Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

Should I Drive My Own Car Or Rent? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Drive My Own Car Or Rent? (652 Views)

Can I Drive In Texas During A Short Visit With My Valid Naija License / Can I Drive In USA With Only An International Driver's License As A Visitor? / Can I Drive To Lome, Togo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should I Drive My Own Car Or Rent? by EvanJarvis955: 6:49am On May 26, 2021
In the 21st century, having a personal means of transport becomes a necessity especially when you are in a busy city like Dubai. Life in Dubai is very fast forward and elegant too, while most of the business communities live in the city of gold and have their branded and luxurious cars. The city of gold is also a city of tourists and visitors as almost millions of people visit from across the globe throughout the year. Meanwhile, these tourists may use rental cars for getting around the city. [img][/img]

In case you are planning a trip to Dubai or any other emirate of the UAE, and you are confused about whether you should drive your own car or rent it out? Well, for your road trip it is always advisable for you to get a car on rent instead of buying it. Consider the option of buying a car whenever you are in the city for more than 6 months or a year. In that case, you can buy a new car or used car and then sell it when you are leaving the country.

In this blog, we will discuss in detail which option is best for you and whether you should Rent a car, or buy it.

Advantages of Renting a Car

Some of the main advantages of renting a car are given below:

Budget-Friendly

A major factor to consider whenever you have to make this decision is your budget. Renting a car should be the best option if you have a limited budget for your trip. You can rent your car at very affordable prices as many companies are offering services that are cheap and reasonable. It would be best for a road trip or other long-distance travel than buying a car. You can also find different deals and discount offers on several car rental companies that are offering when you rent a car for a long term.

An Easy Task

Renting a car in a city like Dubai is very easy now. All you have to do is search for <a href="https://rentalcarsuae.com/rent-a-car-dubai-uae-2/">Rent a car Dubai</a>, to find a good and cheap car rental company that is offering you a better car at a reasonable price. You can also hire your car online from their websites and get your car at your doorstep. Moreover, for driving a rental car you need a valid national or international license or IDP. IDP is a permit letter that states that you can drive a car internationally if you are in a foreign country.

Maintained and Furnished Car

By hiring a car you can get a maintained and furnished car because most of the car rental companies are offering these facilities due to competition. However, these days due to the deadly pandemic of COVID-19 traveling in a mode of public transport is so fatal because there is a high chance of getting infected due to overloaded buses. Companies are also offering fully sanitized and COVID-free cars. You can be satisfied before renting it, and drive it without any hesitation and fear of getting COVID.

Advantages of Buying a Car

Some of the benefits of buying a car for your road trip are given below:

No Mileage Limits

When you are driving your own car, you need not worry about the mileage. You are free to go anywhere you want to go. You can even travel across the country without keeping an eye on your mileage limits. On the other hand, rental companies bound you to specific mileage and if you crossed it you have to pay extra charges. But when you buy your own can you can rack up to 100,000 miles in a year without paying any extra fees.

Not to worry about Credit Installments

When you are going to buy a car, you would certainly have the benefit of installments because lease installments are more costly than credit installments. And once you finish your installments of a new car, you are authorized to drive it for a considerable length of time. But keep in mind that

Can sell or exchange it

Another exciting benefit of having your own car is that you can trade it or sell it anytime you want. Because the car is all yours and you have not to think about what to do with it when your auto loan is paid. Whenever you are ready to buy a new vehicle, an SUV, or a truck you can sell or exchange it at its current market value according to its mileage and condition.

Disadvantages of Renting a Car

When you are using a rental car it may have several disadvantages like you have to follow strict terms and conditions of the car rental company. You may have to pay extra charges for any damage or returning the vehicle late. And the main one is that you might have to face high rates especially when you are hiring during special events like new year's eve, Christmas, or any other festival.

Disadvantages of Buying a Car

Buying a personal car also has some drawbacks like you have to pay some extra charges including monthly payment, registration-related fee, maintenance, fuel consumption, parking fee, annual inspection fee, and other extra auto costs. And your car must always be in good condition to face any type of circumstances, if not then it may cause hurdles for you. [img][/img]

Moreover, if you are looking for the best <a href="https://rentalcarsuae.com/rent-a-car-dubai-uae-2/">Car Rental</a> in Dubai, make sure to look for a reputed company with the best customer reviews.

Summing Up

Some of the pros and cons of buying and renting a car are discussed above. It's up to how many days, weeks, or months you are going to stay in the city. If you're financially stable and strong enough then buying a car could be the best option for you. You can also lookout for a used car which is good in condition and fulfills your needs and demands.

Re: Should I Drive My Own Car Or Rent? by SanctifiedSista(f): 6:59am On May 26, 2021
Buying a car is best so if it gets missing or spoilt, u won't have heart palpitations since it belongs to someone else

(1) (Reply)

Man Loses Two Legs As Okada Riders On Top Speed Crash (Graphic Photos) / My Experience Travelling To The East Yesterday / Tour Around New Benin Market This Morning, Benincity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.