Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat (19881 Views)

Buhari, APC Should Give South-west Presidential Ticket In 2023- Ahmed Lawal / Rate Ahmed Lawal Vs Ali Ndume Pre-election Addresses / Saraki Addresses Protesting National Assembly Staff, As Ahmed Lawal Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by Officialhorlah(m): 5:56pm On May 26, 2021
At the security summit organised by the House of Representatives in Abuja, the Senate President, Ahmed Lawan stated that Nigeria’s corporate existence is under threat.

In his remarks at the summit, Senate President Ahmed Lawan said that the incidences of kidnappings, banditry, and insurgency were threatening the corporate existence of Nigeria.

“Let me start by commending the leadership of the House for organizing this very special summit on national security. I want to say here that Nigeria is at crossroads today. The very essence of the existence of this country is under serious threat. What started as the insurgency in 2009 or so in the northwestern part of Yobe has now snowballed into a full-scale insurgency in the entire northeast. What was not known to us in the northwest is now today the home of banditry and kidnapping.

“The north-central as we all know is not safe. It suffers the clashes between the herders and our farmers. And the recent introduction in the southeast is another serious threat to the existence of this country. Where government institutions are targeted, our police and security agencies personnel are being killed on a daily basis. Our institutions, buildings are burnt. I believe that these are threats not only to those areas but to the entire nation. And our armed forces are doing their best.

“I must commend our armed forces and other security agencies for doing so much with the little we are able to give them. The National Assembly has always been on the side of giving the kind of support, either legislative or the kind of financial support that our armed forces and indeed all other security agencies require, even though we have our limits.

“The essence of this summit I am sure is to look for ways and means of improving the performance of our armed forces and other security agencies. This summit is essential because we are tested as a country. We are tested as a people. Criminals everywhere have found probably comfort in doing what they do. This is the time for the legislature and executive arm of government to come even closer in finding solutions. I want to take this opportunity to appeal and ask the executive arm of government to implement whatever would be the outcome of this summit.

There were previous summits by NASS. I recall we had a similar summit in the 8th Assembly and I believe that the legislative perspective is essential in finding solutions to the myriad of security issues affecting our country today.

I want to also appeal to all Nigerians for their continued support for the administration and for our armed forces and our security agencies. All hands must be on deck.

“A criminal has only one name and that is criminal. No criminal should have comfort in his ethnic enclave.

“Whoever, where that person is, once he is a criminal, he is simply a criminal and must be dealt with in the appropriate manner regardless of where he or she is coming from. It is also important that we provide resources more resources for our security agencies to enable them better tackle the criminal activities across the country.

“And our armed forces can do that. But the fact remains that we have not enabled them enough. Today in this country, there is no better investment than investing in the security of our people.

“We must ensure that we protect the lives and the property of our people. This is the essence of government. So while the NASS should work hard as it always does to provide more resources, I also want to say we must review procurement processes by the security agencies.

“While we are not going to open up how they do these things to the public, but as parliamentarians, those who approve the funding, we must understand how these procurement processes are undertaken.

“If the processes require that we change the way, we do that, because of inefficiencies, we should go ahead and do so. Because it is not enough to just put in more resources but how the resources are deployed with the economy, with prudence and efficiency.

“I want to once again appeal to us in the National Assembly. The security agencies we know are doing their best, but I think it is high time that we work with the executive arm of government to look at the architecture of our security system for better performance.

“And when I mention architecture, I also want to mention that all levels of government are responsible for securing the lives and property of Nigerians. The federal, state, and local governments. And of course, it is a well-known fact that the local governments do not function.

“The local government system does not function and that takes away a lot from our efforts at providing security for lives and property of people. And when I mention the local government system not functioning, our traditional rulers, who had played major roles in protecting us today have no function more or less. It is only when there are problems, we look for them.

“In the northern part of the country and I daresay all parts of Nigeria, our traditional rulers had played key roles in ensuring security in their domains. Why can’t we look at the possibility of providing an official function for them, even if it is in advisory capacity in the constitution.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/nigerias-corporate-existence-under-threat-lawan/

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by Xscape1993(m): 5:56pm On May 26, 2021
You are also part of the threat. You are the worse Senate President in the history of Nigeria existence. You have succeeded in making the legislature part and parcel of the executive. Welldone sir.

288 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by owobokiri(m): 5:58pm On May 26, 2021
Look at who's talking...
This guy is a PhD holder oo
A former lecturer!
Yet, by far the worst Senate president!
That's what it looks like when you bring sophistication to idiocy in officialdom..

176 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by Banmeallday: 6:09pm On May 26, 2021
Does he know what “Corporate” even means?

Did England tell Scotland that Britain in under “Corporate” threat?

