Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,058 members, 7,814,637 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? (1332 Views)

Yoruba Nation: Modupe Onitiri Abiola Declares Secession From Nigeria (video) / SECESSION: Where Does South South Stand / Tanko Yakasai: Amotekun Will Promote SouthWest, Southeast, Southsouth Secession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by Bayonet40: 3:00pm On Jun 01, 2021
I have been in Makurdi, Benue state for a period of 2 years now, and I discovered that despite the fact they are being killed by Fulani herdsmen almost on daily basis, they (especially Tiv people) still have much hate for igbos, even when I try to let them understand that we igbos don't even see them as enemies, and I wonder why.
Where do you think they belong to if eventually Biafra breaks away from Nigeria, and if you are from the Middle Belt, please share your thoughts with us.

Please pardon any typo, was in a hurry
Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by Prettyclown: 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2021
So for ur mind u be IBO grin

Don't even try to count yourselves as IBOS bcoz una no belong there and for ur question, go ask ur Benue ancestors cool
Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by ComrdDRS1: 3:26pm On Jun 01, 2021
Middlebelt doesn't hate Igbo. They're aware of who are their enemies now....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by SlayerForever: 4:06pm On Jun 01, 2021
Middlebelt is middlebelt. The persistent Fulani attacks have made them grow closer and develop a group identity. They will stand alone should Nigeria break up. However, Kwara may go with Oduduwa, if Sharia is ensured. The rest with Taraba will stand as Middlebelt with capital likely in Jos.

However, one little piece everyone overlooks is where Idoma will end up. There lies the possibility, however wild, that they will join Biafra. I'll tell you for free if Nnamdi Kanu really sits down with the Idomas they may crosscarpet to the Biafran side, especially if the Middlebelt agitation doesn't see fruition or is uncoordinated. But they keep that possibility in the closet because of the Nigerian approach to Igbo secession. And because they won't like to be looked at as betrayers of the Middlebelt course. Anyone who has interacted with a number of Idoma people, especially learned and exposed ones will affirm this. Majority Idomas are surprisingly non-Igbophobic lipsrsealed

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by butterfly777(m): 4:46pm On Jun 01, 2021
The wisest thing for the middle belt people to do is to put aside their tribal differences and form a federation that will become ab independent country.

It else, the Hausa Fulanis could continue to them gradually and take over their lands.

1 Like

Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by opalu: 4:48pm On Jun 01, 2021
Nigeria will have a great Leader that will make every single Nigerian to be very proud of this country.

However if you do a Referendum in the Middle-Belt, we will never follow the Igbos or the Hausas or the Yorubas. Middle Belt has more than 150 Tribes. Nigeria is regarded as WA-ZO-BIA yet we dont get angry at the 3 major tribes. But you 3 Tribes hate one another with Passion. Middle-Belt Republic will control the 2 major rivers and dictate how you people should behave. grin
But on a serious note, the tremendous potential of Nigeria is too sweet for us to divide. Nigeria hasnt had a great Leader for the past 60 years except for Muritala and Yaradua and ofcourse Abiola . All who died abruptly.
So give some kudos to Nigeria. A Nation raped and plundered left right and centre for decades yet it keeps waxing strong. Only COVID19 looting alone is okay to shut down a small Country like South Africa

2 Likes

Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by kabillionaire(m): 5:10pm On Jun 01, 2021
You were in a hurry to type rubbish and incites hatred abi?

For your information, no Tiv man hates Igbo.

It's the Igbos that keep on reminding and blaming the Tiv for participating and fighting on the side of the Nigerian govt. in the Biafran war.

If it were the Tiv fighting for Takuruku Republic as a strictly Tiv affairs, on whose side would the Igbos fight then?

Simply because you're 2 years old in Makurdi, you start jumping to conclusions.

If the Tiv so much hates the Igbos, how come you find them in the most interior of Tiv villages?

I did my NYSC in the East, I know first hand what you guys are capable of ...yet still, I don't have anything against you guys ...at least nothing personal.

Coming online and posting what you just did is a disservice to the very people that have been hosting you hospitably for the past 2 years.

When you sit in a beer parlour in Makurdi and brings out the Igbo ego in you to argue whether the Tiv hates the Igbos or not, let me advise you; when you notice something in someone, it's a mirror of yourself.

Ego and ego can hardly agree with each other. Calm down, enjoy your stay in Benue state and leave, but if you choose to stay, you're welcome.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by kabillionaire(m): 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2021
You nailed it.
SlayerForever:
Middlebelt is middlebelt. The persistent Fulani attacks have made them grow closer and develop a group identity. They will stand alone should Nigeria break up. However, Kwara may go with Oduduwa, if Sharia is ensured. The rest with Taraba will stand as Middlebelt with capital likely in Jos.

