Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

#BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons (832 Views)

Deborah: Police Deny Saying The Suspect Is From Niger And Has Escaped / #BenueUnderAttack: 36 Persons Killed In Benue State (Graphic Photos) / Debt Status Of 36 States In Nigeria Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by deantimes(m): 8:49am On May 29, 2021
The police in Benue State has denied claims in some quarters that about 36 persons were massacre in the state recently.

On Friday morning reports of the alleged massacre went rife on social media with Nigerians trending #BenueUnderAttack to express their displeasure.

A national daily which published the story claimed the incident occurred Thursday night by suspected violent herdsmen.

“In their usual manner, the attackers operated for about 15 minutes after which they pulled out and 36 persons were found dead, most of them were butchered like animals which is their usual style of killing their victims,” the newspaper quoted a local source as saying.

But in a statement titled ‘Alleged massacre in Kastina-Ala: Police action’, by its spokesperson, Anene Catherine, the police said no trace of such occurred in the state after the force deployed its personnel to the affected community.

“Upon arrival at the Council ward, the detectives observed that they were no corpses or graves to signify any form of burial and no official reports have been made to the police in the area,” the Friday evening statement read in part.

The force spokesperson said more personnel have been deployed to the area for routine patrols and surveillance.

https://todaypoliticsng.com/benueunderattack-police-deny-massacre-of-36-persons/

1 Like

Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by donbachi(m): 8:53am On May 29, 2021
Dem tie their hands?They should fight back.simple.
Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by MickzyDonald: 9:03am On May 29, 2021
What stops them from retaliation
Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by ComrdDRS1: 9:03am On May 29, 2021
who is this police working for. do you visited the scene after how many days and only to be requesting for graves and dead bodies.
Are you not the ones that are supposed to be on ground to repel and safe guard the people? and then give account of what happened?
I am tired of all NIGERIA uniform idiotic people.

2 Likes

Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by Nobody: 9:04am On May 29, 2021
If you are waiting for the same fulani police and commissioner to admit their brothers killed locals then you need a brain plant
Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by mrvitalis(m): 9:04am On May 29, 2021
Who even listen to the police again even
Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:05am On May 29, 2021
The gains of Fulani herdsmen in top military heirachy. Always shielding their people
Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by CilicMarin: 9:06am On May 29, 2021
I knew it was a FAKE NEWS...

Otorm does that at the end of every month..when it is time to pay Salaries..
Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by Nobody: 9:07am On May 29, 2021
CilicMarin:
You know i am a zombie programmed to defend fulanis
Yes we know

1 Like

Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by olamidedivotee(f): 9:08am On May 29, 2021
I'm tired of this Nigeria, I'm going back to my country Ibadan.
Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by Nobody: 9:09am On May 29, 2021
CilicMarin:
I knew it was a FAKE NEWS...

[b]Otorm does that at the end of every month..when it is time to pay Salaries
..[/b]
is el-rufai also doing this every month end so as not to pay southern kaduna salaries?

1 Like

Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by johnmartus(m): 9:09am On May 29, 2021
I said it the terrorist ipob media house keep manipulating fake news. You people are evil. Hope Benue people are watching igbo people are your enemy. Yet they want to steal benue land because those people are hardworking and because of river benue.
Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by nedu666: 9:17am On May 29, 2021
Of course fulani controlled police must deny it
Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by realstars: 9:18am On May 29, 2021
To Know Is Different, To Understan Is Another, But To Believe Is Quite Different From All.
Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by Tinubuadvocate: 9:21am On May 29, 2021
Me and Thatfairguy debunked this fake news yesterday this useless ipob start cursing me .

Seun lalasticalala mydn44 always endure to verify source of news before making it known to the general public. I hope you guy's move this to the front page too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by JavaScript9091: 9:27am On May 29, 2021
Nigeria government and their official national policy of lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by nedu666: 9:43am On May 29, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Me and Thatfairguy debunked this fake news yesterday this useless ipob start cursing me .

Seun lalasticalala mydn44 always endure to verify source of news before making it known to the general public. I hope you guy's move this to the front page too.

You think by supporting buhari he will hand over to yorubas, no worry by 2023 buhari will shock you. That time you will tell us when buhari asked for your support

1 Like

Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by Tinubuadvocate: 10:25am On May 29, 2021
What do you mean by hand over? this is democracy and Buhari have one vote .
nedu666:

You think by supporting buhari he will hand over to yorubas, no worry by 2023 buhari will shock you. That time you will tell us when buhari asked for your support

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by Tinubuadvocate: 10:27am On May 29, 2021
What is even wrong with you people every time Tinubu .
nedu666:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by Arda1000(m): 11:12am On May 29, 2021
Wait oo Benue get police grin,take my advice dear Benue people run as cowards or fight like men
Re: #BenueUnderAttack: Police deny massacre of 36 persons by ThatFairGuy: 3:39pm On May 30, 2021
Don't mind them
Tinubuadvocate:

(1) (Reply)

Press Conference By Nigeria's Attorney -general Over The Re-arrest Of Nnamdi Kan / Where Is Sunday Igboho?? / Nigeria Gov't Protesters, Collect T-shirt And Money Inside Bank Of America.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.