Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,695 members, 7,837,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. (545 Views)

Ndidi, Iheanacho’s Leicester City Promoted To Premier League / Highest Goalscorers In The Champions League After The Group Stage / Leeds United Gets Promoted To The Premier League After 16 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. by Easyincome24: 4:58pm On May 29, 2021
First-half goals from Ivan Toney and Emiliano Marcondes were enough for Thomas Frank's side to beat the Swans at Wembley Stadium

Brentford have ended a seven-decade-plus hiatus from the top-flight of English football after they triumphed 2-0 against Swansea City in the Championship play-off final on Saturday, to seal their first-ever Premier League appearance.

First-half goals from Ivan Toney and Emiliano Marcondes were enough for Thomas Frank's side to beat the Swans at Wembley Stadium and join Norwich and Watford at the high table of the domestic game from next season onwards.

It ends a run of nine straight play-off defeats over the past 30 years, and brings to a close a 74-year absence from the top division for the Bees, in front of a crowd of 11,689 in north London.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/brentford-promoted-to-premier-league-after-championship-play-off-/1uq2tsfc97lrt1c5cvcs4dsl1c

Re: EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. by starstaz(m): 5:04pm On May 29, 2021
congratulations. perseverance pays a lot. this team narrowly missed out of promotion this time last season.

2 Likes

Re: EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. by Easyincome24: 5:10pm On May 29, 2021
Brentford will be the 50th different team to play in the Premier League, and the 10th side from London to do so. Welcome.

THE STREAK IS BROKEN Honeybee

10 playoffs played Chart with upwards trend

9 lost Loudly crying face

1 WIN Smiling face with sunglasses

Brentford promoted to the Premier League!!!
Re: EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. by kingjooo(m): 5:22pm On May 29, 2021
Congratulations! We finally made it. I wanted bournemouth fc to qualify before,but instead i placed a course on them the day they lost 1-0 ft at home against wycombe fc.That game alone denied me N950,000. Infact i don double the course today again, them no go enter epl till 2030. lol

2 Likes

Re: EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. by Easyincome24: 5:24pm On May 29, 2021
kingjooo:
Congratulations! We finally made it. I wanted bournemouth fc to qualify before,but instead i placed a course on them the day they lost 1-0 ft at home against wycombe fc.That game alone denied me N950,000. Infact i don double the course today again, them no go enter epl till 2030. lol

This wan na swear on top club wey no know you are existing.

Weting happen?
Re: EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. by Slynation(m): 5:29pm On May 29, 2021
Well deserved Victory....they have really suffered, last season saw Ole Watkins and Said benrahma missing important opportunities when they faced Barnsley in a must win game that would have eventually landed them the championship trophy but played out a 1-1 draw including missing a penalty and later lost out to Fulham during the playoffs...
I hope they become the New Leeds in Premier League....
Re: EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. by philo04(m): 5:30pm On May 29, 2021
Welcome home ...now arsenal go hear am

2 Likes

Re: EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. by Chloraseptic: 5:30pm On May 29, 2021
I feel sorry for our African boy, Ayew.

I hope they don't turn out to be another Westbrom

2 Likes

Re: EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. by Easyincome24: 5:34pm On May 29, 2021
philo04:
Welcome home ...now arsenal go hear am

Why Arsenal? No be ball dem go play? What abut Tottenham, West Ham etc? Na so Leeds come do gra gra las las we know how e go for them.
Re: EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. by philo04(m): 5:46pm On May 29, 2021
Easyincome24:

Why Arsenal? No be ball dem go play? What abut Tottenham, West Ham etc? Na so Leeds come do gra gra las las we know how e go for them.
Leeds go relegation?
Re: EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. by samwash(m): 5:53pm On May 29, 2021
So those kids that saw them go to relegation that year are now grandpa/grandma,many of them have waited internity for them to come back to the EPL.
Congratulations to them.

1 Like

Re: EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:07pm On May 29, 2021
This life. The Fulham that defeated them in last year play off finals got relegated to the championship. While they are now promoted. I felt pity for them last year.

1 Like

Re: EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. by Easyincome24: 6:12pm On May 29, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
This life. The Fulham that defeated them in last year play off finals got relegated to the championship. While they are now promoted. I felt pity for them last year.
Such is life. We should never lose hope even when things ain't turning as expected.
This season is theirs!
Re: EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. by Easyincome24: 6:15pm On May 29, 2021
Why this news not on frontpage?
Are they not being recognized?

At least this is a record breaking news to be promoted to EPL 2021/2022
Re: EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 29, 2021
Now, this is exactly what I am talking about.

Fresh faces in the EPL. Fresh faces in everything as a matter of fact.

But why do they sort of remind me of Sheffield United. sad I hope... I hope they... sad sad
Re: EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. by paulolee(m): 7:09pm On May 29, 2021
congrats but dnt act like another sheifield dt were relegated before the season even got started
Re: EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. by paulolee(m): 7:10pm On May 29, 2021
Easyincome24:
Why this news not on frontpage?
Are they not being recognized?

At least this is a record breaking news to be promoted to EPL 2021/2022
its because this nite belong to UCL final, maybe they would push it tomorrow or next week
Re: EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. by paulolee(m): 7:13pm On May 29, 2021
kingjooo:
if curses do work against tickets busters eeh, clubs like napoli, milan, barca, man.u, Liverpool, madrid, atheltico, man.u n even their oga arsenal would endup tropyless for a long time because of soo manu tickets dm burst this season....dt arsenal own fit reach 700yrs
Re: EFL: Brentford Finally Promoted To Premier League After 74 Years Of Absence. by kingjooo(m): 10:35pm On May 29, 2021
paulolee:

if curses do work against tickets busters eeh, clubs like napoli, milan, barca, man.u, Liverpool, madrid, atheltico, man.u n even their oga arsenal would endup tropyless for a long time because of soo manu tickets dm burst this season....dt arsenal own fit reach 700yrs
Hahahahaha na so bro

(1) (Reply)

Messi Is The Greatest Footballer I Have Played Against – Ronaldo Confesses / Marcos Alonso Of Chelsea Vows To Stop Taking The Knee In Fight Against Racism / Thibaut Courtois Criticizes UEFA And FIFA Over Match Schedules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.