Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,437 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

- Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / (1148 Views)

The Novel I Can Never Forget In Secondary School / Record Set! A Lady Becomes The First Female Sug President Of FUNAAB! / Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by iLegendd(m): 2:49pm On Jun 01, 2021
HAVING A SMART PASSWORD: How to Set a Password You'll Never Forget and Will Never Be the Same on Different Sites

I read a post ( https://www.nairaland.com/6581088/forgotten-npower-password ) of someone who forgot his N-Power password and decided to share this solution to help people not to forget their passwords again.

One thing people forget to tell others about the Internet is to never use one password on different sites.

Also, make sure your password has a number(s), a letter(s) in both upper and lowercase, and some symbols, or at least, one. It should be up to 8 or more.

Emotions rule. Set you password based on EMOTION — attach it to someone you love, but unfortunately, he or she passed away. Sad, right? Yes, it is. Such things can't be forgotten easily.

This way, you can never forget the password even 100 years from now.

Your name is Kevin/Mary, but you lost someone dear to you called Michael. What you should do is to use the name  MICHAEL  (the inverted form) as your base password.

Inverse of M = W

Inverse of I = ! (exclamation mark or you can use the number 1)

Inverse of c = ) (i.e bracket close) but let's just use the US cent symbols ¢ as our letter c replacement.

For the letter h, let's leave it like that.

Inverse of a = let's use @

Inverse of E = when you turn the capital letter E back, it gives you the number 3, so let's use 3 for E.

Inverse of L = J, but let's just use it as l. You can use the number 1, but let's just use the lowercase l.

Finally, our base password is Micheal, which is now W!¢h@3l. Remember, the first letter is capital, but the rest are lowercases. Understood?

It's not over yet. We have only gotten our base password, not our final password. Our final password is determined by the site were registering on.

Now, if you want to register on a site, "append" the first letter or the last letter, or the first and last letter of that site to your base password with + or any other symbol.

Example:

Let's assume there is a site called Facebook.com and I want to register on it, my password will be
W!¢h@3l+fk

The first letter of Facebook is f and the last letter is k = +fk. If it's Gmail.com, it'll be +gl. If it's on Binance.com, it'll be +be. If it's Twitter, it'll be +tr and so on. Understood? Sure, you do.

If you don't want to use the first and last letter, you can use the first only or the last only. Also, you can use any other symbol to append the last letter instead of +.

In summary, your beloved Michael is now your password and when you register on different sites with that password, you'll never forget.

I can never forget my passwords and at the same time, they are extremely hard.

So, use the above to stay organized and unique with your passwords. A disorganized man is a lazy man — don't be lazy.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: by StubbornGENIUS: 2:54pm On Jun 01, 2021
Nice Tip.
Learnt something good today thanks to you.
Re: by lilvicky68(m): 2:56pm On Jun 01, 2021
Which kind suffer be this one na..nawa oh..
Re: by Kriss216: 3:00pm On Jun 01, 2021
Una sha get time for nonsense.
Re: by moshoodn(m): 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2021
Nice tips.

Uninformed, please learn.
Re: by Prodigee: 3:15pm On Jun 01, 2021
Why not just use google suggested password and save yourself all these stress?!

1 Like

Re: by iLegendd(m): 3:34pm On Jun 01, 2021
Prodigee:
Why not just use google suggested password and save yourself all these stress?!

Have a pattern, don't hope on Google. Trust me, on day, it may take 200 years, Google may be hacked and information will be compromised.
Re: by iLegendd(m): 3:36pm On Jun 01, 2021
Kriss216:
Una sha get time for nonsense.

If I ask you to elaborate why it's nonsense, you won't.

Okay, why is it nonsense? Something you learn once and enjoy the benefit for life is nonsense? You're funny.
Re: by iLegendd(m): 3:38pm On Jun 01, 2021
lilvicky68:
Which kind suffer be this one na..nawa oh..

No pain, no gain.

The reason crime rate is high in this part of the world is because we want to live a life of no pains, lots of gains.

When we see those that went through pains to gain something, we envy, hate, abuse, kidnap, and even kill them.

That's not good. Face the pains so you can enjoy the gain later. Let everything not look too tedious to us.

3 Likes

Re: by McStoic(m): 10:00pm On Jun 01, 2021
Interesting and worthy read
Re: by lilvicky68(m): 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2021
iLegendd:

No pain, no gain.

The reason crime rate is high in this part of the world is because we want to live a life of no pains, lots of gains.

When we see those that went through pains to gain something, we envy, hate, abuse, kidnap, and even kill them.

