Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo (54605 Views)

Naked Unknown Gunman Hailed In Owerri As He Entertains Imo Residents / Another Security Formation Attacked In Rivers State, Soldiers Feared Killed / Bandits Attack Military Outpost In Marina, Katsina, Many Soldiers Feared Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by guru90: 10:40am On May 29, 2021
kingthreat:
I know IPOB and 90% of Igbos will celebrate this news. Just know that Nigerian Army will use both innocent an non-innocent people to count scores. Una think say conflict na joke. Nigerian army gets thousands of recruitment every month.

Are you ok?
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by dvkot(m): 10:41am On May 29, 2021
PeaceforNigeria:
Nothing to rejoice here, the cowardly soldiers will take their revenge on innocent civilians as usual. Nothing to rejoice about.
so that's the tactics of your beloved brave soldiers?
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by NikAustine: 10:41am On May 29, 2021
kissdabride:
But not within America that one thing terrorist sympathizer like you failed to understand but don't worry it is gradually coming to your doorstep then you will be shouting FG and international community for help
No country can defeat it own citizens.
You forget that this time others parts of Nigeria won't fight for Nigeria. Igbo soldiers will leave the army. Southerners that have soft spot for Igbos will leave too.
Millitants will start blowing up pipelines.. Nigeria will crumble
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by Earlystar698(m): 10:45am On May 29, 2021
ZIAZI:

And after the career politicians, you? Have we gotten to the stage where we care less about lives?

Ask the terrorist security agencies that question
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by Earlystar698(m): 10:46am On May 29, 2021
Marpol2021:
the ugm will soon turn to your family members and test their ak49 on them. after that,your eyes will be open.

Cry me a river grin
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by NikAustine: 10:47am On May 29, 2021
paramakina202:

They need their commander in chief on the ground.He promised to come back to Nigeria to lead the war within 12 days,so lets see if the scammer will keep to his promise. grin
Didn't Buhari also promised to lead from the front? Tell me where is he? Is he not supposed to be in sambisa to?
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by Chukapage(m): 10:49am On May 29, 2021
duni04:

This is a very wrong and misleading analogy. If you go back and read about those wars that you mentioned, the Americans and Russians had fewer casualties than the people they fought. Except you're happy with the Nigerian
Army demolishing and destroying the entire South East and killing everyone there like they did in 1967 - 1970, i suggest you rethink your advise
lol I bet we'll fold our hands and watch? Pray for peace a second civil war in Nigeria is going to be M.A.D (Mutually assured destruction) Kano will contact Kastina will contact Kaduna will contact. Everyone will go down. I'm yet to talk of ISWAP and Biko haram taking opportunity. Even the Middle belt full blown conflict between their Militias and Herdsmen. Nobody will win na make you know. So stop Imagining a whole region can be wipe out without fire everywhere. Ordinary middle belt conflict already as Engulfed Naija.
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by duni04(m): 10:50am On May 29, 2021
Stkilda:

Nope, that didn’t happen in 1966. We wouldn’t be having this conversation had it happened.
A group of majority igbo army officers killed the political elite in the north. The reprisal attacks against the igbos in the north culminated in the events that led to the war in '67. I don't forsee anything different happening. Igbos have lived in the north for generations. Are they prepared lose everything again when another war happens?
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by Okoyouth: 10:50am On May 29, 2021
The saints at it again, saint unknown gunmen
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by paramakina202: 10:52am On May 29, 2021
NikAustine:
Didn't Buhari also promised to lead from the front? Tell me where is he? Is he not supposed to be in sambisa to?

So Nnamdi Kanu is as corrupt and dishonest and unreliable as disgraced Nigeria politicians?
Why are you guys dying for him then?
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by Betscoreodds: 11:00am On May 29, 2021
paramakina202:

They need their commander in chief on the ground.He promised to come back to Nigeria to lead the war within 12 days,so lets see if the scammer will keep to his promise. grin

But buhari the terrorist promised u he would lead boko fight
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by duni04(m): 11:03am On May 29, 2021
NikAustine:
But he just told you the truth. Forget the supposed insult and reason it. Black man reason bro.
Nigeria can't afford to fight the East.
For eg, country A won't be happy if country B( it neighbor) goes into war cause he knows it will affect it.

