Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria (731 Views)

Breaking: GEJ Atiku's Endorsement Is Very Reckless & In Bad Taste- Ijaw Leader / Ijaw Leader Edwin Clark Loses 43-year-old Son, Chike / Obaseki Backs One Million Trees Project In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by Ababbio: 10:35pm On May 25, 2021
Elder statesman and Ijaw leader, Chief Edwin Clark, has said that Nigeria would remain united in spite of her many challenges, Newspremises reports.

He stated this at a mass held to mark his 94th birthday anniversary in Abuja on Tuesday.

Clark, who said that he was against secession, decried the unwanted killings across the country.

“You asked me whether I support secession, the break up of Nigeria. I said if I’m to secede, where do I go to? Who owns this country more than myself? We either succeed or fail together.

“Nigeria will remain one country. My only regret is the number of killings happening in Nigeria every day.

“No personal regret, but my only regret in life is the position of Nigeria.

“There was healthy competition in the past among our leaders. We played politics without fear or favour, without any rancour, but now, it is a different thing.

“I’m appealing to everybody, let’s have one Nigeria; a united Nigeria where everybody is equal. A united Nigeria where everybody has a right to aspire to whatever position he wants to aspire to.

“A united Nigeria where religion does not determine what it should be and where ethnicity does not determine what it should be,” Clark said.

Meanwhile, Venerable Festus Nwafili of the Anglican Church, Asokoro, who officiated the mass, urged the celebrator, as a leader, to maintain his truthful disposition.

God’s expectation of you is to promote His righteous course by your words and actions. You owe the nation to speak the truth on the challenges bedeviling it,” Nwafili said.

Also speaking, Sen. Seriake Dickson (PDP-Bayelsa), described Clark as an Ijaw foremost leader.

“He is our father and we are very happy with the leadership he has given to our people.

“We are happy with his service to Nigeria. You know, he has been everything, Commissioner of Education in old Midwest, he built all the schools.

“As a matter of fact, the school I attended in Torebeni, Bayelsa, was built by him.

“And then, he became a federal commissioner for information, became a senator, became several things.

“He has been our foremost advocate, not just for the Ijaw nation, not just of the Niger Delta and the South-South, but for most, an advocate for a fair, just and equitable Nigeria.

“So, that’s what he has come to symbolise, and we are very happy with it,” said Dickson.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/ijaw-leader-clark-rejects-secession-backs-one-nigeria/

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 10:37pm On May 25, 2021

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by Cholls(m): 10:38pm On May 25, 2021
My brother this one all of you are singing "I surrender Lord"

Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by Gbabe2: 10:39pm On May 25, 2021
mekaboy:

The Oracle himself don speak. Tuale baba
Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by XXXXTENTACION: 10:40pm On May 25, 2021
The thing don pass their power wink but anyway....

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by owobokiri(m): 10:41pm On May 25, 2021
Why are the "Unity Beggars" sooooooo restless these days?
Scavenging for hope from all the nooks and crannies of this epileptic amalgam...?

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 10:42pm On May 25, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

NIGERIAS UNITY IS FIXED AND CAN NEVER BE SHAKEN

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by youngeagle(m): 10:45pm On May 25, 2021
Unity that has taken millions of life's, that on na Unity

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by Igboid: 10:54pm On May 25, 2021
Of course all NIGERIAN elites want NIGERIA to continue existing.
All SE governors and government officials want NIGERIA to continue existing.
It's their cash cow and their life insurance. Check how much They are paid as pensions and entitlements.
New countries would not pay them those ridiculous fees.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by Simplyleo: 10:55pm On May 25, 2021
Ipob, how market?

Chief Edwin Clark is a fulani paid 30k BMC jihadist.

E be like say the people wey get oil no dey our side oh.

Anambra say dem no do, Benue no even want hear that thing for ear at all. Abi make we annex Akwa Ibom? Akwa ibom get oil oh.

Oya, lemme redesign our biafra map to include Akwa Ibom.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by Investigative: 11:10pm On May 25, 2021
I will reject agitation supported by any politician
Zombie be like
Hurray the creator of Nigeria have declared that Nigeria will be United by force

Please do I sound stupid?
That’s how zombie look

I will reject Biafra if all these corrupt politicians in Nigeria support it
I prefer revolution where every politician will face jerry Rawlings judgement

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by Veqtor: 11:49pm On May 25, 2021
No one knows all these old people...their own is to collect brown envelope den come out 2 spill lies.

Their generation is d reason why we in this situation. As a youth, he did nothing. Now that he's old, he's still failing his future generations. Elderly people have no say in this present day struggle.. especially d ones who didn't get wiser as they aged.. He should just sit this one out jawe.

I wonder how all ds media houses locate all ds pple talking about one nijeriya.. It's so obvious all these yeye interviews are State-sponsored propaganda. Well, they don't hold water....we move.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 11:53pm On May 25, 2021
Investigative:
I will reject agitation supported by any politician
Zombie be like
Hurray the creator of Nigeria have declared that Nigeria will be United by force

Please do I sound stupid?
That’s how zombie look

I will reject Biafra if all these corrupt politicians in Nigeria support it
I prefer revolution where every politician will face jerry Rawlings judgement

Kanu is a politician if you don't know. He capitalised on your pains to cashout. He tells you the truth about your situation, collects what you have now and promises you a better tomorrow. The same thing pastors and politicians do.

