Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,721 members, 7,824,050 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry (44834 Views)

Presidential Yacht Delivered Before Public Outcry, Says Ndume / Shehu Sani: 42 Persons Roasted Alive In Sokoto Yet No Outcry / Bill Seeking Life Pension For Enugu Ex-Governors & Their Deputies Sparks Outcry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by temitope27(m): 3:28pm On May 26, 2021
mightyhaze:
Lol..

Amen to the prayer tho.God bless all indigenous people within the niger
God bless every living things in the world, except it's enemy
Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by EmmyDJourno: 3:29pm On May 26, 2021
SegFault:

Simple research you never do you just open mouth wah.

Research Institute of the whole uwanile we dey hail you

We dey thank you

Take your research go drink Garri grin

1 Like

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by ugotuf(m): 3:30pm On May 26, 2021
Yeye people, they want to toy with my in-laws.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by mightyhaze: 3:31pm On May 26, 2021
temitope27:
God bless every living things in the world, except it's enemy
bless the bandits chasing ppl to Benin republic too?
Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by ezebunafo(m): 3:32pm On May 26, 2021
gistray:
Negotiate well they'll sell.

Also promise them 100 plates of intercontinental Ewedu and Owambe every weekend if they sign.

I know my Ewedu brethrens will choose Owambe over a nonsensical word

you are mistaken,the topic of discussion here is yoruba and not ebo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by OfoIgbo: 3:34pm On May 26, 2021
So Yoruba is not even owned by Yorubas. What da...... grin grin
Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by seyz91(m): 3:35pm On May 26, 2021
grin
illicit:
Sunday Igboho must not hear this

1 Like

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by respectfully: 3:35pm On May 26, 2021
NwaNimo1:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-africa-47639452?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=60ad31b8e7130202defa38ea%26UK%20company%27s%20%27Yoruba%27%20trademark%20sparks%20outcry%262021-05-25T17%3A27%3A52.639Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:c2386a01-57bc-4230-9171-1f2b03b12774&pinned_post_asset_id=60ad31b8e7130202defa38ea&pinned_post_type=share

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by temitope27(m): 3:38pm On May 26, 2021
mightyhaze:
bless the bandits chasing ppl to Benin republic too?
I said except it's enemy, I know u re trying to bring tribal things into it, u ibo people just get to much problem

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by Newton85: 3:43pm On May 26, 2021
gistray:

Also promise them 100 plates of intercontinental Ewedu and Owambe every weekend if they sign.

Lol, coming from a person whose people sell their own babies for 50,000 naira in order to raise money to bury their parent? The irony.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by CSTRR: 3:44pm On May 26, 2021
That is serious.

If that company went unchallenged, it means any use of the word "Yoruba" in business would mean an intellectual theft.
Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by mightyhaze: 3:47pm On May 26, 2021
temitope27:
I said except it's enemy, I know u re trying to bring tribal things into it, u ibo people just get to much problem
The problem with people that have got very deep seated ethnic bigotry and insecurity is that u can't share a joke with them. Everything is viewed thru a very narrow tribal prism..

So long jon
Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by Cutie09(m): 3:47pm On May 26, 2021
BigBashiru:

No black race is great and the greatest race. There are areas of improvement overall but nothing wrong with being black. It's a great continent with great people.

Bros thanks i know that... but i tell you what as a black dude here, it is better to deal with other race than to deal with black race business wise. Our people always think of cheating you even some members in church are not honest. Why? My mate bought brand new phone from Asian dude here he paid 6 installment after that he pick his phone up but naija omo no try am. Few years ago someone (old dude in his 60s) gave naija money agent £2,000 to send to naija the agent vanish to tin air this agent na naija oo why are some Nigerian so horrible home and abroad?

Look at this story now someone trademarking "yoruba " what is your take on it bro cuz naija matter tire me big time.

Kings selling our people to white in exchange for biscuits chocolate and mirrors. Just pathetic.
Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by Decency2020(f): 3:52pm On May 26, 2021
In all DECENCY that is the spirit. ODUDUWA is not for sale to anybody , be it Oyibo of Fulani.

