Stats: 3,154,934 members, 7,824,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) (57932 Views)

N15,000 Salary In Ibadan Or N10,000 Salary In Osun? / Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? / From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:27pm On May 25, 2021
Something tells me that someone is collecting some commission on top of his head
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Reference(m): 6:27pm On May 25, 2021
rightdata:
35,000 naira is like 80 dollars officially. So you pay master's degree holder $80 monthly. God help your children. The government should reserve the job for their family members.

So how much are drain ducks paid in your fantastic country as a factor of minimum wage or GDP.

If the report comes out another day and the same Ministry says its personnel costs are millions or billions of naira on account of 'M.Sc quality salaries' the same folks will be up in arms as to the high cost of governance. "No be to clear gutter again...haba," they will all scream...

Oga. He is doing a low paying job.
For someone out of a job for ages, he should consider it a lifeline and not a noose and certainly not a kite string.
He should have endured it for a while, while seeking better opportunities.

Once again. The only caveat here is if his wages were being deliberately undercut and he will know this and speak up about that specifically.

Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by iswallker(m): 6:29pm On May 25, 2021
35k for cleaning drainage looks fair to me - he shoikd rather look for employment commensurate to his level of education

tongue

And the guy is nkt entirely truthful - I am sure he has a superisor and he would have told him the terms of employment

Most likely contract - renewable on a monthly basis based on performance evaluation

Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Kindledlight(m): 6:33pm On May 25, 2021
This story ehn

There’s more to this that meets the eye
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Wisdomclass1: 6:33pm On May 25, 2021
It's so unfortunate that a federal employee is taking something less than what an undergraduate per time student earns in a month.

Why not try other ventures. Blogging, Digital marketing, housing Enterprises and more...

I can proudly prove to anyone anywhere anytime that i earn more than 250k everyday if i don't sweat at all. On good days, i earn in millions. Don't argue with me, i can show you my slips, including bank history... If you're in Delta, I can show you live and direct. Guess what ? I don't even have an office but my house. I don't do forex, i do Synthetic trading also known as Binary.

If our youth can be taught more about making online money, it will go a long way. I learnt it from a nairalander too...

And no, i am currently not tutoring online except live and direct.

Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by bigcee(m): 6:38pm On May 25, 2021
Imagine a masters degree holder cleaning draining. Indeed school will never teach you how to many money. He only went to school to read book. May God help him.

Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by J2381: 7:20pm On May 25, 2021
This is among the reason why Yahoo yahoo is very rampant nowadays.
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 25, 2021
35,000 for a master's degree holder? Come on man

This is a blessing in disguise.
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by vickydevoka(m): 7:36pm On May 25, 2021
potbelly:
So this is the best that a master degree holder could be given as a job...
With Abeg
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Wisdomclass1: 7:55pm On May 25, 2021
post=102056371:

What more can a man do to better his future education-wise?

We will be waiting for the next action of the governor in this.
We are happy he is aware of the situation now.
Something must be done.

We must get to the root of this issue with immediate effect.
We are taking this up personally.
Many people will be in this same shoe right now.
All these evil act of corruption must be nip in the bud in our nation.
Taking this up indeed... BMC
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by chuggy(m): 8:05pm On May 25, 2021
FBIBOT:
angry government and secrecy like they are some CIA
Yeah, that's the oath you take
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by okpas01: 8:20pm On May 25, 2021
His own is better, some of us with similar issue earn as low as 24000. Thank God for the ability to do a side business that pays 15times more than the job. I just go to work to while away time, enjoy AC and steady power supply while connecting with my staff on the phone.
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by EverythingFit: 8:21pm On May 25, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcwE3uWqpF4

Imagine this kind thing, this is why it's good to have a side hustle even when you have a job cos you never know what can happen sad
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Oosa4sure: 8:36pm On May 25, 2021
ALHAMUDLILAHI
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Golan007: 8:45pm On May 25, 2021
Nobody owes anyone a job.
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Femich18(m): 9:02pm On May 25, 2021
Bola146:
Believe me, this is good news for him, good people will be willing to give him better offer

Exactly
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Bola146(f): 9:22pm On May 25, 2021
Kylekent59:

Better offer when he couldn't keep his remuneration discreet by his employer? The new ones that would want to employ him would....

Sit down and watch how he will be successful
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by maasoap(m): 9:39pm On May 25, 2021
alsudan:
Yet, one drug Barron is collecting Billions as Pension, despite owning 90% of the state.

