Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,779 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement (3521 Views)

Tinubu Appoints Orire Agbaje As Member Of Presidential Committee On Tax / Lagos Embarks On “Operation Show Your Planning Permit” (photos) / Fayose Has No Excuse Owing, No One Has Heard Of Ekiti IGR Since I Left - Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by sojiboy(m): 10:49am On May 28, 2021
EKIRS EMBARKS ON TAX COMPLIANCE ENFORCEMENT

Ekiti State Internal Revenue has embarked on tax compliance enforcement which began on Monday ,24th May, 2021.

This was made known by the Executive Chairman, Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service, Mr Olumuyiwa Ogunmilade while addressing newsmen in Ado Ekiti . According to him ,the enforcement named “Operation End Tax Evasion “ was aimed at ensuring compliance with Tax laws and also to ascertain the adequacy and compliance with Tax payment .

Mr Ogunmilade said the enforcement was not meant to victimize business owners but to ensure that all establishments captured in the tax net comply and pay what is due to the government .

He appreciated those who have been paying their dues into government coffers but also used the opportunity to appeal to those who have made tax evasion an habit or underpay to have a change of attitude so the state continues to enjoy the various development projects being witnessed across the state .

Ogunmilade said the erring businesses and stores have all had “NON COMPLIANCE” stickers pasted on their property stressing that it was imperative that those who claimed to have paid, provide their evidence of payment and those who have underpaid should pay up adequately.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=304788447890114&id=113755080326786

1 Like

Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by diplomat058(m): 1:04pm On May 28, 2021
Tax! Tax!! Tax!!!

Is there any other thing that these dumb and unintelligent Nigerian governments know other than to tax the miserably few industries and productive outfits? They never talk about real industrialization, capacity-enhancement, and other measures to nurture substantive economic growths. All these thieves-in-governments do is to dispatch some poorly educated scavengers out as tax officials to draw more money from the available businesses who are already choked with uncompetitive costs and low patronage.

Governance is a misadventure in Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by brosom(m): 1:04pm On May 28, 2021
All the tax the government are collecting everywhere, what are the positive results to show that the tax u and I are paying are useful?

Economy=0
Education=0
Development=0
Healthcare system=0
Security=0
Infact everything is zeroooo.

I really tire for this country o

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by saintruky(m): 1:04pm On May 28, 2021
Nice move
Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by Abboki: 1:04pm On May 28, 2021
Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by pascalbenz: 1:05pm On May 28, 2021
saintruky:
Could this be my very FTC since joining NL...
tongue
Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by FalseProphet1(m): 1:05pm On May 28, 2021
I have no prophesies concerning this matter. I will keep you guys updated on latest prophesies and events in the coming days.

Stay tuned.
Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by leofab(f): 1:06pm On May 28, 2021
H
Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by Earlystar698(m): 1:06pm On May 28, 2021
Skull mining would make up the IGR cheesy grin
Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by Naijakitvap10: 1:06pm On May 28, 2021
Reading...
Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by Thinktwicemybro: 1:09pm On May 28, 2021
Stop milking the poor

1 Like

Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by money121(m): 1:09pm On May 28, 2021
Ok
Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 28, 2021
rr
Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 28, 2021
nawa.. this is serious
Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by lasdoug: 1:12pm On May 28, 2021
vudssvhdh
Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by edutouruae7: 1:13pm On May 28, 2021
Na wa oo
Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by zanshi: 1:13pm On May 28, 2021
While every govt agencies is hell bent of tax, please have a progressive tax plan dont tax till you run business aground.

A tax biblical tax of 10% as proposed by the former US presidental candidate, Ben Carson is the tax plan every proposed. Back when i was in Uni, we did a course on Taxation and how the soviets were taxed, corporations and Govt would sit on a roundtable and figure out how much tax is comfortable for their company to pay, and in turn you are not under any undue pressure.

But in todays faulty economy govt wants to levy any amount they feel you can pay on you while you run a rat race trying to pay them.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 28, 2021
The Nigerian government wants to collect taxes but doesn't want to be accountable. Someone needs to tell them that taxation and accountability go hand in hand.

People loyally pay their taxes promptly when they know where the taxes are going.

You don't collect taxes from people and refuse to be accountable

You don't collect taxes with the "aid" of third parties like Alpha Beta either for a cut of the recovered funds.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by Chijeep(m): 1:15pm On May 28, 2021
K
Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by bigdammyj: 1:17pm On May 28, 2021
Noted
Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by mrvitalis(m): 1:19pm On May 28, 2021
I don't know why governors find it difficult to tax ....

Register all business in the state through an online registration process like jamb store that in a data base
Let every business have an identity number ...after 6 months u refuse to register fine 2,000,000 or u lose your business ...from shoe maker to akara fryer every body should be registered ...free registration just ,i.d , passport n tump print
Based on business type send tax direct to business ,they can only pay with their id ...direct to state account ...the lowest can pay up to 2500 every month to millions

No southern states won't be able to raise 30 billion to 100 billion every month
Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 28, 2021
So how many shops have you people locked in Ado Ekiti ?

Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by oyeb15: 2:56pm On May 28, 2021
No industry, No employment, No security, but the only thing Ekiti government knows is taxing poor business owners.

Most of these funds are no remitted to government cofers but cornered into accounts of those agencies Directors and DFAs especially that Ekiti State Signage Agency.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by PHAYOL81: 4:36pm On May 28, 2021
@ oyeb15, i think that's part of the challenges being planned to rectified.
I won't be surprised if close to 20% of igr in Lagos itself ends up untapped by the LASG and thus getting milked by some opportunists. Imagind if markets and bus stations levies are properly monitored, collated, collected and sustained, Lagos should be posting at worst N600b every quarter.
Anyway, i'm likewise optimistic of a very vibrant future with the state partnership focus with various businesses for sustainable growth and economy.
If only other states could start thinking outside the box too. Of course, you want tax compliance but you also want steady growth hence the need to drive manufacturing and commerce.
Mind you, Lagos itself need to do a lot better.
Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:38pm On May 28, 2021
Squeeze your people and send them proceeds to Abuja,
Mumu leaders
Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by saintruky(m): 4:57pm On May 28, 2021
pascalbenz:
tongue

Winch lolzz
Re: Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement by pascalbenz: 5:20pm On May 28, 2021
saintruky:

Winch lolzz
hehehe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu's Certificate Forgery Scandal Resurfaces (Pictures) / Alex Otti Is More Celebrated Than Tinubu / Gani's Family Releases Ribadu's Visit Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.