Same way, A war in the East will get into the Niger delta ( the cash cow of Nigeria) militants will start bombing pipelines.. our economy will fall.
Iswap will see it as an opportunity to invade Abuja and they will.. now Nigeria will be fighting on two fronts.

Don't forget, the Igbos already in the army will not want their land to be destroy so certainly they will be mutiny in the army.
But if we are to look at precedence, the Nigerian Army has successfully defeated a succession attempt in the east before. Then Biafra had an organised army consisting mostly of former Nigerian soldiers. They also took full control of former Nigerian army assets in the East. Biafra was also larger geographically as it included present day Akwa Ibom, Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa, with all their oil resources. Today Biafra is just a few majority igbo states and the Niger Delta states have openly dissociated themselves from Biafra. There is no access to the sea for supplies incase you want to smuggle weapons in from friendly states like Ojukwu did. There is also no access to border areas like Cameroon, like Ojukwu had, incase you want to smuggle in weapons like Ojukwu also did. Today's Biafra is landlocked and surrounded by Nigerian territory. Any kind of conflict will result in very massive casualties, far greater than the civil war in the 60's. I think it is cheaper for the Igbos to pursue succession through other means. Any kind of conflict with the rest of Nigeria will be a sucide mission. They can't win.
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by Nobody: 11:05am On May 29, 2021
mrvitalis:

Firstly it's living in the bush

If u know the distance between the people and politicians in the east u won't even say what u are saying
Leave the illiterate mumu. He doesn't know that Igbo politicians are like outcasts to Igbo people. Where was when Igbos harassed Ekweremadu in abroad?
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by Betscoreodds: 11:07am On May 29, 2021
The white men are praying for us to fight remember Bill gates wish to reduce world population
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by Chukapage(m): 11:08am On May 29, 2021
duni04:

A group of majority igbo army officers killed the political elite in the north. The reprisal attacks against the igbos in the north culminated in the events that led to the war in '67. I don't forsee anything different happening. Igbos have lived in the north for generations. Are they prepared lose everything again when another war happens?
That's the more reason you should fear IGBOS are SECOND to the Indigenous populace anywhere they Go. Imagine millions of Igbo IPOB Sympathizers in Kano and Kaduna . EXPERIENCED Igbos who know your next move and most probably already armed waiting for you to burn down your own regions in the FAR North. You think a second civil war will be walk over ?? You better wake up even sambisa go hot for both ISWAP and Biko haram if what you wish start happening. Igbos resisted the South Africans in numbers in Far away South Africa during the Xenophobia madness. A next civil war is Mutually assured Destruction. Infact Nigeria CAN'T afford it.
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by paramakina202: 11:12am On May 29, 2021
Betscoreodds:

But buhari the terrorist promised u he would lead boko fight

Why worry over Buhari,I thought he is dead according to clowns like you?

1 Like

Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by ofem89(m): 11:17am On May 29, 2021
cheruv:
Nsọ nsọ shocked
what's the meaning of this nso nso unjust killing of any person is unlawful they have families that won't be Pleased hearing this and u here typing rubbish
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by NikAustine: 11:19am On May 29, 2021
duni04:

But if we are to look at precedence, the Nigerian Army has successfully defeated a succession attempt in the east before. Then Biafra had an organised army consisting mostly of former Nigerian soldiers. They also took full control of former Nigerian army assets in the East. Biafra was also larger geographically as it included present day Akwa Ibom, Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa, with all their oil resources. Today Biafra is just a few majority igbo states and the Niger Delta states have openly dissociated themselves from Biafra. There is no access to the sea for supplies incase you want to smuggle weapons in from friendly states like Ojukwu did. There is also no access to border areas like Cameroon, like Ojukwu had, incase you want to smuggle in weapons like Ojukwu also did. Today's Biafra is landlocked and surrounded by Nigerian territory. Any kind of conflict will result in very massive casualties, far greater than the civil war in the 60's. I think it is cheaper for the Igbos to pursue succession through other means. Any kind of conflict with the rest of Nigeria will be a sucide mission. They can't win.
Forget what some people say here bro. I can tell you, we in the Niger delta might not like BIAFRA o but we won't stop the Igbos from gaining access to our seaport.
You forget that Igbos also form a large no's of the Niger delta people.