On ODUDUWA we stand.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by PoloG: 3:52pm On May 26, 2021
I dont understand anything here
Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by Sterope(f): 3:53pm On May 26, 2021
You are a bastard!
Mikecold:
Try Yoruba Muslim

That one is a plague no one can trademark

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by rita25(f): 3:56pm On May 26, 2021
YORUBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ODUDUWA PPLE.....................TWO FACED PPLE grin grin grin grin
Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by temitope27(m): 3:57pm On May 26, 2021
mightyhaze:
The problem with people that have got very deep seated ethnic bigotry and insecurity is that u can't share a joke with them. Everything is viewed thru a very narrow tribal prism..

So long jon
oga go sit down
Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by yetunsbay(m): 4:00pm On May 26, 2021
gistray:

one astray fellow cited
Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by Olam09(m): 4:02pm On May 26, 2021
gistray:

Lmao.. you don craze
Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by Christistruth00: 4:10pm On May 26, 2021
This is another form of Kidnapping “ Corporate Kidnapping “ of Yoruba Heritage and they even tried to collect Ransoms and called it a “Trademark Purchase “

1 Like

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by africandollar: 4:13pm On May 26, 2021
Mad people everywhere! They stole our people through slave trade years ago now they also want to lay claim to our identity and heritage? Truly these people are the descendants of Jacob...supplanters in disguise! angry

1 Like

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by BabaIbo: 4:15pm On May 26, 2021
Later somebody will come here and claim Yorubas are over 200 million people and thy are the largest/most populous tribe in the word cheesy grin.
Yet their root is about to be stolen by a total stranger.

Who knows, this guy maybe the future governor of Lagos or Yoruba/Odua Nation.
This one he's trademarking it.
Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by BSdetector: 4:15pm On May 26, 2021
Everybody wants a piece of yoruba

2 Likes

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by theTranslator: 4:16pm On May 26, 2021
KingKingKing:
Yoruba is a people, a tribe, a country, the most widely spoken language in Africa.

It can never be trademarked.

Proud to be Yoruba.

If I come this world again I must turn Yoruba.

God bless Yoruba
God bless Nigeria.
I'm Yoruba
But Swahili and Hausa comes before Yoruba

1 Like

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by BSdetector: 4:16pm On May 26, 2021
BabaIbo:
Later somebody will come here and claim Yorubas are over 200 million people and thy are the largest/moat populous tribe in the word cheesy grin.
Yet their root is about to be stolen by a total stranger.

Who knows, this guy maybe the future governor of Lagos or Yoruba/Odua Nation.
This one he's trademarking it.

You can only try to steal what's valuable....but the criminals won't succeed.

7 Likes

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by tit(f): 4:18pm On May 26, 2021
Yoruba and England are one.

1 Like

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by otomatic(m): 4:20pm On May 26, 2021
After stealing artifacts, you still want to steal tribal names and names of places. You even have the nerve to say the place is fictional, so as to make it appear as your creation. Then worst of all the UK intellectual office will say it's valid without researching the claims.

Abeg who knows the address of the trademark office in Abuja. I want to trademark the words "Queen of England" immediately.

2 Likes

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by Christistruth00: 4:22pm On May 26, 2021
EmmyDJourno:
The British are just good thieves

They have never been known to produce anything worthwhile

They just package and repackage what belongs to others

E.g Mango Park, the bitch ass nigga

Give honour to whom honour is due

The British have Produced some fantastic things

Electricity, Trains, Engines , Tyres ,Telegraph, ATM, World Wide Web

2 Likes

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by YungMillionaire: 4:22pm On May 26, 2021
The reason why the whites have the guts to do this is because Africans, for the most part, have abandoned African tradition and religions. You all worship Jewish, Arab or European gods and you think Europeans and Arabs will respect you? Think again.

1 Like

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by BabaIbo: 4:24pm On May 26, 2021
BSdetector:

You can only try to steal what's valuable....but the criminals won't succeed.

Keep deceiving yourself.

Igbo, Hausa, Swahili, Zulu are more valuable.

They didn't tamper with those ones because they know the stuff their people are made of.

1 Like

Re: UK company's 'Yoruba' trademark sparks outcry by YungMillionaire: 4:25pm On May 26, 2021
KingKingKing:
Yoruba is a people, a tribe, a country and a religion, the most widely spoken language in Africa.It can never be trademarked.Proud to be Yoruba.If I come this world again I must turn Yoruba.God bless Yoruba God bless Nigeria.

Fixed!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Sacks Son-In-law, Uche Nwosu, Others (FULL LIST) / We Are Not Fools; Why Didn’t You Challenge Buhari These Years? – Wike To Atiku / President Buhari Smiling Behind His Successor(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.