Lol, like the governor and ex governors of your state are left out.
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Engrgreg231(m): 9:48pm On May 25, 2021
congratulations to you this is a life changer for you lets keep our ears on ground
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Uguruzik(m): 9:51pm On May 25, 2021
criminalmindz:

Too much Nigerian film dey worry you

Relax, wether people help him with better offer or not, this is still good news, how can a sane man pack that dirty gutter for N35k in a whole month?
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Zoola91(m): 10:42pm On May 25, 2021
Some Calabar oil n gas depot are paying graduates 10k. Pure wickness
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Basher8583: 11:16pm On May 25, 2021
Bola146:
Believe me, this is good news for him, good people will be willing to give him better offer

Were you all blind before that you are now seeing him. No one helped him until he came online to grunt. Beggars are not choosers. He should go and look for a better job instead on ranting on social media looking for who to pity him.
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Basher8583: 11:18pm On May 25, 2021
Grandmaster4:
ewwwwwuh.. a degree and masters certificate owner cleaning gutter.. no be juju be that... the government are not really ready to help the citizens at all.. they love how we are suffering.. one day is one day Sha
.. breeze go blow, fowl no go fit cover him yansh well
at a cheap price dm me for your logo and flyer designs.. ..

Person wey do masters and no wan lecture for university. Even polytechnic sef go collect am. Go find out the truth. He is the architect of his problems.
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Basher8583: 11:33pm On May 25, 2021
post=102056371:

What more can a man do to better his future education-wise?

We will be waiting for the next action of the governor in this.
We are happy he is aware of the situation now.
Something must be done.

We must get to the root of this issue with immediate effect.
We are taking this up personally.
Many people will be in this same shoe right now.
All these evil act of corruption must be nip in the bud in our nation.

Please what is corruption in this now. Was he conned to take the job or he willfully took it knowing his job responsibility. Note that he wasn't forced. I know people that will do that job with all joy on 35k.

Guys in UK and US do worse jobs

If he was tired of the job he could have simply quitted instead of going the blackmail route. This is why people dont like offering help.

How can someone do masters and not get at least a lecturing job even if its in a polytechnic. The man has more issues than what he is telling us. I hate people who come online to look for who to pity them. And there are so many gullible people who will donate to him and come back to complain that there's no money in Nigeria.

If anyone wants to help.. go to the real places where help is needed (Motherless babies home, home for the elderly and peopke who are unable to foot their hospital bills) and offer your help. They dont have online presence to rant like this one but they are in need of genine assistance. This ungratful person is not worth my help
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 25, 2021
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by calcal: 12:00am On May 26, 2021
Alaborn12:
I am getting afraid to grow old in this country

You are very right to start thinking about your old age now, nothing good is waiting for anyone. most of my classmates have returned to their family house, some died of poverty caused by the system.
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by smallsmall: 12:39am On May 26, 2021
He should Petition the Governor, directly.
If the Governor who "expressed shock" as to why he would be employed under such horrible condition, does not give him a better employment and punish all those involved in that horrible, sham employment, then it will be confirmed that the Governor himself is 'in-on-it' and is just a Hypocrite in public.

Case Closed.
Re: Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) by smallsmall: 12:50am On May 26, 2021
Basher8583:

Please what is corruption in this now. Was he conned to take the job or he willfully took it knowing his job responsibility. Note that he wasn't forced. I know people that will do that job with all joy on 35k.

Guys in UK and US do worse jobs

If he was tired of the job he could have simply quitted instead of going the blackmail route. This is why people dont like offering help.

How can someone do masters and not get at least a lecturing job even if its in a polytechnic. The man has more issues than what he is telling us. I hate people who come online to look for who to pity them. And there are so many gullible people who will donate to him and come back to complain that there's no money in Nigeria.

If anyone wants to help.. go to the real places where help is needed (Motherless babies home, home for the elderly and peopke who are unable to foot their hospital bills) and offer your help. They dont have online presence to rant like this one but they are in need of genine assistance. This ungratful person is not worth my help

Some of you bring shame to your anonymous moniker, thank God it is not your real name or how else can you ask such foolish question?
First, are you aware that a fresh Graduate employee, Level 8 officer collects above that #35,000?
Is it the amount he is paid that is the problem or that he disclosed his salary, when asked?
Where in the Civil Service Rule, does it state that you cannot disclose what you earn?
Does it not occur to you that he was sacked because his revelation embarrassed those who are short-changing staff like him and wanted to punish him for that?
As to whether he was forced to take the job or not, is a silly question! A family man will take any legal job he is offered, as long as he will get money to feed his family but that does not mean they should pay him half of what he is entitled to and pocket the rest. That is the official corruption that is killing this country.

In a sane country, everyone involved in that scandal that pay very hardworking people doing such work a meagre #35,000 (dont even mind his qualification for now), will be fired and some will even be prosecuted for fraud but in Nigeria, even peasants like you are the ones that will even be justifying the hubris

With an Unemployment rate of over 33%, what choice does an educated person have, to chose which job they would do or not do?
How many Schools are employing Lecturers, even now that those in employement are not being paid?

The issue here is about Ministry officials who just cut and steal part of the salary of their low-evel employees, just as they put Ghost Workers on the payroll.
Heads should roll in that Ministry of Environment, if not that Corruption has eaten deep into the administration of Sanwo Olu and "Baba'sope" is at the root of it all. undecided

Photo Of A Woman Posing Towards Her Boss Sparks Online Debate / Chia Diko Detimbir Who Found Crashed Military Plane In Benue Becomes Soldier / My Female Colleague Stopped Talking To Me Because Of This

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49