Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos (1303 Views)

PDP Mum As Another Governor Joins Tinubu's Victory Party / President Tinubu Meets With Japan Gas MD On New FLNG Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom / JUST IN: Another Governor Dumps Atiku, Join Wike-led G5 Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by NkanAkpanika: 9:01am On May 29, 2021
GOV TAMBUWAL TO INAUGURATE 100M³ MEDICAL GAS PLANT, ROADS, OTHERS IN AKWA IBOM TODAY

A Medical Gas and Vacuum Plant, acknowledged as the largest in the country, and more internal roads projects are billed for inauguration today as part of activities to mark the Sixth Anniversary of Mr Udom Emmanuel as Governor of Akwa Ibom State.

The medical gas and vaccum plant is situated within the premises of the Infectious Diseases Control Centre which also houses the International Molecular Laboratory Isolation Center in Ituk Mbang,Uruan Local Government Area.

According to the Secretary to the State Government, Dr. Emmanuel Ekuwem, a former Speaker of the Federal House of Representatives and Governor of Sokoto state, Rt. Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal is expected as special guest to commission these projects today.

The One hundred metric cube (100m³) of pure Oxygen per hour Oxygen Cylinder Refilling Station has the capacity of refilling 30 cylinders per day.

It also has a 12 by 2 automatic oxygen cylinder8 manifold. It is also built to perform critical care needs for patients in a post- Covid world.

Meanwhile, residents and business operators around the Mechanic Village in Afaha Offot, and Akpasak Estate along the Airport Road, all within Uyo Metropolis, are also expected to roll out the drums and welcome the top government functionaries to their respective localities.

The occasion is the commissioning of more internal roads executed by Governor Emmanuel to ease free flow of traffic and business activities in the state capital.

The roads include the 2.3km Mechanic Village- Udoeyen Road, the Sir Mendo, Edem George and Streets as well as the Akpasak Estate access road measuring One kilometre.

The Sokoto State Governor is also expected to commission the residence of the Chairman, State Council of Chiefs along Wellington Bassey Way, Uyo.

Yesterday, Governor Emmanuel inaugurated some internal roads within Ewet Housing Estate Extension (1) and also commissioned another road at Ikot Akpabin in Ibesikpo Asutan local government area.

According to an official release by the state government, the two Airbuses earlier expected to be unveiled today have been postponed to a later date due to the extended time required for international crew preparations under the Covid19 protocols.

The release also announces that there is no restriction of movements during the monthly sanitation exercise in the state today.
Akwa Ibom ayaya..
https://www.facebook.com/214348235572139/posts/1445833872423563/

Lalasticlala FP

Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by Nobody: 9:02am On May 29, 2021
Diri when no get shame would be looking at this with his ponmo mouth

1 Like

Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by NkanAkpanika: 9:07am On May 29, 2021
Mikecold:
Diri when no get shame would be looking at this with his ponmo mouth
Which state governor be that ?
Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by Nobody: 9:11am On May 29, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

Which state governor be that ?
Bayelsa the state oil was first discovered and explored

1 Like

Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by SmartPolician: 9:12am On May 29, 2021
Udom Emmanuel is good at whatever he does. I watched him on Channels TV on Friday and was impressed with his development strides in Akwa Ibom. Indeed, Akwa Ibom is progressing without any media hype.

From Goodwills Akpabio to Udom Emmanuel, Akwa Ibom is obviously getting it right in the leadership circus. Her nextdoor neighbor, Cross Rivers, seemed to have lost touch with good governance when Donald Duke left office in 2007.
Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by DissTroy(m): 9:24am On May 29, 2021
He's underperforming. The budget for the much-talked-about 21-storey building is 10.1 billionaire (2.9 billion in 2019 and 7.2 billion in 2020) and the budget continues to increase yet, based on the recent pictures by eyewitnesses, the building still isn't complete .

A breakdown of the 2021 budget too is conveniently absent on the official government website(s). With the funds available to him, he should be doing more. More than these sideshows.

It's also on record that he's not funding ministries and LGAs, asides peanuts and wants to do everything himself. These things are verifiable when one digs deep.
Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by NkanAkpanika: 9:33am On May 29, 2021
Mikecold:
Bayelsa the state oil was first discovered and explored
Ooh but bayelsa is doing well na
Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by NkanAkpanika: 9:34am On May 29, 2021
DissTroy:
He's underperforming. The budget for the much-talked-about 21-storey building is 10.1 billionaire (2.9 billion in 2019 and 7.2 billion in 2020) and the budget continues to increase yet, based on the recent pictures by eyewitnesses, the building still isn't complete .

A breakdown of the 2021 budget too is conveniently absent on the official government website(s). With the funds available to him, he should be doing more. More than these sideshows.

