Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? (19901 Views)

How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? / See Condition A Debtor Gave A Man On Paying Back The Money He Owned Him (pics) / What's The Best Way You Ever Dealt With A Debtor Who Refused To Pay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by West2019(m): 7:25am On May 29, 2021
studM:

Bros I also get issues like dt 2,I don't mind private if u wnt on mine,tnx
inbox me ur number
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by Nobody: 7:26am On May 29, 2021
West2019:
inbox me ur number
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by Obakashdee(m): 7:26am On May 29, 2021
saphiere:
Pray over it.

Lol my dad has been praying over the debt of about 1 million Naira someone is owing him and refused to pay for like 2012 till now and the person doesn’t even pick his call again. Na everything be pray over it? I just look at him today when he prays Over stuffs like that. Well what do I know?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by Ajeyo(m): 7:29am On May 29, 2021
Use a lawyer that will get a court paper to freeze his account and he will come begging,it works like magic.

I have an acre of land for sale in Adamo side in IKORODU for 1.5m.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by Obakashdee(m): 7:31am On May 29, 2021
nedekid:
Unfortunately you are at his mercy.
You best option is to go make wahala in his office or home. Don't go alone, If you have a military buddy willing to go along, that is a plus.
The proper thing is to sue the guy, but that is a no no. For how much naa?
Going to police nko? He has so far not committed a crime I think. Maybe you can get him to give you a post dated cheque for your balance that will bounce, then that is a crime you can use police to hold him.
As it is, if you go to police, they will give him a payment plan(at most). Half of your money will disappear.
If he is charged to court, he can say he will pay 1k a month for next 10 years!
So, your best bet is to go to do small wahala.

You see that court pay 1k for 10 years is a very absurd way of solving issues

Same thing my dad didn’t want to take his debtors to court, na the debtor Dey even threaten my dad that if he takes him to court, anytime he tells the court he wants to Pay that’s when he will pay

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by studM(m): 7:40am On May 29, 2021
West2019:
inbox me ur number

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by nedekid: 7:47am On May 29, 2021
Obakashdee:

You see that court pay 1k for 10 years is a very absurd way of solving issues

Same thing my dad didn’t want to take his debtors to court, na the debtor Dey even threaten my dad that if he takes him to court, anytime he tells the court he wants to Pay that’s when he will pay
Best thing is to avoid wahala. Don't put yourself in such position. Don't loan people money. Give only what you can afford to loose. Don't venture into any agreement where you have to pay anyone upfront except you are fully protected. Don't do any ajor ie contributions without each person dropping a postdated check for the collection date except in an organized company.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by Emeka71(m): 9:07am On May 29, 2021
blizard44:

Nwa nna,

Just like that?

I went through hell to put this money together .

I'm not a yahoo boy. I'm a thoroughbred hustler.

My hand be like sandpaper where I dey grind for the bar .

I should just let go ? shocked
You just have to because your life is not based on that money and besides GOD knows how to provide your needs; even I am experiencing the same thing.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by ikezudon(m): 9:28am On May 29, 2021
This is also one of the problems of Nigeria. OP go over to his house or office and take something of similar value.

In other news, read this before you choose granite or marble countertop for your kitchen oo

https://thearchitect.com.ng/granite-marble-countertops/
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by DedeNkem: 9:35am On May 29, 2021
blizard44:
Hi, all.

I recently tried building a business that didn't fly .

I had partnered with someone to raise funding for a mini bus to be used for intra city transport .

The arrangement was one that I had to make a down payment of 400,000 and he will get me the vehicle after which I will repay in installments.

Long story short, after I signed the agreement papers, made the transfer and was expecting the vehicle in few days , he suddenly started acting funny.

I will call without end and he will leave the line unanswered.

Whenever he manages to pick up, it's one story of how his manager is sick or his child is dieing , so there is no way he could go to Ladipo.

I sensed that he was playing games and asked him to refund my money after three weeks of scanty and almost inexistent communication. And that's how the main drama started.

He would instruct me to forward my account number, go and meet this and go and meet that.

With bloodshot eyes , I stormed his office on Sunday and managed to wrench 225,000 from him after a laborious try.
Now , my 175,000 is suspended on heavy balloons of spurious promises .

I have been thinking of going to the police but nothing will come out of it considering how entwined he is with the local police force .

When push comes to shove, I'm aware they might direct that he pay me over the next ten years in coins and cowries grin.l .

But I don't want that.

The other option is to go there and do werey. cool To exert physical force . But im security go overpower me. And I don't leave without a fight. So it will be bloody.

One of the topics from Islamic section on the front page admonishes against anger and enjoins us to brood over the possible consequences of our intended actions.

So, this one too has Kleg. cheesy

Have you ever been in my shoe ?

What do you suggest I do?

The money in question is my home and abroad.
My last card!

And a confrontation will sooner or later ensue.

How do I go about this with minimal friction and prompt response from him?

You should have been sure the mini bus was on ground for you to claim after signing agreement and paying the money! That's a common sense!

