Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home (2484 Views)

This Chicago Preacher Likes Bathing With His Children And Grandchildren / Hundreds Queue To See The Former Libyan Leader lying Dead In Cold Storage / Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home by Nekai(f): 1:31pm On May 01, 2011
He isn't hiding in bunkers. He was still living in his same compound in the capital with his family, and they had an open line of communication with him. And of course Libya isn't in the top 10 for oil exports to the USA. Neither was Iraq before they invented a reason to take over that country. If their sole reason for being there is to help Libyans, why them and not Rawanda or Darfur. Better yet, why did they intervene in Libya before Ivory Coast when the conflict in the Ivory Coast began first?

I am not going to down play the seriousness of a rape allegation, and it unfortunate that the lady had to endure such horrors at the hands of Gaddafi's troops. Now, if this human rights violation by Gaddafi's soldiers are grounds to bomb his home, then look at these cases of rape by the hands of U.S. soldiers and tell me what should be done. http://rwor.org/a/053/iraqrape-en.html http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/feb/23/usa.iraq http://www.aztlan.net/iraqi_women_raped.htm

Also, a cease-fire has to be done on both sides. How can he halt his assault on the armed rebel forces when both sides haven't made an agreement to stop fighting? Like you I also smh at the way some people on NL think. And to the person who is oblivious to the fact that the media can indeed create believable illusions, you must not have been around when Iraq was invaded after public opinion was swayed into believing it held non-existant weapons of mass destruction.
Re: Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home by na2day(m): 1:34pm On May 01, 2011
So now NATO have resorted to bombing children to win the illegal war in Libya? A bunch of 'criminals' got guns and attacked the internationally recognised government and we call them 'rebels', can you imagine what would happen here if everyone in my town got shotguns and marched on parliament demanding the resignation of the 'royal' family (business) and the current government? The first thing you would see would be armed police and troops on the street and the 'rebels' from my town would be called criminals or terrorists and shot on sight! Nato isnt protecting civilians, no civilians were being attacked in this strike except the grandchildren that were killed. The pilot that dropped the bomb should be ashamed and the politicians that got us into this mess should be tried for war crimes. I hope Gaddafi wins. I'm disgusted by our actions. What about Bahrain, Yemen and Syria then NATO?
Re: Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home by kodewrita(m): 1:54pm On May 01, 2011
He knew the odds and he still stayed there.

He got what he deserved.

He has been killing for 40 years and financing terror and finally the terror has hit close to home.

Nice that NATO turned his sitting room into Little Misurata. Let the pain be felt on both sides.
Re: Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home by Nekai(f): 3:29pm On May 01, 2011
na2day!:

So now NATO have resorted to bombing children to win the illegal war in Libya? A bunch of 'criminals' got guns and attacked the internationally recognised government and we call them 'rebels', can you imagine what would happen here if everyone in my town got shotguns and marched on parliament demanding the resignation of the 'royal' family (business) and the current government? The first thing you would see would be armed police and troops on the street and the 'rebels' from my town would be called criminals or terrorists and shot on sight! Nato isnt protecting civilians, no civilians were being attacked in this strike except the grandchildren that were killed. The pilot that dropped the bomb should be ashamed and the politicians that got us into this mess should be tried for war crimes. I hope Gaddafi wins. I'm disgusted by our actions. What about Bahrain, Yemen and Syria then NATO?

My point exactly.
Re: Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home by Nekai(f): 4:29pm On May 01, 2011
One month before the uprising in Libya started, the U. N. Human Rights Council produced a report praising Gadhafi.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/06/weekinreview/06libya.html
Re: Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home by Nekai(f): 11:21pm On May 01, 2011
*Silence speaks volumes*
Re: Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home by Kobojunkie: 11:29pm On May 01, 2011
So because the UN praised Ghaddafi a month before he(Ghaddafi) turned on his people, and started bombing and killing men, women and children, bombing them to kingdom come, simply for protesting his Government, it is NOT OK for the UN to hear the cries of the People calling for Protection[b]? [/b]

**** shudders****

No wonder the man makes racist remarks every chance he can of us!!!
Re: Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home by pleep(m): 11:47pm On May 01, 2011
I wonder why some people feel the need to defend the united states and europes foriegn policy at every oppurtunity possible. Those same people can't stop criticizing African governments.  Pathetic are westerners not human? Are humans not selfish? 

