Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar (8098 Views)

Flight Lieutenant Agberia Ebiakpo Chapele Buried / NAF Lays To Rest Remains Of Flight Lieutenant Haruna Gadzama, 6 Others (Photos) / Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar by wonder233: 7:36am On May 26, 2021
A Flight Lieutenant is a senior Airforce Officer equivalent to the rank of Captain in the Army.
I disagree that you need a Group Captain (equivalent to the rank of Colonel) to fly a dignitary. A Group Captain should be heading a formation and not doing pilot duties. C'mon! how do we reason sef in this country?
Re: COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar by Carlyscales: 7:44am On May 26, 2021
faceland:

I don't like to make friends with soldiers (especially the young once). They are not treated fairly by their supervisors. Suffer all the time. They can even sleep on grass to problem (that is how used to hardship they have are).

I wonder why they can't use their weapons to kidnap, get the ransom in dollars and leave the country.

Oboy take it easyo.
Kidnapping na serious matter and its innocent citizens that you will rob at the end of the day. Because you definitely can't kidnap a military chief.

I believe our creator is benevolence enough to give everyone of us decent options in life to succeed.

With dedication, discipline, hardwork and good social networking, even a military officer can have and explore other options in life. Than wasting his life under nepostic, corrupt, unprofessional and quota system service chiefs.
Re: COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar by careytommy37(m): 7:51am On May 26, 2021
AgentGoat:

What's the equivalent of NA second lieutenant in the NAF?
Pilot Officer
Re: COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar by BSdetector: 9:28am On May 26, 2021
agabusta:

Una don start. Attahiru that you people were calling quota Hausa-Fulani General. He has suddenly become a Darling. Smh

Nothing is starting.......this is the truth, whatever anyone is saying is their opinion, this isn't a new tactics with the nigerian government..... tactics like this has always been used to eliminate southern or progressive northern army officers and this isn't different.
Re: COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar by Stone03: 11:30am On May 26, 2021
FarahAideed:
Same question I asked , I noticed the Airforce is now allowing 2 inexperienced flight liutenant to man one cockpit together ,. What are our Squadron leaders doing ?

Probably there is lack of competent work force in the air force
Besides, I see this as not a reasonable excuse for the crash. Short distance flight can still be properly maned by flight lieutenants.

2 Likes

Re: COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar by FarahAideed: 11:34am On May 26, 2021
Stone03:

Probably there is lack of competent work force in the air force
Besides, I see this as not a reasonable excuse for the crash. Short distance flight can still be properly maned by flight lieutenants.

My people at NCAA said they were advised against attempting the landing but as military aircraft they decided to take their risk , every other flight pulled back till that storm passes ...I heard they ran into a double vortex on approach and it take great experience to pull out of such situation

2 Likes

Re: COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar by ogbuefi677(m): 12:16pm On May 26, 2021
faceland:

Guy is was mechanical issues fa. They radio in advance that they were in trouble and attempted to use civilian airspace.

Go check US air force. It's kids that fly multi million DOLLAR crafts with nukes.
I have seen US air force vet that still looks young because it intelligence they look for.
In practical sciences like medicine,aviation etc,there are some things only experience can teach you.
Even if it were mechanical failure,a more experienced pilot could've known 1 or 2 things to do to land the airplane successfully.

1 Like

Re: COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar by pavoda: 12:36pm On May 26, 2021
Exactly my point, being Young officers and flying such high ranking senior officers you can imagine they where willing to take the risk at the expense of disappointing the Service Chief. This is where seniority and experience becomes useful, to take tough decisions. In civil aviation, which we can certainly equate to this as it’s a transport aircraft, most Pilots in Command have far and above the requirement to captain the aircraft. Experience of much more than the minimum requirement would have been very valuable.But who knows it may still not have made the difference.
FarahAideed:

My people at NCAA said they were advised against attempting the landing but as military aircraft they decided to take their risk , every other flight pulled back till that storm passes ...I heard they ran into a double vortex on approach and it take great experience to pull out of such situation
Re: COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar by pavoda: 12:39pm On May 26, 2021
No rookie commands a passenger airliner. Maybe a 1st officer. Abeg say only what you know
BobbyZrealist:

My brother the thing tire me ohh!!
Before u become a pilot you must be certified.
Even rookies fly passenger airlines, till they get fully experienced and veterans.
We have seen experience pilots crash planes.
This his excuse is nonsensical.
Re: COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar by TotoGame(m): 12:52pm On May 26, 2021
FarahAideed:

Flying officer ..

Pilot officer..... flying officer is the equivalent of lieutenant in the army

1 Like

Re: COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar by TotoGame(m): 12:54pm On May 26, 2021
wonder233:
A Flight Lieutenant is a senior Airforce Officer equivalent to the rank of Captain in the Army.
I disagree that you need a Group Captain (equivalent to the rank of Colonel) to fly a dignitary. A Group Captain should be heading a formation and not doing pilot duties. C'mon! how do we reason sef in this country?

A flight lieutenant is still a junior officer mehn!!!!
Re: COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar by wonder233: 12:57pm On May 26, 2021
No, not at all.
TotoGame:

A flight lieutenant is still a junior officer mehn!!!!
Re: COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar by quinox947: 1:07pm On May 26, 2021
Who are these "baby" pilots supposed to fly? Is life not life for both the high and mighty and the ordinary man on the street? The aircraft was not properly maintained jare.
Re: COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar by Stone03: 2:28pm On May 26, 2021
FarahAideed:

That was a great ill luck. Flt leutnant shouldn't have attempted such, seeing the risk before hand.

1 Like

Re: COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar by BobbyZrealist(m): 5:16pm On May 26, 2021
pavoda:
No rookie command s a passenger airliner. Maybe a 1st officer.Abeg say only what you know

Oga shift.
There is always a first time.
That first time is called,your rookie experience. After numerous simulation trials,and co-piloting with an experienced pilot.
Re: COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar by Olatomiwami(m): 5:34pm On May 26, 2021
Idiko1:

You should equally bring Colonel or Group Captain or Naval Captain to be his driver. Most Nigerians are ridiculously silly.

Nauseous! Because one Umar made his opinion known, does that makes it right? Y not look for Lt general to fly him then, if u continue relegating the Jnr ones, how will they grow in service and experience?

1 Like

Re: COAS: Why Would A Flight Lieutenant Fly A Lieutenant General? Captain Umar by TotoGame(m): 8:15am On May 27, 2021
wonder233:
No, not at all.

Who told you? A captain equivalent in the army is a senior officer??

Are you sure u're ok?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enyinnaya Nwafor Paid Don Ubani N5m To Attack Gov. Ikpeazu - Ex-LGA Chair / Lagos-Kano Mass Transit & Fuel-Haulage Trains Begins Friday / Don’t Expect Change Till 2016 Budget Is Signed –onu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.