Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,112 members, 7,818,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu (2572 Views)

Chelsea Players, Coach Celebrate Champions League Final Win (Photos, Video) / ​Red Star Belgrade Ride Army Tank To Celebrate Champions League Qualification / Enugu Liverpool Fans Celebrate Champions League Trophy With Ram Inside Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by obembet(f): 7:13am On May 30, 2021
Thomas Tuchel completed a memorable night in Porto by meeting his boss Roman Abramovich for the first time just minutes after Chelsea's Champions League win against Manchester City.

The billionaire owner hasn't been to Stamford Bridge since 2018 following political tensions between the UK and Russia but he was in Portugal to see his latest managerial appointment mastermind a famous 1-0 victory against Pep Guardiola's favourites.

It was the second time Chelsea have won the Champions League under Abramovich and, just like 2012, it followed a change in the hot seat with Tuchel replacing Frank Lampard in January.

'I spoke to the owner right now on the pitch,' said Tuchel as he celebrated his triumph.

'It was the best moment for our first meeting, or the worst because from now on things can only get worse!

'We will speak tomorrow and I am looking forward to it. I can assure him I will stay hungry. I want the next title and I feel absolutely happy. I feel part of a really ambitious club and strong group that suits my belief and passion about football.

'We have work to do to close the gap (on Manchester City in the Premier League) and this is what I am all about. It will be nice to meet him (Abramovich) a big closer.

'We are in constant contact but not personal. He knows what is going on from me but not directly, now it is nice to meet him.'

Part of the discussions will be for Abramovich to rubberstamp a new long-term contract for the 47-year-old German who was initially offered only 18 months when he joined.

Indeed, Tuchel seemed to think it was a formality with his agent in negotiations while he prepared for the final.

'Maybe I already have a new contract, my manager said something about it. Let's check this first,' he said.

Tuchel got the better of Pep Guardiola who sprung a surprise by leaving his captain on the bench.

'I expected Fernandinho in the line up to start,' admitted the Chelsea boss. He (Guardiola) chose a very offensive line up. A very technical line up. It was hard to steal the balls and recover the balls. Everything else we expected.'

Having finished fourth in the Premier League and lost to Leicester City in the FA Cup Final, Tuchel promises Champions League glory should be a springboard to domestic success.

'Of course this is the time for one or two weeks to reflect and talk about winning the final but after that it does surprisingly little to you. Nobody wants to rest, I don't want to rest.

'I want the next title and the process of quality and consistency. I demand to be a part of it. That is what comes next.'

England's Mason Mount, who set up the winning goal for Kai Havertz, admitted bursting into tears on seeing his dad after the final whistle.

'I can't put the feelings into words, it's impossible,' he said. 'I played in two FA Cup finals for Chelsea and lost, the way that hurt. All I have dreamed about is winning a trophy with Chelsea.

'To go all the way in the Champions League, played some tough teams and win it. It's such a special occasion. At this moment in time, we're the best team in the world. You can't take that away from us!'

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHEdoNw_ZLA

Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by SmartProf(m): 7:16am On May 30, 2021
Roman Abramovich is a solid man. He only smiles at his coaches who win big things, else what you'll get is a red card. This is what the Arsenal board doesn't seem to know...right now laughing at Arsenal feels like laughing at someone who is handicapped. Once again let me remind Chelsea haters that Chelsea are Champions of Europe, not some local breed like Man City.

8 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by Amotolongbo(f): 7:18am On May 30, 2021
Congrats to Chelsea anyway

What if Buhari sees this below, will he be happy with Chelsea and the fans in Nigeria defacing a cow?
If Buhari declares them a terrorist group now and proscribe them, they will start abusing the President.

Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by Deborah98(f): 7:20am On May 30, 2021
Once again congratulations Chelsea cheesy. The sky has always been blue
Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by Amotolongbo(f): 7:22am On May 30, 2021
Deborah98:
Once again congratulations Chelsea cheesy. The sky has always been blue
Not that kind of Chelsea blue.

If the sky over which you are standing or dwelling suddenly turns that kinda Chelsea blue, won’t you seriously panic?

4 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by heniford2: 7:32am On May 30, 2021
Who dey talk ..... grin cheesy
Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by egoriboy: 7:32am On May 30, 2021
Meanwhile willian rejected a 2 yr contract from Chelsea to sign for Arsenal cos he heard their project was to win the champions league in 3 yrs.

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by obembet(f): 7:36am On May 30, 2021
This trophy is dedicated to Roman Abramovich for taking that bold decision of sacking Frank Lampard mid season. That’s a tactical masterclass and big lesson to Manchester United.

