Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,537 members, 7,958,649 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:45 PM

The Biafran War: Tales From My Father (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Biafran War: Tales From My Father (video) (451 Views)

Northern Muslims Blast Tinubu For Calling Allah 'Father' (Video) / Labourers Find Biafra Pounds Hidden In Bottle And Buried During Biafran War / The Untold Story Of The Biafran Ogbunigwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Biafran War: Tales From My Father (video) by BinamRex: 3:06pm On May 30, 2021
As we commemorate the fallen Biafran soldiers on this day, let me narrate a story my father told me.

My father was enlisted in the army during the Biafran war and he fought for the federal government alongside recruits who were Tivs, Idomas, Ijaws, Urhobos, Itshekiris, Bini, etc.

When my father told me this, I didn't want to say he was lying, but I told him he was being economical with the truth, but he said lots of things that convinced me and I knew he was honest about his experiences during the war.

Atrocities were committed and they were sickening. You have to watch this video to understand the full gist.

Please, do subscribe to my channel, like and share this video. I want to know your thoughts about what my father said. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcRQgSYOzwU
Re: The Biafran War: Tales From My Father (video) by davinchecodes(m): 3:22pm On May 30, 2021
BinamRex:
As we commemorate the fallen Biafran soldiers on this day, let me narrate a story my father told me.

My father was enlisted in the army during the Biafran war and he fought for the federal government alongside recruits who were Tivs, Idomas, Ijaws, Urhobos, Itshekiris, Bini, etc.

When my father told me this, I didn't want to say he was lying, but I told him he was being economical with the truth, but he said lots of things that convinced me and I knew he was honest about his experiences during the war.

Atrocities were committed and they were sickening. You have to watch this video to understand the full gist.

Please, do subscribe to my channel, like and share this video. I want to know your thoughts about what my father said. Thanks.

The problem is Nigeria only understands one language, which is violence.

What's happening in the east, I believe is as a result of the extra judicial killings by the Nigerian govt.

2 Likes

Re: The Biafran War: Tales From My Father (video) by BinamRex: 3:30pm On May 30, 2021
davinchecodes:

The problem is Nigeria only understands one language, which is violence.

What's happening in the east, I believe is as a result of the extra judicial killings by the Nigerian govt.

And the annoying thing is that the soldiers deployed in the South-East are needed in the North. Bandits and terrorist are having a field day in the North. They are killing us like flies, but the government isn't doing anything to tackle the situation.

Criminals in the North have become law unto themselves. It's a sad situation.

1 Like

Re: The Biafran War: Tales From My Father (video) by ifynicky: 3:31pm On May 30, 2021
BinamRex:

People do not let go when there is no restitution.

With the way this fake nation is going the killing on the innocent people, we hope another war wont start.

When you say let go, there should be accommodation, restitution, repair, mend all the bridges, but unfortunately this cannot happen. crazy right?

With this high level of nepotism you think people will let go?
With corruption here and there?
With building railway to Niger republic and none in Biafra land you think people will let go?
With sending soldiers to go kill people in Biafra land you think people will let go?

Its painful the mistakes of 1963-67 is repeating itself. Really painful

2 Likes

Re: The Biafran War: Tales From My Father (video) by BinamRex: 3:48pm On May 30, 2021
ifynicky:

People do not let go when there is no restitution.

With the way this fake nation is going the killing on the innocent people, we hope another war wont start.

When you say let go, there should be accommodation, restitution, repair, mend all the bridges, but unfortunately this cannot happen. crazy right?

With this high level of nepotism you think people will let go?
With corruption here and there?
With building railway to Niger republic and none in Biafra land you think people will let go?
With sending soldiers to go kill people in Biafra land you think people will let go?

Its painful the mistakes of 1963-67 is repeating itself. Really painful

The injustice is glaring. Even a blind man can see it. Buhari has been unfair to the Southeast, but don't think that we are having it easy in the North.

Last month, well-armed terrorists attacked a predominantly Christian community in Gombe state and wreaked havoc. Scores were killed and all the houses in the community were touched.

Every major Christain community in Gombe has a Muslim king. The only Christian king died recently and our fanatical governor tried to appoint a Muslim. It caused sectarian crisis and the police were sent to restore order. The matter is still in court.

Christians are being butchered in Southern Kaduna and the govt isn't doing anything about it.

I am trying to make you understand that we aren't having it easy in the North. Muslims aren't even left out of the madness going on. They are attacked and butchered by bandits and terrorists.

Buhari has to go for the nation to heal. He only cares about Fulani people and their cows and he makes no pretense about it. Nigeria has never been this divided. Buhari is bad luck. There can be no peace where injustice thrives, but we have to give it a shot.

I don't know what else to say. I recently read an article where it was stated that influential Muslims advised Buhari through the chief of staff to appoint an Igbo man as COS after the death of the previous one, but he ignored them. A lot of northerners, Christians and Muslims, are sick of Buhari's nepotism and lopsided appointments, but what else can we do?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Reason The Army And Police Are Killing Igbo Youths At An Increased Rate. / NDDC: Timi Frank Urges Buhari To Respect Tompolo’s Ultimatum / Acknowledge Nigeria Is A Failed Country, Ex-American Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.