Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu (822 Views)

Tinubu Flops Again: Says 100 Bags Thousand Barrels Of Oil / It Will Be Easier To Get Biafra Through Obi CUBANA Than MNK / Ikpeazu: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through Barrels Of The Gun, No IPOB In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by EgobiambuEmmanuel(m): 8:50am On May 31, 2021
Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State believes violence is not the best way to achieve the creation of an independent Biafra nation, insisting that there are better means of going about such agitation.

Ikpeazu noted this when he featured as a guest on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics, recalling his experiences during the Nigerian Civil War.

“I don’t believe in Biafra through the barrels of the gun because I saw a little bit of the Civil War and I don’t want that kind of thing and I don’t see the prospects of that venture and I don’t want anything that will be suicidal,” the governor said during the show.

The proscribed Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) which is spearheading recent agitations for the creation of the nation had issued a sit-at-home order in the southeast but the governor said he does not recognise the group, and waved off the move.

“As far as we are concerned in Abia, there is nothing like IPOB,” Ikpeazu said but admitted that “it is difficult to proscribe an ideology.”

While advocating for justice and equity in the nation, the Abia governor argued that some of the agitations from Nigerians are germane and should be addressed.

“If Biafra is a metaphor for agitation against injustice in any way, then there is Biafra in the heart of every Nigerian,” he added, just as he called on the citizens to project things that unite the nation.

The governor who recalled that the late women’s rights activist and social mobilizer Margaret Ekpo was a councilor in Abia State, and that someone from Kano State was once a mayor in Enugu State, lamented the rising level of disunity in Nigeria.

“Why are we not taking steps to build bridges? Rather we are emphasizing things that divide us – ethnicity, religion – all those things that divide us,” the governor said.

A Nigerian court had in 2017 outlawed IPOB with the Federal Government designating the group as terrorists.

Clashes between members of the separatist body and the country’s security agencies have made headlines in recent months, heightening fears in the region.

The Nigerian Army had on Saturday reiterated its commitment to crushing Boko Haram terrorists, IPOB, as well as end all forms of criminality in the country.

Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Major General Farouk Yahaya who stated this during the passing out parade of the 80 regular recruits intake at the Nigerian Army Depot, Zaria in Kaduna State, admitted that the country is facing severe security challenges.

“Nigeria is facing numerous security challenges occasioned by the activities of Boko Haram terrorist group, armed bandits kidnappers, IPOB and other criminal elements. We would not rest on our oars until this country is safe for all of us,” he said at the event where he was represented by the General Officer Commanding One Mechanized Division of the Nigerian Army, Major General Danjuma Ali-Keffi.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/05/30/i-dont-believe-in-biafra-through-the-barrels-of-the-gun-ikpeazu/

Re: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by Baawaa(m): 8:52am On May 31, 2021
You no want die
Re: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by Grace001: 8:53am On May 31, 2021
But he would have believe in Biafra through referendum...

What most of the southern governors are seeing while sitting, youths can’t see it if they climb on trees.

Even though are part of the oppressors, most southern governors want the best for their state but their hands are tied with this northern oligarchy government at the center who is in control of security and resources.

This heartless, brutal and wicked oligarchy will kill and jail any individual or group that want to change the status quo

A very good example is sanwo-olu in Lagos, he saw what played out at lekki tollgate and he said happened that night was “force beyond is control” . The next day he changed narratives.

We all saw how southerners governors banned open grazing within southern region for the interest of southern farmers, northern oligarchy government at the center was against the ban “ just on cow matter that affected Fulani”

Nigeria belong to northern oligarchy, southern governors are puppet.
Re: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by Coldshisha: 8:54am On May 31, 2021
Ikpeazu or any other sensible Ibo elite that survives on Niger Delta Oyel doesn't support division of One Nigeria

Politicians, pensioners, civil servants, contractors, importers all depend on forex gotten from Niger Delta
Re: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by complexBoss12: 8:57am On May 31, 2021
I may not agree with Nnamdi Kanu's method, but something needs to be done about Buhari and his kinsmen.
Re: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by HolyMonks: 9:01am On May 31, 2021
So sad that people has to engage in violence to get there freedom.
What happened to dialogue?.
Re: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by PrinceOfLagos: 9:05am On May 31, 2021
I see fear in his eyes
Re: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by tutudesz: 9:06am On May 31, 2021
Coldshisha:
Ikpeazu or any other sensible Ibo elite that survives on Niger Delta Oyel doesn't support division of One Nigeria

