Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant (34774 Views)

Ethiopia, Nigeria Swap $100M / Anambra Firm,escrowlock Amongst Winners Of $100m Facebook Grant / Facebook Grant $100 Million Program For Small Businesses Startup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by Ghast12: 9:20pm On May 26, 2021
Ads credit
Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by LegendHero(m): 9:34pm On May 26, 2021
Ferdinandu:
Imagine. I was already sitting down here calculating whatever Facebook saw on this unknown Nigeria company to drop 100 million dollars for not even saying that they bought it over. People will just be reporting nonsense. But the business idea makes a lot of sense sha

Yeah $100million us huge investment but I think there are actually some startups owned by Nigerians that got that much seed from investors.

However this Facebook own is like some sort of grant so it will be really hard to unravel what Facebook saw in a Nigerian company to give them a huge $100m grant.

As in $100m no be small money o.

1 Like

Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by gozzlin: 10:24pm On May 26, 2021
Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by ofordegreat(m): 10:53pm On May 26, 2021
LegendHero:
Nice one.

But I think the Nigeria media need some schooling in their reporting.

The $100m Facebook grant will be shared among multiple business and infact there are over 30,000 business or so that can qualify when Facebook announced the grant last year.

So these EscrowLock guys will get the cash & ad grant not even up to $10k at maximum but this report made it look like it’s $100m for a single company.

Imagine giving $100m each to 30,000 small businesses, how much is even Zuckerberg worth to start with?

In the USA here I think the grant is $4000 for small businesses ($2500 in cash and $1500 in optional ad credits). I don’t know the actual amount for Africa.

Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by Newton85: 11:33pm On May 26, 2021
Belial06:

Silence is golden. One doesn't always air an opinion.
One should always air opinions debunking misleading/fake news.

1 Like

Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by Belial06: 11:41pm On May 26, 2021
Newton85:
One should always air opinions debunking misleading/fake news.

This comment didn't make sense

That's the job of the media

Jeez
Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by Thomist(m): 11:44pm On May 26, 2021
LegendHero:
Nice one.

The $100m Facebook grant will be shared among multiple business and infact there are over 30,000 business or so that can qualify when Facebook announced the grant last year.

So these EscrowLock guys will get the cash & ad grant not even up to $10k at maximum but this report made it look like it’s $100m for a single company.

Imagine giving $100m each to 30,000 small businesses, how much is even Zuckerberg worth to start with?

In the USA here I think the grant is $4000 for small businesses ($2500 in cash and $1500 in optional ad credits). I don’t know the actual amount for Africa.

You're a hater
Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by samnaija: 1:15am On May 27, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:
I hope they will not change come out to tomorrow and tell us that the winner is a scammer like Leviticus obi and the other one from ebonyi. Nigeria youths are shameless and only good at scam

Please don't miss a dose of your medicine again, u sound misaligned....
Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by SocialJustice: 1:36am On May 27, 2021
Uncharted56:
Does it have an app? If so please let them drop the link so that we that are doing business can tap in and protect ourselves it's very stressful working with unofficial escrows
How is this escrow official?
Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by pacespot(m): 3:10am On May 27, 2021
Make I promote my own business if I can be part of this $100 millions Facebook grant. Seems there are a lot of potentials in fintech in Nigeria, only them are winning it big
Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by Abrahamdgreat(m): 4:22am On May 27, 2021
LegendHero:
Nice one.

The reporting shouldn't matter... What's the whole essence of having mods on this site if they can't verify what they push to the frontpage
Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by Solsix(m): 8:25am On May 27, 2021
LegendHero:
Nice one.

At all at all
Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by Thinktwicemybro: 11:26am On May 27, 2021
samnaija:

Please don't miss a dose of your medicine again, u sound misaligned....
When did they release you from kirikiri , welcome back o
Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by samnaija: 9:57pm On May 27, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:

When did they release you from kirikiri , welcome back o
You should know I left you behind.....
Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by Thinktwicemybro: 1:43pm On May 28, 2021
samnaija:

You should know I left you behind.....
Oh sorry, I was actually the warder on duty
Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by Captainmickey: 12:51am On May 29, 2021
Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by Captainmickey: 12:52am On May 29, 2021
Please how can one receive payment online in Nigeria without a website (Aside RAVE and PAYPAL)?
Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by eliok(m): 1:12am On May 29, 2021
Offpoint1:
Please any Nairalander with Premium Freepik account should help me out, I want to download a file, you can download and send it to me.. I'm not asking for access. I'll compensate for your data... It's urgent please.

Kindly quote me, thanks.
is it a picture? What kind of file? Link please?
Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by Offpoint1: 6:30am On May 29, 2021
eliok:
is it a picture? What kind of file? Link please?
It's AI file, please send me message via the number on my signature.
Thanks
Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by eliok(m): 7:39am On May 29, 2021
Offpoint1:

It's AI file, please send me message via the number on my signature.
Thanks
sorry I can't help
Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by Offpoint1: 8:04am On May 29, 2021
eliok:
sorry I can't help
No P
Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by samnaija: 11:10pm On May 29, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:

Oh sorry, I was actually the warder on duty
If you lie there again, calm down take your medicine you no gree, na warder for phychatric You dey perform. ...
Re: EscrowLock Wins $100m Facebook Grant by Thinktwicemybro: 7:24am On May 30, 2021
samnaija:

If you lie there again, calm down take your medicine you no gree, na warder for phychatric You dey perform. ...
I hope you are obeying parole instructions, you may go back you know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Over-scratched This N200 Glo Card -- Nairalanders, Please Comment / What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? / See Some Of Nigeria's Richest Men In One Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.