It's also on record that he's not funding ministries and LGAs, asides peanuts and wants to do everything himself. These things are verifiable when one digs deep.
My brother the building was completed last month..Try an visit it yourself, enough of all this I hear say ..
Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by NkanAkpanika: 9:35am On May 29, 2021
SmartPolician:
Udom Emmanuel is good at whatever he does. I watched him on Channels TV on Friday and was impressed with his development strides in Akwa Ibom. Indeed, Akwa Ibom is progressing without any media hype.

From Goodwills Akpabio to Udom Emmanuel, Akwa Ibom is obviously getting it right in the leadership circus. Her nextdoor neighbor, Cross Rivers, seemed to have lost touch with good governance when Donald Duke left office in 2007.
That's what i've been trying to preach to nairalanders ..the guy is good ..
Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by Nobody: 9:39am On May 29, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

Ooh but bayelsa is doing well na
lol grin

1 Like

Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by NkanAkpanika: 9:47am On May 29, 2021
Mikecold:
lol grin
but isn't it the truth ?
Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by DissTroy(m): 9:51am On May 29, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

My brother the building was completed last month..Try an visit it yourself, enough of all this I hear say ..
That's not true. If it were completed, there would have been a grand commissioning and pictures all over the news. Gov. Udom invests a lot in media publicity and it would have been all over the news. Do what you need to do but the budget for that 21-storey building is grossly inflated and the paperwork shady too yet, evidentially, it's still incomplete.

Just like for the drawn-out Ekom Iman flyover which he began in late 2018 and still is far from completion.
Dude, I freaking hail from Akwa Ibom (never hidden this) so I keep tabs of happenings in the polity regardless of where I reside.

Udom was supposed to build on the gains of former governors Akpabio and Victor Attah. Governor Victor Attah created a 30-year blueprint in 1999 for Akwa Ibom's massive development into a smart city which every governor was supposed to follow but Udom has done little to further this.

I can what Attah did, I can list what Akpabio did (although he deviated slightly from the plan) but Udom has gone off course. Pockets of developmental strides scattered here and there but there's a plan he's not following.

What happened to the Science Park which was to be a Silicon Valley of some sorts? What happened to Shelter Afrique Smart Estate ? What happened to the Ibom E-Library (it's been hosting tech firms and expos but far from what it was created for)? Need I go on?

Before you accuse me of being APC, check my previous posts - I don't give a hoot about it.
Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by NkanAkpanika: 9:55am On May 29, 2021
DissTroy:

That's not true. If it were completed, there would have been a grand commissioning and pictures all over the news. Gov. Udom invests a lot in media publicity and it would have been all over the news. Do what you need to do but the budget for that 21-storey building is grossly inflated and the paperwork shady too.

Just like for the drawn-out Ekom Iman flyover which he began in late 2018 and still is far from completion.
Dude, I freaking hail from Akwa Ibom (never hidden this) so I keep tabs of happenings in the polity regardless of where I reside.

Udom was supposed to build on the gains of former governors Akpabio and Victor Attah. Governor Victor Attah create a 30-year blueprint in 1999 for Akwa Ibom's massive development into a smart city but Udom has done little to further this.

I can what Attah did, I can list what Akpabio did (although he deviated slightly from the plan) but Udom has gone off course. Pockets of developmental strides scattered here and there but there's a plan he's not following.

What happened to the Science Park which was to be a Silicon Valley of some sorts? What happened to Shelter Afrique Smart Estate ? What happened to the Ibom E-Library (it's been hosting tech firms and expos but far from what it was created for)? Do I go on?

Before you accuse me of being APC, check my previous posts - I don't give a hoot about it.
Listen carefully , he gave instructions for tenancy contract agreement to begin immediately early this month.
Ekom Iman fly over been the longest in Nigeria will be commission in September according to his yesterday interview with channels tv ...you can go an watch the interview..
As at last month you can find below the status of the flyover below..

Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by Koryc: 9:58am On May 29, 2021
Commendable, the only thing holding the country back is the north.

1 Like

Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by Nobody: 10:02am On May 29, 2021
NkanAkpanika:
but isn't it the truth ?
it isn't o

Bayelsa is suffering, there is a reason they voted against diri for Lyon only to get diri in supreme Court

1 Like

Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by NkanAkpanika: 10:06am On May 29, 2021
Koryc:
Commendable, the only thing holding the country back is the north.
Exactly bro

1 Like

Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by NkanAkpanika: 10:07am On May 29, 2021
Mikecold:
it isn't o

Bayelsa is suffering, there is a reason they voted against diri for Lyon only to get diri in supreme Court
Wow and is a very small state with money in it ..
Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by DissTroy(m): 10:09am On May 29, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

Listen carefully , he gave instructions for tenancy contract agreement to begin immediately early this month.
Ekom Iman fly over been the longest in Nigeria will be commission in September according to his yesterday interview with channels tv ...you can go an watch the interview..
As at last month you can find below the status of the flyover below..

