Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome (3411 Views)

Construction Journal: Whitestreet Gardens By Jarus Homes / Construction Journal: XL6 Trillion | Atrium House / PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 7:12pm On Jun 22, 2021
Unit B2

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 7:13pm On Jun 22, 2021
Unit A2

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 9:15pm On Jun 24, 2021
Columns and Slabwork

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 3:23pm On Jun 25, 2021

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 8:23am On Jun 27, 2021

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2021
Updates

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 3:01pm On Jun 27, 2021
Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 5:59am On Jun 28, 2021

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 7:29am On Jun 28, 2021
Are you a game changer? Take advantage of this opportunity.

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 12:46pm On Jun 28, 2021
Tidying Up The Reinforcement

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by jabolo(m): 1:43pm On Jun 28, 2021
n3xt:

More like it. Crawlspace to use as dog kennel or bonus space for junks/unused items.

@n3xt, seems to me an opportunity was missed to enhance the utility of this 'crawlspace' before topping the foundation slab. Y'know - Leveling the ground, some blinding or even basic interlocking?

Left as it was, it could end up being overgrown with weeds or plants, more likely a 'snakespace' lol.

Thanks for sharing and good luck with the rest of the build. If you can kindly share details when these are being marketed, if not already, some folks on here will keep an eye out.

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 7:05am On Jul 05, 2021
jabolo:

@n3xt, seems to me an opportunity was missed to enhance the utility of this 'crawlspace' before topping the foundation slab. Y'know - Leveling the ground, some blinding or even basic interlocking?

My response: There’s limit to what a builder/contractor can do on a project (no matter how good the intentions are) especially when there are no documents or drawings guiding the proposal and the contract sum is fixed.

I made a proposal to convert the crawlspace into utility space for other use but the idea didn’t fly.

I did something similar on the project Seascape Villa, 2015 - a beach house designed and built by NextHome. The crawlspace was used to build a septic tank (Installation pics below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jKLuyZ6UpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg8olmxUjK0

Left as it was, it could end up being overgrown with weeds or plants, more likely a 'snakespace' lol.

My response: Smiles. I agree with you completely on this but I believe the space can still be used for other ancillary building functions and fumigation/pest/weed control is also an option.

Thanks for sharing and good luck with the rest of the build. If you can kindly share details when these are being marketed, if not already, some folks on here will keep an eye out.

My response: This is a private project. I have an almost similar design brief for Lagos, Abuja and Ibadan by another client.

I’d let you know once things get off ground.

Thanks.

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 7:07am On Jul 05, 2021
Urgent!!!

I need a sure plug for demolition permit in Oshodi area.

Pls dm me +234 80 234... 29122 if you have one.

Thanks.
Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2021
New Toy from DEWALT | Chalk Line Reel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaKLY-q68DY

There are several tools in construction sites, but there’s no tool quite as crucial and yet under-appreciated as a chalk line.

I decided to pick this tool because our new and upcoming project call for a perfectly straight line over several meters.

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 11:34pm On Jul 05, 2021
Experience the ups and downs of what it means to take on a major project as we follow real self-builders from kobocity on their journey to bespoke homes.

Self-build construction diary of a young homeowner: https://www.kobocity.com/d/222-diary-of-a-young-first-time-home-owner-under-30

Sir Tomaths’ Crib: https://www.kobocity.com/d/80-first-time-owner-builder

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 12:14am On Jul 06, 2021
jabolo:

@n3xt, seems to me an opportunity was missed to enhance the utility of this 'crawlspace' before topping the foundation slab.

I just responded to the concerns you raised above. Check my reply here: https://www.nairaland.com/6576114/construction-journal-nonuplets-nexthome/2#103379945

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by jabolo(m): 12:20am On Jul 06, 2021
n3xt:

I just responded to the concerns you raised above. Check my reply here: https://www.nairaland.com/6576114/construction-journal-nonuplets-nexthome/2#103379945

10-4

Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 7:13am On Jul 08, 2021
I shared this 9 years ago. Still very relevant!

brabus:
Construction Woes: Who is to blame?

Everybody!!!

The Developers: whose primary duty is to engage certified professionals as consultants but failed to do so largely due to an unhealthy profit motivation.

