Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Ladoum Sheep - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Ladoum Sheep (1453 Views)

Balami Sheep Male With Ladoum / Ladoum Sheep / Six Sheep Take On A Dog In A Funny Fight (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladoum Sheep by Chibuzorokoro: 6:42pm On May 25, 2021
THE LADOUM SHEEP BREED FROM SENEGAL: A Huge And Majestic Animal Every Livestock Farmer Should Have In the Herd

If i had 50 million, I’d spend it all on Ladoum sheep,” says Abib Seck, a sheep-dealer. Such enthusiasm is not unusual in Senegal. People there adore sheep. Not only are they delicious, they can also be status symbols. Every year during Tabaski, a religious festival, hundreds of thousands of them are sacrificed (and then gobbled up). Poorer families often take out crippling loans to buy one so they don’t lose social standing.

Ladoum sheep are huge and majestic—rams can weigh as much as three grown men. Startlingly, they are also without wool (which is not a problem in west Africa as it is too hot to wear jumpers). Some Ladoum look more like small horses than sheep.

They are too valuable to be sacrificed to any god. Instead, dealers sell them to rich folk—businessmen, religious leaders and government ministers— who keep them as pets. They are so popular that there are beauty pageants for them on tv with prizes worth thousands of dollars. At an agricultural fair in Dakar, Senegal’s capital, well-heeled couples check the pedigree of sheep they see as an investment. Several dealers claim to supply the president of Senegal himself.

“They make me feel happy,” says Mr Seck. “The breed has a lot of charisma.” He now has over 40 in his home. He employs two men to look after them but still chooses to spend most of his time with them. He says that his wife doesn’t mind because the animals are so lucrative. He frequently sells Ladoum lambs. He hopes to buy a separate house for his ovine chums.

For pure Ladoum offsprings, You can reach us 08126544080

Breeding such treasures can be perilous. “[Sheep thieves are] our biggest problem,” says Mamadou Touré, another dealer. One night, he says, armed men rammed into his friend’s house and stole six ewes worth $85,000. Whether they will still be worth that much in a year’s time remains to be seen.

Re: Ladoum Sheep by PeraGSD: 7:50pm On May 25, 2021
Only you ....all these handles

Re: Ladoum Sheep by Adarafunmi1(m): 10:20pm On Aug 06, 2023
Do you still have
How much
Re: Ladoum Sheep by elkharpone: 7:06am On Aug 07, 2023
Be careful o
This is scammer Tunde o

3 Likes

Re: Ladoum Sheep by chukskafor(m): 9:22pm On Aug 13, 2023
Adarafunmi1:
Do you still have
How much
Bros, you must be new in here not to know this low life baztard

1 Like

Re: Ladoum Sheep by adisabarber(m): 10:55am On Aug 14, 2023
Scammer Tunde, is that you again?

1 Like

Re: Ladoum Sheep by Adarafunmi1(m): 2:33pm On Aug 14, 2023
Thank you lord
I see people to tell me on time

(1) (Reply)

Unusual And Amazing Animal Friendships (With Pictures) / 부천키스방 마쉬멜로K " " ᠄bamwar8。c0m᠄ "▷ ✱◁"인천키스방▰보령키스방 밤전 / see what this product is doing to dogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.