Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions (1473 Views)

Armed Robbers Attack Union Bank In Igede Ekiti, Hold Town Hostage. Photos / 56 Bandits Responsible For Kaduna Killings Arrested (photos) / Who Sponsors Delta Avengers, Yahoo Yahoo, Bank Fraud, And Delta Ethnic Tensions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 01, 2021
Hardly a day goes by since March that bad news about killings do not flood the front pages of this once-reputable forum.

The mods think they are doing a good job of reporting terrible unrests and killings. But they fail to recognize the power of subconscious programming.

Nigerians, both well-meaning and the rascals, keep seeing such news. The terrible humans amongst us revel at such reports and forment more trouble. Nairalanders easily punch holes into the cultures of other ethnic groups and tribes here without fear or respect. Mods are slow in deleting such comments and slamming a permanent ban on those monikers.

A high BP patient won’t last five minutes on Nairaland before his heart gives out. I’ve been put under immense mental pressures, personally, to triple my efforts in leaving the country because Seun and his Mods seem to have reached a common resolution: “Sow panic and discord.”

Someone should sue the owner of this forum. If you must report:

1. Report only verified news.
2. Leave terrible killings in the crime section and flood the front pages with only hopeful, financially useful, self-development articles.
3. Ban commenting on any topic that encourages ethnic and tribal bickering.
4. Ban erring monikers permanently. PERMANENTLY. Anyone who puts his village before Nigeria has no place on this forum. If you judge that his financial status is pitiable ban any IP address trying to access this site from his village.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by Fahdiga(m): 11:53am On Jun 01, 2021
Nairaland has turned to a forum where some people are sacred cows and untouchable. They can call a whole tribe pigs and idiots and walk away freely. Every sensible Nigerians knows that nairaland is anti Igbo

12 Likes

Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by donbachi(m): 11:59am On Jun 01, 2021
"BP"..to kill person for nigeria matter.dat person na the biggest fool.
Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 01, 2021
Fahdiga:
Nairaland has turned to a forum where some people are sacred cows and untouchable. They can call a whole tribe pigs and idiots and walk away freely. Every sensible Nigerians knows that nairaland is anti Igbo

For this instigating comment, you deserve a ban, Sir.

Nobody is after your tribe or mine. Stay neutral here.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by HONESTFACT101(m): 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2021
iamadonis2:

Shut up
Even you self is hypocrtical by making this comment the young man said the truth but you are afraid to hear it,I was given a band recently but this miscreant by the name siimplyleo goes around making bigot comments all around nairaland even on front page yet he has not yet been banned,all I know is that the mod knows themselves and what they are doing......signing out

8 Likes

Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by Fahdiga(m): 12:26pm On Jun 01, 2021
iamadonis2:

No you are the one that deserves a long ban for shying away from the truth

6 Likes

Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 01, 2021
HONESTFACT101:

Shut up
Even you self is hypocrtical by making this comment the young man wa8d the truth but you are afraid to hear it,I was given a band recently but this miscreant by the name siimplyleo goes around making bigot comments all around nairaland even on front page yet he has not yet been banned,all I know is that the mod knows themselves and what they are doing......signing out

Then let’s petition the mods to ban Simplyleo forever.

No need for bias to any tribe. No need for news that borders on ethnicity. Let Nairaland even become a complete investment forum sef. I didn’t even finish my topic and a news about a German based Igbo man killed by soldiers has been brought to front-page
Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by HONESTFACT101(m): 12:41pm On Jun 01, 2021
iamadonis2:

Then let’s petition the mods to ban Simplyleo forever.

No need for bias to any tribe. No need for news that borders on ethnicity. Let Nairaland even become a complete investment forum sef. I didn’t even finish my topic and a news about a German based Igbo man killed by soldiers has been brought to front-page
I get your point though the way the topics always emphasize on the tribe helps not the situation of bigotry,but what can you do because once igbo is on the headline the theater generates massive traffic,another one I can't explain is the gloating over the dead......signing out

1 Like

Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by kingthreat(m): 1:18pm On Jun 01, 2021
Nairaland means a land of Naira, which is Nigeria.
Please if you hate Nigeria too much, google "Nigeria Forum", you will find a home for yourself.
Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by BigSarah(f): 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2021
Every single day 4 civil wars are fought on Nairaland and about 2 on Twitter
And at least one on Facebook.

