Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,049 members, 7,814,602 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Getting Praised Here In Naija - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Getting Praised Here In Naija (833 Views)

Road Kill Is Here!!! The First Of Its Kind In Naija. [must Read] / It's Tough Being A Broke Guy In Naija / Poor Books Packagings In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Getting Praised Here In Naija by LarrySun(m): 12:25am On May 01, 2011
Hello friends, there's another thing bothering me and I hope to find d answers to d questions I've been asking myself about it. Many a time when I pick up an American bestselling novel to read I always come across different praises for d author by various national newspapers and magazines; The New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Atlanta Magazine, Toronto Sun, Many more. They praise their authors so much that one won't escape from buying d books. Why are our own local newspaper and magazine companies not doing that? And, is it d job of a writer to forward his work to them for d praises or it's d job of d publishing company. Lastly, does every possible praise come with a price?
Re: Getting Praised Here In Naija by tpia5: 6:34am On May 01, 2011
maybe.
Re: Getting Praised Here In Naija by MyneWhite1(f): 8:49am On Oct 10, 2011
It is usually the job of the publisher to seek advance reviews for their books. If the author has any connections, they can also help. In some cases, a book becomes a bestseller, or wins an award, and the papers will now request for it. Such reviews will be put in the subsequent print runs of the book.

(1) (Reply)

Blogs / Your Help Is Urgently Needed On This. / The First Novel You Ever Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.