Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Adventure - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Adventure (364 Views)

Adventure With The Slay Queen's / Secret Of The Creed(story About Adventure,betrayal And Vengeance) By Zhuxu / My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adventure by Megamercy(m): 10:47am On May 31, 2021
You are all invited oooooooo
I will be posting twice in a week
Re: Adventure by Megamercy(m): 10:59am On May 31, 2021
Copyright © 2021 All rights reserved.

This book is copyright and so no part of it may be reproduced, store in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, photocopying or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the copyright owner.
Adventure
Odesanya Temitayo( megamercy)
Dedicated to the Most High God, and to my mentor, father and boss "Pastor Adeyemi Abraham"
Re: Adventure by Megamercy(m): 11:03am On May 31, 2021
This story is pure fiction
Your corrections, shares, likes, comments are welcome ......
Re: Adventure by Megamercy(m): 12:05pm On May 31, 2021
Chapter one
On Saturday i was in the living room sitting on the sofa, listening to one famous gospel song. Though it was a room and parlour self-contain apartment, but at least it was well furnished, both living room and bedroom were painted with orange colour, POP ceiling, tiled floor, flat screen TV set, fan, sofa, speakers, white black framed picture of a tree (due to my love for natural things), and other home appliances.

............ I'm oluwagbemiga Johnson, a graduate of mass communication from a prestigious university in the country. I'm presently employed as a reporter in a well known media house. Since i couldn't secure a job for a long period of time after my national youth service, i have to accept the offer of being a reporter...... Fast forward to the present, i was sitting on the sofa listening to music and surfing the internet to gather latest information in the world of sport, I don't go to work on weekends except on special occasions, i do most of my work from home.
Light was restored, so i plugged my laptop. i still have my earpod fixed enjoying the melody............. Koo ..ko..ko, is what i heard, someone knocks from the other end.
Re: Adventure by Megamercy(m): 5:49pm On Jun 03, 2021
Chapter 2
Light was restored, so i plugged my laptop. i still have my earpod fixed enjoying the melody............. Koo ..ko..ko, is what i heard, someone knocks from the other end. The sound came from the vacant apartment that is behind mine which was occupied by Mr and Mrs Alex before they packed out last week, I'm sure the person must be looking for Mrs Alex cos Mr Alex is a busy type who comes home every two weeks. My intention was to tell whoever is knocking that nobody is living presently there, but behold! I found before me a pretty lady clad in a beautiful gown, a nice shoe and carrying a big bag, i guess she must be in her late twenties. ....... Good evening ma .. good evening sir (she reciprocated), sir i have been knocking for the past two minutes now but i couldn't get any response, did you have idea of their whereabout or do they travel?..she said...em em (it's not that i use to stammer but i just don't know what's going on, cos it's been a while i felt like this, even in my University days i don't really have time to run after ladies. Ma, i finally compose my self) they packed out last week. Oh!, And i wanted to pay them a surprise visit, but it went wrong she said. Can you please put a call through to them ..... I have done that before you came out but it's not going through, sir, don't you have idea of where they moved to?. I don't have the idea ma, you can call Mr Alex, perhaps you can message the wife on WhatsApp, ok i will do that, thank you and enjoy the rest of your day she said, and you too ma, i responded. I almost forget that i was doing something before coming out, i rushed in, it was 5:35pm already, i quickly send the news i have gathered immediately to the mail of the editor, glory to God I'm done with today's work.
I shutdown my laptop and went straight to bathroom to freshen up. Afterwards, i dress up putting on one of my favorite trouser, t-shirt, wrist watch and sandal, heading straight to worker's meeting in the church i attend. I picked up my Bible, when i checked the time after moving out of the compound it was a minute to six, though my church is very near to my place, so i increase my pace cos I hate not being prompt, even when I'm still an undergraduate i use to be in class thirty minutes before the lecture. Luckily they are on opening prayer when i reach there so i quickly join them.

While going home after worker's meeting i branch to a nearby supermarket to get a carton of noodles and some food stuff. Later that evening when i finish cooking i set the table but i remember that my editor will send a message after receiving the mail so that i will be assured that he has seen the mail, so i went straight to where i kept my laptop, i pressed the power button and check my mail immediately, what i saw is quite different from what i was expecting, though it's from my boss but what i saw was "Good evening Mr Johnson, hope you are good?, Did you have any idea, or perhaps have you been engaged in any form of investigative reporting or journalism before, i mean during your service year, if yes send a reply immediately you see this mail. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Average Life .. A Short Story / . / Which Work Of Literature Is Your Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.