Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Militants Abduct Another Child In Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Abduct Another Child In Rivers (844 Views)

Gunmen Behead Ukeoma In Emohua, Rivers And Abduct Another / BREAKING: Boko Haram Militants Abduct 400 Women, Children In N'east Damasak: / Bakassi Militants Abduct 28 Oil Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Militants Abduct Another Child In Rivers by smile4kenn(m): 5:37am On Jul 13, 2007
A three-year-old boy was on Thursday kidnapped by militants in Rivers State. The abduction of the boy occurred exactly a week after a three-year-old British girl, Margaret Hill, suffered a similar fate in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital. Little Miss Hill was freed on Sunday.

The boy, whose name was given as Samuel Amadi, was being driven to school in a Mercedes Benz jeep when four militants who were said to be in two cars struck at about 7am.

A pupil of Princess International School, located at Rumoudara, along the East/West Road, Samuel is the only male child of the Eze of Iriebe Kingdom, Dr. Francis Amadi.

The driver (names withheld) of the jeep told our correspondent that the gunmen blocked the vehicle along the East/West road and demanded to take Samuel.

The driver said, “I was taking the boy to school as I usually do, then some people, who were armed, used a Volvo to block me. All of a sudden, I heard a big sound on the glass door beside me. One of them entered and pointed a gun at my head.

“After another one entered the vehicle, they told me to drive on towards the University of Port Harcourt, with the Volvo following me. When we got to a bushy place, they took the boy and told me that I should go.

“They collected my mobile telephone so that I could not make any call. So, I came back to report.”

Our correspondent learnt that the police arrested the driver and a first year Computer Science student of the Rivers State University of Science and Technology.

This the source before Seun will warn me again:
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200707131393462
Re: Militants Abduct Another Child In Rivers by olamipo200(f): 8:21am On Jul 13, 2007
Will this ever stop?
Re: Militants Abduct Another Child In Rivers by ToToChoper: 5:01pm On Jul 13, 2007
Maybe the only way to get our legislooters to understand the gravity of the menace posed by the militia is to have the hoodlums abduct thier kids (legislooter's) one by one!!!
I am sure that when it gets to the point when the Rivers State governor's children or even Yaradua's grandkids become moving targets for those terrorist armed robbers, someone is going to do something about national security.
Re: Militants Abduct Another Child In Rivers by naijaway(m): 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2007
We need technology to counter these so called thieves called militants. Like the proven ones eg surveillance cameras, sound scans in the bushes, fingerprinting or biometrics, recognition techs, etc because left for our regular as e be in naija, this unnecessary acts is going to continue.
 Is only in Nigeria where a bunch of people can hold the whole nation to ransom which tells me how easy it was for the white men to take over and export people and resources just by a few acts of example. We are definately lacking in law, order, discipline, unity, values, and a solution to these problems and others.
 Thank God sha that the little boy has been released.

(1) (Reply)

Oil Price Is All Time High / Two Nigerians Arrested With Fake New Ghana Cedi Notes . / Thief Turaki To Thief Kalu! You Strong Oh!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.