Look at him defending a looter.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by BENARI: 11:54pm On May 25, 2021
Are you kidding me? You really expected Clark to say otherwise?

Common please stop this Rubbish. Even Igbo politicians are saying the same thing, so no surprises.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 11:57pm On May 25, 2021
Veqtor:
No one knows all these old people...their own is to collect brown envelope den come out 2 spill lies.

Their generation is d reason why we in this situation. As a youth, he did nothing. Now that he's old, he's still failing his future generations. Elderly people have no say in this present day struggle.. especially d ones who didn't get wiser as they aged.. He should just sit this one out jawe.

I wonder how all ds media houses locate all ds pple talking about one nijeriya.. It's so obvious all these yeye interviews are State-sponsored propaganda. Well, they don't hold water....we move.

Kanu collects envelopes too. Why do you think he told you to go and vote Atiku a fulani man, after asking you not to vote?

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by Rossiminku: 11:58pm On May 25, 2021
BENARI:
Are you kidding me? You really expected Clark to say otherwise?

Common please stop this Rubbish. Even Igbo politicians are saying the same thing, so no surprises.

So if all the movers and shakers of society, including Igbo politicians, and also Igbo businessmen for whom access to the Nigerian market is key to their continued prosperity and expansion, are all saying NIGERIA IS ONE, isn't it time to reconsider your position?

You're backing the wrong team bro.

The only people agitating for Biafra are all these disgruntled spare parts dealers, miscreants, touts, and ne'er do wells. grin

Join up with the big boys and stop messing up yourself.
grin

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by nthony10: 12:09am On May 26, 2021
He should have added 'over his dead body'

Anyways he just aired his opinion.
Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by Veqtor: 12:10am On May 26, 2021
mekaboy:

Kanu collects envelopes too. Why do you think he told you to go and vote Atiku a fulani man, after asking you not to vote?

Caman disappear from my mention... Does my monicker look to you like someone who will come down to ur level to banter words?

U no dey look who yu dey quote or you high on something. Month end is fast approaching for bmc salary, so keep working ur masters' work.

I don't do ragtags k.. so I'm just gonna not read whatever trash u post with my mention again, nd I sure as hell won't reply yu. Argue with ur failed ancestors.
Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by Rossiminku: 12:11am On May 26, 2021
mekaboy:

lol
Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by mekaboy(m): 12:12am On May 26, 2021
Veqtor:

Caman disappear from my mention... Does my monicker look to you like someone who will come down to ur level to banter words?

U no dey look who yu dey quote or you high on something. Month end is fast approaching for bmc salary, so keep working ur masters' work.

I don't do ragtags k.. so I'm just gonna not read whatever trash u post with my mention again, nd I sure as hell won't reply yu. Argue with ur failed ancestors.

All this noise without a single fact to counter the evidence presented. I don't blame those that use pics that depicts IPOB members as empty skulls.
Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by sapientia(m): 1:53am On May 26, 2021
He stands to make more corrupt money in Nigeria than a divided Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by Rossiminku: 2:17am On May 26, 2021
sapientia:
He stands to make more corrupt money in Nigeria than a divided Nigeria

MAZI NNAMDI KANU STANDS TO MAKE MORE CORRUPT MONEY IN A BIAFRA THAN IN A UNITED NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by Aufbauh(m): 4:14am On May 26, 2021
All those ignorant Ipobians think and believe that a New independent country will catapult them from a low class level to the top echelon in the society without work.

They call those that insisted that Nigeria must work as 'Unity beggar' whereas they're Freedom beggars.
God should not put me in a condition where I'll be begging for freedom in perpetuity and futility.
Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by BENARI: 6:26am On May 26, 2021
Rossiminku:

So if all the movers and shakers of society, including Igbo politicians, and also Igbo businessmen for whom access to the Nigerian market is key to their continued prosperity and expansion, are all saying NIGERIA IS ONE, isn't it time to reconsider your position?

You're backing the wrong team bro.

The only people agitating for Biafra are all these disgruntled spare parts dealers, miscreants, touts, and ne'er do wells. grin

Join up with the big boys and stop messing up yourself.
grin

Thanks for your sound advice.

Mind you I'm a spare part dealer, and I hope you patronize me soon. I have a really good original brain to replace the dead one you're still carrying in your skull grin
Re: Ijaw Leader Clark Rejects Secession, Backs One Nigeria by KAHBOOM: 7:05am On May 26, 2021
Sharrap old man

Every politician down south old and young wants to sound politically correct but when northerners speak they don't care.

(1) (Reply)

Questions To Nnamdi Kanu / Nnamdi Kanu Suffering From Bipolar Disorder, Mental Imbalance – Expert / Nnamdi Kanu: Handcuffs Won’t Stop Agitation – Mbaka Reacts, Slams S/east Govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.