1 Like

Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 01, 2021
BigSarah:

grin grin grin

I haven't laughed so hard in a while.
Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by GhostWisperer: 3:51pm On Jun 01, 2021
iamadonis2:
Hardly a day goes by since March that bad news about killings do not flood the front pages of this once-reputable forum.

The mods think they are doing a good job of reporting terrible unrests and killings. But they fail to recognize the power of subconscious programming.

Nigerians, both well-meaning and the rascals, keep seeing such news. The terrible humans amongst us revel at such reports and forment more trouble. Nairalanders easily punch holes into the cultures of other ethnic groups and tribes here without fear or respect. Mods are slow in deleting such comments and slamming a permanent ban on those monikers.

A high BP patient won’t last five minutes on Nairaland before his heart gives out. I’ve been put under immense mental pressures, personally, to triple my efforts in leaving the country because Seun and his Mods seem to have reached a common resolution: “Sow panic and discord.”

2. Leave terrible killings in the crime section and flood the front pages with only hopeful, financially useful, self-development articles.
4. Ban erring monikers permanently. PERMANENTLY. Anyone who puts his village before Nigeria has no place on this forum. If you judge that his financial status is pitiable ban any IP address trying to access this site from his village.
I have a problem with number 2.

In as much as I find Nairaland contents and moderating skills lacking, you don't tell a news site what to put on its front page or headlines as long as the stories are verified and are facts, it should be reported.

Media don't make the news, news make the media.
Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2021
GhostWisperer:
I have a problem with number 2.

In as much as I find Nairaland contents and moderating skills lacking, you don't tell s news site why to put on its front page or headlines as long as the stories are verified and are facts, it should be reported.

Media don't make the news, news make the media.

I see the wisdom in your comment, too, Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by GhostWisperer: 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2021
Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by AdolfHitlerxXx: 5:20pm On Jun 01, 2021
Fahdiga:

Nnamdi Kanu used that description....

Why not take it up with him?

People just feel since he's a prominent and obeyed leader, he must be copied wink
Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by AdolfHitlerxXx: 5:21pm On Jun 01, 2021
iamadonis2:

Yes ... he should be banned.
Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by Ebenezer2021(m): 11:50pm On Jun 01, 2021
Fahdiga:
you're also one of the frontiers of tribalism and ethnic tensions on this forum.
In a sane society you would have been tracked and arrested

1 Like

Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by dederocs(m): 11:54pm On Jun 01, 2021
True, filter out fake news.
Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by Fahdiga(m): 10:10am On Jun 02, 2021
Ebenezer2021:
you're also one of the frontiers of tribalism and ethnic tensions on this forum.
In a sane society you would have been tracked and arrested
Any proof of your unfounded allegation?
Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2021
Fahdiga:
Any proof of your unfounded allegation?

Respectfully, Sir, your assumption about how igbos are percieved on this forum is quite "instigating"
Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by Merchant247: 1:05pm On Jun 02, 2021
Fahdiga:
No be your supleme reader first named you pig and idiot
Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 07, 2021
Merchant247:

No be your supleme reader first named you pig and idiot

No need for this, Chief!
Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by MansoryMX(m): 6:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
iamadonis2:

If you can’t stand the true nature of this country being dished to you to prepare yourself on an invasion being carried out by Buhari and is blood sucking brothers, the oppressions and atrocities of this present administration and a lot messed up things NTA or ChannelsTV won’t show! Bro get da fvck outta Nairaland!
Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by MansoryMX(m): 6:08pm On Jun 07, 2021
BigSarah:

ROTFL Hahahahahahahahaha cheesy

1 Like

Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2021
MansoryMX:

If you can’t stand the true nature of this country being dished to you to prepare yourself on an invasion being carried out by Buhari and is blood sucking brothers, the oppressions and atrocities of this present administration and a lot messed up things NTA or ChannelsTV won’t show! Bro get da fvck outta Nairaland!