However, one little piece everyone overlooks is where Idoma will end up. There lies the possibility, however wild, that they will join Biafra. I'll tell you for free if Nnamdi Kanu really sits down with the Idomas they may crosscarpet to the Biafran side, especially if the Middlebelt agitation doesn't see fruition or is uncoordinated. But they keep that possibility in the closet because of the Nigerian approach to Igbo secession. And because they won't like to be looked at as betrayers of the Middlebelt course. Anyone who has interacted with a number of Idoma people, especially learned and exposed ones will affirm this. Majority Idomas are surprisingly non-Igbophobic lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by JONSYN7154: 7:19pm On Jun 01, 2021
SlayerForever:

For your mind you think we the idoma will join Biafra??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by ComrdDRS1: 7:23pm On Jun 01, 2021
kabillionaire:

It's the Igbos that keep on reminding and blaming the Tiv for participating and fighting on the side of the Nigerian govt. in the Biafran war.

If it were the Tiv fighting for Takuruku Republic as a strictly Tiv affairs, on whose side would the Igbos fight then?

If the Tiv so much hates the Igbos, how come you find them in the most interior of Tiv villages?

I did my NYSC in the East, I know first hand what you guys are capable of ...yet still, I don't have anything against you guys ...at least nothing personal.

Coming online and posting what you just did is a disservice to the very people that have been hosting you hospitably for the past 2 years.

When you sit in a beer parlour in Makurdi and brings out the Igbo ego in you to argue whether the Tiv hates the Igbos or not, let me advise you; when you notice something in someone, it's a mirror of yourself.

Ego and ego can hardly agree with each other. Calm down, enjoy your stay in Benue state and leave, but if you choose to stay, you're welcome.
You have said it all. They Igbo refuse to appreciate the Tiv people for stopping the jihadist from entering Alaigbo.
The Igbo refuse to note that they and the Tiv are the most hated tribe in Nigeria by the fulanis.
The Igbo refuse to note that they and the Tiv people are the only thorn in the flesh of the foolanis.

2 Likes

Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by slivertongue: 7:50pm On Jun 01, 2021
central peoples of Nigeria are staying on their own. I don't think the Benue hate anybody. the central people hate to be dominated or exploited
Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by slivertongue: 7:52pm On Jun 01, 2021
ComrdDRS1:

You have said it all. They Igbo refuse to appreciate the Tiv people for stopping the jihadist from entering Alaigbo.
The Igbo refuse to note that they and the Tiv are the most hated tribe in Nigeria by the fulanis.
The Igbo refuse to note that they and the Tiv people are the only thorn in the flesh of the foolanis.

good student of history.
Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by slivertongue: 7:59pm On Jun 01, 2021
SlayerForever:

well said.

idomas are the most exposed ethnic group in central Nigeria. they highly educated, civilised. accomodating and welcoming

1 Like

Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by SlayerForever: 8:20pm On Jun 01, 2021
JONSYN7154:
For your mind you think we the idoma will join Biafra??

Oyine abole?
Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by SlayerForever: 8:25pm On Jun 01, 2021
ComrdDRS1:
Middlebelt doesn't hate Igbo. They're aware of who are their enemies now....

That's not exactly accurate. Middlebelt is very diverse. There are groups that are indifferent about Igbo people and there are others who are not fond of Igbos.
Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by SlayerForever: 8:27pm On Jun 01, 2021
[s]
ComrdDRS1:

You have said it all. They Igbo refuse to appreciate the Tiv people for stopping the jihadist from entering Alaigbo.[/s]

Thrash.
Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by SlayerForever: 8:28pm On Jun 01, 2021
slivertongue:

well said.

idomas are the most exposed ethnic group in central Nigeria. they highly educated, civilised. accomodating and welcoming

Mmmm, should be correct.
Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by JONSYN7154: 10:20pm On Jun 01, 2021
SlayerForever:

Oyine abole?
obobin. Abayoè?
Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by ComrdDRS1: 11:22pm On Jun 01, 2021
SlayerForever:

That's not exactly accurate. Middlebelt is very diverse. There are groups that are indifferent about Igbo people and there are others who are not fond of Igbos.
who are those
Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by ComrdDRS1: 11:23pm On Jun 01, 2021
SlayerForever:
[s]
Thrash.
How thrash is it to you... Mr.
Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 01, 2021
SlayerForever:

Oyine abole?
oyor kor?
Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by mrvitalis(m): 11:54pm On Jun 01, 2021
opalu:
Nigeria will have a great Leader that will make every single Nigerian to be very proud of this country.

