Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Land Problem, Advice - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Land Problem, Advice (244 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Land Problem, Advice by Born2conquer: 9:22am On May 27, 2021
We got a land somewhere in ogun state and the land owner has the Cof0 as way back as the 90s given to them by the bureau of lands.

The problem now is that on acquiring the land, a family stopped us from taking possession claiming the land belongs to them originally and that they’re not aware of the fact that government approved thr land as far back as 90s to someone and that as a fact, the case has been in court since.

What’s your thought since we paid already : should a family be disputing a land given by the government with the necessary government?
Re: Land Problem, Advice by Goldbw122(m): 9:24am On May 27, 2021
Don't worry the elders are coming to your rescue
Re: Land Problem, Advice by Born2conquer: 9:24am On May 27, 2021
I’ve been thinking since because I thought a CofO should supersede every other agreements. Why are these family coming up now?
Re: Land Problem, Advice by Johnames: 8:03pm On Aug 30, 2021
Born2conquer:
We got a land somewhere in ogun state and the land owner has the Cof0 as way back as the 90s given to them by the bureau of lands.

The problem now is that on acquiring the land, a family stopped us from taking possession claiming the land belongs to them originally and that they’re not aware of the fact that government approved thr land as far back as 90s to someone and that as a fact, the case has been in court since.

What’s your thought since we paid already : should a family be disputing a land given by the government with the necessary government?
hello
Re: Land Problem, Advice by Born2conquer: 8:03pm On Aug 30, 2021
Johnames:
hello
hi
Re: Land Problem, Advice by Johnames: 8:07pm On Aug 30, 2021
Born2conquer:
hi
bro good evening, sorry I have to bother you, just going through a thread where u stated u lost a huge amount of money, how were you able to handle the situation, because am going through such situation now, and it is very difficult for me
Re: Land Problem, Advice by Born2conquer: 8:18pm On Aug 30, 2021
Johnames:
bro good evening, sorry I have to bother you, just going through a thread where u stated u lost a huge amount of money, how were you able to handle the situation, because am going through such situation now, and it is very difficult for me
Can you quote me on the thread
Re: Land Problem, Advice by twinskenny(m): 8:43pm On Aug 30, 2021
Born2conquer:
I’ve been thinking since because I thought a CofO should supersede every other agreements. Why are these family coming up now?
they want money
Re: Land Problem, Advice by Born2conquer: 9:01pm On Aug 30, 2021
twinskenny:
they want money
Yes, we’ve been in negotiations with them

Looking forward to a favourable outcome from them
Re: Land Problem, Advice by sabawex(m): 3:48am On Nov 16, 2021
There is need to note that :
1 when you are buying land, the documents you need to look into is not just c.of .o but also deed of conveyance ,or deed of transfer, history of the land boundry ..l mean those whom your land share boundry with to determine authenticity of the true ownership.
2 on this present case you out to have done what we call land check and history. Before commiting your fund .
3.when a family lay claim to your land
It simply meas the title on the land that was used to sell the land is either backdated or not genuine
Because before c.of o will be issued such land must have been
A.advertised on daily new paper .

B.registered survey with pillar of survey erected on the land,
C.delaration of ownership in court,
D.valid deed of assignment
E.,stamp duty, etc

5 this case you need to hold your vendor into ransome ..l mean the seller must have to refund provided you have good sales contract.

6.the c.of .o should also be verified to know how genuine the said documents ( am doubt it is)

7you can call me more on more advice amd action 08037722526

(1) (Reply)

House For Sale At Elepe Ikorodu / Land For Sale In Anambra State. Buy Land In Awka, Nnewi, Onitsha, Oba, Umueri / Land In Oki-olodo, Off Iwo Road, Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.