I deliberately didn't mention roads, power and security. He's been handling those parts fairly.

The issues I raised were the 21-storey building, the Science Park and other things which make up the 30-year Akwa Ibom blueprint. He's flailing and stalling on those. Those are what would set the state aside from every other state. Akpabio handled massive road projects and bridges. Udom was expected to phase into other sectors. Why are we even talking flyovers in 2021? We've had money to be done with those two years ago.

Look, Ikpa, I understand you have do your job as a media hireling (and I'm not going to judge you for it) but you don't have to defend everything. Heck! The sentiments I hold are also held by the major stakeholders in the state PDP and you know this. It's one of the reasons assumed 2023 aspirants are already quietly campaigning to continue that 30-year project. Tell me you don't hear Science Park murmurs daily.

Da, Nairaland ke iyin iba ami but iya udoko akpaniko nte eyen ekammi. smiley
Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by Nobody: 10:14am On May 29, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

Wow and is a very small state with money in it ..
Yeah just about 8 lga and most of the lga is still water

That's why it is considered a failed state in south south

1 Like

Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by NkanAkpanika: 10:23am On May 29, 2021
DissTroy:

I deliberately didn't mention roads, power and security. He's been handling those parts fairly.

The issues I raised were the 21-storey building, the Science Park and other things which make up the 30-year Akwa Ibom blueprint. He's flailing and stalling on those. Those are what would set the state aside from every other state. Akpabio handled massive road projects and bridges. Udom was expected to phase into other sectors. Why are we even talking flyovers in 2021? We've had money to be done with those two years ago.

Look, Ikpa, I understand you have do your job as a media hireling (and I'm not going to judge you for it) but you don't have to defend everything. Heck! The sentiments I hold are also held by the major stakeholders in the state PDP and you know this. It's one of the reasons assumed 2023 aspirants are already quietly campaigning to continue that 30-year project. Tell me you don't hear Science Park murmurs daily.

Da, Nairaland ke iyin iba ami but iya udoko akpaniko nte eyen ekammi. smiley
grin him they try compare to others.
The science park was an agreement btw us and the Chinese government but hopefully that will be conducted..
You just insulted me bro.. if you don't know the value of projecting your state I do. Again respectfully am not working for anybody pls
Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by NkanAkpanika: 10:31am On May 29, 2021
Mikecold:
Yeah just about 8 lga and most of the lga is still water

That's why it is considered a failed state in south south

That's so bad with all the oily money ..
Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by DissTroy(m): 10:34am On May 29, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

You just insulted me bro.. if you don't know the value of projecting your state I do. Again respectfully am not working for anybody pls

cheesy If I 'slap' your face. You think I don't know you and the other guy, Illaumoh, from back then? I went digging when I noticed you guys started flooding Nairaland all of a sudden over the years with Udom propaganda and how TonyeBarcanista got onboard from 2018 - 2019. Again, I'd 'slap' your face. cheesy Let me just leave it at that.
Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by Nobody: 10:37am On May 29, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

That's so bad with all the oily money ..
yeah, it's actually the fourth highest producer of oil

Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by NkanAkpanika: 10:39am On May 29, 2021
DissTroy:

cheesy If I 'slap' your face. You think I don't know you and the other guy, Illaumoh, from back then? I went digging when I noticed you guys started flooding Nairaland all of a sudden over the years with Udom propaganda and how TonyeBarcanista got onboard from 2018 - 2019. Again, I'd 'slap' your face. cheesy Let me just leave it at that.
Wow, am shock you still believe a stingy governor like Udom can pay someone to promote Akwa Ibom.
Let tell you why Lagos is succeeding is becos of good publications, it encourages investors to want to visit and invest in the zone and thou create employment for the teaming youth.
Akpabio started this scheme and am now following it .. Guy is ourselves as citizens to bring investors in a little way to our state .. Bad labelling can not attract and anything to an area ok.
Again me n Ilaumoh we're not working for anybody. Huncho is even a oil staff, funnily but he keep promoting is state ok.
Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by NkanAkpanika: 10:39am On May 29, 2021
Mikecold:
yeah, it's actually the fourth highest producer of oil
Men I tire for our politicians oo
Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by DissTroy(m): 11:05am On May 29, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

