diversify Their Assets by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:56am On May 24, 2021
You did not add the need for them to start selling their properties in the West and North.

When Nigeria breaks, what Israel is doing to Palestinians will be a tip of the iceberg. South Africa's xenophobia will be learning from whats yet to come.

Shalom! The gods have spoken!

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Must Diversify Their Assets by cjrane: 4:18am On May 24, 2021
fenibak:
As they say, it is only a fool that does not learn from his history and only a foolish man learns from his own mistake.

This might sound like a prophecy or prediction and as much as we want to pretend Nigeria is going to break up and we must face the truth, if not now after 2023 it would die a natural death, so we must be smart and plan ahead of time.

Remember how you were given 20pounds? let me ask you if Nigeria breaks up which I know that it would, What will happen to the naira you all have in the banks? By the way, the naira is already getting worthless and we might be like Zimbabwe soon

I say to you invest in gold and dollars, buy gold and store it and put your dollars in your dom account, those abroad open dollar account and save it. even your politicians have money abroad.

Open an offshore account in tax-free countries and keep your dollars because Nigeria is heading for the rocks and nothing can stop it.

I say to you my brothers and sisters do not take this message as a joke just ask yourself what happens to my naira once Nigeria breaks up. Shalom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1aJBoBw09w

https://www.biafranboys.org/why-igbos-must-diversify-their-assets

Only a f00L will be saving their money in naira now!

Even if Nigeria does not break up, the worth of N100,000 naira last year is now worth only N30,000 naira today. Meaning if you kept your N100,000 naira savings in naira last year, it might yield an interest of N5,000 and now a total of N105,000 naira. But its true worth is just N30,500 of the money you saved last year! That means, what you could have bought for N100,000 naira last year but instead, you opted to put your money in the bank, the same thing now costs N300,000 naira today!

Meaning if you have money, invest your money in assets like land, real estate or buy hard currency and save it in your domiciliary account. However, because banks can also become distressed, always think of landed assets to invest your money so that it is immune to Nigeria's galloping inflation.

Meanwhile, since FG is now printing naira like toilet paper, its only a question of time before even buying hard currencies with naira will become so difficult.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Diversify Their Assets by kettykin: 4:33am On May 24, 2021
A stitch in time save many tears, I advocated saving in crypto but I think opening offshore accounts and buying foreign shares will suffice. As per the landed properties in lagos and Abuja, I think igbos should be smarter than this . If you have 5 houses in both locations or any of those locations please sell off 3 and divest offshore. Even shell petroleum is divesting from Nigeria and selling high yield oil blocks for reasons only know best to them . Please igbos divest and thank me later

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Must Diversify Their Assets by mrvitalis(m): 4:42am On May 24, 2021
SangoOlukosoOba:
You did not add the need for them to start selling their properties in the West and North.

When Nigeria breaks, what Israel is doing to Palestinians will be a tip of the iceberg. South Africa's xenophobia will be learning from whats yet to come.

Shalom! The gods have spoken!
If u guys hate igbos that much that u can't wait to deal with them when Nigeria breaks .... Then why are u guys pretending u want to be in the same country with them

What's the worse u guys can do , take our property and size our money ...it's not new na ...we would dash u n still make it back

4 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Must Diversify Their Assets by mrvitalis(m): 4:45am On May 24, 2021
Any igbo man who is still investing outside south east deserve what he or she would get when the time comes

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Must Diversify Their Assets by AntiIgbo: 6:47am On May 24, 2021
You should be more concerned about your buildings and land assets in other people's land
Re: Why Igbos Must Diversify Their Assets by fenibak: 9:31pm On May 24, 2021
mrvitalis:
Any igbo man who is still investing outside south east deserve what he or she would get when the time comes

yes
Re: Why Igbos Must Diversify Their Assets by Cholls(m): 9:35pm On May 24, 2021
My brother let's say we split now you mean will collect visa to visit Anambra? Lol
Re: Why Igbos Must Diversify Their Assets by fenibak: 10:14pm On May 24, 2021
Cholls:
My brother let's say we split now you mean will collect visa to visit Anambra? Lol

yes na,which state are you from?
Re: Why Igbos Must Diversify Their Assets by Cholls(m): 10:14pm On May 24, 2021
fenibak:

yes na,which state are you from?
my brother LS
Re: Why Igbos Must Diversify Their Assets by fenibak: 10:31pm On May 24, 2021
Cholls:
my brother LS

ok
Re: Why Igbos Must Diversify Their Assets by Cholls(m): 10:32pm On May 24, 2021
fenibak:

ok
my brother and you?
Re: Why Igbos Must Diversify Their Assets by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 24, 2021
It's funny, your telling people to learn from history while refusing to learn yourself...This was how many Igbos substituted their Nigerian currency for Biafran currency

Today Nigerian currency is still valuable while Biafran currencies are good for nothing except to teach history

Keep diversfying assets there
Re: Why Igbos Must Diversify Their Assets by fenibak: 6:36pm On Jul 27, 2022
I told you back in 2021,i am gifted, today naira is 720
Re: Why Igbos Must Diversify Their Assets by fenibak: 6:36pm On Jul 27, 2022
LordVoldermort:
It's funny, your telling people to learn from history while refusing to learn yourself...This was how many Igbos substituted their Nigerian currency for Biafran currency

Today Nigerian currency is still valuable while Biafran currencies are good for nothing except to teach history

Keep diversfying assets there

How fa with your naira?
Re: Why Igbos Must Diversify Their Assets by fenibak: 6:41pm On Jul 27, 2022
I knew this day would come, I warned you

(1) (Reply)

Ahmed Gulak: Assassination Of Politicians Not Part Of Our Agenda – IPOB / Umahi, Wife Pay Condolence Visit To The Family Of Lieutenant General Attahiru / Topic; Is Nigeria Breaking Up? Today 6pm @punchlinetv Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.