Ole can not win anything

10 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by paulolee(m): 7:44am On May 30, 2021
congrats man...all business man wish is to see dt big win at the end of the day after huge investment..
I know how badly club owners like dt of city n PSG really hoped to get thier hands on this trophy but faith said it belongs to Chelsea bcoz dt wasn't d city i knew all season..
pep is used to such set back n e would come back stronger, If klopp n tuchel did it, pep can also come bk n win it..
congrats blues...d sky is blue indeed, enjoy while it lasts..

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by Deborah98(f): 7:45am On May 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Not that kind of Chelsea blue
lolzzzzz blue na blue joor grin..

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by paulolee(m): 7:47am On May 30, 2021
obembet:
This trophy is dedicated to Roman Abramovich for taking that bold decision of sacking Frank Lampard mid season. That’s a tactical masterclass and big lesson to Manchester United.

Ole can not win anything
tactical masterclass indeed, dt would also get tuchel sacked when tinz starts to go wrong at the beginning of next season..
this life eh...congrats sha before them go call me hater..
Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by paulolee(m): 7:48am On May 30, 2021
egoriboy:
Meanwhile willian rejected a 2 yr contract from Chelsea to sign for Arsenal cos he heard their project was to win the champions league in 3 yrs.
thats life for u bro, samw with thiago silver dt PSG dumped without giving a new contract
CNT blame the players of their ex clubs because they know better why these guys av to leave..
Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by Amotolongbo(f): 7:51am On May 30, 2021
Deborah98:
lolzzzzz blue na blue joor grin..

Can you stay under that kinda Chelsea color sky and not panic?

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by Deborah98(f): 7:55am On May 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:

Can you stay under that kinda Chelsea color sky and not panic?
undecided

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by Righteousness2(m): 8:45am On May 30, 2021
Great win for the blues!
Managers have a Great impact on the game of Football.
Just look at how Thomas Tuchel turned an underperforming Chelsea to European Champions.

Respect to German Coaches. The Last 3 European Trophy has been won by German Managers.

Respect to a the Greatest Silent Achiever of all times, Ngolo Kante ! That guy is so humble but one of the Greatest Footballers on Earth today .

3 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by ogmask: 9:03am On May 30, 2021
I don't even know what to say about Kante. What manner of humility and strength. For me, Kante is the best in what he does . That guy na somethjng else aswearugad .

2 Likes

Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by design106: 9:44am On May 30, 2021
I wish Man U had someone like this man on their board.

Congrats to Chelsea anyways.
Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by obembet(f): 9:52am On May 30, 2021
mynd44
Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by Nobody: 10:29am On May 30, 2021
Congrats to all Chelsea fans world over. We did it against all odds.

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by manuel4real(m): 11:47am On May 30, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Not that kind of Chelsea blue.

If the sky over which you are standing or dwelling suddenly turns that kinda Chelsea blue, won’t you seriously panic?
grin
Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by Amotolongbo(f): 12:23pm On May 30, 2021
Righteousness2:
Great win for the blues!
Managers have a Great impact on the game of Football.
Just look at how Thomas Tuchel turned an underperforming Chelsea to European Champions.

Respect to German Coaches. The Last 3 European Trophy has been won by German Managers.

Respect to a the Greatest Silent Achiever of all times, [b]Ngolo Kante ! That guy is so humble but one of the Greatest Footballers on Earth today[/b] .
Ngolo Kante is a practicing Muslim o

Will he make heaven?
Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by Roma10: 1:36pm On May 30, 2021
Well done boiz
Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by Precioussilas10: 1:36pm On May 30, 2021
Ngolo for president! Without this man and James,the rest will be history.

Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:58pm On May 30, 2021
Roman is a football enthusiastic man... Man was so happy last night when cesar hugged him last night, cesar told him "I don't know where the cup is right now but I will bring it to you, because it's your"

1 Like

Re: Roman Abramovich Joins Chelsea Plays On Pitch To Celebrate Champions League Triu by Kindledlight(m): 6:43pm On May 30, 2021
paulolee:
congrats man...all business man wish is to see dt big win at the end of the day after huge investment..
I know how badly club owners like dt of city n PSG really hoped to get thier hands on this trophy but faith said it belongs to Chelsea bcoz dt wasn't d city i knew all season..
pep is used to such set back n e would come back stronger, If klopp n tuchel did it, pep can also come bk n win it..
congrats blues...d sky is blue indeed, enjoy while it lasts..

Be consoling yourself there.

Which Pep is used to such set back?

Set back ko, set front ni.

(1) (Reply)

How Lionel Messi Is Positioning Himself As Number One Balloon D'or Candidate / An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi By Ayo Akinfe / ‘eden Hazard Failed To Deliver’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.