Consultants: the so-called professionals/consultants whose duty is to advise their client on the various aspects of the project and to ensure that due process is followed during the entire project cycle but have failed to honestly advise clients on the pitfalls of shortcuts.

Government: through regulatory bodies charged with the duty of enforcing by-laws and ensuring that any development meets regulatory building standards. Weak technical capacity in local authorities; problems in the development approval process; corruption are all to blame for the problems we experience.

Contractor: who are expected to have the capacity and competence to undertake the specific tasks for the specified scope of works.

Clients: Yes, YOU! For aiding and abetting through wrong selection. You can't claim ignorance!

Recent study conducted have revealed that unqualified people carry out more than 70 percent of the development-related activities in Nigeria.

_______

Why are most homeowners in a rush to build these days?
Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 7:14am On Jul 08, 2021
9 years ago...

brabus:
RAINY SEASON OR DRY SEASON?

Houses can be built in any weather. The key to successful building in extreme weather conditions is getting the foundation installed and the house up out of the ground before the rainy season.

- Get an experienced team with experience to handle extreme conditions.
- When you mix concrete and fill structures in the rain and don't make efforts to cover it, it will definitely wash out and lose certain quality
or strength.
- Protect the soil so that rain doesn't wash it off.
- Work under a shed, cover or tarpaulin during rainy season.
- Get meteorological information for the period of construction.
Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by Valuepaints20(m): 3:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nice jobs @nexthome
Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by Abdulrosheed16: 7:30am On Nov 13, 2021
n3xt:

Bro can u please help me out
i want to come and work as a labourer in this your project
im in dire need of a job please cos im broke
Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 7:33am On Nov 13, 2021
Abdulrosheed16:

Bro can u please help me out
i want to come and work as a labourer in this your project
im in dire need of a job please cos im broke

The project has been discontinued and we do not have any other project around Ibadan. What can you do?
Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by Abdulrosheed16: 12:26pm On Nov 13, 2021
n3xt:

The project has been discontinued and we do not have any other project around Ibadan. What can you do?
okay thank u sir
Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by Goshiii: 1:24am On Nov 17, 2021
N3xt keep up the good work you are doing. Please can you direct me on where I can buy power tools from. Tools from brands like DeWalt, Milwaukee, Ryobi etc.

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 3:03am On Nov 17, 2021
Goshiii:
N3xt keep up the good work you are doing. Please can you direct me on where I can buy power tools from. Tools from brands like DeWalt, Milwaukee, Ryobi etc.

Which one exactly do you need? I have a woman who helped me to bring some of these tools from UK and she has a lot in stock right now (DeWalt, Ryobi, Black and Decker).
Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by Goshiii: 9:45am On Nov 18, 2021
n3xt:

Which one exactly do you need? I have a woman who helped me to bring some of these tools from UK and she has a lot in stock right now (DeWalt, Ryobi, Black and Decker).
I need a cordless saw, an impact driver and a hammer drill.
Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by Goshiii: 9:47am On Nov 18, 2021
n3xt:

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by n3xt(m): 5:50am On Nov 19, 2021
Goshiii:

Refurbished or brand new? If brand new, I think she’s out of stock.
If refurbished, I think she still got some good tools.

I picked this original makita about 3 weeks ago at N40k

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by Mandem05: 11:36am On Nov 22, 2021
Goshiii:

Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by Mandem05: 11:37am On Nov 22, 2021
₦50,000 each, comes with charger and battery.
Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by Goshiii: 8:37pm On Nov 22, 2021
n3xt:

Refurbished or brand new? If brand new, I think she’s out of stock.
If refurbished, I think she still got some good tools.

I picked this original makita about 3 weeks ago at N40k
N3xt can you link me up with the lady directly please.
Re: Construction Journal: The Nonuplets By Nexthome by Goshiii: 8:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
Mandem05:
₦50,000 each, comes with charger and battery.
35k and I may be interested. Does it come with a case?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fitted Wardrobes, Kitchens, Cabinetry With ARCHIDAVE! / 4 Bedroom Flat For Sale In An Estate Around Ogba / Experts For Aluminum Window Casement And Doors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.