Okay I’ve heard
Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by MansoryMX(m): 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2021
iamadonis2:

Okay I’ve heard

During my NYSC days. I served in Agatu local government. First time I saw humans beheaded, not one or two but fifty four. This goes far back 2015 bro. Imagine the number of people Fulani have killed since then around Benue State. What is their reason? They have a believe Benue State belong to them and that Tiv and Idoma people are not the rightful owners of Benue State! That they are going to claim their lands from them and give their unborn children their parent blood to drink. Now this said people are on a killing spree all over Nigeria. Another 40 lives killed somewhere in Benue State just today again! We ain’t talking about the ones in isolated places without internet access to pass out information of attacks happening! I was a presiding officer during 2015 Voters registration and i can testify 80% of Benue people are farmers who lives in isolated place where there is no internet and hardly mobile phone network! Benue State is bleeding, Nigeria is Bleeding!

1 Like

Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 07, 2021
MansoryMX:

During my NYSC days. I served in Agatu local government. First time I saw humans beheaded, not one or two but fifty four. This goes far back 2015 bro. Imagine the number of people Fulani have killed since then around Benue State. What is their reason? They have a believe Benue State belong to them and that Tiv and Idoma people are not the rightful owners of Benue State! That they are going to claim their lands from them and give their unborn children their parent blood to drink. Now this said people are on a killing spree all over Nigeria. Another 40 lives killed somewhere in Benue State just today again! We ain’t talking about the ones in isolated places without internet access to pass out information of attacks happening! I was a presiding officer during 2015 Voters registration and i can testify 80% of Benue people are farmers who lives in isolated place where there is no internet and hardly mobile phone network! Benue State is bleeding, Nigeria is Bleeding!

Yes Nigeria is bleeding. These gruesome murders you experienced, did it make you a better man? Hell no! If anything, it has robbed you of the last vestiges of hope you had for this country.

Maybe you could deal with it. Some of us cannot. Especially not when it’s thrown in our faces 20 hours outta 24 in a day

2 Likes

Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by MansoryMX(m): 7:12pm On Jun 07, 2021
iamadonis2:

Yes Nigeria is bleeding. These gruesome murders you experienced, did it make you a better man? Hell no! If anything, it has robbed you of the last vestiges of hope you had for this country.

Maybe you could deal with it. Some of us cannot. Especially not when it’s thrown in our faces 20 hours outta 24 in a day

My brother! To be honest with you I am very tired. Even if I decide to run away to Europe with my wife and kids, what about our parents and all we love and have known? Our friends, haters, colleagues, neighbors, everything we have ever known since birth is on the life. I live in the South south and I know these killings are getting closer and closer to my neighborhood.
Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 07, 2021
MansoryMX:

My brother! To be honest with you I am very tired. Even if I decide to run away to Europe with my wife and kids, what about our parents and all we love and have known? Our friends, haters, colleagues, neighbors, everything we have ever known since birth is on the life. I live in the South south and I know these killings are getting closer and closer to my neighborhood.

If you relocate, then try to lift whom you must out of Nigeria too
Re: Hold Nairaland Responsible For Rising Ethnic Tensions by klens(m): 10:08pm On Jun 07, 2021
You are right, personally I have experienced heart pain due to the rate of tribalism in this forum, it's getting too much and most of the moderators are tribalist, they always looking for a post against one tribe to post and those monikers are never banned even after making tribal comments, gone are days when we use this forum to learn business

(1) (2) (Reply)

18-year-old Adeoye Charged With Murder In London / Breaking: Gunmen Strike Again, Kill 2 Brothers In Ukpor, 2 Others In Ozubulu / "I Will Die If I Reveal My Sponsors'— Suspect Arrested With AK-47, Body Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.