Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

5 Signs You Need To Move Out - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 5 Signs You Need To Move Out (24115 Views)

Here Are The Top Signs You May Need A Storage System For The House And Office / 5 Signs That You Are Going To Be Successful In Life / 5 Signs You Need To Move Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Signs You Need To Move Out by mykwaba: 8:23pm On May 25, 2021
Moving out from one apartment to another is more than an overnight decision. When you just settled into an apartment, it can be hard to even imagine that you'll want to move somewhere else one day but whether you’ve lived in your apartment for 12 months or 12 years, it’s likely that one morning you’ll wake up and decide it’s time to move out.

We all have many reasons for moving, ranging from financial to social. Also, although sometimes there's a clear, urgent need to move, it's important to recognize that the desire to move is often a feeling that grows stronger over time.

Now if you're on the fence about moving out, here are tip off factors to consider in taking your decision.

1. Rent Hike
With the rate in which landlords, especially in Lagos tends to increase their rents over time, you might end up paying 500k for an apartment you moved into for 300k two years ago. When rent increases don’t match cost-of-living salary increases, it’s a strong indicator it’s time to find a better apartment and take a lot of financial stress off your shoulders.

2. You've Outgrown your place
If you had been living in a single room, you might prefer a two bedroom apartment probably because you have accumulated more things and want more space to store, display or use them all. Also, other life related moves such as marriage can prompt this feeling, you might feel you need a bigger apartment to accommodate you and your partner or family.

3. Bad Neighbours
Neighbours can change over time and you might find the new ones uncomfortable. If you start feeling like an outsider and find those living around you cold and distant, it’s probably time to seek out a community that feels more like family.

4. Bad commute
As life keeps moving from one phase to another, people finish schools and start a new job or switch jobs over time. Whenever this happens, there's a big chance your new traveling route might become expensive, tiring and uncomfortable. If your job is secure and enjoyable, moving closer to work might be a great idea.

5. You can now afford a more luxurious apartment
If you just acquired wealth (just arrived) or your salary has significantly increased since the time of the lease of your current apartment, you might decide its time to upgrade and apply more of your money toward living expenses. This often prompts relocation.

All been said, even if you're able to spend more on rent than the last time around, it's still important to identify and separate wants from needs to help ensure your next apartment is the right one for you.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 28, 2021
6 move out as soon as you notice after doing the landlords daughter her mum too is giving you green light

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by Infoguid: 1:30pm On May 28, 2021
When area boys starts flooding your area ?

YOU CAN EARN OVER N100K USING THIS METHOD READ DETAILS HERE

39 Likes

Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by Prettychild(f): 1:31pm On May 28, 2021
Hmmn! It's well
Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by Thylord(m): 1:31pm On May 28, 2021
Shebi na person wa get money day move out.increase your rent na I go hold you tire.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by kennykruzmason: 1:31pm On May 28, 2021
You don't mean it
Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by superCleanworks(m): 1:31pm On May 28, 2021
Only that number 5 is valid.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by jrupa(m): 1:31pm On May 28, 2021
Good points raised.

In addition: BAD ROAD.

15 Likes

Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by Authority1o1(m): 1:31pm On May 28, 2021
Okay...

If you are now earning enough for you to move into a very luxurious apartment, know that you're also equipped enough to start building your own house.

37 Likes

Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by PCG001: 1:31pm On May 28, 2021
6. wнen yoυ ιмpregnaтed a gιrl yoυ're noт ready тo ѕeттle down wιтнundecided

6 Likes

Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by Revere27: 1:32pm On May 28, 2021
Nice one Op
More knowledge to you..

Another one is when the area you live in is no longer habitable to stay like.... Armed robbery of different sort constantly, fighting and many other deviants behaviour that you can't cope with, then you need to look for a better place.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by ugomsinachibia: 1:32pm On May 28, 2021
when will I ever be the first to comment on nairaland.?
Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by Bustincole(m): 1:32pm On May 28, 2021
Wat if landlady is ur side chick

would u still move out

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by abobote: 1:33pm On May 28, 2021
Nawaoh, see as I rush book space, I no even know wetin I go write

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by chuks34(m): 1:34pm On May 28, 2021
Bad neighbours made us move out from our last apartment.
we have been having double mind about moving out

not until 15th february 2019 when armed robbers enterd our compound and robbed almost every room including our direct neighbor,

but because they didnt enter our room our neighbours began rumouring that we planned the robbery, that why didnt my brother sleep at home that nyt,

whereas my brother most times sleep at his friends house,

we moved out 2 months after that incident

9 Likes

Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by money121(m): 1:36pm On May 28, 2021
Ok
Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by Xristars(m): 1:37pm On May 28, 2021
Hillarous space bookers
Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by 5ine: 1:38pm On May 28, 2021
Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by InfernoNig: 1:38pm On May 28, 2021
You forget baba landlord. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by Bilianminu4357: 1:38pm On May 28, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by Dunmininu4567: 1:39pm On May 28, 2021
Reading
Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by 900warriorz: 1:39pm On May 28, 2021
smiley
Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by shopwiser: 1:47pm On May 28, 2021
I Wanna swap my MacBook Air 2015 4gb ram/256gb for a gaming laptop.

The Mac is as clean as new with no dents with battery cycle 93.

Message me on whatsapp through my signature if interested for pictures..
Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by porthouse7(f): 1:50pm On May 28, 2021
I actually moved because of toxic landlord and tenant, they see me as rebel cos I mind my business

9 Likes

Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by stupidmod3: 1:50pm On May 28, 2021
or u wanna move out from big place to a smaller place.
Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by TalkTalkTwins(m): 1:51pm On May 28, 2021
Or maybe someone like me who needs a better space to start making Youtube videos
Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by chuks34(m): 1:52pm On May 28, 2021
PCG001:
6. wнen yoυ ιмpregnaтed a gιrl yoυ're noт ready тo ѕeттle down wιтнundecided
Lol, u latter think of wetin to write
Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by GindoX(m): 2:01pm On May 28, 2021
Prettychild:
Hmmn! It's well

Pretty, pretty.
Re: 5 Signs You Need To Move Out by ICTWeb: 2:04pm On May 28, 2021
.when the area or house done cast.

I'm in that point of moving and what's holding me now is money.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Type Of House Can ₦400k Savings Per Month Build? / Is Anything Wrong In Painting A House Black? / The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.