Foolish Niggers

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by leofab(f): 6:23pm On May 26, 2021
Hope this constitutional review isn’t a bait to push land ownership into federal government’ custody... ..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by Praxis758: 6:30pm On May 26, 2021
Under the threat of Fulani hegemony fuelled by their anachial mentality that that own the country.

Under the threat possed by the false document called 1999 constitution which some sectional military guys drafted to rape and inflict heavy progressive injuries on others.

Is under the threat of politicians who supper-impose their parasitic interest at the expense of others.

Under the threat of religious blindness, tribal jingoism and political gloom.

And finally under the threat of Buhari's divisive comments, appointments, policies and body language.

38 Likes

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by ThEGodFaThEr102: 6:34pm On May 26, 2021
No sir, being a rubber-stamp Senate President is number one threat to Nigeria’s corporate existence and also to her fledgling democracy

50 Likes

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by goodnessme1(f): 6:37pm On May 26, 2021
Nigeria must divide.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:45pm On May 26, 2021
[quote author]

[/b]“A criminal has only one name and that is criminal and not a repentant criminal. No criminal should have comfort in his ethnic enclave.

“Whoever, where that person is, once he is a criminal, he is simply a criminal and must be dealt with in the appropriate manner regardless of where he or she is coming from[b]
. [/quote]

This right here is a level 18 hypocrite.
After empowering bokoharam terrorists , setting up skill acquisition centre for terrorists. Telling us that repentant bokoharam terrorists can contest for president then you make a U-turn to preach justice ... Now you're telling me that a criminal has only one name and that is criminal not a repentant criminal.

Is this some kind of Taqqiyah?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by Racoon(m): 7:16pm On May 26, 2021
Of course, people like the overfed rubberstamp stooge buffoon talking are the number one threat to the corporate existence of a nation like Nigeria.This is because he has rather choose to remove the check and balance a responsible NASS should do in check mating executive recklessness and lawlessness.

12 Likes

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by IamFINESSE: 7:16pm On May 26, 2021
Fat pig

6 Likes

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by AmigoDeDon(m): 7:16pm On May 26, 2021
Ok
Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by winterfell007(m): 7:16pm On May 26, 2021
Mtcheww!!. Is it now you know? Newsflash: the corporate existence of Nigeria is coming to an abrupt end. Make everybody go bear e papa name. This country is utterly useless

6 Likes

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by princechiemekam(m): 7:17pm On May 26, 2021
shocked
Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by JovialJune(f): 7:17pm On May 26, 2021
Bubu was the genesis of the problem, he instigated it by mumuishly being mute because of his blood oath with cows and fulanis, coupled with his stinking body odour, then stooges like you fat full keep licking his bony ass as if being against the dumbo for a minute second by doing the right thing, will bring about your end, the result is where we are today.

9 Likes

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by Olatunji1929: 7:17pm On May 26, 2021
Let remove it from under threat and put it under disintegration,na our prayer be that

16 Likes

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by ogbuefi677(m): 7:17pm On May 26, 2021
Courtesy of you bloody puppet and your puppeteers in Aso rock

6 Likes

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by sureteeboy(m): 7:17pm On May 26, 2021
“Many have been the wise speeches of fools, though not so many as the foolish speeches of wise men.”

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by pascalbenz: 7:17pm On May 26, 2021
undecided
Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:17pm On May 26, 2021
owobokiri:
Look at who's talking...
This guy is a PhD holder oo
A former lecturer!
Yet, by far the worst Senate president!
That's what it looks like when you bring sophistication to idiocy in officialdom..
I don't know why northerners would not for once give Nigerians bright brains. Always ignoramuses.

11 Likes

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by Mikelarteta(m): 7:17pm On May 26, 2021
God will punish you. Is it by force?

6 Likes

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by Belial06: 7:17pm On May 26, 2021
angry
Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by eherbal(m): 7:17pm On May 26, 2021
It just occured to you? grin
Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by Muhylonaire007: 7:18pm On May 26, 2021
Lmao.. Good morning Oga Lawan, as day just break for una side. I say make I greet you sir.

3 Likes

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by jaxxy(m): 7:18pm On May 26, 2021
Any particular reason for that?

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by daddytime(m): 7:18pm On May 26, 2021
Hippo...

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by BF69BF: 7:18pm On May 26, 2021
Na now this one dey wake. Chai, thanks to ungun men known o, this guy would have slept till 2023.

3 Likes

Re: Ahmed Lawal: Nigeria’s Corporate Existence Under Threat by peace1992: 7:18pm On May 26, 2021
K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom To Start A Coconut Factory, Udom Signs Agreement (Photo) / How Buhari’s Low Bar Is Elevating Atiku - Farooq Kperogi / Tinubu Directs Inclusion Of National Open University Graduates In NYSC Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.