That's not good. Face the pains so you can enjoy the gain later. Let everything not look too tedious to us.
Just to type my password I go come dey stress myself..join with Nigerian stress again?
Re: by iLegendd(m): 12:01am On Jun 02, 2021
lilvicky68:

Just to type my password I go come dey stress myself..join with Nigerian stress again?

So, you feel you're the only one going through the Nigerian stress? No, you're not.
Re: by iLegendd(m): 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2021
McStoic:
Interesting and worthy read

1 Like

Re: by drakeskull(m): 6:48am On Jun 13, 2021
A good read but why not just download LastPass or Dashlane to manage your password
Re: by iLegendd(m): 11:52am On Jun 13, 2021
drakeskull:
A good read but why not just download LastPass or Dashlane to manage your password

The day those companies get hacked what will you get? An apology from them and nothing more.

One day, non matter how secure Google is, they'll surely get hacked. It's just a matter of time. So, if it can happen to Google, it can happen to anyone.
Re: by drakeskull(m): 3:04pm On Jun 13, 2021
iLegendd:

The day those companies get hacked what will you get? An apology from them and nothing more.

One day, non matter how secure Google is, they'll surely get hacked. It's just a matter of time. So, if it can happen to Google, it can happen to anyone.

What about those places you use your passwords at getting hacked? So you have a finite way of structuring your password doesn't stop you from being a victim. Your method even encourages one to stick to a particular password or how many of these password you wan keep for head
Re: by iLegendd(m): 5:04pm On Jun 13, 2021
drakeskull:

What about those places you use your passwords at getting hacked? So you have a finite way of structuring your password doesn't stop you from being a victim. Your method even encourages one to stick to a particular password or how many of these password you wan keep for head

You probably didn't read the post. All you have to keep in your head is just 1 password — the base password.

If the site you used gets hacked, no problem — your passwords are all unique.
Re: by greenalwaz: 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2021
iLegendd:
HAVING A SMART PASSWORD: How to Set a Password You'll Never Forget and Will Never Be the Same on Different Sites

I read a post ( https://www.nairaland.com/6581088/forgotten-npower-password ) of someone who forgot his N-Power password and decided to share this solution to help people not to forget their passwords again.

One thing people forget to tell others about the Internet is to never use one password on different sites.

Also, make sure your password has a number(s), a letter(s) in both upper and lowercase, and some symbols, or at least, one. It should be up to 8 or more.

Emotions rule. Set you password based on EMOTION — attach it to someone you love, but unfortunately, he or she passed away. Sad, right? Yes, it is. Such things can't be forgotten easily.

This way, you can never forget the password even 100 years from now.

Your name is Kevin/Mary, but you lost someone dear to you called Michael. What you should do is to use the name  MICHAEL  (the inverted form) as your base password.

Inverse of M = W

Inverse of I = ! (exclamation mark or you can use the number 1)

Inverse of c = ) (i.e bracket close) but let's just use the US cent symbols ¢ as our letter c replacement.

For the letter h, let's leave it like that.

Inverse of a = let's use @

Inverse of E = when you turn the capital letter E back, it gives you the number 3, so let's use 3 for E.

Inverse of L = J, but let's just use it as l. You can use the number 1, but let's just use the lowercase l.

Finally, our base password is Micheal, which is now W!¢h@3l. Remember, the first letter is capital, but the rest are lowercases. Understood?

It's not over yet. We have only gotten our base password, not our final password. Our final password is determined by the site were registering on.

Now, if you want to register on a site, "append" the first letter or the last letter, or the first and last letter of that site to your base password with + or any other symbol.

Example:

Let's assume there is a site called Facebook.com and I want to register on it, my password will be
W!¢h@3l+fk

The first letter of Facebook is f and the last letter is k = +fk. If it's Gmail.com, it'll be +gl. If it's on Binance.com, it'll be +be. If it's Twitter, it'll be +tr and so on. Understood? Sure, you do.

If you don't want to use the first and last letter, you can use the first only or the last only. Also, you can use any other symbol to append the last letter instead of +.

In summary, your beloved Michael is now your password and when you register on different sites with that password, you'll never forget.

I can never forget my passwords and at the same time, they are extremely hard.

So, use the above to stay organized and unique with your passwords. A disorganized man is a lazy man — don't be lazy.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: by iLegendd(m): 1:46pm On Jun 23, 2021
greenalwaz:
Thanks

You're welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Best Education Forum For Nigerian Students - Campuscatch Forum / NANS SOUTH WEST: EMBATTLED FPI PRESIDENT EMERGES COORDINATOR / NSSB Group C Answer Key 2022 For 11, 12 November Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.