You would have thought that history would have taught these people that. It's hard to belive ppl can be that silly.
Re: Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home by Nekai(f): 12:49am On May 02, 2011
Kobojunkie:

So because the UN praised Ghaddafi a month before he(Ghaddafi) turned on his people, and started bombing and killing men, women and children, bombing them to kingdom come, simply for protesting his Government, it is NOT OK for the UN to hear the cries of the People calling for Protection[b]? [/b]

Refer to my previous posts, because I don't know how Gadhadi's 'own people' can start a heavily armed civil war and not expect him to react. Also, why is the international community obligated to protect radical armed rebels that are taking advantage of the current unrest in the middle east? This is a civil war.

pleep:

I wonder why some people feel the need to defend the united states and europes foriegn policy at every oppurtunity possible. Those same people can't stop criticizing African governments. Pathetic are westerners not human? Are humans not selfish?

You would have thought that history would have taught these people that. It's hard to belive ppl can be that silly.

I really wonder. African civilizations were fine for thousands of years. Maybe some people are unaware of their history, and what colonialism did to the entire continent. The U.S. is only a couple of hundred years old and yet they are supposed to be the genius of the world. Many western ideals are not designed for long term sustainability, which is why america is in crisis now.
Re: Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home by Kobojunkie: 12:55am On May 02, 2011
Nekai:

Refer to my previous posts, because I don't know how Gadhadi's 'own people' can start a heavily armed civil war and not expect him to react. Also, why is the international community obligated to protect radical armed rebels that are taking advantage of the current unrest in the middle east? This is a civil war.

But your previous post assumes IGNORANCE of what lead to what we have today. And if you read closely, in the question I asked you there, I gave you a hint as to why we have what we have today  . . . so do you want to answer the question now? Or are you going to continue feigning ignorance of the situation still?

On why the international community is obligated, I think you should go back and read up on when LIBYANS(the Libyan UN ambassador and diplomats included) started calling on the UN to stop the GHADDAFI planes bombing them. Yes, it actually happened . . . only a couple of weeks ago. There are videos documenting these calls by LIBYANS for the UN to provide protection.

Pretend ignorance is not bliss!
Re: Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home by evil666(m): 1:22am On May 02, 2011
Re: Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home by Nekai(f): 2:28am On May 02, 2011
evil666:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDt92tR2YnA&feature=player_embedded

This video speaks volumes and addresses the fact that there has been no formal inquiry into the validity of the claims of mass violence against unarmed civillians. There has also been no formal inquiry into the background or intention of these rebels.

Are you pretending to be ignorant of the fact that the Libyans calling for help could have been rebels? How did peaceful protesters turn into organized armed forces that were seizing control of eastern cities, in one week?

The hasty response to the conflict in Libya is suspect. Why not engage the leader in talks instead of jumping in and taking sides? http://somalilandpress.com/libya-rebels-execute-black-immigrants-while-forces-kidnap-others-20586

If both sides are commiting grave offenses what is the incentive for being on one side verses the other. Are you completely oblivious to the wide implications of attacking another country without concrete proof about what is going on and a knowledge of the major players on the rebel side?

Again, I will use Iraq as an example of a war that was started by (what we now know to be) false allegations, killing thousands of U.S. soldiers and Iraqi civillians, and wasting billions of dollars.
Re: Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home by Nadanbata: 2:37am On May 02, 2011
@ Rhino.5dm

"Are you trying to tell us that those fighter jet pilots that was ordered to bombed un-armed civilians and rather chooses to follow their conscience and defect to

malta are creations of the media too"

PROPAGANDA. When you learn how powerfful media is you will understand. When you see that the sources of information i.e (SKY and BBC in UK) are controlled and funded by the same people who WANT AN EXCUSE to go into these countries you will see why they push with overly[b] SEXED UP CLAIMS THAT HAVE ZERO FOUNDATION + NO EVIDENCE. [/b]

Same media pushes the fact that there is a probelm with BLACK ON BLACK CRIME. But they dont push WHITE ON WHITE crime. Why? becuase their agenda is to demonise and sterotype the typical black male. Media inculdes the Hollywood, series, NEWS etc etc. Just take a second and think about it!

