Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:25 PM

Revealed: How Gov. Hope Uzodimma Averted Loss Of Lives In Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revealed: How Gov. Hope Uzodimma Averted Loss Of Lives In Imo State (546 Views)

Alaafin On End SARS: Buhari’s Failure To Address Protesters Led To Loss Of Lives / Dogara: How Gov Abubakar Boarded Commercial Vehicle To Dass To Stop Speaker- PDP / Atiku Sends Condolence Message To Nigerian Army Over The Recent Loss Of Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed: How Gov. Hope Uzodimma Averted Loss Of Lives In Imo State by Josepholome: 8:34am On May 28, 2021
By now it would've been in the front pages of all newspapers in Imo State, various national dailies, local and international websites, blogs, radio and television stations, all of them displaying and reporting that people have lost their lives in Imo State. As I sat down and thought deeply about this deaths aversion, I lifted up my hands and voice in praise to Almighty God!.

Fellow citizens of Imo State, I took notice that the 3000 capacity conference centre known as Imo International Conference Centre (IICC) at Warehouse junction Owerri, is no longer being used by people to host their events or used by the Imo State Government to host their functions. I said to myself, "why?"

I wondered, why will Governor Hope Uzodimma suddenly restrict hosting of any event that will have a lot of people inside that spacious building and only used that place to store and disburse Covid-19 relief palliatives?. I never knew he saw something most of us didn't see about that building. What an act of prescience!, This is what leaders are known for, they see the future ahead of their followers and prepare for it and even put things in place to protect their followers from dangers that may be in it. He averted the loss of lives of many Imo people.

Former Governor Rochas Okorocha said he spent 3 Billion Naira to build Imo International Conference Centre. That centre should be just 6 years old now but today, the 3 Billion Naira worth of a conference centre is among most of his projects built while he was in office that have collapsed after 5 years or 6 years and some 3years after they came into existence. Orji flyover is still laying inactive because it started collapsing even while the former governor was still on seat. The tunnels he built became deathtraps to the people and today they're being closed up by men trained as civil engineers.

What if people were not restricted from using that 3000 capacity Imo State International Conference Centre (IICC) before its collapse? Imagine a scenario where 3000 people or more lost their lives in a building collapse like this. God forbid!. Yet we still have such substandard projects littered in various communities in the State built for our primary school children...I weep. May more deaths be averted in Jesus name, amen. �

©️ Donald Vanguard
Citizen, Imo State

Re: Revealed: How Gov. Hope Uzodimma Averted Loss Of Lives In Imo State by Koryc: 8:44am On May 28, 2021
The Imo State International Conference Centre (IICC) is just a smear campaign, we know the collapse was political, how come other structures are standing.
Shallow governor.
Re: Revealed: How Gov. Hope Uzodimma Averted Loss Of Lives In Imo State by AlhajiNatty(m): 8:59am On May 28, 2021
Inasmuch as Hope Uzodimma isnt a saint, I can't help but concur with him on this one.
It is an open secret that Owelle designed Imo with death traps in the name of Projects.
A typical example is that shaking Flyover in Ugwu-Orji, just before Amawire if you're coming from Okigwe Road. I hope that disaster is averted before it happens. Rumours said Iwuanyanwu refused to let Okorocha's government touch any part of his land for the project even when they had chased away those hardworking mechanics in Mechanic Village. That Iwuanyanwu's Glass House is still standing aloft very close to that white Elephant project of a Flyover is indeed a testimony that he made the right decision.
Re: Revealed: How Gov. Hope Uzodimma Averted Loss Of Lives In Imo State by helinues: 9:00am On May 28, 2021
This one will just wake up and come up with something with no basis..

(1) (Reply)

Article 19 Of UN Charter & International Convenant On Civil And Political Right / Lai Muhammed,How Twitter Financed #ENDSARS Protest(video) / Rain, Thunderstorm Disrupt Police Inspector General’s Visit To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.