For your remaining money (₦175,000), you must report him to his boss. If this doesn't work out, then you must forcefully seize something from him that worths more than that amount. And make sure you don't do it alone.

Good luck.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by Blackdisciple(m): 10:12am On May 29, 2021
Princewell2012:

I can bet you that plan won't work again he might even end up collecting a serious beaten on top his money

Hmmmm...!
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by Bunmhi(f): 11:21am On May 29, 2021
Keep on pestering him
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by savanto: 1:44pm On May 29, 2021
Sicilyjoe:
Someone is owning me close to 400k and she is doing me turn turn, I don't know if can use a shrine to recover my money any solution

This may not work for every debtor as many Nigerian are deities themselves, they aren’t afraid of threats.
I have a lot of them owing me huge sums but the energy to go after them is what I lack. I have used police for some but it didn’t work, instead I kept spending more money.

All these I have seen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by Sicilyjoe: 2:11pm On May 29, 2021
savanto:

This may not work for every debtor as many Nigerian are deities themselves, they aren’t afraid of threats.
I have a lot of them owing me huge sums but the energy to go after them is what I lack. I have used police for some but it didn’t work, instead I kept spending more money.

All these I have seen.

If she fail to pay me this time around I will summon courage and go to a shrine, is the more money am going to spend is what am avoiding, she supposed pay me back by Dec, she postpone it to feb, from feb to April, now from April to July ending which if any other story I will make the move
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by OdogwuBlog: 3:25pm On May 29, 2021
vesselchino:
Wow first to comment since seun invented nairaland
My ba3 is down to 1%. But I'll give you tips on how to Abeg App recover your money from debtor.
Firstly, you have to
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by CapitalBank: 6:20pm On May 29, 2021
ictjobber:
Lending money to a Nigerian is human, collecting it back is divine
A friend collected 50k, with insult. I will spend 1M to haunt him down until I get him from his hiding. If na him wife dem nab, I no send. I will teach that bastard never to take anybody's gentility for granted.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by Aimolatunde1(m): 9:27pm On May 29, 2021
I have a similar case.
There is this guy I lent some money early this year. I had just gained employment in the company (Silver Freight) in Kaduna. His father, a former Kaduna senator owns the company. so I lent him the money with the assurance that we both work there and that his father was his suretee. He was supposed to pay back the following week. Little by little, 1 week enter two, he was giving one excuse upon the other until I had to leave the company (I only used six weeks in the company) due to verbal abuse and unhealthy work culture. He stopped picking my calls at some point, His father barred my number after explaining to him.

His father is former senatoe aliyu lawal, he has a sister in the army so there is no threat that can get to him...
Guy still never pay me till now.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by oluwatosin070: 8:01am On May 30, 2021
ArewaFanatic:

I do work in a new generation bank sir as a customer service officer and can very well tell you that your suggestion is dead on arrival. Put in simpler words, it will not work. At best, Op would be asked to report the case at a local police station with the assurance that "the bank would render any assistance law enforcement agencies may need throughout the course of their investigations". I have used this "sweet line" myself to politely turn down requests similar to this one. It is not a bank's business to launch fraud investigations simply because a deal went south.
Dear Op, your bank is not a solution. Dont waste your time going there over this. I pray you do recover your money via some other means.

How about you liaise with your Internal Audit department for my detailed explanation above, maybe you will understand better if your member explains to you.

Do you actually know the term used for this type of Fraud?
Why do you as a customer service, think it's dead on arrival whereas you as a customer service receives Fraud complaints and escalate to the fraud unit in your organization..
Sir, if it's beyond your jurisdiction, just ask and you will be enlightened..

Did you read the part where I said he will need a police report?
Like I said earlier, ask and you will be enlightened.. Never jump into conclusion..
We know our jobs better than others..

Cheers
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by SavageResponse(m): 5:37pm On May 30, 2021
Aimolatunde1:
I have a similar case.
There is this guy I lent some money early this year. I had just gained employment in the company (Silver Freight) in Kaduna. His father, a former Kaduna senator owns the company. so I lent him the money with the assurance that we both work there and that his father was his suretee. He was supposed to pay back the following week. Little by little, 1 week enter two, he was giving one excuse upon the other until I had to leave the company (I only used six weeks in the company) due to verbal abuse and unhealthy work culture. He stopped picking my calls at some point, His father barred my number after explaining to him.

His father is former senatoe aliyu lawal, he has a sister in the army so there is no threat that can get to him...
Guy still never pay me till now.

Next time do not lend money to a person just because his relative hold an important position, they are usually the worst debtors
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by Kaypeeboss(m): 7:20pm On May 30, 2021
DedeNkem:

You should have been sure the mini bus was on ground for you to claim after signing agreement and paying the money! That's a common sense!

For your remaining money (₦175,000), you must report him to his boss. If this doesn't work out, then you must forcefully seize something from him that worths more than that amount. And make sure you don't do it alone.

