Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths (825 Views)

Adamawa: INEC By Law, Cannot Nullify Already Announced Results - Senator Abbo / David Mark, Suswam, Ortom To Be PDP Agents At Polling Units In Benue Rerun / Magu: Diezani Protected From Arrest By Law Enforcement Agencies In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by Insidenaijasblo: 7:46pm On May 24, 2021
Governor Samuel Ortom has told residents of Benue state to defend themselves with dane guns and other weapons not prohibited by the law, when attacked by gunmen, Newspremises reports.

Ortom gave the directive at an inter-denominational church service held at the government house in Makurdi, Benue capital on Sunday May 23.

He further disclosed that the licence to own a dane gun could be obtained at local government secretariats in the state.

The Governor said;

“I will no longer announce the deaths of those killed by Fulani herdsmen, rise up and defend yourselves with weapons not prohibited by law, bows and arrows, spears and knives.

“Get a licence for dane guns from local government chairmen and use them to defend yourselves.

“God assured me some time back that as long as I lived within the circle of his presence, no weapon fashioned against me shall prosper.”

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/defend-yourselves-with-dane-guns-and-weapons-not-prohibited-by-law-governor-ortom-tells-benue-residents/

Re: Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by Deborah98(f): 7:49pm On May 24, 2021
Mehn this benue killings and unrest is getting out of hand,the man is resilient and I like him for that. Don't worry Sir your enemies will be brought to a perpetual disgrace soon.

1 Like

Re: Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by PrinceOfLagos: 7:58pm On May 24, 2021
I pity this man

1 Like

Re: Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by Hashabiah: 8:00pm On May 24, 2021
A good move! I wish to see more of this happening in troubled states. Especially states experiencing banditry and terrorism
Re: Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by Pierocash(m): 8:00pm On May 24, 2021
Why is it difficult for Mumuyetti Allah to understand that they now have more enemies than friends in Africa here?

This is 2021,not 1804
Re: Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by ZorGBUooeh: 8:01pm On May 24, 2021
Provide dem with the gunz na

So na for only cultism Benue youths dey show ruggedity?They can't come together and defend there land from blood thirsty murderer's.

Don't they have well connected men that can source for weapon.
Re: Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by Pierocash(m): 8:02pm On May 24, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
I pity this man
pity yourself first.

Fulanis have occupied farms in Epe,soon there will be IDPs littered in Badagry and Cotonou for your people.

So you see,I am beginning to pity you guys.
Re: Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by Olatunji1929: 8:05pm On May 24, 2021
Subsidise guns for them
Re: Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:07pm On May 24, 2021
Everybody better learn how to handle one weapon or the other,
You would soon be guarding your streets yourself,
Re: Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by temitope27(m): 8:15pm On May 24, 2021
Oga defend your people, not until they start killing themselves with the guns And arrow
Re: Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by ccffwx: 8:36pm On May 24, 2021
What then is his responsibility as governor? He should resign so that his people know that they have no Chief Security Officer. This talk is just playing to the gallery. Ortom is in the know about the killings of his people but is just playing politics. They know Nigerians are gullible people who believe anything hence the nonsense back and forth while human beings are slaughtered every second.
Re: Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by HONESTFACT101(m): 8:37pm On May 24, 2021
shout out to my brothers in Benue you all have my condolences,the system is just fvcked up

well truth is

we voted the failure in......signing out

Re: Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by BENARI: 8:42pm On May 24, 2021
Who will wake otorm from sleep? You're telling your people not to use prohibited weapons, but their killers are using prohibited weapons. Nigerians who do una this thing abeg?

3 Likes

Re: Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by Jostoman: 11:40pm On May 24, 2021
ccffwx:
What then is his responsibility as governor? He should resign so that his people know that they have no Chief Security Officer. This talk is just playing to the gallery. Ortom is in the know about the killings of his people but is just playing politics. They know Nigerians are gullible people who believe anything hence the nonsense back and forth while human beings are slaughtered every second.
if you like change your name to Chelsea na you Sabi
Re: Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by Jostoman: 11:40pm On May 24, 2021
Benue people should do what yahaya Bello did to miyyeti Allah chairman in kogi state.
Re: Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by bcomputer101: 12:42am On May 25, 2021
I won't blame the governor. Buhari brothers pushed him to the wall and he love his people
Re: Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by makemoneywbsite: 2:27am On May 25, 2021
Foolishness at its peak. A constitution wants to push your people to extinction and you're still subservient to it. The same constitution that those killing your people are trampling. Benue people are typical idiots. Some of us warned them in 2015, but they with Yoruba were fooling around. Hope they're all ready to be driven off their ancestral land. It beats me that only Igbo is the tribe that knows how to make the right call in this country. I assure you that if Jonathan wasn't a minority, even the minorities of the south would have shouted sai baba with the rest of idiotic Nigerian tribes.
Re: Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by Grace001: 11:12am On May 25, 2021
What a failed cursed country called Nigeria...Benue people are at the mercy of killer Fulani herdsmen.

It’s now all man for himself It’s clear government can’t protect the Benue people
Re: Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by Nobody: 11:30am On May 25, 2021
behold how condition affect, change and control behaviour!

ortom that will send soldiers to patrol and rade our community in search of any person with english gun, going from room to rooms, houses to houses hoping to catch any resident with gun to be punish and make sure the community tax themselve to bail him.

even when enemy attach, and the youths are defending their land, they must withdraw if they hear that soldiers are coming, they can't join hands with the military in defence of their land just for the fear of the law(under the governor ortom).

he is now the one advising us to defend ourselve with guns. i can't believe this

but i can still remember that it all started when his village was attack by same herdsmen and probably his love ones were either killed or affected.

thankGod for bringing this condition to the life of our very lovely governor ortom
Re: Defend Yourselve With Guns, Weapons Not Prohibited By Law- Ortom To Benu Youths by Nobody: 11:37am On May 25, 2021
ZorGBUooeh:
Provide dem with the gunz na

So na for only cultism Benue youths dey show ruggedity?They can't come together and defend there land from blood thirsty murderer's.

Don't they have well connected men that can source for weapon.

they can even without the help of well connected people but its due to the former behaviour of the government and military maltreating any body found with an english gun(as we call guns which are not local), going from village to villages following people to their home to search their houses and room, any body in possession of a weapon will have to take it to the farm or bury it somewhere in his backyard for fear of the military.

but thankGod things had changed

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: How Nnamdi Kanu Was Lured With Cash ‘donation’ And Arrested / Bandits Demand Rice, Beans And Other Items To Feed Kidnapped Students / 90- 87 Basketball: See The List Of Team That Did The Magic: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.