Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,407 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Sending A Female Child To Boarding House At 11what's Your Opinion? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sending A Female Child To Boarding House At 11what's Your Opinion? (484 Views)

Secondary School Boarding House List For Boys & Girls (Photo) / The Disadvantages Of Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools / Debate : Is Educating Female Child A Waste Of Resources? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sending A Female Child To Boarding House At 11what's Your Opinion? by omolola100(f): 8:16pm On May 26, 2021
One of my close church member has been complaining concerning their 11year old daughter who does'nt listen to them at home again, and she is becoming wayward.

The father has decided to send her to the boarding house so that she can learn good morals, so that she can become useful in life, mere looking at the situation of things, sending her to the hostel is not a best option, i have tried to advice them just to keep praying for her and then givie her good advice every morning, and also get a private tutor for her just to keep her busy, but the father insisted she is going to the boarding house.

I spent 4years in boarding house and i have experience a lot of things in the hostel, most especially the lesbian aspect, prostitution bla bla bla, i could still remember how one of my friend wanted to lure me into that but thank God i couldnt fall victim.

Do you think sending a 11year old female child to boarding house will make her learn good moral, and be responsible?
Is that the best step to take?
Re: Sending A Female Child To Boarding House At 11what's Your Opinion? by Alexaonfleek: 9:33pm On May 26, 2021
Boarding school isn't bad.
Most girls went to boarding school and they turned out fine.
But sending a child who is not well trained to a boarding school is a huge gamble......very risky.
She could turn out fine with the discipline of boarding school if she goes to a good one.
Or she could turn out even wayy worse than she is right now.
Let them train her properly at hole first.

1 Like

Re: Sending A Female Child To Boarding House At 11what's Your Opinion? by meobizy(f): 10:36pm On May 26, 2021
If the core is broken then no one can mend it. The parents should sit and examine themselves, there is something they're not doing right. I can bet 100% that the child will become wilder if they follow through. I don't know why boarding schools exist in Nigeria. Children should stay with parents until seventeen years of age. Many human beings are not fit to raise children, they only birth them because everyone else does so.

1 Like

Re: Sending A Female Child To Boarding House At 11what's Your Opinion? by Juliusmomoh: 11:49pm On May 26, 2021
Not a nice decision though... No school bad pass boarding school
Re: Sending A Female Child To Boarding House At 11what's Your Opinion? by BunmilaraR(f): 10:39am On May 27, 2021
I have never really been a fan of boarding school. What's the primary role of a parent in a child's life,that you have to give the child to strangers for training... parents just make unnecessary excuses these days.later, after graduation when water don pass garri they would complain again that the child is worse...
Re: Sending A Female Child To Boarding House At 11what's Your Opinion? by NL1960: 3:52pm On May 27, 2021
omolola100:
One of my close church member has been complaining concerning their 11year old daughter who does'nt listen to them at home again, and she is becoming wayward.

The father has decided to send her to the boarding house so that she can learn good morals, so that she can become useful in life, mere looking at the situation of things, sending her to the hostel is not a best option, i have tried to advice them just to keep praying for her and then givie her good advice every morning, and also get a private tutor for her just to keep her busy, but the father insisted she is going to the boarding house.

I spent 4years in boarding house and i have experience a lot of things in the hostel, most especially the lesbian aspect, prostitution bla bla bla, i could still remember how one of my friend wanted to lure me into that but thank God i couldnt fall victim.

Do you think sending a 11year old female child to boarding house will make her learn good moral, and be responsible?
Is that the best step to take?

When parents have failed in proper upbringing of a child, they now look for a boarding house to dump the child and when the child turns out worse, they will now say boarding house is bad. If a parent that stays with a child 24/7/365 cannot control and discipline a child, what made such a parent think that it somebody else in boarding house that will be able to control and discipline such a child?. It is what is learnt at home that is taken to boarding house. Learn bad behaviour at home, take bad behaviour to boarding house. Learn good behaviour at home, take good behaviour to boarding house.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

FUTMINNA Admission Into Postgraduate Programmes 2021/2022 Academic Session / Do You Know The Answer To These? / A Week Into Resumption, BSU Lock Students Out Over School Fees (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.