Good luck.

Go spiritual...for a little fee,baba ll come and drop the money with abeg
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by DedeNkem: 8:23pm On May 30, 2021
Kaypeeboss:

Go spiritual...for a little fee,baba ll come and drop the money with abeg

That shit doesn't work.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by ArewaFanatic(m): 11:45pm On May 30, 2021
oluwatosin070:

How about you liaise with your Internal Audit department for my detailed explanation above, maybe you will understand better if your member explains to you.

Why do you as a customer service, think it's dead on arrival whereas you as a customer service receives Fraud complaints and escalate to the fraud unit in your organization..

Like I said earlier, ask and you will be enlightened.. Never jump into conclusion..

Cheers

In the past, I would have been willing to go into a long argument over this. But then, I have learnt that two "experts" arguing hardly helps in remedying any issue. If anything, arguments muddy the waters and leave everybody following confused. And aside cementing some feeling of superiority, this conversation would do neither you nor I any benefit. I beg to pull out.
Op is free to take your advice, no less than he is to take mine. Whatever he does, the most important thing is that he retrieves his money from his debtor. You and I would have been part of the journey in helping him do that should he be successful.
Cheers bro
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by mojounited(m): 7:40pm On Jun 30, 2021
oluwatosin070:

Cheers
Hi Oluwatosin, I'd like to get in touch with you please. I need to retrieve 920k from a fraudulent person I once called a friend. Please get in touch with a reply to this message so I can drop my mail...
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by oluwatosin070: 9:32pm On Jun 30, 2021
mojounited:

Hi Oluwatosin, I'd like to get in touch with you please. I need to retrieve 920k from a fraudulent person I once called a friend. Please get in touch with a reply to this message so I can drop my mail...

Hi mojounited,

Please send me a mail on sammio4luv@gmail.com
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by mojounited(m): 11:12pm On Jun 30, 2021
oluwatosin070:

Hi mojounited,

Please send me a mail on sammio4luv@gmail.com
Noted, thank you. You will have a mail from by morning.
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by studM(m): 3:40pm On Jul 20, 2021
West2019:
inbox me ur number

08023661046,it's also my WhatsApp number
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by SavageResponse(m): 5:13pm On Jul 20, 2021
nedekid:

Best thing is to avoid wahala. Don't put yourself in such position. Don't loan people money. Give only what you can afford to loose. Don't venture into any agreement where you have to pay anyone upfront except you are fully protected. Don't do any ajor ie contributions without each person dropping a postdated check for the collection date except in an organized company.

A postdated cheque is completely useless if the account is not funded
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by nedekid: 6:59pm On Jul 20, 2021
SavageResponse:

A postdated cheque is completely useless if the account is not funded
Yeah, but it's 7 years jail term without (option of fine) to issue a bounced cheque (unfunded account).
Do you get the drift?
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by SavageResponse(m): 10:33pm On Jul 20, 2021
nedekid:

Yeah, but it's 7 years jail term without (option of fine) to issue a bounced cheque (unfunded account).
Do you get the drift?

In Nigeria people issue dud cheques all the time especially prominent Nigerians who one expects to know better.

I'm sure you will not be able to mention the name of one person in Nigeria who has ever been sent to jail for 7 years for issuing a dud cheque in Nigeria if I ask you

Personally I feel that post dated cheques are as useless as the "P" in the word "Psychology" in Nigeria because there is no guarantee that the account will be funded on the date you present the cheque

if you have no faith in the integrity of the counter-party then make sure you don't rely on post dated cheques alone

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by OmarEl(m): 9:39pm On Jul 21, 2021
Dashlish12:
umuoji village in idemili North Anambra state to see a very good friend of mine. Less than 48hrs later, the idiot returned my money with Abeg. Pls bro have sent u a mail concernin this cuz i need some clarity. Thank u

I need Your assistance too Sir!
Someone I did business with Since March has been owing 950k till now!
He has been giving me excuses!
Even now,There’s no way I can even reach him because he blocked all my lines and my social media handles
Re: How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? by ArewaFanatic(m): 3:13am On Jul 22, 2021
Guys, the only two ways you can recover funds transferred into an account that do not belong to you are via court orders and some process known as "funds recall". And business deals which went south or money owed and never paid are not classified as fraudulent, not by any law I know of. Even banks have to cope with the phenomenon of NPLs (Non-performing Loans). I do not wish to be a spoilsport, but wishing that a bank would transfer money from their client's account to yours (without his consent) simply because you claim he is indebted to you is just what it is - a wish. I will warn anyone against going through the agonizing process I have watched so many go through. As long as a bank is involved, law enforcement agencies must come in, that is if you want to recover your money.
There is something military boys call 'signal'. Knowing about it might be helpful for those whose debtors are in the army.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AMCON Takes Over Afrijet Airlines / Four Common Financial Mistakes Most People In Nigeria Make / CBN Forex Policy: Local Manufacturers Happy As Production And Sales Leap By 50%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.