By the way, this is not 1967.... This time it will be different. No country has successfully gone through two civil war and remain one.
The UN will come in an finally divide Nigeria to keep the peace because definitely with the amount of Igbos in diaspora they will be to much pressure on the UN to do something.

And you forget Nigeria is also fighting a war in the north... Iswap will see an opportunity to strike and strike hard and they will. We heard they're already in Niger state.. imagine what else then.

Bro think. You can even see what I'm trying to tell you, shey in Rivers, Delta ( Niger delta states) are there no unknown Gunmen killing?

Now let's come to the economy aspect.. a war in the East will engulf the whole Niger delta too from Rivers, to delta to Bayelsa even to Akwa ibom.. especially in Rivers and Delta where Igbos hold significant presence there. They will destroy pipelines and Nigeria Economy will crumble.

Now if Nigeria call on China, the US will be on BIAFRA side( remember the US no like China and there is competition between them)
So will Britain and other US allies stand with BIAFRA.. now Even France will be happy, they will see it as an opportunity to reduce the power of Nigeria in Africa..
A divided Nigeria does that for them

3 Likes

Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by NikAustine: 11:20am On May 29, 2021
paramakina202:

So Nnamdi Kanu is as corrupt and dishonest and unreliable as disgraced Nigeria politicians?
I'm no Igbo, no ipob but I support a people's right to self determination
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by Elliotwaveforec: 11:20am On May 29, 2021
kettykin:

If innocent civilians are killed, the ugm camp will swell by 1 million % and will be driven by people who lost relatives , the 10th century military will not cope . They will have to invent another starvation policy to win the next war

If civilians are killed by the useless military, millions of volunteers will join the UGM and the military can't cope.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by NikAustine: 11:21am On May 29, 2021
paramakina202:

I'm no Igbo, no ipob but I support a people's right to self determination.

Well, I'm sure he will come to BIAFRA land at the heat of the crisis...for now.. it isn't time yet. He is bidding his time
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by shameonyou(m): 11:21am On May 29, 2021
360degreess:
Just say what is on your mind, that is;" Army can't win against ipob terrorists right"?.. keep supporting ipob terrorists.Remember what happened in Borno, the indigenes started by supporting Boko Haram.But what happened later?..Well I trust the Nigerian Army,they will destroy your fellow ipob terrorists.And when they do, you people will start crying for help from international community.
one day this ipob matter wey u carry for head so go surely give u HIGH BLOOD PRESURE o...
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by emapeteum(m): 11:22am On May 29, 2021
[quote author=cybersoldiers post=102150819]Egbe NTU 101.

Nigerian military should have common sense.

You can't win against the citizens.

You can't win the masses.[/quote

Of course, but be careful with the military. I hope Kanu and his people will be able to fight Nigerian military in combat. You guys are so lucky, not OBJ administration where military would have level that part of Owerri with a state of emergency.
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by freshvine(f): 11:23am On May 29, 2021
duni04:

NO PRICE IS TOO MUCH FOR FREEDOM
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by pacespot(m): 11:24am On May 29, 2021
The lives of seven young men killed in rivers state paid for. The thing is that these soldiers they killed also are youth, so young men are paying for the sins committed by old politicians. When violence erupted, the youths are often the victims because they are picked up for target. Old men like Tinubu will be walking and talking boastfully to the media, his uncultured wife just verbally assaulted a woman. The people without any brain but ego are ruling this country.
Re: 5 Soldiers Feared Dead In Owerri As Unknown Gunmen Strike Again In Imo by CoolAmbience(m): 11:25am On May 29, 2021
awgumayor:
If it is true then, good news." Kwa ubochi kwa ubochi ka ite ji- esi isi ewu, mama ofu ubochi n' afo ewu tuwaa ite o na- akpotu"

Wen e go set nor run o.

Una wey dey applaud this madness.

No one or group can be mightier than a nation.

Save my comment 'cos I will remind you when you start shouting 'blue murder' 'armless innocent people' and 'extra judicial killing'.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Subsidy Removal Won’t Take Immediate Effect - Tinubu Clarifies / Kano Obidients Mount Billboard For Peter Obi Ahead Of His Birthday Celebration / FG Begins Cash Transfer To 200,000 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.