Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,821 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Children In Village Schools Are Suffering - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Children In Village Schools Are Suffering (220 Views)

Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into / Look At The New Trend Some Schools Are Getting Into - A Must See!!! / Command Secondary Schools Are A Place Of Terror – Old Student Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Children In Village Schools Are Suffering by JohnNgene: 8:34am On May 27, 2021
Let me begin by wishing every child a Happy Children's Day. Even though I wouldn't be surprised if the children living in our rural areas (more commonly known as "villages"wink are not celebrating it.

Have you ever visited the primary schools in your village? Mba! I don't mean the private primary schools o! I'm talking about the public primary schools. Those ones owned and run by the government.

Don't just drive or walk past them as I used to do before 2019. I would walk past those schools in my village and merely steal a glance at the signboard and buildings from afar. Most times, I couldn't even see the pupils because it was during the Christmas or Easter period and they were on holidays.

In May 2019, I got to enter the school compound and classrooms to take a closer look. That was because my uncle based abroad called me and asked me to join in the distribution of some items to the schools. He was a member and coordinator of the AMURRI USA a group formed to unite the people of Amurri living in America and contribute to the development of Amurri.

I was excited when he called me. I felt it was an honour to be trusted to be their eyes, hands and legs here in Nigeria. He connected me to the headmaster of a public primary school (in my own immediate community Ibute) who I was to work with. He sent funds with specific instructions on what to do with it and we carried out his instructions.

At the end of the project, we had delivered desks, whiteboards, school uniforms, exercise books, drum sets, teachers' chairs and tables to the seven (7) public primary schools in Amurri. A water tank was even provided for one of the schools. The children were filled with joy. Their teachers prayed for us. It was an eye-opening experience for me maka chi.

Before then, I didn't know how pitiable the condition of our government-owned primary schools were. The part that broke my heart the most was the lack of teachers. In some of the schools, one teacher had to teach two classes (e.g primary 1 and primary two) at the same time. If you think you're working too hard as a teacher here in the city or urban areas, go to the villages and meet the real heroes there biko.

Fast forward to this year 2021. I'm part of another NGO called the AMURRI YOUTH UNION. We're currently raising funds for another Amurri Public Primary Schools Intervention Project. We hope that the people of Amurri answer our call and partner with us to make it a success.

I'm telling this story to appeal to everyone: REMEMBER THE POOR CHILDREN IN YOUR RURAL AREAS. REMEMBER THE POOR PUPILS IN YOUR VILLAGE SCHOOLS.

You could carry out intervention projects like the type that AMURRI USA did in 2019. And if you don't have money, you could volunteer your time and energy to teach the pupils in those schools.

That, to me, is the best way to wish them a happy children's day.

Ngene Chibueze John (GANFUWA)

Re: Children In Village Schools Are Suffering by JohnNgene: 8:34am On May 27, 2021
Re: Children In Village Schools Are Suffering by JohnNgene: 8:34am On May 27, 2021

(1) (Reply)

NANS seeks speedy Presidential assent on upgrade of Ilaro Polytechnic / Controversial Medical Research Paper Topics You Should Know / Is Masters Of Science In Cell Biology And Genetics A Great Choice For PGD ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.