Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Call For Proposal - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Call For Proposal (697 Views)

See What My Boyfriend Is Doing To Me After I Accepted His Proposal / Please, I Am Defending My Research Proposal Tommorrow, I Need Help / Nairaland Christmas Picnic Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Call For Proposal by abdulkab(m): 9:47am On Jul 13, 2007
Can any one write proposal on one of the following:health,population or human right.for clarity:for example-Eradication of puverty and abortion in nigeria base on the following in formation,I can be reached on 08034978700,08057783260 or 082-488888 e-mail adisakabiru@yahoo.co.uk
Please read below:

How To Apply For A Grant
The best first step in applying for a grant in Nigeria is to submit a one-page summary and a two- to three-page letter of inquiry. There are no deadlines for submitting letters of inquiry. Please do not send the letter of inquiry by fax. Send it by mail to the or by e-mail to One-Page Summary
This summary page should provide:
• Information regarding who will carry out the work
• Name of your organization (and acronym if commonly used)
• Name of parent organization, if any
• Name of chief executive officer or person holding similar position
• Organization's address (and courier address if different)
• Organization's phone number, fax number, and e-mail address, if any
• Name and title of the principal contact person, if different from the above
• Address (and courier address if different), phone number, fax number, and e-mail address, if any, of principal contact
• Web address, if any
Letter of Inquiry
There is no set format, but letters of inquiry generally include the following:
• Name or topic of the proposed project or work to be done
• A brief statement (two or three sentences) of the purpose and nature of the proposed work
• The significance of the issue addressed by the project and how it relates to a stated program strategy
• How the work will address the issue
• How the issue relates to your organization, and why your organization is qualified to undertake the project
• Geographic area or country where the work will take place
• Time period for which funding is requested
• Information about those who will be helped by and interested in the work and how you will communicate with them
• Amount of funding requested from and total cost (estimates are acceptable)
• You are welcome to enclose attachments that you feel would help the Foundation understand your project.
The Foundation's Response
We will send you an acknowledgment that your letter of inquiry was received, and we will direct it to the appropriate staff members for review. If as a result of that review the Foundation concludes that there is no prospect of Foundation funding, we will notify you promptly.
If the Foundation decides that your project might qualify for a grant, we will contact you to discuss next steps and what further information is required.
All material submitted becomes the property of the Foundation. The Foundation sometimes submits inquiries or proposals to confidential outside review.
As is now the case with most charities in the United States who make grants to organizations based outside the United States, the Foundation checks the names of foreign based grantees, and the principal officers and directors of such grantees, against one or more lists maintained by the U.S. government, the European Union, and the United Nations, which contain the names determined by such entities to be terrorist organizations or individual terrorists. This process is a result of legislation passed by the U.S. Congress, Executive Orders issued by the U.S. President, and suggested guidelines issued by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. The Foundation has developed a set of principles to guide the Foundation's response to these regulatory initiatives, which are available by contacting the Foundation at:.
Deadlines
With the exception of the Fund for Leadership Development, for which deadlines are advertised yearly, there are no fixed deadlines. Deadlines for the Fund for Leadership Development will be announced on this website and in the local media in Nigeria. In all other areas, the Foundation makes grants throughout the year.
What the Foundation Does Not Support
Please note that the Foundation does not support political activities or attempts to influence action on specific legislation. We do not provide scholarships or tuition assistance for undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate studies; nor do we support annual fundraising drives, institutional benefits, honorary functions, or similar projects.
Re: Call For Proposal by olanajim(m): 11:51pm On Jul 14, 2007
How do we follow up on the letter after postage? Do one just wait for reply, or go to the organisation if he think the reply is coming too late?

(1) (Reply)

Randomly Found This Site / Hello / My Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.