Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Pure Water Has Been Banned - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pure Water Has Been Banned (2402 Views)

How Much Is A Bag Of Pure Water In Your Area / Scarcity Of 'Pure Water' In Ilorin Over Impending Price Increase / Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pure Water Has Been Banned by Natasha2(f): 11:59am On Apr 30, 2011
lolz first of all forget about the topic no one has banned sachet water popurlarly known as pure water grin grin. What I want to know is do you think this should be banned considering the fact that almost every street you pass by there's so much litter of this sachet . My problem is not even if its hyginic cos one of my neighbours used to maufacture this water lolz they buy the sachet from where I don't know then fill in tap water and staple it lolz , But this pure water is a very serious issue almost all of us take it I do too once in a while, my mum hates it so much she has never tasted it shocked . She says if she had the power to she would have banned it lolz grin grin but joke apart this pure water is a big challenge to the environment I believe it is hindering Nigerian streets from being clean what do you think undecided
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by redsun(m): 2:04pm On Apr 30, 2011
Apart from the devastating environmental impacts the plastics in country like nigeria where street sanitation is a rocket science,drinking water like that breeds typhoid,cholera and all sort water borne diseases,they are not pure.Most of them comes from taps that run along side sewage drains,where pipes are submerge in sewage that slowly but surely socks into the pipes.
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by MissyB3(f): 10:28pm On Apr 30, 2011
Banning sachet water is not the best antidote to unclean enviroment. The roads in Nigeria aren't littered only with sachets of 'pure water'. There are candy wraps, cellophane, paper, cigarette butts, etcetera. Do these things get banned too?

There should be recycling bins on every corner of the road and the public should be educated to either take their litter home or use the recycling bin. This will help in keeping the environment clean.
Thorough street cleaning should be ensured for extended hours more regularly ( When I was in Naija it's used to be once in a month or 2, and it wasn't even properly supervised. Don't know if they still do it) .
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by redsun(m): 12:48am On May 01, 2011
Nobody teaches or compel people how to be clean and there is no special time for cleanliness.Nigerians have to take it upon themselves to make their environment clean,every second,minute,hour,week,month,year and for eternity.

The saying that cleanliness is nest to godliness is not a joke,for real.
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by redsun(m): 12:50am On May 01, 2011
Filthiness is the abode of demons.
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by obowunmi(m): 3:57am On May 01, 2011
How can they ban pure water, these idiots --- will the government provide water ?
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by Natasha2(f): 12:16pm On May 01, 2011
thanks to you all for your own contribution kiss
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by Natasha2(f): 12:21pm On May 01, 2011
@redsun where I stay the people are just too wicked no one comes out to clean the environment not even on sanitation days we are just the only ones who do it and its so difficult, the worse thing is that after cleaning the environment this people come back to litter the place and half of the refuse is this sachet water its so fraustrating.
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by MissyB3(f): 1:43pm On May 01, 2011
Natasha,,:

@redsun where I stay the people are just too wicked no one comes out to clean the environment not even on sanitation days we are just the only ones who do it and its so difficult, the worse thing is that after cleaning the environment this people come back to litter the place and half of the refuse is this sachet water its so fraustrating.
Exactly!
It's not about only where you stay, it's like that 'everywhere'. It's a common observation that people tend to take better care of their properties than those of the public, unless they are compelled to.

redsun:

Nobody teaches or compel people how to be clean and there is no special time for cleanliness.Nigerians have to take it upon themselves to make their environment clean,every second,minute,hour,week,month,year and for eternity.

The saying that cleanliness is nest to godliness is not a joke,for real.
We aren't talking about cleaning our individual houses. If I clean my house and you clean yours and Natasha cleans hers, who will clean the street? What is to say, without an authority to impel us, all or one of us wouldn't be reluctant to join in general cleaning? Or do we all clean our various houses and leave the streets littered?
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by tpia5: 8:26pm On May 01, 2011
so far, the greater problem is the litter from the pure water sachets, not the actual pure water itself.

so i think the pure water people have tried, all things considered [not knock on wood plz]- the main issue is how to better dispose of the plastic.
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by tpia5: 8:27pm On May 01, 2011
the worse thing is that after cleaning the environment this people come back to litter the place

true.

there should be more cleaning crews hired, imo.
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by Natasha2(f): 9:38pm On May 01, 2011
well truly after reading your comments its like the big problem is not even the sachet rather it is all those people who have just refused to be clean
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by Fhemmmy: 2:48pm On May 02, 2011
No need to ban it.
However, there is a need for them to make sure that the water are as pure as the name signifies
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by GeorgeD1(m): 4:05pm On May 02, 2011
natasha! what a way to get attention! angry
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by chiogo(f): 12:43am On May 04, 2011
lol thinking about it now, I wonder why it's called PURE water.  cheesy
I guess they're cheap and convenient esp under naija hot sun lol but I dunno if it's worth the typhoid like someone mentioned.