However if you do a Referendum in the Middle-Belt, we will never follow the Igbos or the Hausas or the Yorubas. Middle Belt has more than 150 Tribes. Nigeria is regarded as WA-ZO-BIA yet we dont get angry at the 3 major tribes. But you 3 Tribes hate one another with Passion. Middle-Belt Republic will control the 2 major rivers and dictate how you people should behave. grin
But on a serious note, the tremendous potential of Nigeria is too sweet for us to divide. Nigeria hasnt had a great Leader for the past 60 years except for Muritala and Yaradua and ofcourse Abiola . All who died abruptly.
So give some kudos to Nigeria. A Nation raped and plundered left right and centre for decades yet it keeps waxing strong. Only COVID19 looting alone is okay to shut down a small Country like South Africa
The system that produce buhari can produce someone far worse ...is that a risk u are ready to take ?
Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by buckeyemedia: 1:31am On Jun 02, 2021
butterfly777:
The wisest thing for the middle belt people to do is to put aside their tribal differences and form a federation that will become ab independent country.

It else, the Hausa Fulanis could continue to them gradually and take over their lands.
Who will draw the borders of the new country for you? Ok your Fulani neighbors will not cross the new border & continue their grazing? or those Tiv people will build borders overnight in the new federation? Mr Man please face the problem in front of you & try to solve it, mind over matter. Please be realistic in your imagination, they should form an alliance to fight the Fulanis, then after the conquest, go back to fighting themselves over who owns the land?
Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by kabillionaire(m): 1:38am On Jun 02, 2021
Exactly!
ComrdDRS1:

1 Like

Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by buckeyemedia: 1:44am On Jun 02, 2021
ComrdDRS1:

Only Tiv have ruled Benue State since 1999. & the state is still in misery & you are shouting Fulani that have been residing with you before usman dan fodio entered Nigeria? Beg the British to come & settle you people, una no get the sense to settle yourselves & in all honesty no body fears the Igbo society they are fellow Nigerians, you can google it if you doubt, they have never had a singular ruler right from Nri, even the British initially found it hard to govern the East, no one single person can claim to speak for the Igbo people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by Igboid: 2:18am On Jun 02, 2021
kabillionaire:

Keep quiet.
Not only did the Tivs serve as foot soldiers to the North in invading Biafra during the war, Tivs participated in the Igbo progrom before the war.
Many Igbos who escaped the far North enroute to SE were waylaid and Massacred by Tivs and Idomas to please your Hausa-Fulani masters.
You have to accept your sins against Ndiigbo first and foremost before we can move forward.

Nope we wouldn't join you to fight for your Takuruku republic, but we wouldn't join your enemies to fight you.
Even during Tiv riots before the war, Igbo soldiers sent to quell the uprising did all they can to make sure Tivs were not killed unnecessarily. I think it was o
Onwuatuegwu that was the Igbo officer in charge of that campaign.

The Igbos are even in interior villages of Boko Haram infested Borno.
Igbos being in Tivland has nothing to do with you hating or loving Igbos. Igbos don't go to a place because people love or hate us, we go to a place there are needs to meet in return for money for solving the need.
Don't be like the Yorubas with their accommodation mantra.

Be more specific, what did Igbos do to you during your service year?

Nnaa, no one is hosting anyone in Nigeria. This is the one NIGERIA you all fought for. Someone can't be hosted in his supposed country.

When you sit in a beer parlour in Makurdi and brings out the Igbo ego in you to argue whether the Tiv hates the Igbos or not, let me advise you; when you notice something in someone, it's a mirror of your

What ego are you talking about? Are suffering from complex issues?

3 Likes

Re: SECESSION: Where Does Middle Belt Belong? by allcomage: 5:00am On Jun 02, 2021
With the carnage going on in the middle belt and especially benue, I will suggest they should form alliance with Igbo. If eventually Igbo get Biafra which I'm sure but not time, muslim fulani will in a blaze of light take over tiv and idoma lands. An independent Biafra will be a strong country in the gulf of guinea similar to Israeli position in the Middle East. Benue is not even in the North by geography but in the south Eastern Nigeria but in Nigeria black can be white.

(1) (Reply)

Nineteen South-west Monarchs Demand Release Of Igboho’s Aides, Say Department Of / Look At Imo Station Where Police Said They intercepted & Repelled Gunmen Attack / UK Barrister Slams Buhari Genocide - Supports Biafra Right To Self Detemination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.