Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,968 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA (36623 Views)

Record Set! A Lady Becomes The First Female Sug President Of FUNAAB! / Bature: The Sokoto Boy Who Set A New Record At NDA (awards, Statue And Photos) / Ahmed Bature, Nigerian Defence Academy Best Graduating Student (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by NafeesaAA(f): 7:12am On Oct 04, 2017
Bature practically swept all the awards on offer during the Passing out Parade at the Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna. He was so outstanding his statue was unveiled to perpetuate the memory of his sheer brilliance, focus, hard work and exceptional life of discipline.

According to military sources, by having his life size statue erected at the NDA (a relatively new tradition in the academy), he joins other exceptional cadets before him in the military Hall of Fame.

But he surpasses them all still: 2nd Lieutenant Ahmed Buhari Bature has set a record that will be difficult to match, much less beaten.

22-year-old Bature, from Sokoto State, is described by officers at the NDA as charismatic, hardworking and highly disciplined.

When a child does well, the whole village celebrates him. An elated spokesman to Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State announced on Twitter and Facebook: “He won every accolade on offer. A statue was errected in his honor.”

Bature joined the academy in 2012 to study for a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in Computer Science. Through his consistent, sheer brilliance and discipline, he was said to have become a prep winger within a short time.

This means he was training other cadets who joined the academy for short service.

It is said that his going to England for further training at the Royal Military Academy in Sandhurst had to be deferred because he had become so valuable at training and mentoring other cadets.

He not only emerged the best in his department; in the final year of his training at the academy, he emerged as the Academy Cadet Adjutant (ACA).

The ACA, according to military sources, is the most senior/powerful cadet, and more or less the de facto administrator of his set in the academy. He oversees all the affairs of his (cadet) set and liaises with the military authorities in the academy on their behalf.

He is respected (indeed, feared) by his set and exercises vicarious authority on behalf of the military leadership in areas of discipline, welfare, training, drills and so on.

Usually, only cadets with exceptional all-round brilliance, and who have shown consistent promise (in all areas of training, academics, discipline, etc) are chosen as Academy Cadet Adjutant.

It is said that an ACA is a potential future Chief of Army Staff, and is so prized, protected and honoured.

As ACA (reportedly the youngest so far), Bature is said to have ‘administered’ over 2,300 cadets, possibly the largest ever in the history of the academy.

Saturday Tribune gathered from reliable military sources that Bature has, indeed, set a record as the first cadet ever in the NDA to have swept all the honours available the way he did.

Young Bature was said to have shone like a star during the Passing out Parade, as he was repeatedly called to receive awards.

Some of those awards include the ‘Indian Shield’, which is given to the best in cadet tactics; ‘Gold Medal Army’, which is given to the overall best among the army (cadets); and the ‘Golden Sword of Honour’, given to the best all-round cadet in academics, military courses, character and discipline.

The Sokoto State chapter of the National Youth Council is already celebrating him as a worthy ambassador for the youths, especially of Sokoto State.

A statement by the chairman of the council, Bello Bala Shagari, says Bature has become “a role model who has proven his worth and that of the young people of Sokoto State.

“We at the Youth Council believe that if the youth of Sokoto State are given the chance, such hardworking and excellent qualities that are inherent in our young people will come to light,” it state.

It then called on government of the state to continue the good work of identifying gifted young people of Sokoto State and honouring them in the best way possible.

“Insha Allah, we will all live to see 2nd Lt Ahmed Buhari Bature become a General in the Nigerian army; the kind of General that Nigeria and the world at large will be proud of.”

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/bature-sokoto-boy-set-new-record-nda/

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by NafeesaAA(f): 7:16am On Oct 04, 2017
fearless, focused and determined #bature all the way. Allah kare sharri, fitina da bala'i

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by Agboola321(m): 7:19am On Oct 04, 2017
Hardwork and determination truly pays. God bless Officer Bature. Keep the flag flying high.

