Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Hypnosis: Does It Work? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hypnosis: Does It Work? (1376 Views)

The Power Of Hypnosis / Hypnosis / Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hypnosis: Does It Work? by layi(m): 2:51pm On Feb 09, 2006
Definition: Hypnosis is an alternative state of consciousness in which the attention of an individual is focused away from the present reality and towards particular images, thoughts, perceptions, feelings, motivations, sensations, behaviours or any combination of these.
www.nature.com/nri/journal/v4/n11/glossary/nri1486_glossary.html

I have read a lot about Hypnosis and its applications among men. I learned it gives people psychic abilities, the power to levitate, or other paranormal powers to change things considered incurable or extremely difficult to to achieve by physical scientists.

I also watched CBS news this morning and a documentary was shown which featured people who have lost weight through hypnosis.
Someone also claimed to have grown taller through hypnosis.

I want to know if such documentary was stage-crafted or has anyone in the forum got a first hand experience with hypnosis?

What do you think about HYPNOSIS ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hypnosis: Does It Work? by Seun(m): 9:00pm On Feb 09, 2006
I believe it works and that this is where "annointing" pastors who know how to make their disciples fall down get their "power". That's why it is easier for them to make people fall down than to heal malaria.
Re: Hypnosis: Does It Work? by Immortalme(m): 10:29am On Feb 23, 2006
Seun,

If it really works, can you tell me how. I want to grow taller than i am now.
Re: Hypnosis: Does It Work? by Seun(m): 10:38am On Feb 23, 2006
It can't make you taller but it can make you believe in aliens and do stupid things like barking like a dog on stage. Its effect is purely psychological. If hypnosis can be incorporated in a religious stage performance, I imagine that making people fall down while shaking as if possessed by evil spirits is within the realm of what can be achieved.
Re: Hypnosis: Does It Work? by Seun(m): 9:07am On Oct 08, 2006
Do you know that if you hold a cat by the neck it automatically goes limp? This mechanism is used by mother cats to move their children around safely. It's also used by Male cats to keep female cats calm during mating.

I think hypnosis works through a similar psychological mechanism. The brain is stimulated in a way that makes people receptive to all sorts of ridiculous suggestions. Moved to Religion, because of the implications.

Do you know that a chicken can be made to go to sleep ("hypnotised"wink when held in a certain way?
Re: Hypnosis: Does It Work? by luqxxee(m): 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2016
So does this explains why people fall in the church in the name of HOLY GHOST

(1) (Reply)

Virgin Mary: Why Did God Choose Her? / Continuation Of How To Command The Blessings Of God / The Many ‘sins’ Of Tb Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.