CLASSIC EXAMPLE IS WHERE ARE IRAQS WMD's thye told us he could attack UK 'within 45 minutes'. Go reasearch that claim and see if it came out to be true.
Re: Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home by na2day(m): 2:51am On May 02, 2011
If i were Gaddafi now, i will invite Russian and China, and handover a huge tranche of Libyan oil and industry to them, then sit back and watch the firestorm start!
Someone need to stand up to these bullies tongue
Re: Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home by Kobojunkie: 3:06am On May 02, 2011
[size=13pt]Arab league calls on UN to impose Libya no-fly zone[/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/12/libya-arabs-nofly-idUSLDE72B0GJ20110312

[size=13pt]GCC calls for UN action on Libya
[/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked

http://gulfnews.com/news/region/libya/gcc-calls-for-un-action-on-libya-1.773101

[size=13pt]Libyan Envoy Urges International Intervention[/size] shocked shocked shocked

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=13001327
Re: Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home by na2day(m): 3:12am On May 02, 2011
Kobojunkie:

[size=13pt]Arab league calls on UN to impose Libya no-fly zone[/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/12/libya-arabs-nofly-idUSLDE72B0GJ20110312

[size=13pt]GCC calls for UN action on Libya
[/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked

http://gulfnews.com/news/region/libya/gcc-calls-for-un-action-on-libya-1.773101

[size=13pt]Libyan Envoy Urges International Intervention[/size] shocked shocked shocked

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=13001327

[size=13pt]Arab League Condemns Broad Bombing Campaign[/size] shocked shocked shocked

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/arab-league-condemns-broad-bombing-campaign-in-libya/2011/03/20/AB1pSg1_story.html
Re: Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home by Kobojunkie: 3:18am On May 02, 2011
na2day!:

[size=13pt]Arab League Condemns Broad Bombing Campaign[/size] shocked shocked shocked

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/arab-league-condemns-broad-bombing-campaign-in-libya/2011/03/20/AB1pSg1_story.html

From above document . . . .

Moussa said the Arab League’s approval of a no-fly zone on March 12 was based on a desire to prevent Moammar Gaddafi’s air force from attacking civilians and was not designed to endorse the intense bombing and missile attacks — including on Tripoli, the capital, and on Libyan ground forces — whose images have filled Arab television screens for two days.

“What is happening in Libya differs from the aim of imposing a no-fly zone,” he said in a statement carried by the Middle East News Agency. “And what we want is the protection of civilians and not the shelling of more civilians.”

Moussa’s declaration suggested that some of the 22 Arab League members were taken aback by what they have seen and wanted to modify their approval lest they be perceived as accepting outright Western military intervention in Libya. Although the eccentric Gaddafi is widely looked down upon in the Arab world, the leaders and people of the Middle East traditionally have risen up in emotional protest at the first sign of Western intervention.

A shift away from the Arab League endorsement, even partial, would constitute a major setback to the U.S.-European campaign. Western leaders brandished the Arab League decision as a justification for their decision to move militarily and as a weapon in the debate to obtain a U.N. Security Council resolution two days before the bombing began.
Re: Gadhafi Son And Grandchildren Killed As Nato Targets The Libyan Leader's Home by na2day(m): 3:36am On May 02, 2011
@kobo
Its as if antispambot swallowed your post.
But honestly, u should know that there are some decisions u make that turns around and bite u in d a.s*s!
Do u really think, the Arab league, and the GCC would have offered their support if they know what they know now?
Remember dat the US and NATO had to strong arm UAE to join their coalition by supplying planes as d whole coalition was falling apart!
If u believe dat civilians are truly the goal here, then NATO planes should be taking out the tanks on the streets of Dera by now, cos genocide is being commited there!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Canadian Island Offers Refuge To Americans If Trump Gets Elected / "What A Shame"; See What A Woman Wore On Her Wedding Day. Photo / This Happened To People That Were Caught Outside In Rwanda (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.