I salute Sir cool

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by whitebeard(m): 7:20am On Oct 04, 2017
Looks like someone I would end up firing from the army before he complete his tenure...!! cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by mbhs139(m): 7:21am On Oct 04, 2017
More Grease To Your Elbow Young Man. May Allah saves you from the enemy within.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by Nightwolf1: 7:21am On Oct 04, 2017
How this one take reduce price of garri I don't know

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by shamack: 7:22am On Oct 04, 2017
What a blessed child, more greese to ur elbow,,,,,,,,,pls tell this hater above me to look for a nice junction n hang himself to death

42 Likes

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by KingTom(m): 7:46am On Oct 04, 2017
whitebeard:
Looks like someone I would end up firing from the army before he complete his tenure...!! cheesy
From Sokoto state? Hehehehe I see Chief of Army Staff written all over this one grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by whitebeard(m): 7:51am On Oct 04, 2017
KingTom:

From Sokoto state? Hehehehe I see Chief of Army Staff written all over this one grin
I reject it for Nigeria..! grin but we shall see..!

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by KingTom(m): 7:52am On Oct 04, 2017
whitebeard:
I reject it for Nigeria..! grin but we shall see..!
we go don old by then na e go be when he dey his 50s or thereabouts now him dey 22 grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by whitebeard(m): 7:54am On Oct 04, 2017
KingTom:
we go don old by then na e go be when he dey his 50s or thereabouts now him dey 22 grin
grin grin grin we shall see
Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by lonelydora: 7:57am On Oct 04, 2017
Ok
Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by Amastermovic(m): 7:57am On Oct 04, 2017
Me dey my house dey form common detective..

All I see is commitment

3 Likes

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by scofieldsimba(m): 7:57am On Oct 04, 2017
An honour well deserved...Congrats boy!

2 Likes

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by DanielsParker(m): 7:57am On Oct 04, 2017
impressive
Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by Viking007(m): 7:58am On Oct 04, 2017
How many times will this be on front page?

3 Likes

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by Florblu(f): 7:59am On Oct 04, 2017
ABOKI

6 Likes

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 04, 2017
NCAN

He is a Awusa boy.....who is brilliant.

Must have had an Igbo-Yoruba blood in him wink

Anyways, congrats to future CDS

4 Likes

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by slimshadyl(m): 7:59am On Oct 04, 2017
Viking007:
How many times will this be on front page?

lol

maybe the guy is op's relation

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by Promismike(m): 7:59am On Oct 04, 2017
Bring him to the west or south east let's test how intelligent and brilliant he is using our criteria not the northern criteria.

We knw the criteria for military and academic excellence in the north and for the north is always below per.

28 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by Bolustical: 7:59am On Oct 04, 2017
Watch out as some riff raffs from potor potor republic will cry foul and start shouting marginalisation. Now that Bature is not an homoflatty, they won't care if it's by merit.

BTW, Bature will be needed for future Python Dancing.

God keep you till then.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by Bolustical: 8:00am On Oct 04, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by 9japrof(m): 8:00am On Oct 04, 2017
If he is good as he is being hyped, then kudos to him and wish him all the best in his military career.

Who is good is good despite his race, ethnic affiliation or status in the society.

Future COAS might be hyping taken too far, no be this naija where we celebrate mediocrity. We sacrifice the best for nepotistic fellows

7 Likes

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by ifyan(m): 8:01am On Oct 04, 2017
Good.

This is what the Hausas are really good at.

Fine aboki though

5 Likes

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by okonja(m): 8:02am On Oct 04, 2017
Weldone cheesy
Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 04, 2017
Nightwolf1:
How this one take reduce price of garri I don't know

Jealous much, squire?

4 Likes

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 04, 2017
First to comment grin grin grin
Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by emekson(m): 8:02am On Oct 04, 2017
I posted this first, why posting now
Hmm!!

Since the guy is not Igbo or Yoruba, the tribal e-warriors have taken their trade elsewhere.

7 Likes

Re: Ahmed Buhari Bature Set A New Record At NDA by psalmsonovic(m): 8:02am On Oct 04, 2017
He is obviously good. but I still no see wetin d guy do self.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Death Of Innocent Ani: Missing ESUT Student Killed By Kidnapper / FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS / Ukaegbu Stephanie Graduates With First Class From Godfrey Okoye University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.