Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months (24291 Views)

Hameed Ali Marries Zainab Abdullahi As New Wife (Photos) / Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali / Customs Officer Promotes Self To CG, Asks Hameed Ali To Hand Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by Philipmems(m): 2:19pm On May 31, 2021
GboyegaD:
There is so much money in Nigeria however, the manual ways of doing things is one of the reasons why corruption thrives.

True talk, they prefer it that way so that when they steal they can cover their track.
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 31, 2021
Silent Achiever. Next Nigeria Presidential Candidate

Don't quote me with insult and not feeling fine
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by Chirowman(m): 2:20pm On May 31, 2021
Okay
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by PGKing1(m): 2:22pm On May 31, 2021
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by Martini101(m): 2:24pm On May 31, 2021
Imagine the figures if the Northern Borders were patrolled effectively.

1 Like

Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 31, 2021
Lattop:
Thief! dey don loot importers dry
Walaihi, Am really tired for this country. Some gullible nigerians screaming incredible. And na still nigerians go suffer am, cuz importers will impose those import levies during sales. cry cry

1 Like

Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by patrickmuf(m): 2:28pm On May 31, 2021
Trust me, that amount realized will be close to 1.5tr but them don loot the rest, na this one them report...

The kind money wey this country get eh!

1 Like

Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by LordGuru1: 2:28pm On May 31, 2021
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by Ijaya123: 2:29pm On May 31, 2021
Holiegrail2:
That's really great, Yet tomorrow FG will want to borrow/loan money. All these Internal Generated Revenues, whose account do they go to?

To all the 3-tiers of government, every month.
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by neighbourhud: 2:31pm On May 31, 2021
We understand
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by lexis(m): 2:31pm On May 31, 2021
It shows local production of basic things we import are seriously declining. No serious country who protects and encourage local production and exports will celebrate customs generating let alone surpassing revenue targets.

We need to get our priorities right in this country.
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 31, 2021
jackcanfield:

When you check now this yeye revenue was derived from import duties..... We keep importing poverty , instead of us to be exporting Jobs. I think with all this wahala going on in this country, it is time to take export very seriously.
..who stopped you from exporting poverty undecided
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by Yoighaman(m): 2:37pm On May 31, 2021
BruncleZuma:
So, why are we still taking loans and borrowing upandan like my neighbour Johnny?

[img]https://media1./images/0d2ab2a829a39772546a1439468ad70b/tenor.gif?itemid=4995479[/img]

Exactly what I wanted to write.

Bloody liars.

1 Like

Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by tivhador: 2:40pm On May 31, 2021
Generated N799billion Naira, right? Watch as that money enters ghost mode cheesy
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by xelly: 2:40pm On May 31, 2021
Is this good news?

I will be glad if a sound economist can explain to me.
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by Yankee101: 2:42pm On May 31, 2021
Convert to dollars

Then decide if any record was broken
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 31, 2021
SANDAT:
How will the Government achieve that when all efforts to limit imports are been resisted by Nigerians in the name of we are suffering.
Well we still have money I guess, biko we should prepare for the raining days o,
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by Coronavirus1: 2:47pm On May 31, 2021
SHARIA LAW HAS ENTER BENIN CITY EDO STATE ALL SHOP NEAR POLICE STATION IS BEEN CLOSED DOWN DUE TO THE DIRECTIVE FROM IGP WIFE THAT ALL DRINKING SPOT IN BARRACKS SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN MY PEOPLE NIGERIA IS TURNING TO ANOTHER THING THEY ARE TRYING TO CAUSE ANOTHER INSECURITY IN NIGERIA
ONLY TODAY THEY BROUGHT LETTER ASKING ALL SHOP SELLING WHOLE SALE DRINK NEAR POLICE STATION TO CLOSED DOWN AS FROM 1 ST OF JUNE. ALL THIS SHOP IS NOT IN THE BARACK IGP WIFE SHOULD NOT DIPLOMATIC BRING SHARIA TO SOUTHERN NIGERIA IT SHOULD STOP IN KANO STATE WHERE DRINK ARE DESTROYED
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 31, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

Ok, that's misleading.

A couple of years ago that figure would have been about $2.3billion but today it's $1.7billion.

Therefore it's probably less or the same in real terms, bearing in mind we import almost everything
hmmm probably ke, moreover the country revenue aren't the same sef compare to then, remember this is just duties, calculate how much left the shores of country , of which I'm sure 70% of the products can be produced, substitute or derived here
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:51pm On May 31, 2021
Igbos generate 95% of that money
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by Ferdinandu(m): 2:52pm On May 31, 2021
Kwanza:

https://dailynigerian.com/customs-hameed-ali-breaks/
That money need to be converted to dollar at today's exchange, then the previous ones also converted to the ongoing exchange rates as of that time before we start clapping for him. The way naira has been sliding and inflation flying up in the last 10yrs, nominal naira value of generated revenue is just deception
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by frog12: 2:52pm On May 31, 2021
he can easily divert 5 bn into his account and no one would know.
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by Jolomenas: 2:52pm On May 31, 2021
patrickmuf:
Trust me, that amount realized will be close to 1.5bn but them don loot the rest, na this one them report...

The kind money wey this country get eh!
You mean trillion?
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by Brushstrokes20: 2:57pm On May 31, 2021
Yet, the redundant coupist keeps borrowing away the future of the shithole!
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by Jolomenas: 2:57pm On May 31, 2021
Coronavirus1:
SHARIA LAW HAS ENTER BENIN CITY EDO STATE ALL SHOP NEAR POLICE STATION IS BEEN CLOSED DOWN DUE TO THE DIRECTIVE FROM IGP WIFE THAT ALL DRINKING SPOT IN BARRACKS SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN MY PEOPLE NIGERIA IS TURNING TO ANOTHER THING THEY ARE TRYING TO CAUSE ANOTHER INSECURITY IN NIGERIA
ONLY TODAY THEY BROUGHT LETTER ASKING ALL SHOP SELLING WHOLE SALE DRINK NEAR POLICE STATION TO CLOSED DOWN AS FROM 1 ST OF JUNE. ALL THIS SHOP IS NOT IN THE BARACK IGP WIFE SHOULD NOT DIPLOMATIC BRING SHARIA TO SOUTHERN NIGERIA IT SHOULD STOP IN KANO STATE WHERE DRINK ARE DESTROYED

That has nothing to do with this thread.
Drunkard
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 31, 2021
Nigeria does not lack the capacity to make money, what we lack is the financial discipline to judiciously use what we have..

With all that we make from Firs,jamb,customs,npa, DPR ,CBN charges etc isn't it a shame that we still go borrowing

We have natural, human and capital resources, our population and our youthful populace .

Our politicians are taking our naira coverting to foreign curency ,moving and stashing our monies abroad,,as if that is not enough they borrow internationally and locally and still take them abroad....

I am not moved even if they make zillions, they will share it

1 Like

Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by LoudLord(m): 3:02pm On May 31, 2021
Money wey una go loot

But why are they telling us?
Re: Customs: Hameed Ali Generates N799bn In 5 Months by Coronavirus1: 3:02pm On May 31, 2021
Jolomenas:

That has nothing to do with this thread.
Drunkard
So you are happy as sharia is been introduced to south south diplomatically

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos From Onari Duke's Birthday Dinner / Attack Ongoing At Malikawa In Gidan Goga, Zamfara State - Amnesty / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial Adjourned To February 16, 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.