As for banning it, if truly the water is NOT PURE as I've now found out  tongue it should be banned but if not, sanitation on the people's part is really the issue. But then do they even put trash cans on the streets? That just leaves even right-thinking people with no option.
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by Natasha2(f): 2:00pm On May 05, 2011
George_D:

natasha! what a way to get attention! angry
shocked shocked shocked you don't have to be mad after all no one has banned your pure water cheesy
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by 702: 12:31pm On May 06, 2011
U cant ban the normal satchet water after all thats what the common man can afford. what we need is how to curb littering.
1. sensitize pple wiv use of public address systems
2. provision of waste bins @every nook n cranny
3. enrol the services of enforcement agencies for monitorin n nabbin
4. Huge fines shud be imposed on offenders

satchet water does not litter the streets, pple litter the streets.
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by obowunmi(m): 5:45pm On May 06, 2011
^^^^^ smartest post on this thread.
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by mamagee3(f): 9:59pm On May 07, 2011
Great for the environment!

Now, let's drink some clean water not trash.
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 08, 2011
702:

U cant ban the normal satchet water after all thats what the common man can afford. what we need is how to curb littering.

IA.
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by Natasha2(f): 11:05pm On May 08, 2011
mama-gee:

[color=deeppink]Great for the environment!

Now, let's drink some clean water not trash.
[/i]
[/color]
[i]emm its like you didn't read the post shocked no one has banned sachet water cheesy
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by Natasha2(f): 11:08pm On May 08, 2011
702:

beautiful  kiss BTW A jerry can of water is #10 compared to the little sachet which is also #10 so its not about what a common man can afford.
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by 702: 5:57pm On May 10, 2011
@Natasha. Its safe and hygienic , good quality. N10 is ok. anywai i pure 4 5bucks! cheesy
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by Natasha2(f): 8:15pm On May 10, 2011
lolz safe and hygienic, good quality?? I remember how pure water almost killed my uncle it wasn't funny at all
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by 702: 4:40pm On May 11, 2011
Natasha,,:

lolz safe and hygienic, good quality?? I remember how pure water almost killed my uncle it wasn't funny at all

Sowee! aniwai tis is 9ja anythin goes!
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by strangest(m): 6:48am On May 12, 2011
The Pure water companies can be pushed to use biodegradable materials for their water satchet or a recycle system should be developed,
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by Natasha2(f): 12:16pm On May 12, 2011
702:

Sowee! aniwai tis is 9ja anythin goes!
lolz I forgot that cheesy
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by Natasha2(f): 1:43pm On May 12, 2011
strangest:

The Pure water companies can be pushed to use biodegradable materials for their water satchet or a recycle system should be developed,
no offence meant but this is the first time I'm seeing you making a reasonable post shocked cheesy and that's great cheesy Zstanger , Fstranger wink cheesy
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by GeorgeD1(m): 4:50pm On May 13, 2011
Natasha,,:

shocked shocked shocked you don't have to be mad after all no one has banned your pure water cheesy

that's not enough reason to cry wolf where there is none.
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by Natasha2(f): 9:34pm On May 13, 2011
George_D:

that's not enough reason to cry wolf where there is none.
and who is crying wolf? duh I posted a topic and you said i'm trying to get attention I f I was is it this kind of topic I will post or is it Nl I will come to get attention undecided please spare me okay its not by force to comment on any topic cheesy
Re: Pure Water Has Been Banned by GeorgeD1(m): 12:52pm On May 14, 2011
hmmmm! natasha looks like your getting worked up? wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Foods To Help Break Your Fast During Ramadan / Nigerians Don't Know What CRAYFISH Is. Where Did This Wrong Labelling Come From? / Kenwood Cake Mixer For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.