Politicians, pensioners, civil servants, contractors, importers all depend on forex gotten from Niger Delta
Because they know free allocation will stop and they must work. Even people shouting biafra are aware of this and that Kanu is busy begging Niger Delta to join and Support biafra, because of free oil money
Re: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by KEVIND: 9:07am On May 31, 2021
Words on marble
“You can proscribe an individual, you can proscribe a group, you can proscribe an organization but it is difficult to proscribe an ideology.”~Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu on Politics today, Channels TV, 30 May 2021.
Re: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by GreyLaw(m): 9:09am On May 31, 2021
tutudesz:

Because they know free allocation will stop and they must work. Even people shouting biafra are aware of this and that Kanu is busy begging Niger Delta to join and Support biafra, because of free oil money

Read about the bight of Biafra. Most of what is called SS today was part of it. The East has one of the largest deposits of natural gas plus huge deposits of oil. I don't think anybody is begging anybody. The truth is just that those guys were all together before the civil war.
Re: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by Coldshisha: 9:11am On May 31, 2021
tutudesz:

Akwa Ibom- the largest oil producer with 31.4% (504,000 BPD)
Delta – 21.56% (346,000 BPD)
Rivers – 21.43% (344,000 BPD)
Bayelsa – 18.07% (290,000 BPD)
Ondo – 3.74% (60,000 BPD)
Lagos – 2.64% (40,000 BPD)
Edo – 2.06% (33,000 BPD)
Imo-1.06 % (17,000 BPD)

This are the Odogwu and people feeding one Nigeria, everyone just like hiding the real truth
Re: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by tutudesz: 9:14am On May 31, 2021
GreyLaw:

Read about the bight of Biafra. Most of what is called SS today was part of it. The East has one of the largest deposits of natural gas plus huge deposits of oil. I don't think anybody is begging anybody. The truth is just that those guys were all together before the civil war.
All together by map, doesn't make us one. Nigeria group us into one and after Nigeria is gone, we end that relationship too
Re: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by Skillsnigeria: 9:14am On May 31, 2021
South east governor's keep deceiving themselves
Re: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by Coldshisha: 9:15am On May 31, 2021
GreyLaw:

So what's the big deal about bight of Miafra/Biafra named by Portugese trader

Adaka Boro of Ijaw people was the first to demand to leave Eastern region and have Ijaw nation, Ojuckwu and Aguiyi Ironsi persecuted him,

It's on record most ethnicity in Niger Delta have specifically asked both Ojuckwu, Uwazurike and Kanu to count them out
Re: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by tutudesz: 9:16am On May 31, 2021
Coldshisha:

Akwa Ibom- the largest oil producer with 31.4% (504,000 BPD)
Delta – 21.56% (346,000 BPD)
Rivers – 21.43% (344,000 BPD)
Bayelsa – 18.07% (290,000 BPD)
Ondo – 3.74% (60,000 BPD)
Lagos – 2.64% (40,000 BPD)
Edo – 2.06% (33,000 BPD)
Imo-1.06 % (17,000 BPD)

This are the Odogwu and people feeding one Nigeria, everyone just like hiding the real truth
The PIB bills is yet to be passed because of this same reason, all Senators from other zones are Killing the bill. They will never agree for resource control either
Re: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by Coldshisha: 9:19am On May 31, 2021
tutudesz:

The PIB bills is yet to be passed because of this same reason, all Senators from other zones are Killing the bill. They will never agree for resource control either

Lol

PIB will remain a dream, resource control won't happen especially crude oil and solid mineral , we will all decieve ourselves till Crude Oil becomes obsolete
Re: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by Asgard73: 9:27am On May 31, 2021
Coldshisha:

Coming from a Yoruba man.

Your fear is real.
Re: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by Penguin2: 9:28am On May 31, 2021
Put the statement in inverse, it means he believes in Biafra just not by barrel of the gun.
Re: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by tutudesz: 9:33am On May 31, 2021
Coldshisha:

Lol

PIB will remain a dream, resource control won't happen especially crude oil and solid mineral , we will all decieve ourselves till Crude Oil becomes obsolete
Resource means less allocation, governor's from the Northerner states, South West states and South East state are spending billions to kill PIB and will spend now that Constitution amendment is going on too.
Re: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through The Barrels Of The Gun – Ikpeazu by hisgrace090: 9:53am On May 31, 2021
South east leaders blindfolded by federal allocation.

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Is This Igbo Sister Right -Let us Know Your View ( 5 minute video ) / Where Is Jubril? / A KILLER COP. NOT A SUPER COP. USEFUL IDIOTS TAKE NOTE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.