Wow, am shock you still believe a stingy governor like Udom can pay someone to promote Akwa Ibom.
Let tell you why Lagos is succeeding is becos of good publications, it encourages investors to want to visit and invest in the zone and thou create employment for the teaming youth.
Akpabio started this scheme and am now following it .. Guy is ourselves as citizens to bring investors in a little way to our state .. Bad labelling can not attract and anything to an area ok.
Again me n Ilaumoh we're not working for anybody. Huncho is even a oil staff, funnily but he keep promoting is state ok.
No, I'm not labeling Akwa Ibom bad. Over the years, Nairalanders would confirm, regardless of the moniker I use, I have always stated I'm proudly Akwa Ibom and Ibibio too, and fight off trolls who try to denigrate the state. Hell would have to freeze over a thousand times before I hide or suppress my association with Akwa Ibom as there's nothing about the state to be ashamed of. Not even one I can't counter with a developmental stride.

Akwa Ibom tops many states of the federation on many positive indices, including road infrastructure, power supply, security, ease of doing business and the likes. This much I have stated over the years.

Never have I promoted negative news about the state and would rather stay away from anything which seems so. However, we need to act as pressure groups to keep the government in check. We need to remind whoever is in power that we don't need white elephant projects to fuel their vainglorious antics or drives. If you know the history behind the formation of Akwa Ibom and electing the governor in 1999, you'd know why no governor should deviate from the masterplan and must be kept in check.

This is exactly what I have been doing. Ibom Air, for example, already functions well. No need to dwell on it since it's a PPP. Move on to the Science Park. IPC already generates power - focus on more effective power distribution measures. The civil service is mostly redundant - put empowered technocrats in charge of the Ministries of Science and Technology, and Trade and Investment.

This is not portraying the state negatively - it's constructive criticism and appraisal when or where due.

Again, I'm not going to argue about your affiliations - we both know the truth. The main issue is appraising the developmental strides of the current state administration. I understand the tendency to slightly sugarcoat things on Nairaland or in public but, brother to brother, we can still criticise without depicting the state negatively.

Amesiere, ayeneka. smiley

1 Like

Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by NkanAkpanika: 11:31am On May 29, 2021
DissTroy:

No, I'm not labelly Akwa Ibom bad. Over the years, Nairalanders would confirm, regardless of the moniker I use, I have always stated I'm proudly Akwa Ibom and Ibibio too, and fight off trolls who try to denigrate the state. Hell would have to freeze over a thousand times before I hid or suppress my association with Akwa Ibom as there's nothing about the state to be ashamed of. Not even one I can't counter with a developmental stride.

Akwa Ibom tops many states of the federation on many positive indices, including road infrastructure, power supply, security, ease of doing business and the likes. This much I have stated over the years.

Never have I promoted negative news about the state and would rather stay away from anything which seems so. However, we need to act as pressure groups to keep the government in check. We need to remind whoever is in power that we don't need white elephant projects to fuel their vainglorious antics or drives. If you know the history behind the formation of Akwa Ibom and electing the governor in 1999, you'd know why no governor should deviate from the masterplan and must be kept in check.

This is exactly what I have been doing. Ibom Air, for example, already functions well. No need to dwell on it since it's a PPP. Move on to the Science Park. IPC already generates power - focus on more effective power distribution measures. The civil service is mostly redundant - put empowered technocrats in charge of the Ministries of Science and Technology, and Trade and Investment.

This is not portraying the state negatively - it's constructive criticism and appraisal when or where due.

Again, I'm not going to argue about your affiliations - we both know the truth. The main issue is appraising the developmental strides of the current state administration. I understand the tendency to slightly sugarcoat things on Nairaland or in public but, brother to brother, we can still criticise without depicting the state negatively.

Amesiere, ayeneka. smiley
You are on point. But guy am not sugarcoating anything oo
Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by NikAustine: 12:26pm On May 29, 2021
Bros can you create a separate thread for the new internal roads that were commission..I want to see it pls

1 Like

Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by NkanAkpanika: 2:37pm On May 29, 2021
NikAustine:
Bros can you create a separate thread for the new internal roads that were commission..I want to see it pls
Ok
Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by NikAustine: 5:22pm On May 29, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

Ok
Thank you. Pls tag me when you do
Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by NkanAkpanika: 6:45pm On May 29, 2021
Behold, the Largest Oxygen and Vacuum Producing Plant in Nigeria.

Congratulations Akwa Ibom.

God bless Governor Udom Emmanuel

Re: Another Governor To Commission Medical Gas Plant In Akwa Ibom State... Photos by NkanAkpanika: 6:46pm On May 29, 2021
More

(1) (Reply)

FG, Northern Elders’ Silence Over Jihadists’ Ultimatum To Delta Disappointing / Alpha Conte: Will Tinubu Save His Ousted ‘brother And Friend / 2023: SDP Gives Conditions To Admit Tinubu, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.