Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,561 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Again, Buhari Dares Jonathan-arrest Me If You Can - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Buhari Dares Jonathan-arrest Me If You Can (726 Views)

EFCC Fixes Date For Jonathan's Arrest – Reportsafrique.com / Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan / APC Dares Jonathan To Sue Akande For Libel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Buhari Dares Jonathan-arrest Me If You Can by MAYOWAAK: 2:13am On May 01, 2011
Former Head of State and presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Muhammadu Buhari, has for the second time in one week challenged President Goodluck Jonathan to arrest him if he could.

Buhari’s daring statement came even as leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force (NDPVF), Alhaji Mujaheed Dokubo-Asari, called for his arrest and prosecution over the riots that claimed lives and property in the North.
Dokubo said: “People like Buhari should not be allowed to be moving freely after that carnage. They should be brought to book to show they are not above the law. The President must assert his power and arrest the man. Nothing will happen. I repeat, nothing will happen.”

The President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, made a similar call fror Buhari’s arrest last Sunday.
Speaking through his spokesman, Mr Yinka Odumakin, Buhari said after all the killings and bombings the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) claimed responsibility for, it took the intervention of a Nobel Laureate to negotiate for them before the President of Nigeria.

“Now, a man for which no crime has been established against, they want him arrested. So, for the last time again, we dare them. Let them go and arrest him,” Odumakin said. He further said that Dokubo-Asari’s call was not surprising as it confirmed the plan for secession of the Ijaw nation.“When there was bomb blast in Abuja on October 1, 2010, MEND claimed responsibility, but the Commander-in-Chief absolved MEND and said he knows those who carried out the bombing. Till date he has not told the nation who those bombers are. Now a man who has condemned violence, who has condemned the killings and went on air to condemn the unfortunate incidents, they are calling for his arrest.

“Nigeria should be aware that there is a small group in this country today that is bent on breaking up this country and they want to use the office of the President of Nigeria, which they have captured by hook or crook, and their antics should be noticed by the Nigerian people.” Responding to the violence that trailed the presidential election, former Deputy Senate President in the botched Third Republic, Albert Legogie, said Nigerian leaders should be held responsible instead of individuals.

According to Legogie, those involved in the violence were mainly street urchins, adding that the violence was unnecessary since it was the best thing that happened to Nigeria since the June 12 presidential election.“I am of the opinion that the violence that followed the presidential election was unnecessary and uncalled for in the sense that the election was reasonably credible, transparent, free and fair. I think it is probably the best we have had in the country since the presidential election of 1992. So, when people started fighting and killing themselves over it, I felt very disappointed.
“I think Nigerians should learn to accommodate themselves; accommodate other people’s religion, other people’s differences and we should learn to live together as members of one big family.

“If you go back again, you find that we still have to hold our leaders responsible for the violence, in the sense that most of these people who sped into the streets and started maiming and killing people are urchins. People that have no homes, people that have no jobs.“They are street urchins. If we had created jobs for these people, if we had created welfare facility for these people, if we had accommodated them in our system, they would not have gone the way they went.

“I listened to a friend who told me that most of them would say oh, look at this one, he is very well-fed, he must look like a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) man. Anybody that was well-fed was a PDP man and they descended on the person.
“So, one of the challenges the President should face right now is to create massive job opportunity for the large number of youths roaming the streets of this country. We can no longer defend it and unless we do it now, we are heading for a major disaster. The killings were just a warning,” the Edo State-born Legogie said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/may/01/national-01-05-2011-001.htm
Re: Again, Buhari Dares Jonathan-arrest Me If You Can by Nobody: 9:02am On May 01, 2011
MAYOWAAK:

Buhari’s daring statement came even as leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force (NDPVF), Alhaji Mujaheed Dokubo-Asari, called for his arrest and prosecution over the riots that claimed lives and property in the North.
Dokubo said: “People like Buhari should not be allowed to be moving freely after that carnage. They should be brought to book to show they are not above the law. The President must assert his power and arrest the man. Nothing will happen. I repeat, nothing will happen.”

Look whose talking! Kettle calling a clean pot black!

In a lawful society, Fools like you (asari) should be rotting in jail for crimes against humanity. But in Nigeria, anything goes - I guess that's y u r walking freely!
Re: Again, Buhari Dares Jonathan-arrest Me If You Can by Nobody: 9:13am On May 01, 2011
gbam
Re: Again, Buhari Dares Jonathan-arrest Me If You Can by lukkie(m): 9:16am On May 01, 2011
Even Jonathan papa, Obasanjo no fit try am. Na yam?
Re: Again, Buhari Dares Jonathan-arrest Me If You Can by saintneo(m): 10:06am On May 01, 2011
Buhari should go a sleep, enough of the rubbish coming from him and his fundamental-extremists.
Re: Again, Buhari Dares Jonathan-arrest Me If You Can by gists: 10:06am On May 01, 2011
lukkie:

Even Jonathan papa, [b]Obasanjo [/b]no fit try am. Na yam?
He no dey laff again o grin grin grin
Re: Again, Buhari Dares Jonathan-arrest Me If You Can by Nattlil(m): 10:16am On May 01, 2011
Buhari should pls shut up and go and hang himself. The one's wey him kill no do am abi? Aboki man don turn minor!!!
Re: Again, Buhari Dares Jonathan-arrest Me If You Can by Nobody: 10:24am On May 01, 2011
Nigerian media is just so useless.

Why can't headline reflect the true contents of a news article?

Why can't Yinka Odumakin be held responsible for what he says?

Why can't this headline read "Buhari's spokesman, Yinka Odumakin - You can not arrest my boss".

What is the point of claiming in the headline that Buhari said, only to tell us in the body of the news that actually it was Yinka Odumakin on behalf of Buhari.

It is simply shameful, misleading and incredibly boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

How Pdp And Inec Rigged Elections For Jonathan - Buhari / Thank You Nigerians By Nuhu Ribadu. / Iceland Boils In Volcano And Earthquake-could this be Sign Of The End Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.